PDA

View Full Version : Someone called and threatened to kill my wife about an hour ago

pr_capone
06-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Someone called my house and said to my wife "Hello.... if you hang up this phone I will kill you". She hung up.

I immediately called Cox who we have our phone service with. Unfortunately we dont have caller ID (even if we did, the number would prolle be blocked anyways). I was told to dial *57 and the number would be trapped and traced. I was then to call the police and the number would be released.

Cox is now refusing to release the phone number to the police officer until tommorow morning. In the meantime I am at home with nothing more than a baseball bat and will be up through the night (or at least sleeping lightly) waiting for some motherfu*ker to try something.

I realize that more than likely it is some punk kid making a prank call, but I'm not willing to bet my wife's life on that.

JBucc
06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Ah...I was gonna make a joke but that would be a little too mean. Just shoot anything that moves.

Mr. Kotter
06-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Weird, man. You are right, probably some prank. I think I'd be going to a hotel....at least a decent drive away....for the night, just to be sure.

Iowanian
06-07-2006, 08:55 PM
*69 the prick....

chiefs4me
06-07-2006, 08:56 PM
I agree with Kotter, stay somewhere else for the night, do you have children??

Mark M
06-07-2006, 08:57 PM
You didn't just register at a Chiefs site based in northeastern PA, did you?

Seriously, though, and not to be insulting: What is your or your wife's past? Any crazy ex-wives / husbands / girlfriends / boyfriends / etc., that would make you think it was legit?

If not, my guess it's just some punk ass who thinks he's funny.

MM
~~:eek:

wazu
06-07-2006, 08:58 PM
I suggest sharpening the bat into a poking device of some kind.

Iowanian
06-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Thats a line from the movie "phone booth".

I think someone is just effin with you man.

I suppose the "better safe that sorry" is the safest.
Nights like this, I'd simple load a shotgun and put it under the bed next to the .40 with 1 in the hopper.

Boozer
06-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Weird, man. You are right, probably some prank. I think I'd be going to a hotel....at least a decent drive away....for the night, just to be sure.

At fifty or sixty bucks, a hotel room is really cheap insurance for this situation. Just keep a good eye out on the drive over.

tk13
06-07-2006, 09:01 PM
I was about to say, are you sure leaving is a good idea? If there is someone and they're hiding outside somewhere, you're in trouble.

ChiefsFire
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
i gotta Glock .40 id be more than happy to lend out

Mr. Kotter
06-07-2006, 09:03 PM
At fifty or sixty bucks, a hotel room is really cheap insurance for this situation. Just keep a good eye out on the drive over.Yeah....I thought about that too; recommend finding a short, well-traveled, very public, and well-lighted TWO lane highway, to see if anyone follows you.:shake:

I was about to say, are you sure leaving is a good idea? If there is someone and they're hiding outside somewhere, you're in trouble.

I'd say it depends on where he lives: Lenexa type suburb, or acreage in the the middle of nowhere....:shrug:

Mr. Laz
06-07-2006, 09:04 PM
time to spend the night at a hotel or friend

Frazod
06-07-2006, 09:06 PM
It's probably bullshit.

But perhaps it's time to avail yourself of your Second Amendment rights.

BigOlChiefsfan
06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry for your troubles, good luck to you and bad luck to your prankster.

Here's some info on self defense (http://www.a-human-right.com/) for after this blows over.

wazu
06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Yeah....I thought about that too; recommend finding a short, well-traveled, very public, and well-lighted TWO lane highway, to see if anyone follows you.:shake:

Oh for the love of god, give me a break! Are you people serious? It's a prank call. And even if for some crazy reason it wasn't, did the guy say he was going to come over and do the deed tonight? WTF should they do tomorrow - move out altogether? Join the "victims of prank calls" protection program?

Iowanian
06-07-2006, 09:10 PM
QUICK!!!

Reach for that 'Home Alone' video in the shelf, and dump your children's matchbox cars in front of the doors, swing some half full paint cans onto ropes on the stairwell, heat up the back doorknob, and put the opening scene of Saving Pvt Ryan on pause on the HiFi.

When you find the name of the culprit, I suggest you encourage the Police to Neg rep them to hades.

Raiderhader
06-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah....I thought about that too; recommend finding a short, well-traveled, very public, and well-lighted TWO lane highway, to see if anyone follows you.:shake:

I'd say it depends on where he lives: Lenexa type suburb, or acreage in the the middle of nowhere....:shrug:

That would actually make it more difficult to spot a tail. The more cars you have to keep an eye on at night the harder it is to know who is doing what. During the day you can actually see the cars around you, at night, it's just headlights, and they all start looking more or less alike pretty quick.

Unless I have a gun with me, I don't think I'd be trying any not so well traveled roads how ever, and probably not even then. Why play try to spot a tail in a deserted area with loved ones involved?

Mr. Kotter
06-07-2006, 09:14 PM
That would actually make it more difficult to spot a tail. The more cars you have to keep an eye on at night the harder it is to know who is doing what. During the day you can actually see the cars around you, at night, it's just headlights, and they all start looking more or less alike pretty quick.

Unless I have a gun with me, I don't think I'd be trying any not so well traveled roads how ever, and probably not even then. Why play try to spot a tail in a deserted area with loved ones involved?

Well, I just stole some souped-up Mustang the other day.....I figure I can out run whatever. Plus it has bullet-proof glass tooo. ;)

Dunit35
06-07-2006, 09:15 PM
QUICK!!!

Reach for that 'Home Alone' video in the shelf, and dump your children's matchbox cars in front of the doors, swing some half full paint cans onto ropes on the stairwell, heat up the back doorknob, and put the opening scene of Saving Pvt Ryan on pause on the HiFi.

When you find the name of the culprit, I suggest you encourage the Police to Neg rep them to hades.

Hahaha....beat me to it.

chubychecker
06-07-2006, 09:15 PM
3 things to do tomorrow...
1. Get caller ID
2. Call Cox and get the number traced
3. Up the life insurance.

Seriously, I bet it was a joke from a friend with poor taste. That's something I know plenty about.

ChiefsFire
06-07-2006, 09:16 PM
hey pr...have you notified law enforcement??

most places will beef up patrol in your area if they are made aware of the situation...

youre golden if you live across the street from a krispy kreme

Iowanian
06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Grease up the Whiffle bat, and beat them to death....slowly.

ChiefaRoo
06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Someone called my house and said to my wife "Hello.... if you hang up this phone I will kill you". She hung up.

I immediately called Cox who we have our phone service with. Unfortunately we dont have caller ID (even if we did, the number would prolle be blocked anyways). I was told to dial *57 and the number would be trapped and traced. I was then to call the police and the number would be released.

Cox is now refusing to release the phone number to the police officer until tommorow morning. In the meantime I am at home with nothing more than a baseball bat and will be up through the night (or at least sleeping lightly) waiting for some motherfu*ker to try something.

I realize that more than likely it is some punk kid making a prank call, but I'm not willing to bet my wife's life on that.

If you hear a rattling on the back door just be careful that you don't shoot some Japanese foreign exchange student who thought he was going to an after party and doesn't speak English.

Dunit35
How many people don't have caller ID these days?

Raiderhader
Well, I just stole some souped-up Mustang the other day.....I figure I can out run whatever. Plus it has bullet-proof glass tooo. ;)

Well if you stole it, I think I'd be more concerned about the cops tailing you than some prank caller.

Actually, I think I'd stay the f#ck home and keep the car in the garage.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-07-2006, 09:21 PM
I would consider spending the night in a room that only has one access point and no windows. That way, if something goes down physically, it is bottlenecked and you can defend yourself more readily.

wazu
pr_capone hasn't responded. Do you guys think he's still alive?

ChiefsFire
one

Iowanian
In the movies.....this is where your wife goes and gets all nice and "sudsy" in the shower, and you take out the garbage, without looking behind you when the music starts.

