PDA

View Full Version : **The Official** World Cup Thread

Pants
06-09-2006, 05:44 AM
Can a mod please delete this?

Ultra Peanut
06-09-2006, 05:46 AM
**** you, give me a dollar. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141578)

I'm bouncing off the walls. Five hours...

Also, in Football Manager, I just came back from a 3-1 deficit to Chelsea with two Van Persie goals in the last ten minutes to win 5-4 on aggregate and reach the Carling Cup final. Hoooooly shit. I know it's not much, but when you're a Sheff Wed side that only got promoted a couple of years ago and just got unceremoniously dumped out of the FA Cup by Newcastle four days ago, it feels damn good to make it this far.

Pants
06-09-2006, 05:54 AM
OMFG, dude. My bad. Your thread > my thread. I just noticed your comment when I went to change my Avatar. Can we please get this deleted? Thanks.

Pants
06-09-2006, 06:30 AM
**** you, give me a dollar. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141578)

I'm bouncing off the walls. Five hours...

Also, in Football Manager, I just came back from a 3-1 deficit to Chelsea with two Van Persie goals in the last ten minutes to win 5-4 on aggregate and reach the Carling Cup final. Hoooooly shit. I know it's not much, but when you're a Sheff Wed side that only got promoted a couple of years ago and just got unceremoniously dumped out of the FA Cup by Newcastle four days ago, it feels damn good to make it this far.

LOL, sorry didn't even read the rest of your post after clicking the link.

Nice work there. I've never played FM, but I usually pick a Serie B team and take them all the way to the CL champs. Need to try out FM some time.

Ultra Peanut
06-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Warning: Football Manager will take hours of your life from you, and all you'll be able to say in return is, "More, please!"

I'm currently haggling with PSV over ter Horst... those bastards want 4.1 million, and my budget is only going to let me go up to 3.6. Now he's complaining to the media because they keep turning me down. :D

I'm also looking for a keeper to replace Old Man Toldo, but I don't think I'm going to be able to pull off Paul Robinson (the England backup in the game, and a backup at 'Pool, too... bah) or Gomes.

Pants
06-09-2006, 06:43 AM
Warning: Football Manager will take hours of your life from you, and all you'll be able to say in return is, "More, please!"

I'm currently haggling with PSV over ter Horst... those bastards want 4.1 million, and my budget is only going to let me go up to 3.6. Now he's complaining to the media because they keep turning me down. :D

I'm also looking for a keeper to replace Old Man Toldo, but I don't think I'm going to be able to pull off Paul Robinson (the England backup in the game, and a backup at 'Pool, too... bah) or Gomes.

Wow, sounds pretty f***ing deep. Checking it out as we speak.

Ultra Peanut
06-09-2006, 06:45 AM
Wow, sounds pretty f***ing deep.It'll be 10:55 before I know it. :D