PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that care...

BroncoFan
11-28-2000, 06:21 PM
They found out what is wrong with TD.

STATEMENT REGARDING CONDITION OF TERRELL DAVIS

November 28, 2000

Denver Broncos running back Terrell Davis underwent a bone scan of his lower left leg on Monday, and it showed an increased uptake on his mid-tibia.

The team did a new magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) on Davis today, and the new MRI showed a stress reaction on the mid lower leg.

The stress reaction, which is in the periosteum, or covering, of the bone, is a precursor of a stress fracture. However, it is not a stress fracture.

Terrell Davis will have his lower left leg put into a boot for approximately three weeks, to allow the stress reaction to heal.

These injuries are killing me. TD doesn't deserve the bad luck. I don't either. As soon as Griese and TD are better, watch out... they will probably just get hurt again.

Over-Head
11-28-2000, 06:31 PM
.....wiping tear from eye....Boo Hooo.......
Whats the next excuse?

Mile High Mania
11-28-2000, 06:32 PM
I'm not going to use this as an excuse for anything... Anderson is kicking *** . It just makes me feel better about TD, b/c everyone thought he was faking it.

BroncoFan
11-28-2000, 06:38 PM
OVER-HEAD, Since you didn't like the topic, this one is for you.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/art/drew/1128drew.gif <P>

hawaiianboy
11-28-2000, 06:38 PM
You know, all these post ACL injuries he's having is probably related to coming back before his knee (and the muscles around the knee) was ready..... It happened to me after my first ACL injury.

Mile High Mania
11-28-2000, 06:45 PM
I am perfectly content with the idea of Terrell not playing for the remainder of this season. Take care of the injuries and prepare for 2001.

This team won't win anything significant in the playoffs with Gus and Brian may not be back in time to keep Gus from ultimately screwing up this team towards the end of the season. All of Gus' freaking turnovers will catch up to the team soon.

So, rest easy Terrell and tell your buddy Brian to do the same if he is not 100%. I don't want Brian coming back too early either, just wouldn't make sense in the long run. Give Anderson the rest of the season to pad his stats and his marketability.

Hopefully, in 2001 we can have a healthy trio - Davis, Gary and Anderson. One of them (Gary or especially Anderson) would make for some nice trade bait. I thought Denver should have considered trading Gary for a #1 pick possibly last year. If Anderson finishes strong with about 1,300 yds then he *could* bring Denver a nice deal on the market. Plus, Shanahan will most likely draft another no-named stud RB in the draft. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Nelson Muntz
11-28-2000, 11:24 PM
god i hate you mile high....lol
just playin
i just wish the chiefs could get one of those stud rb's in the draft and actually use him. god it must be nice

------------------
~R.I.P. Tupac Shakur~

TEX
11-28-2000, 11:39 PM
Bronco Fan,
You're wrong - you DO deserve it! *grin*

Pitt Gorilla
11-29-2000, 12:13 AM
I just don't understand why they ponied up so much loot for ONE guy. I mean, he's TD and all, but Denver could draft a guy in the 37th round who would probably be just about as good. Why not save that cash for an area of NEED?

------------------
GO PITT!

Desert Chief
11-29-2000, 12:26 AM
Ah Well too bad. I guess that means we're likely to see more Chunky Soup commercials with his Terrel's mother

Gaz
11-29-2000, 08:24 AM
He tried to come back before his body was ready. That is a shame. I like and respect Davis. Hopefully, he will sit out the remainder of the year and heal.

xoxo~
gaz
wondering why crap like this doesn't happen to Deion or Romo.<BR>

kcred
11-29-2000, 08:35 AM
I agree the Donx could have unloaded Gary for some serious draft pick, but they no doubt, had questions about TD, before the season, and definitely had no idea Anderson could do the job. Now with Gary down, he will not command much on the market, and they will have the same questions about both TD and Gary. But as has been stated, just watch the 4th thru 6th rounds, to see who Shanahan wants to be his next feature back. A much better problem, than watching Carl's decision, on which 1st or 2nd, will sit on Gunthers bench, next year.<P>

Ugly Duck
11-29-2000, 08:43 AM
Hey BroncoFan....Seems like no matter who you guys hand the ball to, they put up Davis-like numbers. I'm wondering if "Terrel Davis!" is actually a function of the play of your O-line. It sure would suck for some team to trade for Gary or Anderson and then find out they're not as productive without the Denver front four opening holes for them.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2000, 09:15 AM
Duck... there's no question that Denver's OLine has a lot to do with the success of their RBs. I mean, you couldn't put those guys in behind the Browns' Oline and expect to see those numbers.

However, Shannahan does appear to have a knack for finding RBs and LBs. I just wish someone would help him find a young WR and a couple of guys in the secondary. Deltha looks good, but he was a #1 pick so he is *supposed* to be good, right?<BR>

Phobia
11-29-2000, 09:29 AM
TD didn't have these problems prior to eating all that chunky soup. Neil Smith also had injury problems when he was eating all that chunky soup. I think all the chunks in the soup are causing circulatory problems which lead to injuries taking longer to heal. Personally, I wouldn't eat chunky soup and I wouldn't recommend that chunky stuff to anyone.....

BroncoFan
11-29-2000, 09:38 AM
To clear things up a bit,

Both Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary have been very productive backs behind that Denver offensive line. But, it has been so long since we watched Terrell play without being injured (going on 2 seasons now), that we have forgotten just how dominating TD was when he was healthy. There is no comparison between a healthy TD and Olandis or Mike. Olandis and Mike can give a team a legit running game, make a D play the run, and give credibility to play action. TD can take a team to the superbowl. He IS the reason that Denver won 2 superbowls. You could always count on at least a 100 yard game from TD, and the guy never fumbled.

When he is healthy, it won't take long for all of us to remember how good he was.

Olandis and Mike are good sold players. And that is saying something (look at KC). But, TD was the best player in football when he was healthy.

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 11-29-2000).]

Gaz
11-29-2000, 09:52 AM
BF-

You are close, but still a bit off the mark.

Elway and Davis was the best backfield in football. After Elway's departure, Davis was not nearly as productive before his unfortunate rash of injuries.

Elway and Davis made each other better by their joint presence in the backfield. Alone, neither of them was effective. Together, they were greater than the sum of the parts.

xoxo~
gaz
making just a tiny correction.<BR>

BroncoFan
11-29-2000, 10:22 AM
true

Phobia
11-29-2000, 12:34 PM
Isn't there something to be said for my Chunky Soup hypothesis?

redhed
11-29-2000, 02:27 PM
TD, heal thyself!!! I want to see the 'ol TD again. I don't care who he plays for, the guy was just fun to watch. He runs like no other in the NFL. One *awesome* back.

rh :mad:<P>