PDA

View Full Version : NBA finals, anyone else watching?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 11:26 PM
The team that shows the most aggression, as far as drivin' to the hoop, gets the calls in the NBA.

Exactly. Dallas doesn't have anyone who drives to the lane as much as Wade and then anytime Shaq touches it he gets hacked, thus more FT attempts.

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 11:27 PM
big shot by dirk. no one else wanted to shoot.

milkman
06-18-2006, 11:27 PM
The team that shows the most aggression, as far as drivin' to the hoop, gets the calls in the NBA.

I'm not too sure both these teams belong in the finals after seeing these guys miss clutch shots, free throws, etc. I miss the days of the Bulls.

I miss the days of the Lakers with Magic.

I miss the days of the KC Kings with Tiny.

The game they play today isn't the same game they played years ago.

tk13
06-18-2006, 11:28 PM
CLUTCH SHOT BY LARRY BIRD! ROFL Great shot.

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 11:29 PM
come'on DW. make the FT's and game is over.

WilliamTheIrish
06-18-2006, 11:30 PM
What a shiot call.

tk13
06-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Josh Howard just kills the Mavs. Terrible timeout. What was he thinking...

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 11:31 PM
What a shiot call.

Right, cause there was no contact by Dirk. :rolleyes:

WilliamTheIrish
06-18-2006, 11:32 PM

It's just an opinion. You cry a lot.

NJ Chief Fan
06-18-2006, 11:33 PM
if the heat win the title, they are easily the worst team ever to win a title

DaKCMan AP
HEAT WIN!!!! :D

DaKCMan AP
It's just an opinion. You cry a lot.

Nah, I'm not a Dallas or Detroit fan.

Mecca
06-18-2006, 11:34 PM

Generally they won't call fouls with a second left in the game.......but I forgot Wade is god so they have to call that.

WilliamTheIrish
Nah, I'm not a Dallas or Detroit fan.

Nor am I.

DaKCMan AP

Nah, that would be Detroit 2004.

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Generally they won't call fouls with a second left in the game.......but I forgot Wade is god so they have to call that.

Praise Wade.

Not a player in the league I'd rather have on my team :)

Miles
06-18-2006, 11:36 PM

I was pretty suprised they called it. It usually takes more contact than that.

Count Alex's Losses
What complete friggin' garbage.

A foul called in the last NINE SECONDS? The replay showed Wade was barely even touched.

COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

Miami Heat - FORTY-NINE FREE THROWS.

Dallas Mavericks - 25.

Chiefs Pantalones
One thing is for sure, if Wade doesn't get Finals MVP (if they win the title), he would've gotten robbed.

Anyway, the Heat better be ready to play in game 6. Dallas is going to throw everything they got at them. Should be a good game.

Mecca
06-18-2006, 11:38 PM
I was under the impression for a foul to be called at the end of a game the guy had to basically be murdered.....which Wade wasn't.

NJ Chief Fan
06-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Nah, that would be Detroit 2004.
haha yea right you guys couldnt play with them they would of swept the heat

the Talking Can
06-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Dwayne Wade is a bad ass.

Le Who?

milkman
06-18-2006, 11:40 PM
I was under the impression for a foul to be called at the end of a game the guy had to basically be murdered.....which Wade wasn't.

David Stern doesn't want Mark Cuban to win a title.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-18-2006, 11:40 PM

Same could be said for every team that has won it since the Bulls got dismantled by their crappy GM.

The NBA has been far from stellar since the Bulls.

milkman
06-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Same could be said for every team that has won it since the Bulls got dismantled by their crappy GM.

It wasn't stellar with the Bulls.

KevB
06-18-2006, 11:42 PM
What complete friggin' garbage.

A foul called in the last NINE SECONDS? The replay showed Wade was barely even touched.

COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

Miami Heat - FORTY-NINE FREE THROWS.

Dallas Mavericks - 25.

The Heat get everything in the paint or going to the basket....hell, Dallas intentionally fouled Shaq 5 or 6 times. Dallas is primarily a jump shooting team, thus no free throws. Quit yer bitchin'.

NJ Chief Fan

there arent many championship teams that would be able to play with the 2nd 3peat bulls

Chiefs Pantalones
Detroit is overhyped by ESPN.

How can you have that good of a season, and not get to the Finals at least?

Mecca
06-18-2006, 11:43 PM
What exactly are you guys expecting......the showtime 80's era? More fans would watch if all the teams played like that but basically the teams that do or have played like that in this era don't win in the playoffs.

tk13
06-18-2006, 11:44 PM
The NBA has always had shotty officiating. I actually thought this playoffs had been better officiated than some recent years. Like some of those recent Laker championship years, etc. There were a couple of those Laker/Kings games that were about 9 miles beyond anything in this series.

People like to use FT's as a crutch though. In reality, Miami is a more physical team and Dallas is more of a perimeter oriented team... Miami should be shooting more FT's every night.

Plus, that last Josh Howard timeout was stupid. That's an elementary mistake you can't make with two seconds to go in Game 5. If he waits until after the FT they can move the ball to halfcourt and get a legitimate shot to win the game. I guess that maybe sealed the deal to me... if you do something like that you don't deserve to win.

Mecca
06-18-2006, 11:46 PM
To bad Jerry Stackhouse was suspended.....which is also ridiculous I might add. Dallas would have probably won if he had played.

NJ Chief Fan
06-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Detroit is overhyped by ESPN.

How can you have that good of a season, and not get to the Finals at least?

1. flip saunders isnt a post season coach
2. flip over worked the starting 5 in the regular season...the whole starting 5 ave over 40 minutes a game

detroit isnt over hyped...theyve made the eastern confernce championship 4 years in a row and won over 50 games a season those 4 years making the title game 2 of 4 winning one could of been 2 FUGGIN BIG SHOT BOB :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

milkman
06-18-2006, 11:47 PM
What exactly are you guys expecting......the showtime 80's era? More fans would watch if all the teams played like that but basically the teams that do or have played like that in this era don't win in the playoffs.

The problem is that with the Pistons climb to the top, they could only make it by playing a more physical brand of basketball.

The NBA started calling fouls more loosely, and the game became more physical still.

This brand of hoops is boring.

It takes the athletecism, speed, and grace out of the game.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-18-2006, 11:48 PM
It wasn't stellar with the Bulls.

It wasn't stellar if you don't like watching greatness, that is. They are the last team with the killer instinct, the last true dynasty in pro sports. If Jordan wouldn't have retired the first time, they would've won like every year in the 90s. Of course, at some point you have to stop and think, is this team that good, or is the league that bad...well...considering all the great players and teams MJ and the Bulls stopped from getting rings, I'd say it was because they were that good...I mean...great.

JMO, though.

Mecca
06-18-2006, 11:49 PM
The problem is that with the Pistons climb to the top, they could only make it by playing a more physical brand of basketball.

The NBA started calling fouls more loosely, and the game became more physical still.

This brand of hoops is boring.

It takes the athletecism, speed, and grace out of the game.