[duh duhm........duh dumm.....duh duhm...duh dum duh dum AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!]

BucEyedPea
06-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Even if it is a prank...better safe then sorry.
Geesh! I got brass knuckled in my former Boston apt...and I dismissed what I thought I saw in some bushes.

ChiefsFire
06-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I would consider spending the night in a room that only has one access point and no windows. That way, if something goes down physically, it is bottlenecked and you can defend yourself more readily.
screw that

im not above jumpin out a window

Dunit35
06-07-2006, 09:25 PM
I bet it was Skip.

nychief
06-07-2006, 09:25 PM
sorry. my bad. I thought she was into that sorta thing.

nychief
06-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Even if it is a prank...better safe then sorry.
Geesh! I got brass knuckled in my former Boston apt...and I dismissed what I thought I saw in some bushes.

that is almost poetry.

chubychecker
06-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Anyone else wonder if pr is trying to establish a case for reasonable doubt??
:shrug:

I swear he said he was going to kill my wife so I offed him.

Raiderhader
06-07-2006, 09:27 PM
screw that

Me either, so long as it is on the first floor.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
screw that

You do realize that more windows and doors provide more ways for said offender to gain access and thereby making it harder to defend yourself? If you were going to defend a piece of land would you rather it be accessible from all sides or only via a single bridge?

Frazod

I don't - at least not on my home phone. The only reason I have a phone with a land line is because of DTV and my security system. I have absolutely no frills on that line (caller ID, call waiting, etc.), don't give the number out, and don't answer it, because the only people that call on that line are telemarketers or other assholes that want money.

A question for pr_capone - is your number listed? If not, then it is almost certainly a crank call.

Frazod
Me either, so long as it is on the first floor.

Don't worry. As light as you are, you'll float to the ground. :D

ChiefsFire
06-07-2006, 09:29 PM
You do realize that more windows and doors provide more ways for said offender to gain access and thereby making it harder to defend yourself? If you were going to defend a piece of land would you rather it be accessible from all sides or only via a single bridge?
yea

and less ways for me to scream and run from said chainsaw murderer...

chubychecker
06-07-2006, 09:29 PM
If you were going to defend a piece of land would you rather it be accessible from all sides or only via a single bridge?

I would rather be defending my land with something a little more high-powered than a baseball bat.

Raiderhader
06-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Don't worry. As light as you are, you'll float to the ground. :D

Good point.

KChiefs1
06-07-2006, 09:33 PM
prank call

tk13
06-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah, if that was me I'd be the idiot to keep the guy on the line, talk to him, then act like I was having a conversation "did you get it?"... then tell him good luck in prison and hang up.

Raiderhader
06-07-2006, 09:35 PM
I would rather be defending my land with something a little more high-powered than a baseball bat.

Damn skippy.

KChiefs1
06-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Wichita is kinda famous for murders isn't it? Is that BTK guy still loose in Wichita?

ChiefsFire
06-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Wichita is kinda famous for murders isn't it? Is that BTK guy still loose in Wichita?
i hear hes in el dorado now

Count Zarth
06-07-2006, 09:38 PM
The correct response to the caller was "If you DON'T hang up this phone, I will kill YOU!"

Boozer
06-07-2006, 09:41 PM
The correct response to the caller was "If you DON'T hang up this phone, I will kill YOU!"

In Soviet Russia, phone hangs up YOU!

ChiefaRoo
06-07-2006, 09:42 PM

Don't you watch the news?! He was caught and tried and is now sniffing his his own undies in a nice max. security jail in El Dorado.

By the way just so you know. It's 2006.

pr_capone
06-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Sorry... been away chatting with the wife.

She wants to stay home so we are staying home. I'm not really in the mood to sleep at all tonight so I guess I will be the watchdog.

