PDA

View Full Version : Which life would you rather live?

tk13
06-09-2006, 03:36 AM
Poll forthcoming. This stems from some of the steroid discussion. I'm not trying to start another steroid discussion, but more of a lifestyle discussion. You have the choice of living one of two different "lives". Which one would you rather choose?

Assume you're no older than 30-35 years old. Answer honestly.

Moooo
06-09-2006, 03:40 AM
Keep in mind people always have integrity until tempted. THis may skew your results. Then again, that's not too much a part of it.

Moooo

BWillie
06-09-2006, 03:50 AM
"Why does everyone assume health and longevity is the only option. No, sometimes fun costs ya, it just does" -- Bill Maher

I'd go with option A. 20-25 years of livin' the dream is alot better than some boring old guys life. Besides nobody over 65 really is having a good time anyway. I've never met a guy over 65 that didn't bicker and complain about everything. They just aren't happy. It's quality not quantity people

Moooo
06-09-2006, 03:58 AM
I'm going with B. I've found (and so has psychology) that money has no coorelation with contentment. My ambitious life plans are to get a moderatly nice job where I get to interact with people, find some chica who likes Chiefs Football, classical music, and to cook, and then have a kid or two (and a grandkid or two).

Cutting it short and not being able to see your younglings grow up into little yous (or little wifeys if they're girls) would be taking away the best part.

Moooo

Count Alex's Wins
06-09-2006, 04:35 AM
I've always liked the quiet life. Growing old allows you to share your life longer with more people. Just think of how society has changed from 1970. I wouldn't want to miss 35 years.

Ultra Peanut
06-09-2006, 04:38 AM
Hmm... do I want a more interesting life from 20-60, or do I want a more humdrum life from 20-60 in exchange for more "involuntarily poop your pants" years?

MOhillbilly
06-09-2006, 08:10 AM
who the **** wants to live to a hundred shittin your britches and eating babyfood?

id rather die at 55 w/ no money, thank you.

Inspector
06-09-2006, 08:17 AM
I'd take the longer life to be around my wife / kids / grandkids longer. I have found them to be waaaay more valuable than any amount of cash.

But, that's just me and I tend to be kind of weird.

KC Jones
06-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Besides nobody over 65 really is having a good time anyway. I've never met a guy over 65 that didn't bicker and complain about everything. They just aren't happy. It's quality not quantity people

Not true at all. My father for instance just started having a few health issues, but at 79 he's still a pretty active guy, he does a lot of hiking, takes trips all over the world, etc. He also gets to enjoy his grandkids. From where I'm sitting it looks like a pretty fun life. My father in law is 63, retired, and still goes dirt biking, canoeing, sailing, kayaking, etc. He's a mad man - I can barely keep up with him.

As you get older and closer to middle age, the more you'll begin to realize there's still plenty of fun to be had. It's when the health problems kick in that it would seem to be a drag, but even then if you've invested time and love in family and friends there's still plenty to get out of life. It's just that very last decline if illness and pain are your constant companions that looks like it's no fun.

Predarat
06-09-2006, 09:40 AM
I'll take the longer life. The poll never said it had to be a boring life just not extravigant. I wouldnt know WTF to do with an extravigent lifestyle. I'm a T-shirt and jeans kind of guy, my idea of gormet eating is a nice steak or BBQ. No serious health problems either. Id love to spend more time with kids, gran kids and get to meet my great grandkids.

Rausch
06-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Besides nobody over 65 really is having a good time anyway. I've never met a guy over 65 that didn't bicker and complain about everything. They just aren't happy. It's quality not quantity people

My grandfather is 89.

Still fights me to cut his own grass (push mower), trim his own trees, and has the time to do pretty much everything he enjoys.

He loves the Cards, fishing, and eating out in those strange restaurants you read about in Parade and $#it. The kicker?

About 4 years ago my grandparents left their bedroom window open and when I came home from work....well.....yeah. I'm not going to finish the thought because I might power-vommit so hard I expel my soul...

sd4chiefs
06-09-2006, 10:15 AM
I want to go out like this guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Howard_Marshall

stevieray
06-09-2006, 10:18 AM
" Besides nobody over 65 really is having a good time anyway. I've never met a guy over 65 that didn't bicker and complain about everything. They just aren't happy. It's quality not quantity people

disagree, I have two aunts in their seventies that could outwork half of this board.

sedated
06-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Old people are nothing but a burden on society.

I'll take the money, I don't plan on living past 60 anyway.

BWillie
06-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Well, it has been proven that money can buy happiness up to 40-45K, the rest is up to you. I was under the impression that option one would of been more than money, just a all around great life before you died, and money just happened to be a part of it. Kind of like a life of a rock star.

Mr. Kotter
06-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Old people are nothing but a burden on society.

I'll take the money, I don't plan on living past 60 anyway.

:spock:

:shake:

DaKCMan AP
06-09-2006, 12:34 PM
B

Maybe by the time I'm 90 the Chiefs will win a superbowl.

tk13
06-09-2006, 02:49 PM
B

Maybe by the time I'm 90 the Chiefs will win a superbowl.
ROFL Now there's an angle I hadn't considered.

KCChiefsMan
06-09-2006, 02:55 PM
I would probably go for the long healthy, comfortable life. But if I were offered millions and a limelight life, I'd probably take it