I agree with alot of that, problem is until teams play like that it won't matter. 1 team plays like that, the Suns. If you bring this up people will go, "yea if that's so good how come they aren't in the finals?"

milkman
06-18-2006, 11:49 PM
It wasn't stellar if you don't like watching greatness, that is. They are the last team with the killer instinct, the last true dynasty in pro sports. If Jordan wouldn't have retired the first time, they would've won like every year in the 90s. Of course, at some point you have to stop and think, is this team that good, or is the league that bad...well...considering all the great players and teams MJ and the Bulls stopped from getting rings, I'd say it was because they were that good...I mean...great.

JMO, though.

I disagree.

There were more great players before the Jordan era.

tk13
06-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Actually this year has probably been the most up tempo/offensive-minded in quite a while I think. Especially in the Western Conference... Dallas and Phoenix both made it to the conference finals, beating the half court type teams like San Antonio and LA. That normally never would've happened the last 10 years. The game has definitely changed somewhat, and it could even more so as the European influence grows.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Who wins it now, guys? Heat or Dallas?

milkman
06-18-2006, 11:51 PM
I agree with alot of that, problem is until teams play like that it won't matter. 1 team plays like that, the Suns. If you bring this up people will go, "yea if that's so good how come they aren't in the finals?"

If the game were officiated the way it is supposed to be, the Suns could advance.

Basketball isn't supposed to be a physical, contact sport.

The league has allowed to evolve into that.

milkman
06-18-2006, 11:53 PM
Actually this year has probably been the most up tempo/offensive-minded in quite a while I think. Especially in the Western Conference... Dallas and Phoenix both made it to the conference finals, beating the half court type teams like San Antonio and LA. That normally never would've happened the last 10 years. The game has definitely changed somewhat, and it could even more so as the European influence grows.

I also would agree with this, but it still has a way to go before it returns to the sport it was designed to be.

tk13

JMO, though.
It's kind of a shame, because the best competition those Bulls would've faced were the two Rockets teams that won while MJ retired. Those teams were the ones that would've given them a run I think. Olajuwon was in a different stratosphere then, the Bulls never faced a guy like that really. I'm not sure they would've won but I think he would've given the Bulls fits.

Mecca
If the game were officiated the way it is supposed to be, the Suns could advance.

Basketball isn't supposed to be a physical, contact sport.

The league has allowed to evolve into that.

Detroit, San Antonio, Miami to an extent basically play defense by beating the **** out of their opponent. I don't think the league is ever going to crack down on it either because if they did the Suns and Mavs would probably win 70+ games.

Count Alex's Losses
06-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Who wins it now, guys? Heat or Dallas?

Miami can't win on the road. They've won 2 of their 3 games in this series due to bullshiat officiating.

There's no way Wade gets that call in Dallas.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-18-2006, 11:54 PM
I like the defenseness of the league. Defense is important. I know it's a different sport, but we should all know that so well since really the only thing that has stopped the Chiefs is their lack of defense. I really appreciate defense more than ever, in all sports, since watching the team I love these past couple of years die because of not having it.

Don't hate on defense...it wins championships. :)

58-4ever
06-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Who still wants to argue whether or not Wade is a top 5 player? That was unbelievable. He drove by 4 guys on his way to the basket. The entire Maverick squad couldn't stop him.

Count Alex's Losses
06-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Who still wants to argue whether or not Wade is a top 5 player? That was unbelievable. He drove by 4 guys on his way to the basket. The entire Maverick squad couldn't stop him.

ROFL

HE MISSED THE SHOT.

The officials bailed his ass out.

milkman
06-18-2006, 11:57 PM
I like the defenseness of the league. Defense is important. I know it's a different sport, but we should all know that so well since really the only thing that has stopped the Chiefs is their lack of defense. I really appreciate defense more than ever, in all sports, since watching the team I love these past couple of years die because of not having it.

Football is a contact sport.

I love defense in football.

Basketball isn't supposed to be a contact sport, and great defense should be about quick feet.

But all you need now is to know how to mug a person.

Mecca
06-18-2006, 11:58 PM

Watching teams just physically beat the crap out of other teams to me in basketball isn't defense. It detracts from the game and is a way for a less talented team to hang with a team that has better players. It's one thing to play good basketball defense, it's another to be dirty and just physically pound on people.

milkman
06-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Watching teams just physically beat the crap out of other teams to me in basketball isn't defense. It detracts from the game and is a way for a less talented team to hang with a team that has better players. It's one thing to play good basketball defense, it's another to be dirty and just physically pound on people.

Tell it to him brutha!

Count Alex's Losses
06-19-2006, 12:00 AM
The Mavericks are super pissed. Dirk was destroying shit in the hallway on the way to the locker room.

May their righteous indignation carry them to the title.

F*CK DEWAYNE WADE!!!

the Talking Can
06-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Wade owns Dallas.

It's funny watching 5 guys run around unable to stop him.

If Shaq could shoot FTs this series wouldn't even be close.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Do you think that game 7 would be easier to win than game 6 for the Heat? Considering it's do or die for both teams...

ImAWalkingCorpse
06-19-2006, 12:04 AM

Great post... it actually made me quit watching the NBA for several years.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-19-2006, 12:06 AM
The Mavericks are super pissed. Dirk was destroying shit in the hallway on the way to the locker room.

May their righteous indignation carry them to the title.

F*CK DEWAYNE WADE!!!

Dirk should punch Howard while he's at it. ROFL

Mecca
06-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Wade owns Dallas.

That's because if they touch him or he flops to the ground they'll call a foul. The guy flops around more than a fish out of water.

WilliamTheIrish
06-19-2006, 12:11 AM

It's kind of ironic that Pat Riley employs the rugged clamp down, grab, hold, push, cajole type defense we see in the NBA.

When the Celtics used it against his Showtime squads, he cried like a biotch because it took away from the pretty game played by Magic, Coop, Macadoo, and Kareem.

He moves on to the Knicks and pulls a 180*. With guys like Anthony Mason and company, Riley turned the Knicks into what he despised so much just a few year's prior. He continued that trend in Miami.

Personally, I like watching the up and down version of the NBA. Watching the Suns/Mavs series was really enjoyable.

This series? Not so much.

tk13
This Avery Johnson press conference is hilarious. ROFL

Halfcan
Wade owns Dallas.

I agree Wade is unstoppable. He looks more like MJ every game.

It was funny seeing the dumbazz announcers recant the Dirk is Larry Bird talk. There was only one Bird and Dirk aint him.

Cuban is such azzhole, I hope he never gets a ring.

Count Alex's Losses
06-19-2006, 12:12 AM
Avery's being a jerk, but I love it. ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
06-19-2006, 12:12 AM

ROFL

What a joke.

At one point he was 3-14 from the floor.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-19-2006, 12:14 AM

It was funny seeing the dumbazz announcers recant the Dirk is Larry Bird talk. There was only one Bird and Dirk aint him.

With all due respect to Wade, there is only one MJ, and Wade isn't him.

Mecca
06-19-2006, 12:15 AM

Only from the FT line.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-19-2006, 12:17 AM
If Dallas doesn't win this thing, it's going to be a long 6 or however many weeks there are left until training camp begins (thank God, the offseason is coming to an end here soon, by the way). Gochiefs will be in a bad mood...no one knows what he's capable of. ;)

Count Alex's Losses
06-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Yet another screw job by the officials:

Wade was established in the front court and then went into the backcourt to catch the in-bounds pass. That is a backcourt violation.

jettio
06-19-2006, 12:41 AM
There has to be a 98% chance of a game 7, as much as the Mavs got jobbed in Miami, the refs will try to give them game 6.

