PDA

View Full Version : NFL Quarterbacks On The Hotseat

Donger
06-09-2006, 03:53 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0606/gallery.qbhotlist/content.1.html?cnn=yes

1. Jake Plummer

He had a strong 2005 season but couldn't get the job done against the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game. Although he's clearly No. 1, there are whispers that the team isn't thrilled with him and that first-round pick Jay Cutler is the future of the franchise. If the Broncos struggle, they may turn to the future sooner than expected.

What do you guys think? What are the chances that Cutler steps in?

blueballs
06-09-2006, 03:55 PM
he will run over
Cutler in the parking lot
Chief fans smile

StcChief
06-09-2006, 03:57 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0606/gallery.qbhotlist/content.1.html?cnn=yes

1. Jake Plummer

He had a strong 2005 season but couldn't get the job done against the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game. Although he's clearly No. 1, there are whispers that the team isn't thrilled with him and that first-round pick Jay Cutler is the future of the franchise. If the Broncos struggle, they may turn to the future sooner than expected.

If Jake the Fake has problems in too many games...yes

More like not this year. He's still just good enough to stay on the field.

If They get up on somebody 3 scores, they will give cutler his shots.

jspchief
06-09-2006, 03:59 PM
I think Plummer is on a pretty long leash this year. He'll really have to f*ck up to get yanked.

But I also think that Denver has every intention of getting Cutler on the field the minute they believe he's ready. You don't make all those moves to get a QB if you like the one you've got.

cdcox
06-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Taco in to explain how Jake is very comparable to Green and maybe even better in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

vailpass
06-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Jake is the starter. He is coming off of a season that saw them one win away from the SB.
The last thing they want to do is rush Cutler in. He has the luxury of watching and learning and getting in at the end of games to get some PT.

Next year is Plummer's last year unless he wins the SB.

cdcox
06-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Next year is Plummer's last year unless he wins the SB.

Could have stopped after "year".

ChiefFripp
06-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Plummer is entertaining I'll give him that, you never know when he's going to look like a badass or just an ass.

FringeNC
06-09-2006, 04:17 PM
It's going to be a tough season for Jake. The fans will just be waiting for him to screw up so they can see the new guy.

I actually think Cutler could probably come in and do okay. Not much is asked of the Denver qb, at least with Plummer at the helm. Plummer was absolutely terrible in obvious passing downs if you look at his splits.

If I were a Denver fan, I'd want Cutler starting from the get go. Plummer simply isn't good enough to get it done when it matters. Give Plummer the lead, let him pass on running downs, and he'll put up some decent stats, but not good enough to win in the playoffs, so why not give Cutler a shot?

vailpass
06-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Could have stopped after "year".

nlm ROFL

vailpass
06-09-2006, 04:20 PM
It's going to be a tough season for Jake. The fans will just be waiting for him to screw up so they can see the new guy.

I actually think Cutler could probably come in and do okay. Not much is asked of the Denver qb, at least with Plummer at the helm. Plummer was absolutely terrible in obvious passing downs if you look at his splits.

If I were a Denver fan, I'd want Cutler starting from the get go. Plummer simply isn't good enough to get it done when it matters. Give Plummer the lead, let him pass on running downs, and he'll put up some decent stats, but not good enough to win in the playoffs, so why not give Cutler a shot?

I agree that Cutler is th future in Denver however to be fair to Jake I have to say:

1) Playoff success is a barometer no Chiefs fan should feel comfortable using
:p
2) He was one game away from the SB last year and it wasn't the offense that lost to Pittsburgh.

Halfcan
06-09-2006, 09:54 PM
I would love to see Gay Cutler make his debut at Arrowhead! We will give him the Ryan Leaf welcome!

BIG K
06-09-2006, 10:02 PM
I would love to see Gay Cutler make his debut at Arrowhead! We will give him the Ryan Leaf welcome!

That was a great game for the Chief's defense!!!...And pretty much the end of Leaf's career if I remember correctly....! Rep!

Jesus
06-09-2006, 10:04 PM

1. Jake Plummer

Jake the Fake.....even his affair with the moderator of that Bronco fan board isn't going to save his butt. Not even in Denver.

Halfcan
06-09-2006, 10:06 PM
That was a great game for the Chief's defense!!!...And pretty much the end of Leaf's career if I remember correctly....! Rep!

Yeah, it is was one of my favorite games I have attended at Arrowhead.

BIG K
06-09-2006, 10:10 PM

You so suck! I would give my friends left nut to attend a game at Arrowhead. One day, I will leave Cali and attend a game.....with my friends left nut if I have to.......

milkman
06-09-2006, 10:21 PM

So you think it's going to be a few years before Cutler makes his debut, huh?

Cause this defense sure as hell isn't up to giving him the same treatment that Leaf received.

Halfcan
06-09-2006, 10:42 PM
You so suck! I would give my friends left nut to attend a game at Arrowhead. One day, I will leave Cali and attend a game.....with my friends left nut if I have to.......

After seeing a hundred plus games there they kind of blend together. But a few will always stand out.

DT gets the single game sack record-Seahags

The flood game against NE.

Chiefs D welcomes Steve Young to Arrowhead.

And every time we beat the Donks and Raiders-especially Dantes big return game.

Atlanta gives up 8 TD's to our running game.

Halfcan
06-09-2006, 10:43 PM
So you think it's going to be a few years before Cutler makes his debut, huh?

Cause this defense sure as hell isn't up to giving him the same treatment that Leaf received.

Gun will turn it around this year-we still have Scanlon and Simms afterall.

jlscorpio
06-10-2006, 12:31 PM
and boomer

Ultra Peanut
06-10-2006, 12:35 PM
PASEY CRINTERS WILL BE STARTING BY WEEK THREE

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2006, 03:36 PM

didn't Leaf throw 6 interceptions? I remember that beating..it was awesome! I was watching something about Leaf on the nfl network and I guess he's a QB coach at a very small college in south dakota or montana or something..