View Full Version : Priest on 810 right now

beavis
06-06-2006, 04:08 PM
FYI.

Douche Baggins
06-06-2006, 04:15 PM
"I want to play for the Chiefs this year"

"My intention and desire is to play football"

Met with Carl and Herm an hour ago and talked about visting Dr. Watkins...has high expectations...sees no reason why he wouldn't be approved.

"If ya'll can give me a draw and a stretch play, that's all I need"

Douche Baggins
06-06-2006, 04:17 PM
"You don't want to take on the entire NFL by yourself" in regards to LJ starting.

Douche Baggins
06-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Priest just said he wanted 1,000 yards this year.

Donger
06-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Barring his medical condition, what other items are there that could lead him not to play next season?

Money?

Baby Lee
06-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Barring his medical condition, what other items are there that could lead him not to play next season?

Money?
Sub-par nachos.

Chan93lx50
06-06-2006, 05:00 PM
I dont think LJ would be too happy about giving up many of his carries.

And I think LJ wants to take on the NFL, but damn it sure would feel nice knowing we have Priest back to come in when LJ is winded or if he goes down.

Funny I said the same thing last year but just the opposite,

MichaelH
06-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Sub-par nachos.

ROFL:clap:

jidar
06-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Priest just said he wanted 1,000 yards this year.

Not gonna happen.

FAX
06-06-2006, 05:13 PM
I love it. Let him say he wants 1500 yards.

If Priest comes back and acts like he wants the ball, LJ will run like a maniacal wilderbeast on meth.

FAX

philfree
06-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Not gonna happen.

Yeah prolly not. :(
Just keep doubting Priest Holmes :)

PhilFree:arrow:

CoMoChief
06-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I love it. Let him say he wants 1500 yards.

If Priest comes back and acts like he wants the ball, LJ will run like a maniacal wilderbeast on meth.

FAX

Last thing we need is a position controversy.

beer bacon
06-06-2006, 05:37 PM
I am perfectly fine with LJ getting 2,000 and Priest getting 1,000. That would be dandy.

beer bacon
06-06-2006, 05:37 PM

First thing Herm did when he got signed was that LJ was the #1 RB. There will be no controversy.

FAX
06-06-2006, 05:39 PM

You're right about that, Mr. BSPimpDude. But, surely there's little if any danger of that at running back.

Herm has stated that LJ is the starter. And, I'm certain that, if Priest returns, he knows that he will be a role player, given his health. However, anything that lights up LJ is alright with me. Including competitive pressure from Priest at the RB position.

FAX

Mr. Laz
06-06-2006, 05:44 PM
I am perfectly fine with LJ getting 2,000 and Priest getting 1,000. That would be dandy.
yep

Mr. Laz
06-06-2006, 05:46 PM
huge difference in have a position controversy when you are not sure whether you have a guy that's good enough and our situation where you got 2 guys that have shown they can be studly.

no such thing as too many great players

the Talking Can
06-06-2006, 05:49 PM
priest was talking out of both sides of his mouth...the guy can not just answer a question...he said 13 different times, "I'm definetly coming back........maybe"

I got sick of listening to him. He can back up LJ if he wants but he isn't getting a 1000 yards...he made a joke at one point about insurance policies paying well - he was talking about his contract and making it clear he wasn't going to retire while getting paid...Shiteman laughed hysterically...because it was the only honest thing he said, imho...

htismaqe
06-06-2006, 05:52 PM
priest was talking out of both sides of his mouth...the guy can not just answer a question...he said 13 different times, "I'm definetly coming back........maybe"

I got sick of listening to him. He can back up LJ if he wants but he isn't getting a 1000 yards...he made a joke at one point about insurance policies paying well - he was talking about his contract and making it clear he wasn't going to retire while getting paid...Shiteman laughed hysterically...because it was the only honest thing he said, imho...

You might want to post this here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141865

Tribal Warfare
06-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Shiteman laughed hysterically.

I would also if my name was Shiteman

FAX
06-06-2006, 06:06 PM
What is Priest supposed to say? I mean, seriously?

They ask him questions like, "So, do you want to come back?" about fifty times in every interview since he was injured. So, he says, "Yeah. I definately want to come back." Then they ask, "So are you coming back, then?", and Priest says, "Maybe ... it depends on the doctors."

If that's doubletalk, I must be missing something. Also, who wouldn't want to get their full contract value? Injury or no injury. I think we can all agree that CP will be looking for every possible angle to reduce any compensatory liability the team might have with Priest. Is he supposed to go along with whatever Carl wants to do?

Priest has been a great player for us. A huge and very welcome surprise. I'd take 1 Priest over 90 Shitemans or whatever his name is.

FAX

4th and Long
06-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Have you even been paying attention these last few years, Einstein?