Wade has a lot of talent, but he pretends like he is hurt when he isn't, and the refs bail him out when he takes a bad shot.

the Talking Can
06-19-2006, 12:43 AM
That's because if they touch him or he flops to the ground they'll call a foul. The guy flops around more than a fish out of water.

right....Wade only scores because of the refs....pull your head out of Mark Cuban's ass, you're witnessing a great player and all you can do is cry like an Italian soccer player...

No one in the league can guard Wade.

Spicy McHaggis
06-19-2006, 12:48 AM
right....Wade only scores because of the refs....pull your head out of Mark Cuban's ass, you're witnessing a great player and all you can do is cry like an Italian soccer player...

It does help when the refs call non-existent fouls to help him win the game. Wade is a great player but that last call was bullshit.

Eh, I'm just glad we've got a series again.

Mecca
06-19-2006, 12:52 AM

He shot as many FT's as the entire Dallas team combined......think about that.

It's funny how Wade is constantly acting like he's hurt or sick. Yet Kobe is the one people flip out about acting like he's Jordan.

PunkinDrublic
06-19-2006, 03:29 AM
That faggot piece of shit ref deserves to have his ass beat for that phantom foul on Dwayne Wade. NBA refs are the worst officials in sports. I'm sick of seeing them give calls to star players. They virtually handed the Heat the game tonight this is bullshit.

Rudy lost the toss
06-19-2006, 04:02 AM
How often do you see a guy shoot under 40% and still get 43 points. I hate the Mavs and I'm enjoying this historic choke-job, but they are definitely getting the Seahawk treatment

Rudy lost the toss
06-19-2006, 04:06 AM
How often do you see a guy shoot under 40% and still get 43 points. I hate the Mavs and I'm enjoying this historic choke-job, but they are definitely getting the Seahawk treatment
I forgot the Mavs-Spurs game where Dirk scored 27 points on 3-9 shooting. NBA refs are a joke.

DaKCMan AP
06-19-2006, 06:19 AM
In Game 3, if Dirk makes his FT's.

In Game 5, if Dirk makes his FT's.

If Howard makes his FT's.

If Howard doesn't call TO between foul shots.

...but go ahead and cry about the refs ROFL

weak.

the Talking Can
06-19-2006, 07:36 AM

weak.

to top it off, Howard has a history of being a choke artist (from espn.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060619) )

Needless to say, I wasn't about to follow up with a question about his free-throw showing earlier in overtime or his history of making a mistake with a late timeout, although those would have been legitimate things to ask. (In college, on Feb. 24, 2002, Howard was with Wake Forest when he called a timeout he didn't have with 1.3 seconds left against Maryland. It was a technical foul, and Juan Dixon made 1 of 2 free throws to win the game.)

the Talking Can
06-19-2006, 07:40 AM
After Dwyane Wade scored 43 points in Game 5, it marked his third straight NBA Finals going for 35 points or more. Here's the exclusive club he joins:

'06 Dwyane Wade MIA
'01 Shaquille O'Neal LAL
'00 Allen Iverson PHI
'99 Shaquille O'Neal LAL
'92 Michael Jordan CHI
'66 Rick Barry SF
'61 Elgin Baylor LAL

-- ESPN Research

damn refs!!! ROFL

FAX
06-19-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm assuming from the last posts that game 5 is over. Who is ahead in the series? When is the next game?

Anyone?

Thanks.

FAX

the Talking Can
06-19-2006, 08:34 AM
I'm assuming from the last posts that game 5 is over. Who is ahead in the series? When is the next game?

Anyone?

Thanks.

FAX

as best I can gather from this thread, the Refs lead Dallas 3-2....

FAX
06-19-2006, 08:38 AM
as best I can gather from this thread, the Refs lead Dallas 3-2....

ROFL

Thanks, Mr. the Talking Can.

FAX

Lzen
06-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Yup, Miami Refs 3
Dallas Mavs 2

Next game is Tuesday.

Like a couple others have said, I think Wade is a great player. But he gets way too many touch fouls called in his favor. And don't tell me that Dallas wasn't attacking the basket last night. They just weren't calling the same fouls on Miami.

It seemed as though the Mavs players couldn't breath on Wade without being called for a foul. I have always liked Wade and thought he was a superstar in the making. However, after these playoffs and especially the Finals, I don't much care for his antics. It seems he's always hurt and he's always flopping on the floor. That call with 1.9 seconds left bailed him out. If you're gonna call a foul on that, Miami's whole team should've fouled out last night for the way they mugged the Mavs.

I'm not some whining Donkey fan. It was pretty obvious that the refs wanted to help Wade win the game for Miami. The last game was like that, too. Although I'm not sure it would've changed things the way Dallas played in game 4.

Lzen
06-19-2006, 08:52 AM
This Avery Johnson press conference is hilarious. ROFL

Avery's being a jerk, but I love it. ROFL

What was Avery saying?

pak1983
06-19-2006, 08:52 AM
ROFL

What a joke.

At one point he was 3-14 from the floor.

hmmmmmm maybe it had something to do with him getting fouled? your and idiot!

pak1983
06-19-2006, 08:56 AM
yeah cry about the refs, maybe if dirk could hit both free throws it would have been over, then howard missed 2. crying like girls about the refs. dirk gets tons of calls and in the last 2 games haslem and shaq have had 2 fouls called on them within the first 5 minutes. shut up and STOP WHINING!

the Talking Can
06-19-2006, 09:12 AM
What was Avery saying?

he said "I'm Wade's bitch"

KCTitus
06-19-2006, 09:15 AM
One could save time by watching Game 7 only. Anyone who thinks the NBA wasnt going to make this a 7 game series was kidding themselves.

Is game 7 on July 4th at 10pm EST?

Mecca
06-19-2006, 09:47 AM
yeah cry about the refs, maybe if dirk could hit both free throws it would have been over, then howard missed 2. crying like girls about the refs. dirk gets tons of calls and in the last 2 games haslem and shaq have had 2 fouls called on them within the first 5 minutes. shut up and STOP WHINING!

Wade 25 FT's-Dallas team 25 FT's. You can't tell me one guy should shot as many foul shots as the entire other team.

pak1983
06-19-2006, 10:19 AM
as stated before one team is more physical than the other. he who drives to the bucket more frequently will be shooting the free throws more. common sense? maybe but with that is a rare quality around these parts.

DaKCMan AP
06-19-2006, 10:21 AM
a perimeter shooting team does not go to the line often.

ROYC75
06-19-2006, 10:22 AM
One could save time by watching Game 7 only. Anyone who thinks the NBA wasnt going to make this a 7 game series was kidding themselves.

Is game 7 on July 4th at 10pm EST?

I fully expected this to go 7 games, so did David Stern.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ROYC75
06-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Dallas makes 18 FT's in a row, then blow 3 of the next 4 FT's......... GAME !

the Talking Can
06-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Wade 25 FT's-Dallas team 25 FT's. You can't tell me one guy should shot as many foul shots as the entire other team.

given the fantasy world you seem to live in, no one can tell you anything...