I think we will be alright with me and my trusty Louisville Slugger from the 40's (her dad used it to play baseball when he was a kid). On the plus side though, we have a old dastchund that goes apeshit when anything rattles on the door so at least I have an alarm. lol

pr_capone
06-07-2006, 10:09 PM
A question for pr_capone - is your number listed? If not, then it is almost certainly a crank call.

It is a listed phone number... in the wifes name only (we just got married). I had thought of that... some sick fu*k calling because he saw a female's name.

pr_capone
06-07-2006, 10:11 PM
3 things to do tomorrow...
1. Get caller ID
2. Call Cox and get the number traced
3. Up the life insurance.

Seriously, I bet it was a joke from a friend with poor taste. That's something I know plenty about.

The call came from a blocked number, I know because when I *69'd, the voice on the other end said that the phone number was unavailable to be distributed.

funny thing though, it did let me dial 1, and it would connect me anyways.

When I did that, all I got on the other end was a fast busy.

pr_capone
06-07-2006, 10:13 PM
You didn't just register at a Chiefs site based in northeastern PA, did you?

Seriously, though, and not to be insulting: What is your or your wife's past? Any crazy ex-wives / husbands / girlfriends / boyfriends / etc., that would make you think it was legit?

If not, my guess it's just some punk ass who thinks he's funny.

MM
~~:eek:

Nothing like that in her past, but she is a school teacher... it could have been some disgruntled kid that she has taught sometime in the last 10 years. *dunno*

pr_capone
06-07-2006, 10:15 PM
i gotta Glock .40 id be more than happy to lend out

I appreciate the sentiment bud... I think we will be ok for tonight. We are DEFINATELY looking to purchase a sidearm though sometime in the near future.

Have to start shopping for something that she can handle without the recoil making her crack herself on the forehead. Also, something relatiely inexpensive... have to pay for tickets to the Thanksgiving game. :D

Iowanian
06-07-2006, 10:17 PM
A vicoius weiner dog...now I've heard it all.

Sprinkle some tacs under the windows, so when the ninjas sneak in barefooted, you'll hear them howel and know when to dump the paint cans.

Killer Dactson...hahahahhahaha*

*when I moved to the town I now reside, one of the first times I read the local paper, in the police log it said
"4:40pm Sunday, a woman called to report that her son had been Bitten by a vicious gecko"

yeah....it said that.

BWillie
06-07-2006, 10:19 PM
If he used Skype your not going to be able to find out who he is at all.

pr_capone
06-07-2006, 10:20 PM
A vicoius weiner dog...now I've heard it all.

Sprinkle some tacs under the windows, so when the ninjas sneak in barefooted, you'll hear them howel and know when to dump the paint cans.

Killer Dactson...hahahahhahaha*

*when I moved to the town I now reside, one of the first times I read the local paper, in the police log it said
"4:40pm Sunday, a woman called to report that her son had been Bitten by a vicious gecko"

yeah....it said that.

LOL

An alarm I said... after barking and realizing there was danger afoot, that dog would hide under the bed and wet itself in fear.

BTW.... Gecko?

Not the nice English one from the Geico commercials I hope!
http://images.usatoday.com/life/gallery/mascots/03-11-gecko.jpg

Bugeater
06-07-2006, 10:20 PM
The call came from a blocked number, I know because when I *69'd, the voice on the other end said that the phone number was unavailable to be distributed.

funny thing though, it did let me dial 1, and it would connect me anyways.

When I did that, all I got on the other end was a fast busy.
You need to get caller ID, it includes a service called "call rejection" which won't allow anonymous or blocked calls to get thru to you in the first place.

pr_capone
06-07-2006, 10:21 PM
If he used Skype your not going to be able to find out who he is at all.

I thought of that as well... lets just hope that he wasnt that smart though.

If using skype though, why us out of all people? Just got lucky with a random number and it was us?

I will let you all know what happens when PD calls me back tommorow.

pr_capone
06-07-2006, 10:22 PM
You need to get caller ID, it includes a service called "call rejection" which won't allow anonymous or blocked calls to get thru to you in the first place.

I'll be looking into that tommorow bug... I didnt realize that the call rejection feature was available.

Thanks!

Bugeater
06-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I'll be looking into that tommorow bug... I didnt realize that the call rejection feature was available.

Thanks!
I should mention that's the way Qwest's CID works, I would assume it's the same with Cox.

picasso
06-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Overreacting a bit aren't ya?

pr_capone
06-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Overreacting a bit aren't ya?
no

Monkeylook4food
06-07-2006, 10:40 PM
I've dealt with whackos like this in the past. If somebody makes a threat like that over the phone you should spend about 2 seconds worrying about it. If they make a threat like that while waving a machette in your face, call the doctor. Somebody is going to bleed.

Halfcan
06-07-2006, 10:59 PM
It was not me.

Mecca
06-07-2006, 11:07 PM
The next time I get a prank call I'm going to flip the hell out like I have to leave my house and fear for my life......because that seems to be what most on the planet would do and by god I need to fit in. :)

I think alot of the posts in this thread are an extreme overreaction to someone messing with you and laughing about it after they hang up. If they could read this thread they'd probably be laughing uncontrolably hard, I know I would be.

unlurking
06-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Reading all the comments about spending the night elsewhere made me think this would be a really good way to get people out of the house if you wanted to rob them.

Good luck tho, man. I'm sure it's just a prank.

KCBOSS1
06-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Obviously a lot of you guys have never gotten threats like this. Statements like "you're overreacting..." and stuff like that. NO, he is not overreacting. Yeah, it's probably a fluke...one out a hundred chance that it is genuine. I have done a lot of counseling. Most are attention getters or sick pranksters.....but the one in a hundred or even a thousand that are serious are enough to take action of protecting your family.

Monkeylook4food
06-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Obviously a lot of you guys have never gotten threats like this. .
How is it obvious? Obviously my family has.

Moooo
06-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Obviously a lot of you guys have never gotten threats like this. Statements like "you're overreacting..." and stuff like that. NO, he is not overreacting. Yeah, it's probably a fluke...one out a hundred chance that it is genuine. I have done a lot of counseling. Most are attention getters or sick pranksters.....but the one in a hundred or even a thousand that are serious are enough to take action of protecting your family.

I think the actions are appropriate. If for no reason other than the fact that these sort of actions shouldn't go unpunished. If this prankster does it once and isn't caught, he'll do it again, and again, and that's not something someone should put up with.

And as far as the not sleeping with the bat, I think that's kinda natural whenever you feel violated. I know whenever I got my car broken into, I couldn't sleep, just because my little bubble of safety had been punctured in one way or another.

Also, look on the bright side, at least he didn't call up and get you, and then ASK for her by name...

Moooo

greg63
06-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Good luck pr_capone; I hope you find out who it is. ...Prayers for your, and the wifes saftey.

pr_capone
06-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Good luck pr_capone; I hope you find out who it is. ...Prayers for your, and the wifes saftey.

Thank you Greg.. much appreciated. :D I'm sure we will be fine... but like others said... better safe than sorry. :D

luv
06-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Thank you Greg.. much appreciated. :D I'm sure we will be fine... but like others said... better safe than sorry. :D
I haven't read the whole thread. How is your wife taking it?

KCBOSS1
06-07-2006, 11:49 PM
How is it obvious? Obviously my family has.

We have as well. But they were to me, not my wife. That would be different to me. I wasn't trying to insult you, but I don't disagree with his concern or any action he would take. How would you feel if you had made a comment about it being dumb to "overreact" and it turns out not to be a prank at all? Again, it's probably bogus.

pr_capone
06-08-2006, 12:08 AM

She is doing ok... she is adamant that this thing will not control how she lives her life the next few days until we ge some answers.

I applaud her, but asked her to just be a bit more caucious than normal... she agreed.

