PDA

View Full Version : KU, K-State & Mizzou fans unite!

KChiefs1
06-09-2006, 09:24 AM
How about this idea to open the Sprint Center in KC, schedule a triple header of college hoops. Have MU, KU and K-State play big-time opponents. I know the NABC is going to be located in the Sprint Center right along with the Hall of Fame right?

How does KU-Carolina, MU-Arkansas and K-State-Wichita State sound? Doubt Roy would agree to it, but if KU and Carolina won't play, how about UCLA or Kentucky? I like MU-Arkansas there if they'll both agree to it. K-State-Cincy would be fun to watch with Huggy involved with both schools. K-State vs Iowa would also be a fun game to watch since there are a lot of Iowa fans living in KC.

Isn't the 50th anniversary of arguable the greatest college game ever played coming up? Anyone remember the 3OT National Championship game between KU & UNC? Mizzou & Arkansas would be a natural matchup too.

I really think this would be a fantastic thing to do. What do you all think?

Any of you that have any friends in high places, think we could get it to fly?

Saulbadguy
06-09-2006, 09:29 AM
No. That would take away home games from both KU & K-State, since they will be participating in a couple pre-season tourneys each year. Not sure on MU.

Although Mizzou vs Arkansas in KC would be a great matchup. 18,000 people in the arena, 5 last names, and 10 full sets of teeth.

sedated
06-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I wish there was a way to have KU play Mizzou at the Sprint Center, but without sacraficing the campus games as well.

Maybe a 3rd game during Non-Conference?

sedated
06-09-2006, 10:01 AM
KU-UNC

MU-UAB

KSU-Cincinnatti

alanm
06-09-2006, 10:01 AM
No. That would take away home games from both KU & K-State, since they will be participating in a couple pre-season tourneys each year. Not sure on MU.

Although Mizzou vs Arkansas in KC would be a great matchup. 18,000 people in the arena, 5 last names, and 10 full sets of teeth.
Yep, It's all about the money. Teams aren't going to sacrifice home games for a feel good tourney. :shake: