PDA

View Full Version : Hey, New Zealand...how about a reach around...

T-post Tom
06-09-2006, 08:56 PM
if you're going to fug us like that? Deported? WTF?

New Zealand alleges 9/11 link in deporting terror suspect
Rayed Mohammed Abdullah Ali 'was building up his flying hours'

Friday, June 9, 2006; Posted: 9:05 p.m. EDT (01:05 GMT)

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- A Yemeni national who the New Zealand government says had a direct link with terrorists involved in the September 11 terrorist attacks on the United States has been deported because he was a threat to national security, the government announced Saturday.

Rayed Mohammed Abdullah Ali was deported because his continued presence in New Zealand posed a security threat, Immigration Minister David Cunliffe said in a statement.

"He was directly associated with persons responsible for the terrorist attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001," Cunliffe said.

He said the congressional investigation into the attacks said Rayed Abdullah had lived and trained with Saudi Arabian Hani Hanjour, who piloted the airliner that crashed into the Pentagon.

Rayed Abdullah was deported to Saudi Arabia on May 30, a day after he was arrested in the North Island city of Palmerston North where he was undertaking airplane pilot flight training, the minister said.

"He was building up his flying hours flying with an instructor. He'd previously trained as a pilot in the United States," Cunliffe said. He said Rayed Abdullah's real identity had become known only after he arrived in New Zealand.

ChiefaRoo
06-09-2006, 09:00 PM
if you're going to fug us like that? Deported? WTF?

New Zealand alleges 9/11 link in deporting terror suspect
Rayed Mohammed Abdullah Ali 'was building up his flying hours'

Friday, June 9, 2006; Posted: 9:05 p.m. EDT (01:05 GMT)

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- A Yemeni national who the New Zealand government says had a direct link with terrorists involved in the September 11 terrorist attacks on the United States has been deported because he was a threat to national security, the government announced Saturday.

Rayed Mohammed Abdullah Ali was deported because his continued presence in New Zealand posed a security threat, Immigration Minister David Cunliffe said in a statement.

"He was directly associated with persons responsible for the terrorist attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001," Cunliffe said.

He said the congressional investigation into the attacks said Rayed Abdullah had lived and trained with Saudi Arabian Hani Hanjour, who piloted the airliner that crashed into the Pentagon.

Rayed Abdullah was deported to Saudi Arabia on May 30, a day after he was arrested in the North Island city of Palmerston North where he was undertaking airplane pilot flight training, the minister said.

"He was building up his flying hours flying with an instructor. He'd previously trained as a pilot in the United States," Cunliffe said. He said Rayed Abdullah's real identity had become known only after he arrived in New Zealand.

Dude, I bet this has already been worked out between NZ, Saudi and the US. NZ and the US have laws but in Saudi they'll hang this guy by his sack until he gives up any info. he knows.

It's a good deal. Looks good in the papers and lets us get the info. without violating our law. Hardball to be true but I believe this is how it works.

T-post Tom
06-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Dude, I bet this has already been worked out between NZ, Saudi and the US. NZ and the US have laws but in Saudi they'll hang this guy by his sack until he gives up any info. he knows.

It's a good deal. Looks good in the papers and lets us get the info. without violating our law. Hardball to be true but I believe this is how it works.

Nice theory. I've never seen anything to support it though. Hope you're right. Personally, I have very little faith in the Saudi government's ability to prosecute the war on terrorism.

ChiefaRoo
06-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Nice theory. I've never seen anything to support it though. Hope you're right. Personally, I have very little faith in the Saudi government's ability to prosecute the war on terrorism.

I don't think they do much prosecuting either but I do believe they will hang the occasional guy up by his nuts to help us out. I mean it's no big deal for them.

KC Jones
06-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Ever since Al Queda pretty much declared war on the house of saud and started blowing shit up in Saudi Arabia, we've had great cooperation from them.

T-post Tom
06-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Ever since Al Queda pretty much declared war on the house of saud and started blowing shit up in Saudi Arabia, we've had great cooperation from them.

Apparently, that's not what Congress thinks...

Friday, June 9, 2006; 3:17 PM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The House of Representatives on Friday took a symbolic jab at Saudi Arabia, accusing the kingdom of fueling religious extremism and violence, as it passed a $21.3 billion foreign aid bill.

The bill for next fiscal year, which is $600 million above the current level but $2.4 billion less than President George W. Bush sought, cleared the House easily on a 373-34 vote. The Senate has not yet taken up its version of the bill.

Decrying Saudi Arabia for teaching intolerance and financing terrorism, lawmakers voted 312-97 to cut the $420,000 the oil-rich kingdom receives to participate in U.S.-backed military and counter-terrorism training.

"I hope my colleagues send a strong signal symbolically that enough is enough," said Rep. Joseph Crowley, a New York Democrat.

The funds are intended to provide classroom space and pay for experts to help train counter-terrorism police.

Rep. Jim Kolbe, an Arizona Republican, said the measure would hurt efforts to foster Saudi Arabia as a partner in fighting terrorism. But his was a lonely voice.

Congress has passed similar measures in the past, but Bush has used a waiver to clear the funds to Saudi Arabia.

In other action on the bill, lawmakers voted 229-174 against a measure to cut $30 million from $545 million in counter-narcotics funds for Colombia.

Critics said the cut was needed to show displeasure at Columbia's failure to reduce coca production and continued alleged human rights abuses by its military.

But other lawmakers said Colombia has made big strides in quelling violence in the country long wracked by a guerrilla war funded largely by the drug trade.

"This is not the time to send the signal that we do not believe that Colombia is doing what it needs to be doing," Kolbe said.

Among other measures in the bill are $3.4 billion to fight global AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria; $2 billion for the Millennium Challenge Corporation that offers aid to countries that make economic and political reforms; $522 million for stabilization efforts in Iraq, and $962 million in aid to Afghanistan.

ChiefaRoo
06-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Apparently, that's not what Congress thinks...

Friday, June 9, 2006; 3:17 PM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The House of Representatives on Friday took a symbolic jab at Saudi Arabia, accusing the kingdom of fueling religious extremism and violence, as it passed a $21.3 billion foreign aid bill.

The bill for next fiscal year, which is $600 million above the current level but $2.4 billion less than President George W. Bush sought, cleared the House easily on a 373-34 vote. The Senate has not yet taken up its version of the bill.

Decrying Saudi Arabia for teaching intolerance and financing terrorism, lawmakers voted 312-97 to cut the $420,000 the oil-rich kingdom receives to participate in U.S.-backed military and counter-terrorism training.

"I hope my colleagues send a strong signal symbolically that enough is enough," said Rep. Joseph Crowley, a New York Democrat.

The funds are intended to provide classroom space and pay for experts to help train counter-terrorism police.

Rep. Jim Kolbe, an Arizona Republican, said the measure would hurt efforts to foster Saudi Arabia as a partner in fighting terrorism. But his was a lonely voice.

Congress has passed similar measures in the past, but Bush has used a waiver to clear the funds to Saudi Arabia.

In other action on the bill, lawmakers voted 229-174 against a measure to cut $30 million from $545 million in counter-narcotics funds for Colombia.

Critics said the cut was needed to show displeasure at Columbia's failure to reduce coca production and continued alleged human rights abuses by its military.

But other lawmakers said Colombia has made big strides in quelling violence in the country long wracked by a guerrilla war funded largely by the drug trade.

"This is not the time to send the signal that we do not believe that Colombia is doing what it needs to be doing," Kolbe said.

Among other measures in the bill are $3.4 billion to fight global AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria; $2 billion for the Millennium Challenge Corporation that offers aid to countries that make economic and political reforms; $522 million for stabilization efforts in Iraq, and $962 million in aid to Afghanistan.

Saudi Arabia both helps us and hurts us depending on which member of their Royal family is in the room. For them it's all about staying in power and keeping their Islamofascist element happy while at the same time working with the US on a number of items. They're a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll :)

T-post Tom
06-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Saudi Arabia both helps us and hurts us depending on which member of their Royal family is in the room. For them it's all about staying in power and keeping their Islamofascist element happy while at the same time working with the US on a number of items. They're a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll :)

On that I'll agree. And that's what makes them so dangerous. They're ultimate goal is to stay in power. bin Laden gets them by the short hairs and they're selling us down the river.

StcChief
06-09-2006, 09:46 PM
They're a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll

They are bit too country for my test. Deep south hoser
sqweel like a pig . Deliverance hoser.

ChiefaRoo
06-09-2006, 09:51 PM
On that I'll agree. And that's what makes them so dangerous. They're ultimate goal is to stay in power. bin Laden gets them by the short hairs and they're selling us down the river.

Yep, welcome to the world of hardball politics. Here's something to cheer everyone up

Lyrics for: What A Wonderful World

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself,what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself, I'm glad our government and military kicks ass so they won't blow up my home.