Fruit Ninja
06-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Well he said he will be in river falls even if he isnt cleared to play just yet. He will be doing individual work outs. He also said, that there is ver very high chance of him bieng cleared. He was bieng as honest as he possibly could. I thought it was a very good interview, thats more thenw e heard out of him since he went down.

Guru
06-06-2006, 06:24 PM

Well said. :clap: :clap: :clap:

CHENZ A!
06-06-2006, 06:30 PM
If you had to choose between LJ getting 2000 or LJ getting 1000 and Preist getting 1000, what would you choose? Personally, I'd love to see the latter, as LJ will be more fresh for our playoff games/Super Bowl.

John_Wayne
06-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Not gonna happen. How about 675 rushing and 325 receiving? I could see that.

joesomebody
06-06-2006, 08:29 PM
I am perfectly fine with LJ getting 2,000 and Priest getting 1,000. That would be dandy.As long as my man Trent Green gets his 4000, I'm fine with that.

KCBOSS1
06-06-2006, 08:32 PM
I would hope that Priest would be content with being a role player, like Faulk. He's not going to break rushing records....he's not going to break the TD record again...But he could definitely help LJ. The one thing that would top his career is a SB in a strong role.

Hopefully, he will contribute leadership to the team. I think that he's got the character to do it, but we'll see.

Mojo Rising
06-06-2006, 09:23 PM
We do need a stud a back-up. LJ pulled himself out on a key 3rd down vs. Denver in the 4th quarter because he wwas tired. If we didn't have such a strong D that held Denver that would have cost us the game.

It would also help to have Priest on the Goal line and blocking in 3rd and longs.

Halfcan
06-06-2006, 10:06 PM
I would hope that Priest would be content with being a role player, like Faulk. He's not going to break rushing records....he's not going to break the TD record again...But he could definitely help LJ. The one thing that would top his career is a SB in a strong role.

Hopefully, he will contribute leadership to the team. I think that he's got the character to do it, but we'll see.

Excellent post. Having a healthy PH on this team is a plus-no matter what anyone else has against the guy. I like Priest and have grown quite tired of all the bashing. He gives a defense a lot to think about when he is in there. He has always been a great recieving threat-and teamed with LJ gives us an unstopable running game. In the KC Star article today-he said he will be back.

This is great news!!

noa
06-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I would love to see us give the ball to Priest when we are inside the 5 yard line. LJ ought to be scoring TDs from 10 yards out (at least) on a regular basis, so he can build up his stats while still allowing Priest to have runs inside the 5 yard line. If we play him in this way, I think Priest can still be the best goal line RB in the league.

stevieray
06-06-2006, 10:19 PM
There are no guarantees, that said, I'll be the last person here to understimate Priest Holmes, regardless of injury.

alanm
06-06-2006, 10:24 PM
If you had to choose between LJ getting 2000 or LJ getting 1000 and Preist getting 1000, what would you choose? Personally, I'd love to see the latter, as LJ will be more fresh for our playoff games/Super Bowl.
Who do you want to see inside the 5 yrd line? No question if he's cleared to play that Priest is a beast down along the goal line.

Demonpenz
06-06-2006, 11:00 PM
maybe he can he can give some insight to LJ on how to block Fujita

noa
06-06-2006, 11:05 PM

No sh*t dude, that was the turning point of our season. Its also something that's been largely overlooked in the LJ hype. If he can't block, then we won't leave him in on passing downs. If teams see that we take him out of the game, they know we're going to pass. Its called a syllogism (and I like that word!).

chiefsfan1963
06-07-2006, 12:49 AM
you never know. LJ could get injured this season and PH could come in and same Chiefs season.

alanm
06-07-2006, 12:57 AM
I'd imagine that if Priest is on the field we could see a lot of 2 back sets with Priest playing fullback. :hmmm:

Spicy McHaggis
06-07-2006, 02:02 AM
No sh*t dude, that was the turning point of our season. Its also something that's been largely overlooked in the LJ hype.

Whitlock wrote his senior thesis on how LJ can't block.

morphius
06-07-2006, 07:05 AM
I don't know about that, RB isn't like the QB spot. As long as the OL does it job out there blocking, it doesn't matter.

The RB is very important, but he isn't the leader on the field.

htismaqe
06-07-2006, 07:33 AM
No sh*t dude, that was the turning point of our season. Its also something that's been largely overlooked in the LJ hype. If he can't block, then we won't leave him in on passing downs. If teams see that we take him out of the game, they know we're going to pass. Its called a syllogism (and I like that word!).

Yeah, lord knows Priest never missed a block.

Lzen
06-07-2006, 07:41 AM
No sh*t dude, that was the turning point of our season.

I don't know if I would call it the turning point of our season. But I would definitely say it was the turning point of that game. :shake:

Of course, that doesn't mean that LJ won't work hard to get better at pass blocking.

Lzen
06-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Yeah, lord knows Priest never missed a block.