DaKCMan AP
06-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Dallas makes 18 FT's in a row, then blow 3 of the next 4 FT's......... GAME !

It's the refs fault that Dirk and Josh missed their FT's.

the Talking Can
06-19-2006, 10:47 AM
it's the refs fault that Avery Johnson is 2 feet tall...

Lzen
06-19-2006, 10:57 AM
as stated before one team is more physical than the other. he who drives to the bucket more frequently will be shooting the free throws more. common sense? maybe but with that is a rare quality around these parts.

Perhaps you guys missed last night's game. Dallas was not settling for all jump shots. As a matter of fact, their gameplan was to attack the basket. If you guys didn't have your noses so far up Wade's ass, you might've realized that.

BIG_DADDY
06-19-2006, 11:11 AM
GO HEAT!!!! Good to see another win. Gotta pull one out in Dallas now. Wade reminds me of Kobe in that sometimes he starts slow but can take over a game. He is just not as physical. I know that last call was BS but I have a hard time feeling bad about it considering the Mavs were all over the backs of the Heat trying to get offensive boards the entire game with rarely a call. If the Heat could hit a ****ing free throw this series would already be over. Reminds me of watching the Lakers.

PunkinDrublic
06-19-2006, 11:23 AM

weak.

I agree with all that you're right, but that last call they gave to Wade was bullshit. Don't get me wrong the Mavs have missed out on putting games away this series but the way last nights game ended was hard to take. I'm really frustrated with this good ole boy network of officiating in the league. They've been pulling the same shit for years and it seems like they're never held accountable.

jettio
06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Bottom line, Wade is a great player who will lose this series after the Mavs get two double digit victories in Dallas.

Mave showed up in two of the games in Miami and the refs got Miami over the top to help the NBA make more money.

This is 1994 repeated, Home team wins every game. Mavs are the better team and they will win.

Count Alex's Losses
06-19-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm still pissed about that call.

You don't call a foul in the last 10 seconds unless the guy gets CLOBBERED.

DaKCMan AP
06-19-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm still pissed about that call.

You don't call a foul in the last 10 seconds unless the guy gets CLOBBERED.

Mike Wilbon disagrees with you.

You have more beef arguing about a backcourt violation than you do about the foul. Wade was fouled, just not by Nowitzki. I think it was Howard who fouled him.

Still weak that all you do is :deevee: about the refs.

Calcountry
06-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Why would I? I have my A's brand baseball to watch. ;)

Mecca
06-20-2006, 04:57 AM
Mike Wilbon disagrees with you.

You have more beef arguing about a backcourt violation than you do about the foul. Wade was fouled, just not by Nowitzki. I think it was Howard who fouled him.

Still weak that all you do is :deevee: about the refs.

Wilbon also called Wade the best player in the league which is laughable at best.

Just for everyone I got 2 things to show everyone......

#1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jefurxvjneM Watch as he completely murders Jason Terry to no call.

#2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH1JFPGmSP4 It's quite obvious according to the rule book he commited a backcourt violation.

It's also amusing that alot of people posting on here have thier heads so far up Wade's ass they don't even realize how many over the top calls he's getting.

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 05:36 AM
Michael Wilbon, formerly known as jelly donut, is a jock sniffer. He will say anything nice about a star player just to be around them.

Whatever comes from him should be taken with a grain of salt, just like Wade's Babe's in this thread.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 06:36 AM
Wilbon also called Wade the best player in the league which is laughable at best.

Just for everyone I got 2 things to show everyone......

#1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jefurxvjneM Watch as he completely murders Jason Terry to no call.

#2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH1JFPGmSP4 It's quite obvious according to the rule book he commited a backcourt violation.

It's also amusing that alot of people posting on here have thier heads so far up Wade's ass they don't even realize how many over the top calls he's getting.

Out of all the players currently in the league, there's no one I'd rather have on my team in the 4th quarter than Wade. He completely dominates and takes over the game.

the Talking Can
06-20-2006, 06:52 AM
Wade has made Dallas fans his bitches.

Scoring 40 a game will do that....

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:46 AM
good read.

Cuban seems to have all answers

Published June 20, 2006

Dallas owner Mark Cuban dressed in the jersey of suspended Maverick Jerry Stackhouse at Game 5 of the NBA Finals. He yelled at referees on the court after it.

He criticized officiating and media into the night. Then he went to the computer, where this running e-mail conversation, sort of, was held with South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Dave Hyde through Monday afternoon.

Hyde, 2:10 a.m.: "Mark, I [along with every other reporter] have talked with you this series. I was wondering, now that the initial emotion has passed, what are your thoughts are on the end of the game about the loss and the officiating?"

Cuban, 2:24 a.m.: "I'm thrilled to death with how it all turned out and thought the officiating was a nonfactor. My only problem is with reporters and columnists who can't ask an original question or one with any depth. How did you expect me to respond to this e-mail?"

Hyde, 8:44 a.m.: "Your team made its first 18 free throws. Then, with the game on the line, it made three of seven. Regardless of anything else that happened, isn't that the primary reason you lost?"

Cuban, 9:12 a.m.: "You had all night to ask, and that's the best you can do?"

Hyde, same e-mail: "Final question: Do you see a referee blowing a whistle on the grassy knoll?"

Cuban: "Do you see your profs from school rolling their eyes because you once had promise to write something of consequence and this is the path you have taken?"

Hyde, 12:41 p.m.: "Mark, thanks for noticing the progress of my career path. Speaking of great journalists [and realizing this is off our basketball conversation], there's a report you have made an offer to Dan Rather for your HDTV network. What gives?"

Cuban, 12:59 p.m.: "What gives? Doing what no one in corporate media is able to do. Report to uncover news rather than to hit an earnings number."

Hyde, 1:14 p.m.: "Mark, regarding your postgame comments about Wade's `backcourt violation.' In 2000, the NBA enacted a rule allowing teams to inbound the ball from midcourt into the backcourt. Rule 4-VI-g states, `Frontcourt/backcourt status is not attained until a player with the ball has established a positive position in either [court] half.' Given this, do you re-think your position that it was a bad call?"

Cuban, 1:19 p.m.: "The positive position is defined by where he left the court from when he catches the ball. He can catch the ball in frontcourt or backcourt. Wherever he has positive position, the throw-in ends when he catches the ball and normal rules apply. There is confusion by some in the league office because nowhere in the rule book is `positive position' defined in the rulebook. You have to look where they define jump balls to see how it is defined. And applied. My position stands. It was a backcourt yesterday and will be tomorrow, or until they change the rules to say otherwise."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-hydecuban20jun20,0,7793394.column?coll=sfla-sports-heat

KCTitus
06-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Out of all the players currently in the league, there's no one I'd rather have on my team in the 4th quarter than Wade. He completely dominates and takes over the game.

Feh...dont be silly. It's all about Shaq.

In Orlando it was Hardaway, in LA, Kobe and now Wade...there's a reason why these players look 'good' and then when Shaq leaves, their 'game' suddenly fades.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:59 AM

In Orlando it was Hardaway, in LA, Kobe and now Wade...there's a reason why these players look 'good' and then when Shaq leaves, their 'game' suddenly fades.

Shaq makes a huge difference, absolutely. He clears out the lane so Wade can drive with force.

However, many times in the 4th quarter when Wade takes over, Shaq is on the bench because of the hack-a-shaq.

Additionally, his rookie year, without shaq, Wade dominated in the Playoffs when a Heat team that wasn't supposed to make it won their 1st round series against the Hornets. He had game winning shots and 4th quarter magic then, without Shaq.

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 10:04 AM

thats foolish, pennys career was over because of injuries, kobe has no talent around him and is easily MUCH BETTER THAN FLOP, as for wade who knows fugg flop

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 10:15 AM
thats foolish, pennys career was over because of injuries, kobe has no talent around him and is easily MUCH BETTER THAN FLOP, as for wade who knows fugg flop

So true.

KCTitus
06-20-2006, 10:22 AM

Forgive me I follow the NBA about as closely as Badminton, but the one thing I do know is the last few NBA titles have had one common demoninator--Shaq.

Feel free to explain it away.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Forgive me I follow the NBA about as closely as Badminton, but the one thing I do know is the last few NBA titles have had one common demoninator--Shaq.

Yep. Even though he's not the same Shaq as in LA or ORlando (he hasn't reached 20pts in a game in the Finals yet), the Heat would not win the Championship without him on the roster. He opens up so many things for the other players.

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 10:29 AM

i dont know I HATE THE RENT A COP hes an oversized bitch

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 10:30 AM

Stick to badminton Titus. Shaq hasn't won a championship since playing with Kobe. Matter of a fact, Shaq hasn't won a championship without Kobe. Last 3 champions have been Spurs, Pistons, Spurs, in that order. All of them without the help of Shaq.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Stick to badminton Titus. Shaq hasn't won a championship since playing with Kobe. Matter of a fact, Shaq hasn't won a championship without Kobe. Last 3 champions have been Spurs, Pistons, Spurs, in that order. All of them without the help of Shaq.

Last 6/7 (soon to be 7/8 :D) have been Duncan/Shaq. Those 2 have dominated the league.

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Last 6/7 (soon to be 7/8 :D) have been Duncan/Shaq. Those 2 have dominated the league.

Counting your chickens before they hatch, I see. That usually bites people in the ass. :)

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Counting your chickens before they hatch, I see. That usually bites people in the ass. :)

True...but I want the dual-BBall championship. :)

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 10:40 AM
True...but I want the dual-BBall championship. :)

I want alot of things too...

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 10:42 AM
I want alot of things too...

Already got 1/2 and the other is very realistic ;)

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Already got 1/2 and the other is very realistic ;)

Yes it is. Must feel good to be a BB fan in Florida right now.

It doesn't really matter to me who wins though. Just hope the better TEAM wins.

KCTitus
06-20-2006, 10:54 AM

Or Wade...

LOL...I just find it funny the same level of talk about Wade is nothing new. The sidekick to Shaq magically appears to be the next wonder kid. Ok, whatever.

BIG_DADDY
06-20-2006, 11:33 AM

Wow, so Kobe's game has faded? Unfreakinbelievable.

BIG_DADDY
06-20-2006, 11:34 AM
GO HEAT!!! Lakers East Coast style. ROFL

BIG DADDY

Wanting it for Riley more than anyone.

KCTitus
06-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Wow, so Kobe's game has faded? Unfreakinbelievable.

Oh my...I slighted the deity that is known as Kobe Bryant. Forgive me for my wreckless keyboarding. Did the Lakers even make the playoffs this year? They should have with Wade v0.5 was still on his 'game'.

Brock
06-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Cuban then turned to Stern and other NBA officials who were seated at the scorer's table and was overheard to shout venomously in the jubilant din, ``[Bleep] you! [Bleep] you! Your league is rigged!''

Ha.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Oh my...I slighted the deity that is known as Kobe Bryant. Forgive me for my wreckless keyboarding. Did the Lakers even make the playoffs this year? They should have with Wade v0.5 was still on his 'game'.

Actually, they did.

KCTitus
06-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Actually, they did.

They did, huh, well I must have been watching the Badminton quarterfinals that day.

BIG_DADDY
06-20-2006, 12:55 PM

So I have to explain to you that:

1. The Lakers have salary issues and chose to go with a young unexperienced team and build for tomorrow rather than today.

2. The Heat went with veterans to build for today rather than tomorrow.

3. That in spite of this the Lakers did make the playoffs one game away from appearing in the conference finals.

4. The Lakers will free up a ton of salary space over the next two years.

WOW

I guess you're in the goatcheese Kobe sucks camp. You are really going to be hatin it in a couple years IMO.

GO HEAT!!!!

tk13
06-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Breaking news... Mark Cuban has been fined $250,000 dollars...haha. They didn't say what for I guess, behavioral problems.

The Miami Herald reports that Cuban yelled at David Stern after game 5 and told him the league was rigged. The way they talked on ESPN that's not what the fine was for though, I don't know...

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Breaking news... Mark Cuban has been fined $250,000 dollars...haha. They didn't say what for I guess, behavioral problems.

The Miami Herald reports that Cuban yelled at David Stern after game 5 and told him the league was rigged. The way they talked on ESPN that's not what the fine was for though, I don't know...

Wow..that is a large fine.

Some charity will get a nice sized donation, though.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-20-2006, 04:49 PM
I don't think the league is totally rigged, but there are some questions about things. You have to do something like that, though. I mean, MJ is gone, Magic is gone, Bird is gone...you gotta go extreme to keep the league up in the fans eyes and make the $.

Count Alex's Losses
06-20-2006, 05:21 PM
I've come to terms with all this bullshit. The game wasn't rigged. If the Mavericks had made their free throws, they would have won. Therefore, there is no way it was rigged.

Dirk shot 24 free throws in one game against the Spurs. He was also fouled in the last seconds of another game and made a game-tying free throw. What goes around comes around.

chiefs4me
06-20-2006, 05:44 PM
GO HEAT!!! Lakers East Coast style. ROFL

BIG DADDY

Wanting it for Riley more than anyone.

Riley has had it before...let Cuban have it...:D

the Talking Can
06-20-2006, 08:04 PM
no pre-game whining from Dallas fans?

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Dallas has started off strong thus far.

jettio
06-20-2006, 08:35 PM

I have been a Mavs fan for this post-season.

Which team do you think is going to win the series?

chiefs4me
06-20-2006, 08:40 PM

:deevee:

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Good defensive subs by Riley bringing in Zo and Posey and nice job cutting it down to 7 at the end of 1.

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 09:02 PM
that shot was way way out of rent a cops range

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 09:03 PM
there we go dallas

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Turnovers are killing Miami. If they take care of the ball they're right in the game.

Chief Chief
06-20-2006, 09:09 PM
NBA SUCKS!! The refs treat Wade as the next Jordan by giving him the star treatment: They're ignoring the fouls he commits and blowin' their whistles on anyone who gets within a foot of him.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:10 PM
NBA SUCKS!! The refs treat Wade as the next Jordan by giving him the star treatment: They're ignoring the fouls he commits and blowin' their whistles on anyone who gets within a foot of him.

:deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

can't believe you're already crying about the refs

Mecca
06-20-2006, 09:11 PM
The little piece before the game comparing Wade to Jordan was nauseating. Miami must have the worst T/O ratio of any team ever to make the finals.

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 09:12 PM

Cuban keeps showing why he is the biggest azzhole in sports. Dallas is a great place, my second home, and it is shame they have a owner like that. He is a disgrace, when he isn't talking about his c#ck being bigger because he is rich, he is crying like a baby.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Cuban keeps showing why he is the biggest azzhole in sports. Dallas is a great place, my second home, and it is shame they have a owner like that. He is a disgrace, when he isn't talking about his c#ck being bigger because he is rich, he is crying like a baby.

I'm sorry, I wish all owners cared like Mark Cuban does.

And that was a ridiculous touch foul called on Daniels right there.

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 09:14 PM
every time i turn my head to watch the game flop is on the line

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:15 PM
I like Cuban as an owner. I think he's good for the sport and he's entertaining. I just want him to lose tonight :D

keep blowing that whistle, ref ;)

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 09:17 PM
keep blowing that whistle, ref ;)
so you finally realized some team is being favored HEAVILY

Mecca
06-20-2006, 09:18 PM
It's nice when a team is being screwed because they said the refs suck.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:19 PM
so you finally realized some team is being favored HEAVILY

Nope, never said that. When a foul is committed I want the call made. I find it amusing how much Dallas fans are crying. I thought we were done with the crying after we took care of Detroit.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:21 PM
After Dallas' great start, Heat lead by 1 at half :D

all you who are still crying about the refs, especially in this game, are just full of shit. :deevee:

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Nope, never said that. When a foul is committed I want the call made. I find it amusing how much Dallas fans are crying. I thought we were done with the crying after we took care of Detroit.
:homer:

the Talking Can
06-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Dallas blows a 14 point lead.

The refs are responsible.

I demand an investigation.

Count Alex's Losses
06-20-2006, 09:28 PM
all you who are still crying about the refs, especially in this game, are just full of shit.

Are you f*cking kidding me?

The Heat have 15 free throw attempts. Dallas has TWO.

The Dallas Maverick Killer has been called in. Danny Crawford is refereeing tonight, and Dallas is 1-11 in playoff games he refs. The effect has been noticeable thus far. There have been some REAL bullshit "fouls" drawn by Wade.

Dalls gets up by 14...the whistles start.

Dallas gets back up by 10...here come the whistles again.

F*CK THE NBA.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 09:29 PM
David Stern doesn't want Mark Cuban to win a title.....

Basileus777
06-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Only a homer could deny how the Mavs are getting Seahawked by the refs.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:30 PM
:homer:

right, and you're unbias :rolleyes:

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm sorry, I wish all owners cared like Mark Cuban does.

And that was a ridiculous touch foul called on Daniels right there.

I never said he didn't care, he has made some great moves. I said he acts like a whiney little arrogant bitch. He is an embarrassment to the city. If anything he has hurt his team with his antics. Refs have long memories when they get called in the media.

I think there has been bad calls on both sides, but Dallas has gotten screwed a few times on phantom calls. That is basketball, refs can't see everything.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 09:33 PM
If you're watching this, this is what it looks like. The officials are putting Miami back in the game when Dallas starts to pull away. Then it looks like the league/David Stern is trying to turn Wade into a big time star face of their league in this series by doing anything possible to make him look good.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 09:34 PM
I never said he didn't care, he has made some great moves. I said he acts like a whiney little arrogant bitch. He is an embarrassment to the city. If anything he has hurt his team with his antics. Refs have long memories when they get called in the media.

I think there has been bad calls on both sides, but Dallas has gotten screwed a few times on phantom calls. That is basketball, refs can't see everything.

I'm sure fans in Dallas would like the Mavs to go back to what they were before he got there. :shake:

Count Alex's Losses
06-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Seriously. Wade drew a foul on a shot where he wasn't even TOUCHED.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:35 PM

The Dallas Maverick Killer has been called in. Danny Crawford is refereeing tonight, and Dallas is 1-11 in playoff games he refs. The effect has been noticeable thus far. There have been some REAL bullshit "fouls" drawn by Wade.

F*CK THE NBA.

Since the Mavs were up 42-31 they shot 2/10 from the field and turned the ball over twice. I'm sure THAT has absolutely NOTHING to do with it and it's ALL the refs. :rolleyes:

Mecca
06-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Since the Mavs were up 42-31 they shot 2/10 from the field and turned the ball over twice. I'm sure THAT has absolutely NOTHING to do with it and it's ALL the refs. :rolleyes:

Ok Miami fan I know you want your squad to win. But uh explain Wade getting a foul call on a shot where he wasn't touched.....

DaKCMan AP
Seriously. Wade drew a foul on a shot where he wasn't even TOUCHED.

Daniels swiped his hands as he was going up. Ticky tack? Yes.

Count Alex's Losses

Shove it up your ass. They were up double digits and then immediately the whistles started. TWICE. It's total bullshit.

1-11 isn't a coincidence.

THE NBA CALLS IN DAN CRAWFORD WHEN THEY WANT THE MAVERICKS TO LOSE.

Dirk had to score FIFTY POINTS to overcome this jackass.

the Talking Can
06-20-2006, 09:38 PM

F*CK THE NBA.

I totally agree dude.

You should get in your X-Wing Starfighter and go give those refs a piece of your mind.

the Talking Can
06-20-2006, 09:39 PM
I've honestly never seen bitches like you Dallas fans.

I hate the NBA, but you make everyone root for Miami.

Mecca
Once again the way most of this board has their head shoved up Wades ass amuses me.

Count Alex's Losses
I totally agree dude.

You should get in your X-Wing Starfighter and go give those refs a piece of your mind.

I'm going to cut across the axis and try and draw their fire.

Basileus777
Daniels swiped his hands as he was going up. Ticky tack? Yes.

Explain the one called on Terry earlier in the game, the one where Wade hit a jumper and fell down without being touched.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Shove it up your ass. They were up double digits and then immediately the whistles started. TWICE. It's total bullshit.

1-11 isn't a coincidence.

THE NBA CALLS IN DAN CRAWFORD WHEN THEY WANT THE MAVERICKS TO LOSE.

Dirk had to score FIFTY POINTS to overcome this jackass.

Mavs shot 20% during the last 4:39. During the same time the Heat shot 60%.

It's that simple.

Count Alex's Losses
06-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Explain the one called on Terry earlier in the game, the one where Wade hit a jumper and fell down without being touched.

That was the one I was talking about. COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

There was also the one called on Devin Harris when Wade initiated the contact. The announcer noticed it was COMPLETE BULLSHIT, too.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:41 PM

I couldn't tell if their feet got tangled as he was fading away or not. Either way, that probably shouldn't have been called. Wade made that shot and got and 1. So that one call and one point is the reason the whole game is fixed, right?

tk13
06-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Haha... interesting discussion. If you want to watch great officiating, the NBA is definitely not your league. Never has been. I still don't think this playoffs has really been any worse officiated than previous year's playoffs. In fact I think it might be better.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 09:42 PM
It's not even so much the reffing that is pissing me off. It's that people on here wanting Miami to win won't even acknowledge that they are benefitting from bullshit calls. If you said "yes I know we are getting calls". I doubt you'd get the reaction you are, well atleast from me anyway.

chiefs4me
06-20-2006, 09:42 PM
I've honestly never seen bitches like you Dallas fans.

I hate the NBA, but you make everyone root for Miami.

that's Mrs. Bitch to you..:harumph:

:D

Ari Chi3fs
06-20-2006, 09:43 PM
what Michael Jordan Wade called for a foul? Surely something is awry.

Ari Chi3fs
06-20-2006, 09:44 PM
People here in KC, who would rather have the NHL, instead of the NBA, are out of their fuking gourd. Seriously, when are the NHL finals? heh.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:45 PM
what Michael Jordan Wade called for a foul? Surely something is awry.

Yep, and Dirk just got a call where he travelled. If I was a Dallas fan I'd :deevee: but I understand that calls aren't going to be perfect and the onus is on the team, not the refs.

Dallas shot 2/10 during the last 4:39 of the 1st half. That same time Miami shot 6/10.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Yep, and Dirk just got a call where he travelled. If I was a Dallas fan I'd :deevee: but I understand that calls aren't going to be perfect and the onus is on the team, not the refs.

Dallas shot 2/10 during the last 4:39 of the 1st half. That same time Miami shot 6/10.

When one guy on Dallas shoots as many FT's as your entire team, you can cry.

Basileus777
06-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Haha... interesting discussion. If you want to watch great officiating, the NBA is definitely not your league. Never has been. I still don't think this playoffs has really been any worse officiated than previous year's playoffs. In fact I think it might be better.

Tell me about it. Anyone remember that Phoenix-Seattle WCC game 7 back in 93? That game was probably the worst officated one in NBA history. The NBA blatantly fixed that one in order to get a Jordan-Barkley finals.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:49 PM
When one guy on Dallas shoots as many FT's as your entire team, you can cry.

As GoCheese stated earlier, against San Antonio, Dirk shot 24 free throws. Did you cry foul and blame the refs then, too?

the Talking Can
06-20-2006, 09:50 PM
I blame that turnover on the refs.

I also blame the refs for Miami working harder on the glass.

Damn refs!

tk13
06-20-2006, 09:51 PM
It's not even so much the reffing that is pissing me off. It's that people on here wanting Miami to win won't even acknowledge that they are benefitting from bullshit calls. If you said "yes I know we are getting calls". I doubt you'd get the reaction you are, well atleast from me anyway.
I'm not really rooting for either team. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas win tonight so we could have a good 7 game series. I just want to see a close game.

That said, Dallas had a 2-0 series lead, and a double digit lead in the 4th quarter of game three, and a chance to put the series away. Blaming the officials for their collapse just comes across as weak. Sure officials can make some bad calls but a total collapse like that is the Mavs fault.

Mecca
The ref kept the ball in bounds.......

DaKCMan AP
I blame that turnover on the refs.

I also blame the refs for Miami working harder on the glass.

Damn refs!

ROFL

love the shimmy 'toine.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Walker is such a fat bastard. That guy playing in a finals is just funny considering what a bum of a player he is.

Ari Chi3fs
06-20-2006, 09:55 PM
ROFL

love the shimmy 'toine.

you suck ass. I dont want you to rejoice for both the NBA champ and the NCAA champ in hoops. you lick major nuts.

im not for the mavs, Im just anti DaKCMan rejoicing championships.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 09:57 PM
you suck ass. I dont want you to rejoice for both the NBA champ and the NCAA champ in hoops. you lick major nuts.

im not for the mavs, Im just anti DaKCMan rejoicing championships.

ROFL

maybe a chiefs superbowl will be next..

WilliamTheIrish
06-20-2006, 09:59 PM
I've honestly never seen bitches like you Dallas fans....

Me either... okay I have seen fans like this.. crying about the ref's, sounds like a KU crowd....

(did I just say that?)

Chiefs Pantalones
06-20-2006, 10:04 PM
If Miami keeps up this defense, they'll have their first title.

tk13
06-20-2006, 10:07 PM
See, this is why there should be a disparity in FT's. The Mavs just aren't taking it to the hoop hard. They're settling for jump shots, Dirk shoots his fadeaway, Zo gets clean blocks... The Heat are just more aggressive physically.

tk13
06-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Now there you go, take it to the rack... you guys should listen to Hubie. Keep doubting Hubie Brown.

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 10:08 PM
what a foul on miami? it cant be

Mecca
06-20-2006, 10:09 PM
A foul on Wade.....shocking.

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 10:09 PM
wade "flashed" right by dirk there was no foul BLIND BASTARDS

Ari Chi3fs
06-20-2006, 10:11 PM
ROFL

maybe a chiefs superbowl will be next..

shit, if that happens, you might be the coolest person I know. Long Live DaKCMan

Chief Chief
06-20-2006, 10:13 PM
NBA SUCKS!! Mark Cuban is an embarrassment to his team and the city of Dallas for acting like a spoiled brat when the Mavs lose.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 10:14 PM
NBA SUCKS!! Mark Cuban is an embarrassment to his team and the city of Dallas for acting like a spoiled brat when the Mavs lose.

Oh great not another one of these rants....are you related to Halfcan?

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 10:14 PM
on to the 4th..

Mecca
06-20-2006, 10:20 PM
It's funny how Dirk doesn't get near the respect Wade does from these officials.

Rudy lost the toss
06-20-2006, 10:21 PM
See, this is why there should be a disparity in FT's. The Mavs just aren't taking it to the hoop hard. They're settling for jump shots, Dirk shoots his fadeaway, Zo gets clean blocks... The Heat are just more aggressive physically.
I will have to agree with this. It's just how the NBA is right now. This is what happened in the Spurs-Mavs series. The Mavs were getting lots of free throw attempts because they got to the basket where there are a lot of phantom fouls called. They got there because the spurs were playing 4 small guys and duncan. If you look at the stats, they would only shoot 5-10 three-pointers a game. Now Dallas can't get to the hoop and are missing 10-15 three-pointers a game. I hate how the NBA is reffed, but Miami is just taking advantage. Think how terrible Ginobili would be if they didn't call a foul every time he was out of control.

Reaper16
06-20-2006, 10:24 PM
That ref just tackled Dirk!!! Damn refs!

Mecca
Gary Payton is a moron....

Saulbadguy
Gary Payton is a moron....
and a little bitch.

Simplex3
06-20-2006, 10:25 PM
What, he should be thrilled when his team loses?

The whole league is f**ked. The officiating was so bad the last time I watched a game (5+ years ago?) and it doesn't sound like it's any better now. Nobody wants to watch basketball, they want to watch a slam-dunk competition. If two NBA teams had to play a single game by the real rules of the sport it would be nothing but an entire game full of whistles, and the way they shoot free throws it would likely end up 3-2.

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 10:27 PM
its more than obvious the league doesnt want mark cuban to win a title

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 10:27 PM
It's funny how Dirk doesn't get near the respect Wade does from these officials.

I hope you're not referring to Dirk's miss where he was guarded by O'neal and Haslem inside. That was great defense, no foul.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Look at that Dallas drives to the basket....no foul. Something tells me if Wade had done that a foul would have been called.

Saulbadguy
06-20-2006, 10:30 PM
What, he should be thrilled when his team loses?

The whole league is f**ked. The officiating was so bad the last time I watched a game (5+ years ago?) and it doesn't sound like it's any better now. Nobody wants to watch basketball, they want to watch a slam-dunk competition. If two NBA teams had to play a single game by the real rules of the sport it would be nothing but an entire game full of whistles, and the way they shoot free throws it would likely end up 3-2.
It has gotten alot better.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 10:32 PM
WTF? Stackhouse gets a cheap foul.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 10:33 PM
wade is lucky not to get a tech for slamming that ball down.

mavs fans still crying even while making a run ROFL

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 10:33 PM
WTF? Stackhouse gets a cheap foul.
what did you expect he nearly killed flop :rolleyes:

Basileus777
06-20-2006, 10:36 PM
and a little bitch.

And one of the best guards to ever play the game. He also hit two clutch shots that won the Heat games 3 and 5.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 10:38 PM
And one of the best guards to ever play the game. He also hit two clutch shots that won the Heat games 3 and 5.

No one is "one of the best guards to ever play the game," at the age of anything under 30. You can say he has the potential to be, but he could turn out to be a Grant Hill or all sorts of things...

It takes years and years, season after season after season of brilliant play to be one of the best.

Moooo

Mecca
06-20-2006, 10:39 PM
No one is "one of the best guards to ever play the game," at the age of anything under 30. You can say he has the potential to be, but he could turn out to be a Grant Hill or all sorts of things...

It takes years and years, season after season after season of brilliant play to be one of the best.

Moooo
I think he's referring to Payton who's pretty old.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 10:40 PM
I think he's referring to Payton who's pretty old.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the freethrows as clutch shots.

Well, in Glove's case he needs a championship to make him one of the greatest. and even then it will only be made as a secondary role.

Truthfully other than Shaq there are no players out there that deserve the "greatest players" title.

Moooo

Basileus777

Moooo

I was talking about Payton, not Wade.

DaKCMan AP

One of the best in the game? Yes. I love DW, but he has a ways to go to earn the title of one of the best ever.

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 10:41 PM

Moooo
iverson is 31 and hes top 3 in the league and one of the best ever

Mecca
06-20-2006, 10:42 PM
Watching the NHL and NBA finals one thing is apparent. Both leagues are more concerned with creating "Superstars" and trying to make them the face of thier league.

I watched officiating give Edmonton 2 games when Carolina was obviously better just to get a game 7. In the NBA I'm watching them try to turn Wade into a face of their league above all else. Cmon a big piece on comparing him to Jordan before the game? Atleast they aren't shy about admitting what they're doing.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 10:43 PM
iverson is 31 and hes top 3 in the league and one of the best ever

Not yet. Get a championship and I'll put him in there. And I'm not saying that cause I'm not an Iverson fan or anything (the guy is brilliant for being 6 even), but it takes A LOT, and I mean A LOT to be one of the greatest. You're talking the company of the top 30 players ever or so, it's gonna take a lot.

Moooo

Mecca
06-20-2006, 10:44 PM
My god, Jerry Stackhouse is the man.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 10:46 PM

Posey ownz Stack.

that was a nice block though...

Mecca
06-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Posey ownz Stack.

that was a nice block though...

I'm sure in 2 years you'll enjoy your Heat team when everyone retires and Wade wins his 20 games a year. Then I'll laugh because there's no way he'll carry his team to the playoffs by himself like Kobe did.

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Not yet. Get a championship and I'll put him in there. And I'm not saying that cause I'm not an Iverson fan or anything (the guy is brilliant for being 6 even), but it takes A LOT, and I mean A LOT to be one of the greatest. You're talking the company of the top 30 players ever or so, it's gonna take a lot.

Moooo
sayin iverson is 6 ft is generous...more like 5'10, hes never going to win a championship with the sixers, but come on, did you see the team that he braught to the nba championship? yea they got killed by the lakers but they made the finals on his back...flop is a very weak version of iverson, no way should flop be considered in the same breathe as an iverson and dont any even say jordan

Moooo
06-20-2006, 10:48 PM

After that last three... ditto

Moooo

chiefs4me
06-20-2006, 10:49 PM
wow..

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 10:50 PM
I'm sure in 2 years you'll enjoy your Heat team when everyone retires and Wade wins his 20 games a year. Then I'll laugh because there's no way he'll carry his team to the playoffs by himself like Kobe did.

uhhhh...he did that his rookie year :stupid:

Mecca
06-20-2006, 10:51 PM
uhhhh...he did that his rookie year :stupid:

With Lamar Odom having a career year also.....in 2-3 years the Heat are going to be Wade and Haslem and that's about it.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 10:52 PM
With Lamar Odom having a career year also.....in 2-3 years the Heat are going to be Wade and Haslem and that's about it.

Y'know..Kobe has Lamar Odom on his team too... ROFL

That's 2-3 years from now and we'll see what the team looks like then. They'll have some cap room once Shaq is gone. They have Simien and Dorrell Wright who don't get playing time.

Moooo
sayin iverson is 6 ft is generous...more like 5'10, hes never going to win a championship with the sixers, but come on, did you see the team that he braught to the nba championship? yea they got killed by the lakers but they made the finals on his back...flop is a very weak version of iverson, no way should flop be considered in the same breathe as an iverson and dont any even say jordan

I'm not following who flop is, but with the exception of Shaq, I don't think anyone on the court is worthy of being called the best.

As far as the Shaq debate, I see the numbers, I see the championships, I see the numbers in the championships...

Moooo

Mecca
Another cheap foul called in a key time.....

Moooo
06-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Dwayne Wade...fouled... GASP!

Moooo

Reaper16
Ok, THAT was just awful.

Mecca
This is just sad to watch.

Mecca
I think the people cheering for Miami should just stop justifying it and admit they are getting calls.

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 10:54 PM
i think that was game :cuss: :Lin:

Rudy lost the toss
that call was ugly

DaKCMan AP
NBA CHAMPS!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaper16
06-20-2006, 10:55 PM
This kinda sucks to watch; and I want Miami to win.

Moooo
Butterfingers Dampier...

Moooo

DaKCMan AP
2006 NCAA CHAMPION FLORIDA GATORS
2006 NBA CHAMPIONS MIAMI HEAT

what a year :D

Mecca
NBA CHAMPS!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About in the same vein as the Steelers championship.....

DaKCMan AP
when the game is on the line....go to Dampier ROFL

Moooo
06-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Where's Reggie Miller when you need him... lol jk.

Moooo

chiefs4me
well, if they have to win it..I am glad it's on the road..no party in dallas for you

Mecca
If I was Miami fan I don't know how I'd take this. Anyone watching this can basically see how blantanty one sided this has been.

NJ Chief Fan
i hope you enjoyed rent a cops last game and the last miami playoff appearance for a long time

DaKCMan AP
Dwayne Wade NBA Finals M-V-P

tonight's MVP: Haslem

NBA CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
Congrats to Zo, he really deserves a ring, IMO.

Mecca
well, if they have to win it..I am glad it's on the road..no party in dallas for you

Uh the game is in Dallas......