PDA

View Full Version : Lelie for Wilson?

Kerberos
06-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Yes I know Dungver would never deal with CP or the Chiefs but I was thinking we could Unload Bigfoot Wilson for a WR.

Lelie on the block?

<Jun. 9> Lelie's failure to report to the Broncos' recent mini-camp further fueled speculation that the team plans to trade the disgruntled wide receiver.
According to the Rocky Mountan News, four teams have expressed interest in Lelie, but the Broncos have made it clear they want more than a late-round draft pick or a backup player in exchange for Lelie. There's also been talk that the Broncos are hoping to package Lelie in a deal that would bring them a tight end in return, writes ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli.

Lelie, who is entering the final year of his contract, forfeited a $100,000 bonus by not participating in Denver's offseason conditioning program. If he follows through on his threat to sit out the season, he'll lose another $1.3 million in salary and bonuses.

Taco John
06-09-2006, 03:20 PM
You might as well be talking about getting a Unicorn for Larry Johnson to ride after touchdowns. That's about as plausible.

Halfcan
06-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Wilson for TO plus they give us a First Rounder!

Woodrow Call
06-09-2006, 03:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-brown060906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

A league source said that the Broncos have been associated with another veteran running back T.J. Duckett of the Atlanta Falcons as part of a potential three-team trade. The deal would also send Broncos wide receiver Ashley Lelie to the New England Patriots and Patriots tight end Daniel Graham to the Falcons, who could also receive a draft choice.

Both Denver and Houston will run offensive schemes that could entice a runner like Brown, who is a straight-head guy with the ability to make one cut and go.

jspchief
06-09-2006, 03:41 PM
You might as well be talking about getting a Unicorn for Larry Johnson to ride after touchdowns. That's about as plausible.oooh. I like the unicorn idea better.

ct
06-09-2006, 03:43 PM

A league source said that the Broncos have been associated with another veteran running back T.J. Duckett of the Atlanta Falcons as part of a potential three-team trade. The deal would also send Broncos wide receiver Ashley Lelie to the New England Patriots and Patriots tight end Daniel Graham to the Falcons, who could also receive a draft choice.

Both Denver and Houston will run offensive schemes that could entice a runner like Brown, who is a straight-head guy with the ability to make one cut and go.

Huh?

Mile High Mania
06-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Archie, I believe Denver declined a deal involving Duckett during the draft.

pr_capone
06-09-2006, 03:45 PM
You might as well be talking about getting a Unicorn for Larry Johnson to ride after touchdowns. That's about as plausible.
ROFL

Woodrow Call
06-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Huh?

The article is discussing Chris Brown prior to this paragragh.

Basileus777
06-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Archie, I believe Denver declined a deal involving Duckett during the draft.

I don't see why Denver would want Duckett when Atlanta is trying to get rid of him because he doesn't fit the zone blocking scheme.

Fish
06-09-2006, 03:54 PM
I really don't think Wilson is a bad player..... the kid has some great hands....

He's like that fandangled new power toy in the toolbox that looks cool as hell, except you're not sure what you do with it......

penchief
06-09-2006, 03:58 PM
I know this grates against the conventional wisdom but I think Wilson has something to offer this team. Considering that very few of our drafted players have been adequately developed (IMO) I think Wilson can still turn out to be a major contributor.

I like his natural pass-catching ability. I like the way he catches passes with his hands in full stride. I like his speed and size. To me, he's ideal for catching passes over the middle. He doesn't have Tony's size or leaping ability but he does have something that Tony doesn't have which is the ability to catch those pass over the middle and take them to the house. He has attributes that could make him a dangerous weapon given that we have a quarterback that can hit him in full stride, which we do. Even our QBOTF has that ability.

While Lelie for Wilson would seem like a lopsided trade at this point I wouldn't underestimate the Rat's ability to see what Wilson has to offer.

Taco John
06-09-2006, 04:02 PM
I don't see why Denver would want Duckett when Atlanta is trying to get rid of him because he doesn't fit the zone blocking scheme.

We could use him as a goal line threat.

jspchief
06-09-2006, 04:06 PM
I know this grates against the conventional wisdom but I think Wilson has something to offer this team. Considering that very few of our drafted players have been adequately developed (IMO) I think Wilson can still turn out to be a major contributor.

I like his natural pass-catching ability. I like the way he catches passes with his hands in full stride. I like his speed and size. To me, he's ideal for catching passes over the middle. He doesn't have Tony's size or leaping ability but he does have something that Tony doesn't have which is the ability to catch those pass over the middle and take them to the house. He has attributes that could make him a dangerous weapon given that we have a quarterback that can hit him in full stride, which we do. Even our QBOTF has that ability.

While Lelie for Wilson would seem like a lopsided trade at this point I wouldn't underestimate the Rat's ability to see what Wilson has to offer.I don't think he's as fast as advertised. IMO, that's the reason he's not getting on the field. He's not the matchup nightmare that Saunders invisioned because he doesn't have the speed. Also, so far he's been incapable of blocking well. Teams know when he's on the field that he's not going to stay in and block, so they can adjust their personnel to put a nickel on him.

I also think he'll be useless in our offense now that Saunders is gone. I don't expect Solari or Edwards to have any great desire to use gimmick players.

NaptownChief
06-09-2006, 04:06 PM
I really don't think Wilson is a bad player..... the kid has some great hands....

I'm not saying he doesn't necessarily have nice hands but it would be really tough for me to draw any conclusion whatsoever on a guys hands that have caught a grand total of 3 balls in his two year career.

vailpass
06-09-2006, 04:09 PM

ROFL That is a hilarious mental image.

blueballs
06-09-2006, 04:13 PM
did he not have a broken leg
that takes time to heal

noa
06-09-2006, 04:16 PM
I really hope Wilson can contribute to the team, but I have to wonder about the Chiefs' confidence in him since they were entertaining the prospect of signing Kyle Turley as a TE.

Also, a trade between the Donkeys and Falcons for Duckett doesn't make much sense to me because the Donkeys already have Ron Dayne. I guess Shanarat really wants to get rid of Lelie, but still, why not try to get a player you actually need?

Mile High Mania
06-09-2006, 04:27 PM
I really hope Wilson can contribute to the team, but I have to wonder about the Chiefs' confidence in him since they were entertaining the prospect of signing Kyle Turley as a TE.

Also, a trade between the Donkeys and Falcons for Duckett doesn't make much sense to me because the Donkeys already have Ron Dayne. I guess Shanarat really wants to get rid of Lelie, but still, why not try to get a player you actually need?

That's why they declined the offer weeks ago...

If they want a TE... make a trade with TN... some team with something to offer. Then again, Lelie would be behind Bennett and Givens... he'd still be unhappy.

Lelie to Chicago for Thomas Jones? I'm interested... they sure as hell could use a guy to saddle up with Muhsin.

Lelie has to know that he's not going to be a #1 for any team at this point ... he's a good (not great) #2 right now to a team looking to make a deal.

Hell, what does Washington have to offer... they like getting bent over by Shanahan in trades.

penchief
06-09-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't think he's as fast as advertised. IMO, that's the reason he's not getting on the field. He's not the matchup nightmare that Saunders invisioned because he doesn't have the speed. Also, so far he's been incapable of blocking well. Teams know when he's on the field that he's not going to stay in and block, so they can adjust their personnel to put a nickel on him.

I also think he'll be useless in our offense now that Saunders is gone. I don't expect Solari or Edwards to have any great desire to use gimmick players.

Considering his broken leg, those are all good points. I'm just not ready to give up on him based soley on the film I've seen where he did appear to have special abilities.

Valiant
06-09-2006, 05:57 PM

ahha, like Denver would want to make Pats better, and why would the Falcons want to get rid of Duckett, he is there goalline back and TD stud... This is a pure fantasy move here..

Valiant
06-09-2006, 05:59 PM
That's why they declined the offer weeks ago...

If they want a TE... make a trade with TN... some team with something to offer. Then again, Lelie would be behind Bennett and Givens... he'd still be unhappy.

Lelie to Chicago for Thomas Jones? I'm interested... they sure as hell could use a guy to saddle up with Muhsin.

Lelie has to know that he's not going to be a #1 for any team at this point ... he's a good (not great) #2 right now to a team looking to make a deal.

Hell, what does Washington have to offer... they like getting bent over by Shanahan in trades.

As sad as it is, he would be a #1 on our team...

Mile High Mania
06-09-2006, 06:56 PM
I think Lelie could do great things in the KC offense... hell, I think he can do great things in Denver's offense. He has a lot of things to work on with his game, right now it's his attitude. And, I understand him being pissed that Rod isn't giving up the #1 spot... and that they traded for Walker (same age, potentially much better) in Lelie's "contract year".

I'm still of the opinion that teams pay for potential, especially in the NFL's pass happy era. So, even if Lelie flames out in Denver this year... let's say he gets 30 catches for 600 yards and 4 TDs.

His age, potential and season from a few years ago will still attract a huge contract from a team next offseason.