Goddess Tara
06-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Man Capone sorry that this happened, how it was just some dumb ass prank.

greg63
06-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Thank you Greg.. much appreciated. :D
You're welcome bud.
I'm sure we will be fine... but like others said... better safe than sorry. :D
...Very true

greg63
06-08-2006, 01:02 AM
She is doing ok... she is adamant that this thing will not control how she lives her life the next few days until we ge some answers.

I applaud her, but asked her to just be a bit more caucious than normal... she agreed.

Good advice; there are a bunch of wack jobs in the world.

greg63
06-08-2006, 01:47 AM

luv, did you get my PM?

Demonpenz
06-08-2006, 02:29 AM
slim shady does not give a **** and will kill you

Big Dick Jones
06-08-2006, 06:14 AM
You should have your uncle Al take care of this.

JBucc
06-08-2006, 07:03 AM
Thats a line from the movie "phone booth".

I was just thinking you should do this to one of your neighbors and get one of those laser pointers and put it on them while you do it. Then make them do all sorts of crazy shit like eat meat if they were vegetarian before you tell them it's you.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Reading all the comments about spending the night elsewhere made me think this would be a really good way to get people out of the house if you wanted to rob them.

Good luck tho, man. I'm sure it's just a prank.
Friend of a friend story... don't know if it's true.

Middle-aged couple living in metro area back in the mid 90s got a call from prize award center from Independence Mall, said they'd won two tickets to a Chiefs game on such and such date. Confirmed (told THEM their own address and they confirmed it) their address and mailed them tickets. They didn't remember registering for any giveaways, but thought maybe a friend did it since they were big Chiefs fans.

Anyway, couple days later, the tickets arrived and they looked good. They went to the game, tickets worked (they were good tickets on the ground level). When they got home, their house had been cleaned out.

Robbers spent $200 and had a guaranteed four hours in their home.

Chiefnj
06-08-2006, 08:18 AM

Yeah, but then they would be totally surprised when the killer came a knockin'.

ChiTown
06-08-2006, 08:25 AM
I know a guy in S. Chicago who could take care of this for you......

jidar
06-08-2006, 08:30 AM
sorry about that, I ment to dial Gochiefs

pr_capone
06-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Well... I will be excersizing my 2nd amendment rights today and am purchasing a 9mm.

I found a small shop in Douglas that has one for $175 brand new in box.

I realize that its a cheapy, but it will do the job for keeping the home just a bit safer. I wish I could afford something similar to my old Army issue M-9... but alas money is a bit tight so I will have to make due.

Again, thanks for all the concern and the well wishes. I should know a bit later today as to the identity... at least location of the caller (assuming he didnt use skype or a similar service).

sedated
06-08-2006, 01:06 PM
your wife is a school teacher, phone number listed in the phone book.

sounds like some punk students to me, especially using the line from Phone Booth.

and even the time that they called - around 8:45pm. Late, getting dark, but not before their bed time.

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Get a good dog and a gun before they outlaw both.

Tribal Warfare
06-08-2006, 01:10 PM

German Shepards, accept no substitutes

pr_capone
06-08-2006, 01:14 PM

I have a 10 week old Red Heeler... not protective of the home yet but give her another couple of months.

Getting the gun tonight.

KChiefsQT
06-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Time to invest in a gun...
Pistol, semiautomatic handgun, revolver... hell go with the long boys and buy yourself a rifle or shotgun. Whatever you do, make sure you invest in bullets and load that baby up next time. Guaranteed to have a night full of sleep with it by your side.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-08-2006, 01:33 PM
IMO, shotgun is the best for home security. Load that sucker with buck, point and shoot. It's easy to miss with a 9mm if you don't shoot well, even at point blank range. It's not so easy with a shotgun.

pr_capone
06-08-2006, 01:35 PM
IMO, shotgun is the best for home security. Load that sucker with buck, point and shoot. It's easy to miss with a 9mm if you don't shoot well, even at point blank range. It's not so easy with a shotgun.

Agreed, but the Army taught me how to fire a 9mm. I will teach the wife how to fire it properly as well. I dont miss.... she wont either. :D

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 01:39 PM
German Shepards, accept no substitutes

Inspector
06-08-2006, 02:00 PM
You should probably be prepared for anything.

I would start with lining up another wife.

Just in case.....

Good luck.

Otter
06-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Better make another post before he calls again.

Mr. Laz
06-08-2006, 02:02 PM

then use gun on dog ...... put pitbull pelt on living room floor as rug.

Saulbadguy
06-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Dogs can't shoot guns.

Moooo
06-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Agreed, but the Army taught me how to fire a 9mm. I will teach the wife how to fire it properly as well. I dont miss.... she wont either. :D

So what sort of 9mm do you have? Is it a 92, or did you go with a Glock? I personally always liked Tauruses...

Moooo

Raiderhader
06-08-2006, 04:13 PM

Which has its down sides as well.

Give me a .45 any day.

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 04:15 PM

OK cat man.

ChiefsFire
06-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Which has its down sides as well.

Give me a .45 any day.

not to get off on the subject of firearms...but have you ever seen a woman try and fire a 12 gauge??

if youre buying somethin for the lil lady to protect herself..think smaller

Clint in Wichita
06-08-2006, 04:17 PM
I say use a sword.

It's a little messy, but you can amputate limbs without waking up the kids, unless the intruder is a screamer.

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Dogs can't shoot guns.

Seeing as you hate guns maybe you could borrow Laz's pussy cat.

Mecca
06-08-2006, 04:18 PM
I was just thinking you should do this to one of your neighbors and get one of those laser pointers and put it on them while you do it. Then make them do all sorts of crazy shit like eat meat if they were vegetarian before you tell them it's you.

That's a hell of a funny idea.

Raiderhader
06-08-2006, 04:23 PM
not to get off on the subject of firearms...but have you ever seen a woman try and fire a 12 gauge??

if youre buying somethin for the lil lady to protect herself..think smaller

Yeah, I'd think a .38 special would be ideal for the average female. A 9 isn't a real bad option either.

KChiefsQT
06-08-2006, 05:21 PM
You should probably be prepared for anything.

I would start with lining up another wife.

Just in case.....

Good luck.
ROFL Sorry, that was uncalled for.

Mr. Laz
06-08-2006, 05:30 PM
OK cat man.
:D

Ari Chi3fs
06-08-2006, 05:41 PM
my guess is that it was Greg63... you should probably be real careful what you post or he might make your wife Greg64 and and you, Greg65. That bastard is a mean psychotic ****er...

Ari Chi3fs
06-08-2006, 05:42 PM
oh, I see you got a gun now, that is good. Im rather sick of Greg63's posts anyway....

pr_capone
06-09-2006, 12:05 AM
This is the sidearm that I purchased. (Mine is all black though)

9mm
http://homesteadfirearms.com/homesteadfirearms/cartimages/product/WSmallNi9.jpg

I have yet to hear from the police... I'm not pleased about that. I will be giving them a call tommorow. :mad:

J Diddy
06-09-2006, 12:13 AM

ROFL

Mecca
06-09-2006, 12:24 AM
This is the sidearm that I purchased. (Mine is all black though)

9mm
http://homesteadfirearms.com/homesteadfirearms/cartimages/product/WSmallNi9.jpg

I have yet to hear from the police... I'm not pleased about that. I will be giving them a call tommorow. :mad:

The police probably think you're overreacting to a prank call......

J Diddy
06-09-2006, 12:31 AM

Who cares?

Wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry?

Rausch
06-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I'd think a .38 special would be ideal for the average female. A 9 isn't a real bad option either.

We have one of these (http://www.taser.com/self_defense/index.htm) and a machete in each car.

You can't attack me if yer' busy $3itting yerself while decapitated...

pr_capone
06-09-2006, 01:38 AM
We have one of these (http://www.taser.com/self_defense/index.htm) and a machete in each car.

You can't attack me if yer' busy $3itting yerself while decapitated...

I was tazed once... it wasnt pleasant. :)

Moooo
06-09-2006, 02:00 AM
They say the best sidearm for home security is a .380...

So a 9mm wouldn't be that far off. I always am a fan of the .45. Mostly because it has a 100% knockdown rate instead of the 89% or whatever a 9mm does. Unfortunately for our troops, the .45 was discontinued as a sidearm cause it was found to be inhumane. So is war, and a sidearm is a last line of defense. Its not like you're tearing someone up with a .50, it's a .45!

Moooo

Tribal Warfare
06-09-2006, 02:18 AM
PittBulls are dumber than shit.

German Shepards are best utility/Gaurd Dogs period. Smart enough to comprehend ones commands, The alsio can go through Scheutzen training to become a readied loaded weapon. That's also including it's determination to defend it's master what ever the cost. Infact a German Sherpad saved my life when I was 3 years old.

BWillie
06-09-2006, 02:19 AM
I'd get one of those machine guns from off Rocky or Heat. You know the bank scene in Heat, those things can do some damage. No pussy hand guns. Machine guns people. Do you think they give our troops little guns like that? Hey, even a sawed off would be better, cuz you really can't miss with a sawed off. Your gonna at least graze your with a sawed off, that's the whole point.

Moooo
06-09-2006, 02:20 AM
PittBulls are dumber than shit.

German Shepards are best utility/Gaurd Dogs period. Smart enough to comprehend ones commands, The alsio can go through Scheutzen training to become a readied loaded weapon. That's also including it's determination to defend it's master what ever the cost. Infact a German Sherpad saved my life when I was 3 years old.

Dobermans have a memory unlike any other I've been around. But I will admit I don't hang around German Shepards.

Moooo

ChiefaRoo
06-09-2006, 09:08 PM
So I assume everyone came out okay? Nice 9MM. I'd get a monitored alarm and deadbolts too if you don't have them already

Jesus
06-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Stinkin' pigs. Probably gorging themselves at a local Krispy Creme.

pr_capone
06-09-2006, 10:42 PM
So I assume everyone came out okay? Nice 9MM. I'd get a monitored alarm and deadbolts too if you don't have them already

So far everything has been quiet... which I somewhat expected. No alarm other than a wiener dog that goes apeshit whenever someone she doesnt know comes in the house. lol

Deadbolts all around.

CHIEF4EVER
06-09-2006, 10:43 PM
So far everything has been quiet... which I somewhat expected. No alarm other than a wiener dog that goes apeshit whenever someone she doesnt know comes in the house. lol

Deadbolts all around.

I would recommend taking this opportunity to buy a 12 Gauge Home Security System dude.

CHIEF4EVER
06-09-2006, 10:46 PM
They say the best sidearm for home security is a .380...

So a 9mm wouldn't be that far off. I always am a fan of the .45. Mostly because it has a 100% knockdown rate instead of the 89% or whatever a 9mm does. Unfortunately for our troops, the .45 was discontinued as a sidearm cause it was found to be inhumane. So is war, and a sidearm is a last line of defense. Its not like you're tearing someone up with a .50, it's a .45!

Moooo

A man after my own heart. I have a loaded M1911A1 at all time in the house. Anyone found in the house after lights out WILL be found in the morning....and likewise lights out.

greg63
06-10-2006, 10:53 PM
my guess is that it was Greg63... you should probably be real careful what you post or he might make your wife Greg64 and and you, Greg65. That bastard is a mean psychotic ****er...

:shake:

oh, I see you got a gun now, that is good. Im rather sick of Greg63's posts anyway....

..Good! :p

sedated
06-10-2006, 11:14 PM
AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf*cker in the room. Accept no substitutes.

FAX
06-10-2006, 11:15 PM
AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf*cker in the room.

ROFL

FAX

pr_capone
06-10-2006, 11:20 PM
AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf*cker in the room. Accept no substitutes.

I could have actually picked one up brand new for $360 but couldnt afford the extra $200.