PDA

View Full Version : Wow: Matt Lauer absolutely kicks the ever-loving crap out of Anne Coulter...

jAZ
06-06-2006, 11:37 PM
I lost count of the number of times she was utterly speechless when faced with someone other than Sean Hannity stroking her ego.

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Today-Coulter-Widows.wmv

go bowe
06-07-2006, 12:59 AM
haven't ever seen her so uncomposed (is that even a word?)...

she didn't even have her shriek on...

it was fun to see her sputter and flame out...

she looked haggard and lost part of the time...

pooooor baby...

Taco John
06-07-2006, 01:01 AM
What's up with the cocktail dress? Doesn't she know that she can show her legs and look halfway professional while doing it?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-07-2006, 01:32 AM
It just shows how much of an empty dress she really is. Nothing but a figurehead who was elevated to her position because of her irrational hatred of Clinton. She's a complete moron.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-07-2006, 01:35 AM
Her chastizement of the 9/11 widows is just f*cking sick. How could anyone give her the bully pulpit after that.

Ultra Peanut
06-07-2006, 04:19 AM
Matt, Matt, Matt... you're glib.

Radar Chief
06-07-2006, 07:53 AM
:spock: Who? :shrug:

DanT
06-07-2006, 08:21 AM
:spock: Who? :shrug:

I haven't seen the video, but I think they're talking about the cohost of the Today Show, the dude that used to work with Katie Couric.

Radar Chief
06-07-2006, 09:32 AM
I haven't seen the video, but I think they're talking about the cohost of the Today Show, the dude that used to work with Katie Couric.

I was referring to the blonde bulimia patient, but it was meant as a joke as in “who cares ‘bout Ann Coulter.”
Yea, I know, not that funny. :sulk:

PunkinDrublic
06-07-2006, 10:10 AM
What amazes me is how often the "liberal" media gives her an open forum to spew her bullshit.

Taco John
06-07-2006, 11:08 AM
What amazes me is how often the "liberal" media gives her an open forum to spew her bullshit.

Well... It could be argued successfully that the only reason they do it is to paint the conservative side as hateful and crazy. She's certainly an extremist. I don't personally know any Republicans who find her anything but a disgrace to their cause.

jAZ
06-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Well... It could be argued successfully that the only reason they do it is to paint the conservative side as hateful and crazy. She's certainly an extremist. I don't personally know any Republicans who find her anything but a disgrace to their cause.
Over the years, then have been many instances of conservatives supporting her and her views on this very board. Certainly people aren't buying her books because they despise her or her views. Point being that there are plenty of supporters out there.

But your point is correct that there is an arguement to be made that she is on TV to make Republicans look bad. That's not why Fox News does it, but it's a possible arguement.

patteeu
06-07-2006, 11:24 AM
I like Ann Coulter. I find her entertaining in the same way I'd imagine left wingers might find Al Franken entertaining. I don't blame those who find her offensive, but I think she can be hilarious and I don't really care if you think less of me for it.

patteeu
06-07-2006, 11:31 AM
jAZ, as usual, I think your thread title is divorced from reality. I happened to have access to broadband this morning so I watched the video and it didn't look like Lauer touched her to me. I can see describing her like go bo did because she's generally pretty quick with her responses, but to say she was "utterly speechless" just because she paused to consider her responses makes me wonder if you actually watched the video or if you are just parroting some leftwing propagandablog. I thought her answers to every Lauer question were reasonable and he never once made her retract something she'd said or contradict herself. How on earth do you get "absolutely kicks the ever-loving crap out of [her]" from that?

patteeu
06-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Her chastizement of the 9/11 widows is just f*cking sick. How could anyone give her the bully pulpit after that.

You may not like the way she made her point, but her point is worthy of being made. You and Lauer are doing exactly what she's criticising: trying to quash any criticism of the widow's by playing the sympathy/bad taste card.

BucEyedPea
06-07-2006, 11:40 AM
I like Ann Coulter. I find her entertaining in the same way I'd imagine left wingers might find Al Franken entertaining. I don't blame those who find her offensive, but I think she can be hilarious and I don't really care if you think less of me for it.

Why men tend to vote Republican or right-wing:
http://inadmissibleevidence.typepad.com/inadmissible_evidence/images/republican.jpg

Tee! Hee!
ROFL ROFL

patteeu
06-07-2006, 11:45 AM

Tee! Hee!
ROFL ROFL

ROFL That's a priceless picture of Hilary.

Radar Chief
06-07-2006, 11:52 AM
http://inadmissibleevidence.typepad.com/inadmissible_evidence/images/republican.jpg

Tee! Hee!
ROFL ROFL

That one of Peggy Noonan looks like a “Glamour Shot”. What, did they take it at Wal-Mart or something? ;)

Radar Chief
06-07-2006, 11:59 AM

Mrs. Radar went to Tulsa Airport one time to pick up her mom and called me to let me know they were on their way home when out of no where several black SUV’s block all entrances / exits. MIB’s jump out and clear the terminal they’re in front of then a black limo pulls up, Janet Reno hops out and my wife says to me, and this is an exact quote, “Holly Chit it’s Janet Reno. Man, she’s a big ole bull dike.” ROFL

Mr. Kotter
06-07-2006, 12:17 PM

I enjoy her at times, as well. I think the Al Franken analogy is pretty good too. There are numerous people, on the left and the right, who get paid to be outrageous.....and she's done pretty well for herself as far as I can tell. I think jAZ is just jealous he can't get a paying gig like she did, because he sure mimics her around here--only from the left. ;)

She wasn't up to her usual standards with Matt here, to be sure. On the other hand, I certainly didn't see her in any way totally embarrassing herself either. Her pauses, were not even close to utterly speechless. I know it's hard for some to believe, but thinking before speaking isn't a bad idea....and she had plenty to say (hardly speechless.)

Mr. Kotter
06-07-2006, 12:20 PM
jAZ, as usual, I think your thread title is divorced from reality. I happened to have access to broadband this morning so I watched the video and it didn't look like Lauer touched her to me. I can see describing her like go bo did because she's generally pretty quick with her responses, but to say she was "utterly speechless" just because she paused to consider her responses makes me wonder if you actually watched the video or if you are just parroting some leftwing propagandablog. I thought her answers to every Lauer question were reasonable and he never once made her retract something she'd said or contradict herself. How on earth do you get "absolutely kicks the ever-loving crap out of [her]" from that?
Yeah....only in jAZ's strange little world could he describe the interview the way he does....:rolleyes:

Eye Patch
06-07-2006, 12:25 PM
I remember James Carville while working for Clinton as part of the white house staff.. and not some talking head pundit like Coulter, use to insult all the women who were claiming sexual harassment from Clinton.

Something like you could roll a dollar down the trailer park and watch Paula Jones come running to fetch it…. tramp... etc.

Actually I think the line was funny… but insulting nonetheless,
since Clinton did sexually harass her and several other women.

I wonder where NOW was at the time.

BucEyedPea
06-07-2006, 12:58 PM
... Janet Reno hops out and my wife says to me, and this is an exact quote, “Holly Chit it’s Janet Reno. Man, she’s a big ole bull dike.” ROFL
Yeah, I saw her up at the Tallahasee State house in 2000 when I drove up there to try to get a certain bill passed.

chagrin
06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Something like you could roll a dollar down the trailer park and watch Paula Jones come running to fetch it…. tramp... etc.

Actually I think the line was funny… but insulting nonetheless,
since Clinton did sexually harass her and several other women.

I wonder where NOW was at the time.

I used that line against my dad's 2nd wife, during their divorce "trial", except I said that you could drag a Hundred dollar bill through a trailer park and you'll never know what ya pick up.

She was about as classy as Hillary, Paula Jones, etc

Baby Lee
06-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Mrs. Radar went to Tulsa Airport one time to pick up her mom and called me to let me know they were on their way home when out of no where several black SUV’s block all entrances / exits. MIB’s jump out and clear the terminal they’re in front of then a black limo pulls up, Janet Reno hops out and my wife says to me, and this is an exact quote, “Holly Chit it’s Janet Reno. Man, she’s a big ole bull dike.” ROFL
I think one of the most enduring chuckles of all the years of watching The Daily Show was when Craig Kilborne addressed her as 'Menopausal Wookie Janet Reno" in a story.

jspchief
06-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Coulter's point on the 9/11 widows manifests itself in that interview.

I think the way she made her point in the book lacks some compassion, but what she's saying is true. And there are some 9/11 widows that seem to be soaking up the "celebrity" aspect of the situation they've been thrust into.

memyselfI
06-07-2006, 01:58 PM
I guess that ole Ann, or JSP for that matter, has never heard of Lisa Beamer. Every damn thing she said about the widows of 9/11 (the ones she disapproves of) Lisa Beamer did FIRST...

except oppose Bush. :hmmm:

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis," Coulter writes.

"And by the way, how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy. . .

I think the way she made her point in the book lacks some compassion, but what she's saying is true. And there are some 9/11 widows that seem to be soaking up the "celebrity" aspect of the situation they've been thrust into.

BucEyedPea
06-07-2006, 02:35 PM
If that's what AC said I think it's worse than uncompassionate—it's disgusting.
Some things should never be said...even if true but especially like that imo.

Radar Chief
06-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I think one of the most enduring chuckles of all the years of watching The Daily Show was when Craig Kilborne addressed her as 'Menopausal Wookie Janet Reno" in a story.

:LOL: The Daily Show has never been the same since he left.

RaiderH8r
06-07-2006, 02:52 PM
That was the first time she realized she had a bigger dick than her husband.

And Helen Thomas looks like a sack full of smashed assholes. No wonder she does print instead of tv. That broad's got a face for radio.

Frankie
06-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Never mind this post. I'm just marking my territory here so I can get an e-mail reminder to watch this at home. Can't wait. :holdman:

jettio
06-07-2006, 04:52 PM

Tee! Hee!
ROFL ROFL

None of those GOP women displayed have ever been elected for anything, not even assistant park ranger. The only one to hold any kind of administrative job is Noonan as a speech-writer for chrissakes. You have two actresses that are not known for anything they have ever said or done regarding politics.

All of the rest of them are nags that run their mouth all of the time and who would not intend to give any regular person the time of day unless it was for money.

Baby Lee
06-07-2006, 05:00 PM
None of those GOP women displayed have ever been elected for anything, not even assistant park ranger. The only one to hold any kind of administrative job is Noonan as a speech-writer for chrissakes. You have two actresses that are not known for anything they have ever said or done regarding politics.

All of the rest of them are nags that run their mouth all of the time and who would not intend to give any regular person the time of day unless it was for money.
Does 'Tee Hee' have a dictionary entry?
Can someone forward it to jettio?

jAZ
06-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Sadly, Madeline Albright is the best looking women in any of the Dem photos.

Frankie
06-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Franken is a talented comedian with a chip on his shoulder. Coulter's comedy is accidental.

BucEyedPea
06-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Sadly, Madeline Albright is the best looking women in any of the Dem photos.

Hillary I think has a pretty face,when she was younger. When she first got into the WH, and the professionals lightened her hair, changed her wardrobe and makeup...I'd say her face is pretty and feminine. She's just aging now.

Taco John
06-07-2006, 10:01 PM
So which group does Angelina Jolie fit into?

penchief
06-08-2006, 12:26 AM
She thought ML was going to help her pimp her new book but instead she got a "current events" pop quiz which exposed her for the absolute phony that she is.

IMHO, comparing her to Al Franken is not a good comparison. Franken is reasoned, intelligent, and witty. Coulter is shrill, narrow-minded, and crude.

Spewing hatred is her schtick. Attacking the character and integrity of total strangers is how she gets rich. Slander and bias are the tools of her trade. I don't know how anyone truly believes she has anything positive to contribute to society.

Taco John
06-08-2006, 12:36 AM
I don't get the Al Franken comparison either. I've listened to Al's show, and while he is definitely liberal in his viewpoints, he makes an honest effort to contrast those against the many guests that he brings on his show of all types of political backgrounds.

Yeah, when he gets is buttons pushed by the Oreilly's or Limbaughs of the world, he'll get a little mean spirited. But for the most part, from what I've heard, he approaches his show with an ear towards contrast.

patteeu
06-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Franken is a talented comedian with a chip on his shoulder. Coulter's comedy is accidental.

I think they are both clever and funny. I don't think you are able to see past your partisanship.

patteeu
06-08-2006, 12:41 AM
She thought ML was going to help her pimp her new book but instead she got a "current events" pop quiz which exposed her for the absolute phony that she is.

IMHO, comparing her to Al Franken is not a good comparison. Franken is reasoned, intelligent, and witty. Coulter is shrill, narrow-minded, and crude.

Spewing hatred is her schtick. Attacking the character and integrity of total strangers is how she gets rich. Slander and bias are the tools of her trade. I don't know how anyone truly believes she has anything positive to contribute to society.

Yes, what was I thinking. RL is a big fat liar = reasoned, intelligent, and witty. :rolleyes:

patteeu
06-08-2006, 12:49 AM
I don't get the Al Franken comparison either. I've listened to Al's show, and while he is definitely liberal in his viewpoints, he makes an honest effort to contrast those against the many guests that he brings on his show of all types of political backgrounds.

Yeah, when he gets is buttons pushed by the Oreilly's or Limbaughs of the world, he'll get a little mean spirited. But for the most part, from what I've heard, he approaches his show with an ear towards contrast.

I've never heard his show. I've only been exposed to him through guest appearances, a few written transcripts of his statements, one of his books, and, of course, his SNL stuff. I remember thinking "The Al Franken" decade was one of the funniest things I'd heard at that point in my life. Probably before your time though as it was a recurring skit he did on SNL's weekend update as the 1980's began. I'd imagine it wouldn't seem as funny as I remember it if I saw it again though.

unlurking
06-08-2006, 12:53 AM
I think they are both clever and funny. I don't think you are able to see past your partisanship.
I don't like Al Franken (don't agree with much of his views), but I cannot stand Ann Coulter. From the interviews I've seen/heard from her, she never does anything but trash talk liberals. I don't mind a little bitching, but try and throw something constructive in. She also has such a "screachy" voice when she really gets going that I wanna smack her to get her to shut up.

About the only political propagandist I hate more is that Randy Rhodes on Air America. Now that I think of it, she is a much better comparison to Ann than Al. Al isn't half the wingnut these two women are.

penchief
06-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Yes, what was I thinking. RL is a big fat liar = reasoned, intelligent, and witty. :rolleyes:

I doubt you understand the irony of someone calling Rush Limbaugh childish names. It was, in fact, a barb at the tactics employed by people like Rush.

Boozer
06-08-2006, 01:10 AM
I've never heard his show. I've only been exposed to him through guest appearances, a few written transcripts of his statements, one of his books, and, of course, his SNL stuff. I remember thinking "The Al Franken" decade was one of the funniest things I'd heard at that point in my life. Probably before your time though as it was a recurring skit he did on SNL's weekend update as the 1980's began. I'd imagine it wouldn't seem as funny as I remember it if I saw it again though.

The "Al Franken Decade" bit first appeared in 1979. It was resurrected in 1989 and 1999.

Eventually, he'll be right. We're still waiting.

Mr. Kotter
06-08-2006, 08:18 AM
..... Franken is reasoned, intelligent, and witty. Coulter is shrill, narrow-minded, and crude....

Of course.... ROFL

For the fair minded among us, your label of Franken is a reasonable one to be applied to Coulter (by supporters, and ideological soulmates,) and your label of Coulter is a reasonable one to be applied to Franken (by supporters, and ideological soulmates.)

unlurking
06-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Of course.... ROFL

For the fair minded among us, your label of Franken is a reasonable one to be applied to Coulter (by supporters, and ideological soulmates,) and your label of Coulter is a reasonable one to be applied to Franken (by supporters, and ideological soulmates.)
How 'bout this label for both of them...

whiny propagandist shills

;)

Mr. Kotter
06-08-2006, 08:34 AM
How 'bout this label for both of them...

whiny propagandist shills

;)

The reasonable among us can certainly agree to that. :toast:

banyon
06-08-2006, 10:11 AM
I just watched this garbage for the first time.

So her theory of political participation is that it should only be done by disinterested parties? That's just downright silly.

Does this mean that veterans can't speak out for or against the war or that Bush shouldn't appear in front of the troops?

penchief
06-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Of course.... ROFL

You're missing the point. Their tact and their methods are so opposite that they can't be lumped together. It's so easy for someone to say, "I know you are but what am I." It's the easy way out to proclaim them as cut from the same cloth without really caring if their is a difference.

I'm sure there are plenty of left-wing Anne Coulter's out there but Al Franken isn't one of them. For those who actually pay attention the difference is obvious.

picasso
06-08-2006, 02:47 PM

Winner! :shake:

banyon
06-08-2006, 02:54 PM
When I heard on cable television what Ann Coulter wrote and said about the widows of 9/11, my first reaction was pretty much unprintable. I have no apologies for it. Did this woman ever for a second stop and think that these womens' children might be watching TV and have to listen to her venomous words?

So much for family values.

Then I thought: grotesque as it is, this is her attempt to be provocative -- infamy's its own kind of fame -- to get her mug on TV and sell books. Coulter is counting on this "controversy" to get her ink and sell her angry harangue of a book.

Which is why we owe all the 9/11 families Ann Coulter slandered so much more than just outrage.

We owe them thanks. Lorie Van Auken, Mindy Kleinberg, Patty Casazza, Kristen Breitweiser, and Monica Gabrielle -- and others -- provided an incredible service to each of us. And we also owe it to them to put the focus where they originally put it when, in the middle of their grieving, they stood up to demand answers and action from a government that invoked their husbands' memories for political reason but then wiped them away when the real work of fighting terror and providing homeland security got to be too tough and less ideologically attractive compared to a sideshow disaster in Iraq.

These women weren't and still aren't "in politics." Many voted for George Bush in 2000, some voted for me in 2004 and I was proud to have their support. They're independent-minded, they're their own people. They take homeland security more personally than many Members of Congress -- and they take it more seriously. These are women whose sole mission is to make our country as safe as it can and should be -- so the same thing that happened to their husbands will never happen to someone else's, or to their children. Think about what they accomplished -- bottom line: We would not have had the 9/11 Commission and their recommendations to make America safer without these brave women.

The tragedy of this whole thing goes far beyond what Coulter said -- it's that everything these women have been fighting for since September 11, 2001, still is not done. Countless recommendations made by the 9/11 Commission still aren't implemented. First President Bush resisted the creation of the 9/11 Commission, then he put up road blocks to its investigation, and still today he has failed to implement all its recommendations. We don't have the port security the 9/11 Commission said we need. We don't have the border security the 9/11 Commission said we need. And Osama bin Laden remains on the loose -- while we've got 132,000 troops bogged down in Iraq who should be hunting down this mass murderer.

I think about these survivors of 9/11 -- tough determined women -- and I kick myself above all that our country hasn't done the things they fought for. They could've gone off quietly, tried to put their lives back together, and who would have blamed them. But they didn't, they pressed on -- and Ann Coulter's shrill attacks only add insult to government incompetence.

Want to really irk Ann Coulter and at the same time help take these womens' brave fight a little closer to victory?

Get on the phone to any television program that has Ann Coulter on, and demand they press her not on her callous attacks, but on which recommendations of the 9/11 Commission she thinks should be forgotten. Which ports does she think should be left unsecured. Make the 9/11 widows' issues follow this fool everywhere she goes.

And take Peter Daou's cue -- he's got a very smart take on this: make the Republicans who think Coulter's so witty own her repellant words. Read what Peter wrote at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-daou/tim-russert-will-you-ask_b_22447.html Make her a liability -- and test whether the GOP is ashamed of Ann Coulter, or just embarassed by her.

But above all, don't forget what these strong, tough women of 9/11 have done for all of us. They've got more class and grit and character than Ann Coulter will ever know

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-08-2006, 02:54 PM

Divorced from reality?? For someone who is such a 'fan' of Coulter, perhaps you should have realized that her awkward pauses were far out of character from what she normally does whenever he pimps her hate-fueled vitriol on national TV and/or radio. I hate Coulter, and there were points in the interview where I felt physically uncomfortable, not for anything that was being said, but rather because it was so obvious that she knew nothing of which she spoke and was completely embarrassing herself. How could someone who professes to be a political expert honestly believe that immigration is the reason why Bush's poll numbers are in the low thirties?? That is beyond preposterous. The fact that she had no answer for the gay marriage baiting and the fact that Republicans treat their base like the idiots that they are only further illustrates the point at hand--that she is a completely vapid talking head. I'm sorry but I have no respect for someone who claims to be such a learned expert on such matters and cannot come up with elementary responses to the obvious cause and effect nature of the basic questions that Lauer was asking her. Any one of us on this board could have mentioned multiple reasons why Bush's poll numbers are in the tank, and she takes 30 seconds to come up with immigration?? Give me a f*cking break.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-08-2006, 03:00 PM
You may not like the way she made her point, but her point is worthy of being made. You and Lauer are doing exactly what she's criticising: trying to quash any criticism of the widow's by playing the sympathy/bad taste card.

She has no point. She's personally attacking the people making the point (a classic GOP strategy a la Oxycontin Limbaugh) rather than analyzing why they might feel the need to make their point and what she feels that the flaws are in it. But let me get this straight...it's ok to question the motives of widows who actually lost spouses in these attacks because they may have a political agenda (rather than a desire to see that their spouses' memories aren't shit upon) but it's counterproductive to question a war effort that has no connection to these attacks even though it was promulgated in their name??

Baby Lee
06-08-2006, 03:46 PM
How could someone who professes to be a political expert honestly believe that immigration is the reason why Bush's poll numbers are in the low thirties??
With the exception of Logical, people who previously supported Bush, but have backed off their support in recent weeks aren't having mass epiphanies and suddenly agreeing with you. They're saying "I was supporting this guy who said he'd stand up to the opposition, then he nominates Harriet Miers without knowing her pro-life bona fides, and he's positively progressive on immigration.
Do you actually think that 20 percent who've softened in their support are now itching to go out and march with Cindy Sheehan?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-08-2006, 04:15 PM
With the exception of Logical, people who previously supported Bush, but have backed off their support in recent weeks aren't having mass epiphanies and suddenly agreeing with you. They're saying "I was supporting this guy who said he'd stand up to the opposition, then he nominates Harriet Miers without knowing her pro-life bona fides, and he's positively progressive on immigration.
Do you actually think that 20 percent who've softened in their support are now itching to go out and march with Cindy Sheehan?

Are you that impossibly dense? Certainly the war has absolutely nothing to do with it, huh??

Chiefnj
06-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Are you that impossibly dense? Certainly the war has absolutely nothing to do with it, huh??

You really think people who were duped into believing this administrations BS about Iraq and going to war in Iraq suddenly had a lightbulb go off and said "well I'll be ... I bought it hook line and sinker, I guess George isn't that great of a man after all."? They aren't that smart.

banyon
06-08-2006, 04:37 PM

The poll correlation between the president's approval rating and support for the war is virtually a direct relationship.

penchief
06-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Of course.... ROFL

So you're calling yourself fair-minded? And those who don't believe that Franken is the same as Coulter are not fair-minded? It seems to me that any fair-minded person would not deal in absolutes. Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Any fair minded person could listen to 30 seconds of either one and know that there is a world of difference in their tact. Why can't you? Is it because you haven't actually listened to Franken or is it because it's chic to counter a claim with the "pot-kettle" anology without any real basis in fact?

Have you actually listened to Al Franken?

Mr. Kotter
06-08-2006, 05:27 PM
... Any fair minded person could listen to 30 seconds of either one and know that there is a world of difference in their tact. Why can't you? Is it because you haven't actually listened to Franken or is it because it's chic to counter a claim with the "pot-kettle" anology without any real basis in fact?

Have you actually listened to Al Franken?

I've wasted much more time reading posts from whiney liberals, and watched and/or listened to far more of Franken's "commentary" than I need to satisfy myself in either case.

Without any real basis in fact? Open your eyes, sir. :rolleyes:

penchief
06-08-2006, 05:35 PM
I've wasted much more time reading posts from whiney liberals, and watched and/or listened to far more of Franken's "commentary" than I need to satisfy myself in either case.

Without any real basis in fact? Open your eyes, sir. :rolleyes:

So you are telling me that you've listened to Al Franken enough to say that he is the same creature as Ann Coulter? If that is the case, it is you who needs to open your eyes, not me.

Either you are blind or you are trying to influence those who have not had the opportunity to listen to both and compare for themselves.

Comparing Franken to Coulter would be akin to comparing George Will to Michael Moore. Before you get in a huff I'm not comparing Franken to Will, whom I respect as a true conservative and has had years in politics. I am comparing the gulf between Will and Moore to the gulf between Franken and Coulter. They are such polar opposites it is beyond me how anyone can even compare them other than for the purpose of trying to deflect or cloud the truth.

Mr. Kotter
06-08-2006, 05:38 PM
So you are telling me that you've listened to Al Franken enough to say that he is the same creature as Ann Coulter? If that is the case, it is you who needs to open your eyes, not me.