Heh, no. But can you name a block that Priest missed as badly or at as crucial a time as that one? I can't. No player is perfect and they all make mistakes. However....

Priest = very good blocker
LJ = not terrible blocker, but not real good yet

Coogs
06-07-2006, 08:09 AM
No sh*t dude, that was the turning point of our season.

Saunders should have called a run anyway. :)

Thig Lyfe
06-07-2006, 08:31 AM
I think Scott McClellan certainly has a shot at being Priest's publicist.

htismaqe
06-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Heh, no. But can you name a block that Priest missed as badly or at as crucial a time as that one? I can't. No player is perfect and they all make mistakes. However....

Priest = 10-year vet with several full seasons as a starter.

InChiefsHell
06-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Saunders should have called a run anyway. :)

I mean, they took Dunn and TRich out on that play...leaving LJ to do what he just ain't that good at...

...I blame DV :) Or Saunders, whatever...

dtebbe
06-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Whitlock wrote his senior thesis on how LJ can't block.

Yes, and his solution to the problem was to have Jeff George come in as QB.

DT

Inspector
06-07-2006, 10:47 AM

I heard on the radio a few weeks ago, that LJ stated that he wanted to get really good at blocking. Maybe he was just trying to say the "right" thing, but I'm thinking that the guy really wants to be at the top in all phases of the game.

I also think that humans are nothing more than the cross breeding of aliens and a variety of chimps, monkeys and apes. So I don't put much stock into anything I think.

StcChief
06-07-2006, 10:47 AM
That Dallas Game still pisses me off.

What was DV/Saunders smokin' before half time. 10-14 pt swing.
We gave away the game. Leave LJ in as a decoy and to block...
Give him the ball with TRich infront 1:30 to go.

CupidStunt
06-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Heh, no. But can you name a block that Priest missed as badly or at as crucial a time as that one? I can't.

Can you name a situation where Saunders passed the ball on that down from that distance when Priest was in the game? I can't.

He always got the opportunity to get the glory, and often succeeded. Though LJ did the same, he didn't get the same kind of opportunity. No, instead he was asked to block a wreckless blitzing linebacker inside the opponents' 10-yard line.

Lzen
06-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Priest = 10-year vet with several full seasons as a starter.

I realize that. Did you read my previous post? I'm cutting LJ some slack because he is still young and still learning. I believe he will get better at blocking.

Chiefnj
06-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Can you name a situation where Saunders passed the ball on that down from that distance when Priest was in the game? I can't.

You don't think Saunders ever called for a pass play on 2nd and long from inside the 10 in all the years Priest was in the backfield?

Lzen
06-07-2006, 11:11 AM

He always got the opportunity to get the glory, and often succeeded. Though LJ did the same, he didn't get the same kind of opportunity. No, instead he was asked to block a wreckless blitzing linebacker inside the opponents' 10-yard line.

Well, I can't recall Saunders ever passing a ball. :D

Ok, seriously, the Seattle game in 2002 comes to mind. But I don't recall the exact down and distance or score situation.

Look, LJ missed the block, period. Don't make excuses for him. Don't get me wrong, I definitely think LJ is our workhorse back and should be in there at all times unless he's tired. But that missed block illustrates the point that LJ needs to improve his blocking.

As for Priest, he has been in several situations like that through the years and he gets his block most of the time.

And I was bitching about Saunders calling that play. As good as AS was as the Chiefs OC, he still would try to get too cute sometimes. That time, it cost the Chiefs a game.

alanm
06-07-2006, 11:16 AM
The Carolina game a couple of yrs back when Green was throwing to TG and it was intercepted and ran back for a TD. That play changed that game around and we lost. :banghead:

Fruit Ninja
06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
The Carolina game a couple of yrs back when Green was throwing to TG and it was intercepted and ran back for a TD. That play changed that game around and we lost. :banghead:Wasnt that the Texans game?
Also, the year before they did the exact same play that worked for 6. This time Coleman said he knew it was comming when he recognized the same formation, so he just waited for it. so, the end result Pic-6 from 100plus yards.

Calcountry
06-07-2006, 01:04 PM
"You don't want to take on the entire NFL by yourself" in regards to LJ starting.If he comes back, don't think that LJ isn't going to play lights out to keep Priests PT limited, YES!!!11

Thanks for keeping the fire lit underneath LJ's hip hop attitudinal ass.

Calcountry
06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
I don't know if I would call it the turning point of our season. But I would definitely say it was the turning point of that game. :shake:

Of course, that doesn't mean that LJ won't work hard to get better at pass blocking.Just think, If LJ makes that block, the Steelers don't win the Super Bowl.

Frankie
06-07-2006, 01:46 PM
And Trent getting 4,000. ;)

InChiefsHell
06-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Just think, If LJ makes that block, the Steelers don't win the Super Bowl.

Dammit LJ!! :cuss: