PDA

View Full Version : Developing a new feeling of community - I will start.

Pages : 1 [2]

Rain Man
06-07-2006, 07:16 PM
As coryt said you are 78th, you find out by find your self in the members list clicking on it and looking at the url.

Cool. I'm number 662.

Earthling
06-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Hello...Another Jim here
56 yo in July

Married to a beautiful Japanese lady and just celebrated our 28th

One child 11 (Amandalin July)

Born and raised in Wichita

Guitar/Bassist in bands since 1965

Owner of a small painting company in Colorado

Known to be strident at times

Tribal Warfare
06-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Done,btw what was the name of the young lady in your sig again.

Adriana Lima

milkman
06-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Cool. I'm number 662.

Shut up n00b. :D

I'm number 84.

Nzoner
06-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Adriana Lima

Man do I love google

Oh and thanks

OldTownChief
06-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Hello...Another Jim here
56 yo in July

Married to a beautiful Japanese lady and just celebrated our 28th

One child 11 (Amandalin July)

Born and raised in Wichita

Guitar/Bassist in bands since 1965

Owner of a small painting company in Colorado

Known to be strident at times

Hey Jim,
I was born and raised in Wichita and throughout the 80's I also made rounds as a Guitar/Bassist in all the dives around town (mostly Bassist)

Where are some of the places you played? I'll bet we crossed paths a time or two.

Earthling
06-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey Jim,
I was born and raised in Wichita and throughout the 80's I also made rounds as a Guitar/Bassist in all the dives around town (mostly Bassist)

Where are some of the places you played? I'll bet we crossed paths a time or two.

Cool...Im tryin to remember some of the names there in Wichita.. Stage Door Inn..The Castle place up North Broadway (you'd know it if you saw it).. We did a memorial day (I think) at some park (can't remember the name now) in Wichita and got tear gassed out of helocopters no less..Huge riot. They banned rock and roll at the parks and also at WSU for a while afterwards..We prolly know some of the same people there.

OldTownChief
06-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Cool...Im tryin to remember some of the names there in Wichita.. Stage Door Inn..The Castle place up North Broadway (you'd know it if you saw it).. We did a memorial day (I think) at some park (can't remember the name now) in Wichita and got tear gassed out of helocopters no less..Huge riot. They banned rock and roll at the parks and also at WSU for a while afterwards..We prolly know some of the same people there.

I played at the "Castle Place" too a few times it's been a lot of different names, now it's a blues bar. The riot was the famous Herman Hill disaster. I wasn't there that day but was glued to the TV watching the whole thing. I still see T-shirts every now and then saying "I survived Herman Hill". Also played at the Stage Door, Foundry 21, Beer Mill, Gin Mill, Silver Bullet, Paradise Club, Cyprus Club, and others that I can't remember now.

Earthling
06-07-2006, 08:21 PM
I played at the "Castle Place" too a few times it's been a lot of different names, now it's a blues bar. The riot was the famous Herman Hill disaster. I wasn't there that day but was glued to the TV watching the whole thing. I still see T-shirts every now and then saying "I survived Herman Hill". Also played at the Stage Door, Foundry 21, Beer Mill, Gin Mill, Silver Bullet, Paradise Club, Cyprus Club, and others that I can't remember now.

Lol..The foundry was fun, the Aquarious Lounge, Tenn Gin Mill...Brings back a lot of good memories. Yeah it was Herman Hill Park..We did Memorial day there about 5 years in a row and landed right in the middle of that riot. What is really funny is that the last song we did was called "Its a riot" ...Can't remember who did that originally now...Lol must be olds timer disease...

OldTownChief
06-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Lol..The foundry was fun, the Aquarious Lounge, Tenn Gin Mill...Brings back a lot of good memories. Yeah it was Herman Hill Park..We did Memorial day there about 5 years in a row and landed right in the middle of that riot. What is really funny is that the last song we did was called "Its a riot" ...Can't remember who did that originally now...Lol must be olds timer disease...

That riot was crazy. Started over parking, the cops wanted some cars moved and a few didnt like that and started throwing rocks at them. Thousands of people including a lot of women and children. they gassed them ALL.

mcan
06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=184

thanks. I'd always wondered where I fit on the pecking order.

#184 ain't bad.

Mark M
06-07-2006, 08:58 PM
I'll play ...

First Name -- Mark

Age -- 35 (next week)

Married -- Quite happily for the last 6 years ... although, the day ain't over yet.

2 kids -- A son who's almost 2 and the coolest. Dude. Ever; and a daughter who is 14 and lives with the psycho welfare sucking slut that is her mother who won't let me see her. Long story.

Writer -- I craft press releases, financial education articles, and entire Web sites. Also run my own blog and am working on a book. Will do freelance work (just send me an e-mail).

Started over at the Star board under a different name in late '99; came over here when the Star started cracking down on non-football threads.

Interesting fact: I did stand up comedy for a year while in college -- and LOVED IT. Unfortunately, I still think I'm funny ...

MM
~~:)

Mark M
06-07-2006, 08:59 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=184

thanks. I'd always wondered where I fit on the pecking order.

#184 ain't bad.

Mine is 281 ... ?

No ****ing way that's right ... YOU'RE ALL NOOBS TO ME!!!

MM
~~;)

mcan
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Mine is 281 ... ?

No ****ing way that's right ... YOU'RE ALL NOOBS TO ME!!!

MM
~~;)

Don't worry, if you'ld like to feel older, I'll start calling you grandpa.

Mcan
doesn't have the gaudy post count, but has been here FOREVER...

Mark M
06-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Don't worry, if you'ld like to feel older, I'll start calling you grandpa.

Mcan
doesn't have the gaudy post count, but has been here FOREVER...

:LOL:

Well, I do have an inordinate amount of white hair ...

MM
~~:sulk:

ChiefButthurt
06-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Just once, in a thread like this, or discussion in real life I'd like to hear someone say

"I'm Roy, I've got a wife and 3 beautiful Children....4 kids, but 1 is an ugly SOB and I wish the scary looking little guy would quit sneaking up on me"

Now that's effin funny.

ChiefaRoo
06-07-2006, 09:15 PM
First Name -- Chad

Age -- 31

Never Married No Kids -- The ladies like me and I've already got nephews. I have one standing order "Uncle Chad doesn't wipe any ass but his own"

Occupation - Part Owner of my family's Mfg. business. Sales/Marketing Mgr.

ChiefButthurt
06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Alright I've lurked enough.

Name: Who Knows?

Age 46

Married for 28 years

Been hanging around the board for about 1 year, finally signed up in January 2006. This place is like a soap opera and entertaining.

I've been a Chiefs fan since the Super Bowl win and I'd really like to see another visit or win before the age of 62. I don't know if I can handle a party of that magnitude past the age of 62.

VonneMarie
06-07-2006, 09:58 PM
As coryt said you are 78th, you find out by find your self in the members list clicking on it and looking at the url.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=78

Is yours, see the 78 at the end.

Here is coryt's

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=57

He was 57th
Wha?

milkman
06-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Wha?

You're number 1979.

VonneMarie
06-07-2006, 10:19 PM
You're number 1979.
I just wanted to know what the hell they were talking about.

milkman
06-07-2006, 10:28 PM
I just wanted to know what the hell they were talking about.

Have you figured it out?

VonneMarie
06-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Have you figured it out?
No. :spock:

Frazod
06-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Damn, I'm all the way down at No. 94. Waiting those two extra days really messed me up.

milkman
06-07-2006, 10:35 PM
DaKCMan was the 78th person to register at the planet.
coryt was the 57th.
Logical was the 42nd.
I was the 84th, and you were the number 1979 to register.

You can click on the profile of any poster, and the last number on the address (URL) is your number.

KC Jones
06-07-2006, 10:37 PM
woot - I was 56th in line.

VonneMarie
06-07-2006, 10:38 PM
DaKCMan was the 78th person to register at the planet.
coryt was the 57th.
Logical was the 42nd.
I was the 84th, and you were the number 1979 to register.

You can click on the profile of any poster, and the last number on the address (URL) is your number.
Ahhh... gotcha. :)

Tribal Warfare
06-07-2006, 11:18 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=108

Shootr
06-07-2006, 11:39 PM
I am number 44. With 99 posts in almost six years, I believe I hold the distinction of the Planet's worst lurker.

By the way...

first name --Brett
age 31
Married
two year old daughter and one on the way
manager of Warehousing and Inventory Control
Super lurked my way here from the Star board

Logical
06-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Another interesting factoid.

There are no 1, 3-16 accounts. Those were all taken by AustinChief when he was setting the place up and testing it and have been deleted.

AustinChief is 2
htismaqe is 17 (but actually the 2nd real registered individual)

milkman
06-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Another interesting factoid.

There are no 1, 3-16 accounts. Those were all taken by AustinChief when he was setting the place up and testing it and have been deleted.

AustinChief is 2
htismaqe is 17 (but actually the 2nd real registered individual)

So that makes me actually poster #69?

Yeah!

Frazod
06-07-2006, 11:57 PM
I am number 44. With 99 posts in almost six years, I believe I hold the distinction of the Planet's worst lurker.

By the way...

first name --Brett
age 31
Married

0.05 threads per day. That's gotta be a record for a founder. :D

Shootr
06-07-2006, 11:59 PM
0.05 threads per day. That's gotta be a record for a founder. :D
Impressive, huh? :shake:

This is post 100 for me, quite a milestone.

Frazod
06-08-2006, 12:04 AM

I feel like I should welcome you aboard, but you've been here longer than I have. :hmmm:

Goddess Tara
06-08-2006, 01:54 AM
first name --Tara
age 31
Married
3 boys, 15, 12, and 7
Care Manager for a Hospitalist physician group
Was a member on The Star for a while and while super lurking on Dave's account forever, finally decided to make my own.

Moooo
06-08-2006, 01:59 AM
First name - Moo

Last name - oo

I'm 22, live in Springfield, and go to school as a psych major with a philosophy minor or major (depends on how lazy I get).

And I really have no friggin clue how I got here. I don't remember if it was a friend, or just some web meandering...

Moooo

Goddess Tara
06-08-2006, 03:23 AM
First name - Moo

Last name - oo

I'm 22, live in Springfield, and go to school as a psych major with a philosophy minor or major (depends on how lazy I get).

And I really have no friggin clue how I got here. I don't remember if it was a friend, or just some web meandering...

Moooo

22??? Wow, I really pictured you as older.

Moooo
06-08-2006, 03:26 AM
22??? Wow, I really pictured you as older.

A lot of people say that. Comically enough the opposite is true when people see me.

True story, I was at a bar, and a woman taps me on the back from NOWHERE to ask me, "So you're like twelve, right?" The only thing I could think of was that she was a rude b*tch, but then she asked me for my number. Needless to say, I gave it to her and then told her she needed to work on her pickup lines more.

Moooo

Tribal Warfare
06-08-2006, 07:22 AM
A lot of people say that. Comically enough the opposite is true when people see me.

True story, I was at a bar, and a woman taps me on the back from NOWHERE to ask me, "So you're like twelve, right?" The only thing I could think of was that she was a rude b*tch, but then she asked me for my number. Needless to say, I gave it to her and then told her she needed to work on her pickup lines more.

Moooo

How hot was she?

DaKCMan AP
06-08-2006, 07:25 AM
How hot was she?

She was probably one of those pedophile school teachers.

ct
06-08-2006, 08:44 AM

Herman Hill

[edit] I see I'm late once again. Cool to see you old Wichita coots catchin up. Your memories are a bit before my time, I was just a kid that riot day. I do remember being at my grandma's house that day, and 3 cop cars flew by on her street (Bluff, just a residential thru street) and didn't even hesitate to cross Lincoln, on thier way over there. The last one just plowed some other car, jackknifed bigtime. Nobody killed, but very serious injuries for everyone. I learned a serious distaste for cops that day, totally reckless arrogance nearly cost a couple kids in that car their lives, and at a minimum messed them up for awhile. We were just a half block away and saw it live and in color, ran down to help until the EMTs arrived. One of the kids was really messed up, both legs were fooked!

ct
06-08-2006, 08:48 AM
So that makes me actually poster #69?

Yeah!

ROFL

Donger
06-08-2006, 08:51 AM
first name --Tara
age 31
Married
3 boys, 15, 12, and 7
Care Manager for a Hospitalist physician group
Was a member on The Star for a while and while super lurking on Dave's account forever, finally decided to make my own.

You were 16 when you had your first boy?

ct
06-08-2006, 08:57 AM

Wow, and I thought I was low for one of the earliest n00bs.

Hey Shootr, have you noticed any of the archives? All my posts show up as you. I'm sorry for ya!! :) My apologies if I've disparaged your rep.

Moooo
06-08-2006, 10:45 AM
How hot was she?

I don't remember, so obviously not too hot. Then again, I'm very unaware of my surroundings.

Moooo

chagrin
06-08-2006, 10:50 AM

By the way...

first name --Brett
age 31
Married

Hey dude, weren't you in my NFL fantasy Football league, or was it yahoo?