Either you are blind or you are trying to influence those who have not had the opportunity to listen to both and compare for themselves.

Comparing Franken to Coulter would be akin to comparing George Will to Michael Moore. Before you get in a huff I'm not comparing Franken to Will, whom I respect as a true conservative and has had years in politics. I am comparing the gulf between Will and Moore to the gulf between Franken and Coulter. They are such polar opposites it is beyond me how anyone can even compare them other than for the purpose of trying to deflect or cloud the truth.

George Will? You gotta be kiddin' me? The 'gulf' between one demagogue and another--the only real difference being their political ideology? :spock:

ROFLROFLROFL

penchief
06-08-2006, 05:53 PM
George Will? You gotta be kiddin' me? The 'gulf' between one demagogue and another--the only real difference being their political ideology? :spock:

ROFLROFLROFL

See, you're not paying attention. You keep dealing in absolutes. Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Cheneyburton deals in absolutes. And so do you.

The difference between Franken and Coulter is huge. For you to not see this only undermines your own self-proclaimed fair-mindedness. I can only assume that you are trying to trivialize the difference for political purposes.

If you want to compare Ann Coulter to Michael Moore, I have no problem with that. But you're reaching on the Franken comparison and I'm not sure why. Are you afraid of Al Franken?

banyon
06-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Kotter is a Sith Lord?

...well this explains everything.

penchief
06-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Kotter is a Sith Lord?

...well this explains everything.

Cheney is Sith Lord, Kotter is his young apprentice.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-08-2006, 09:20 PM
The poll correlation between the president's approval rating and support for the war is virtually a direct relationship.

Thank you very much sir. One more point for the good guys.

unlurking
06-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Cheney is Sith Lord, Kotter is his young apprentice.
Yes, but has he killed any "younglings" yet? There may still be time to save him.

:D

alanm
06-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Wow: Matt Lauer absolutely kicks the ever-loving crap out of Anne Coulter.
Coulter would mop the floor with that little metro sexual, turned in his man card long ago, nuts in his co-workers purses panty waist. ROFL

wazu
06-08-2006, 11:48 PM
I don't mind if people want to listen to Coulter because of her political views, but she is not the least bit funny or attactive. I really wish she would stop getting credit for being either.

Pitt Gorilla
06-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Wow, I didn't think it was possible for Matt to own anyone. However, he got her. She dug herself a hole on the 9/11 victims and Matt called her on it.

patteeu
06-09-2006, 07:04 AM
For someone who is such a 'fan' of Coulter, perhaps you should have realized that her awkward pauses were far out of character from what she normally does whenever he pimps her hate-fueled vitriol on national TV and/or radio.

For someone who reads as much as you do, I would think that you would have recognized that I acknowledged that her pauses were uncharacteristic when I wrote:

I can see describing her like go bo did because she's generally pretty quick with her responses....

That's still a far cry from "utterly speechless."

patteeu
06-09-2006, 07:18 AM
She has no point. She's personally attacking the people making the point (a classic GOP strategy a la Oxycontin Limbaugh) rather than analyzing why they might feel the need to make their point and what she feels that the flaws are in it. But let me get this straight...it's ok to question the motives of widows who actually lost spouses in these attacks because they may have a political agenda (rather than a desire to see that their spouses' memories aren't shit upon) but it's counterproductive to question a war effort that has no connection to these attacks even though it was promulgated in their name??

I haven't read her book, but my understanding is that it is about how liberal othodoxy is similar to an intolerant religion rather than a critique of liberal policy. While there is nothing wrong with a group of widows speaking their mind on a topic that is near and dear to their hearts, losing your husband doesn't make you a counterterrorism expert. Those women were used by demagogues precisely because it is hard to criticize them because of the sympathy that their tragedies generate and because of the emotion that they can bring to the table. Coulter is addressing that point not the policy issues raised by these women.

I can understand that her over-the-top, taboo-breaking criticisms of these women-as-policy-advocate-pawns can offend some people. I can't understand how it offends people who regularly compare George Bush to a monkey (or to Hitler) or people who say the most vile things about religous conservatives. I think you (and many other Coulter critics in this forum) fall into the category of people who have no room to talk about maintaining good taste in political debate.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-09-2006, 05:24 PM
I haven't read her book, but my understanding is that it is about how liberal othodoxy is similar to an intolerant religion rather than a critique of liberal policy. While there is nothing wrong with a group of widows speaking their mind on a topic that is near and dear to their hearts, losing your husband doesn't make you a counterterrorism expert. Those women were used by demagogues precisely because it is hard to criticize them because of the sympathy that their tragedies generate and because of the emotion that they can bring to the table. Coulter is addressing that point not the policy issues raised by these women.

I can understand that her over-the-top, taboo-breaking criticisms of these women-as-policy-advocate-pawns can offend some people. I can't understand how it offends people who regularly compare George Bush to a monkey (or to Hitler) or people who say the most vile things about religous conservatives. I think you (and many other Coulter critics in this forum) fall into the category of people who have no room to talk about maintaining good taste in political debate.

"Kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity"--Ann Coulter

And she is the one who is espousing what intolerant religious views are :hmmm:

Lurch
06-10-2006, 03:26 AM
"Kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity"--Ann Coulter

And she is the one who is espousing what intolerant religious views are :hmmm:

I'm sure we can trust that your paraphrasing of Ann's message is truly accurate. :rolleyes:

DanT
06-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Here's the National Review Online column by Ann Coulter that appeared just two days after 9/11:

http://www.nationalreview.com/coulter/coulter.shtml

She presents a nice tribute to Barbara Olson, who was murdered by the terrorists on 9/11, and then presents some of her thoughts about
how to deal with "the murderous cult" in our midst. The final paragraph became rather famous. It is shown here in an excerpt from the column:

The nation has been invaded by a fanatical, murderous cult. And we welcome them. We are so good and so pure we would never engage in discriminatory racial or "religious" profiling.

People who want our country destroyed live here, work for our airlines, and are submitted to the exact same airport shakedown as a lumberman from Idaho. This would be like having the Wehrmacht immigrate to America and work for our airlines during World War II. Except the Wehrmacht was not so bloodthirsty.

"All of our lives" don't need to change, as they keep prattling on TV. Every single time there is a terrorist attack — or a plane crashes because of pilot error — Americans allow their rights to be contracted for no purpose whatsoever.

The airport kabuki theater of magnetometers, asinine questions about whether passengers "packed their own bags," and the hostile, lumpen mesomorphs ripping open our luggage somehow allowed over a dozen armed hijackers to board four American planes almost simultaneously on Bloody Tuesday. (Did those fabulous security procedures stop a single hijacker anyplace in America that day?)

Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now.

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.

DanT
06-10-2006, 07:31 AM
That 13Sept2001 column turned out to be the last one that Ann Coulter contributed as a regular columnist for National Review Online. Here's what editor Jonah Goldberg published on 3Oct2001 about that column, its aftermath and the writer:

http://www.nationalreview.com/nr_comment/nr_comment100301.shtml

Bowser
06-10-2006, 10:33 AM
What's Ann's take on all this? Well, she told the Washington Post yesterday that she loves it, because she's gotten lots of great publicity. That pretty much sums Ann up.

This statement seems to be all that anyone needs to know about Ann Coulter.

go bowe
06-10-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm sure we can trust that your paraphrasing of Ann's message is truly accurate. :rolleyes:it's not paraphrasing...

note the existence of quotation marks, indicating a direct quote...

it comes from her last column at national review online, see dant's post/link...

go bowe
06-10-2006, 12:38 PM
This statement seems to be all that anyone needs to know about Ann Coulter.a shreiking witch?

a pundit that embarasses right wing publications?

a pundit? no, not really...

more like a shreiking witch...

oh wait, i said that already...

NewChief
06-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Here was an editorial that ran in our local paper about Coulter. I find it to be pretty dead on.

http://nwarktimes.com/adg/Editorial/157109/print/
ANN COULTER is a book seller. If

she were a book writer and

seriously debating the issues, she’d be out there trying to change minds. She’s not. She’s not even preaching to the choir the way she used to do. Because there may be only so much even the most devoted of choirs can stand. What she’s doing is just selling books. And she’s good at it. She’s got a trick: First give the thing a jazzy title. (Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism or, her newest, Godless: The Church of Liberalism. ) Then you play to the lowest prejudices of your readers. And bingo ! You’ve got a best seller on your hands. Even if you’ve written an apologia for Joe McCarthy, who probably did more to discredit the anti-Communist cause than the Reds he was supposed to be exposing.

At last report, Godless has already cracked the New York Times ’ best-seller list. Which proves, again, that Mencken was right when he said nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

But, hey, we don’t begrudge somebody making a buck. What a country ! Let Ann Coulter do her best Ann Coulter imitation. It may be vicious and ugly and on-target only occasionally, but it’s her schtick, and she’s entitled to sell it—the way others do idiotic sit-coms, the Da Vinci Code, and other great American rip-offs.

It’s when Ann Coulter steps way across the Taste Line, stomps all over it, and then grinds it into the dust that decent people may find themselves thrown into an involuntary shudder.

Miss Coulter was in Little Rock earlier this year, speaking at Philander Smith College. Explaining that the U. S. Supreme Court needed more conservative jurists, she “joked” about getting rid of Associate Justice John Paul Stevens:

“We need somebody to put rat poison in Justice Stevens’ creme brulee.”

What a kidder ! She’ll be here all week, folks. Try the buffet.

Her next act: Bait the survivors of September 11 th.

Honest.

In Godless, the author takes after a group of 9 / 11 widows whose politics she dislikes, concluding: “I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ deaths so much.”

In the course of puffing her own book on the Today program, she added that the women were using their grief “to make a political point.”

Hillary Clinton, who used to live around here before she became a U. S. senator from some state up north, has described Ann Coulter’s latest calculated outrage as a “vicious, meanspirited attack.”

Of course it was, Miss Hillary. It’s Ann Coulter.

There’s a difference between being funny, and being cruel and hateful. Happily, some writers understand the difference. Ann Coulter doesn’t.

When Jay Leno or David Letterman go after politicians, they’re funny. When Ann Coulter calls Katie Couric “the affable Eva Braun of morning TV,” she’s not.

P. J. O’Rourke is funny when he says: “The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn’t work, and then they get elected and prove it.”

Ann Coulter isn’t funny when she says, “My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building.”

When Miss Coulter first hit the big time, she was promoted as being the “diva of the Republican Party.” At the time, we took stock of the GOP’s various acts—Bob Dole, Newt Gingrich, Rush Limbaugh, George Will, Dick Cheney, William Buckley—and concluded that, yep, the Republican Party definitely could use a diva !

We’re starting to re-think that.

What we had in mind was another Clare Booth Luce.

Instead we got Ann Coulter.

Talk about a comedown.

banyon
06-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Even too much for Rick Santorum...of course it is an election year.

From the June 8th Broadcast Of The Michael Smerconish Program, 1210AM WPHT:

MICHAEL SMERCONISH: With regard to a certain group of 9/11 widows Ann Coulter in her new book says, ‘I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ deaths so much.’ I’m appalled by that. Are you appalled by that?
SEN. SANTORUM: Probably more then you are. I mean this is ridiculous. I mean Ann is what? Ann is someone who is out there trying to sell books and, you know appeal to a certain audience and I guess she’s doing it.

SMERCONISH: But you’re not in that audience to which she’s appealing?

SANTORUM: No, no, I don’t consider myself, I’m not a part of that audience at all that’s really on the edge as far as I’m concerned, maybe over the edge.

SMERCONISH: Yes, over the edge. I applaud you, I applaud you for saying that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/video/santorumoncoulter6806mas.mp3

|Zach|
06-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm sure we can trust that your paraphrasing of Ann's message is truly accurate. :rolleyes:

it's not paraphrasing...

note the existence of quotation marks, indicating a direct quote...

it comes from her last column at national review online, see dant's post/link...

Woops... :rolleyes: ROFL

go bowe
06-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Woops... :rolleyes: ROFLsee? that's what us old guys are supposed to do...

impart wisdom to the young...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

|Zach|
06-10-2006, 11:24 PM
see? that's what us old guys are supposed to do...

impart wisdom to the young...

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Is there going to be a quiz at the end of this thread?

go bowe
06-10-2006, 11:28 PM
no, but wtf are you doing on here at 11:30 on a saturday night?

it better be because your honey is in the kitchen fixing you a snack...

say, do you still live with that python?

|Zach|
06-10-2006, 11:31 PM
no, but wtf are you doing on here at 11:30 on a saturday night?

it better be because your honey is in the kitchen fixing you a snack...

say, do you still live with that python?
I am still settling into a new place...

I don't live with the snake anymore. I miss the guy. Ha.

go bowe
06-10-2006, 11:47 PM
that's what God made young ladies for...

they have that nesting thing and all...

NewChief
06-11-2006, 01:46 PM
ROFL

http://images.worshiptheglitch.com/EP3LettersFromHenry.swf

patteeu
06-11-2006, 04:29 PM
ROFL

ROFL Is that Henry Rollins?

NewChief
06-11-2006, 08:54 PM
ROFL Is that Henry Rollins?

Yeah. I guess he has some show on cable where he does a weekly letter from Henry.

John_Locke
06-12-2006, 05:09 PM

Funny then that Lisa Beamer is not on the list. After all she wrote the first book and tried to claim the phrase "lets roll" for herself...

oh I get it, she voted bush so she is not a harpy

Reaper16
06-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Anyone who thinks Al Franken is a good comparison to Coulter doesn't read. Period. I'm not reading this entire thread, but I'm sure numerous people have pointed out that Franken and Coulter are very, very different in how they do thier work. Even "Lying Liars..." never approaches the crazy level that any one of Ann's regular columns does.

patteeu
06-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Anyone who thinks Al Franken is a good comparison to Coulter doesn't read. Period. I'm not reading this entire thread, but I'm sure numerous people have pointed out that Franken and Coulter are very, very different in how they do thier work. Even "Lying Liars..." never approaches the crazy level that any one of Ann's regular columns does.

Why don't you go ahead and point it out. What are the differences between Al Franken and Ann Coulter?

Reaper16
06-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Why don't you go ahead and point it out. What are the differences between Al Franken and Ann Coulter?
Ann is far, far right. Al is decently far left. Judge thier work on the Insanity-O-Meter, and the difference is evident. Like I said, if you can't see the difference, clearly, then you haven't read enough of them to know either way.

memyselfI
06-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Funny then that Lisa Beamer is not on the list. After all she wrote the first book and tried to claim the phrase "lets roll" for herself...

oh I get it, she voted bush so she is not a harpy

Perhaps George Carlin or Larry King will make this point to Ann on when she's pimping her book on Leno or LKL.

Lurch
06-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Politics often blinds one to fair comparisons. He use to be more like her, than he is now. And she is more like him now, than she use to be. Both are hyperventilating hacks for their party.

Lurch
06-12-2006, 10:28 PM
ROFL

That's funny shit, right there. I don't care who you are.