PDA

View Full Version : Elk goes SPLAT!

DenverChief
06-10-2006, 01:34 AM
Okay it was more like a thud....I was driving one of our prisoners to the hospital in a county vehicle (Excursion) when lo and behold a ginormous Elk decides to cross the front of my vehicle at approx 45-50 MPH...it was the most disgusting sound I have hever heard as I drug him under the vehicle....the impact didn't feel bad but the damage to the Excurion was tremendous I mean it crushed the passenger front of the vehicle....I almost crapped myself when the Sheriff showed up

Cntrygal
06-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Good thing you weren't driving one of those small "great on fuel" cars.

Seriously, glad you're okay. :)

REDHOTGTO
06-10-2006, 08:02 AM
shame on you, killing a poor defensless elk!!!! ROFL
we see elk all over in estes park every year we go up there, i am amazed more people dont hit them like we hit deer down here, maybe they do and we just dont know, glad you made it out ok

ChiefsFire
06-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Okay it was more like a thud....I was driving one of our prisoners to the hospital in a county vehicle (Excursion) when lo and behold a ginormous Elk decides to cross the front of my vehicle at approx 45-50 MPH...it was the most disgusting sound I have hever heard as I drug him under the vehicle....the impact didn't feel bad but the damage to the Excurion was tremendous I mean it crushed the passenger front of the vehicle....I almost crapped myself when the Sheriff showed up

did you see those pics of the one that ended up in the passenger compartment of the vehicle after it was hit??

damn thing lived,they sedated it,and fire/rescue had to extricate it....it died

HC_Chief
06-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Holy hell, that's a big animal to run into! lol

Glad you're a'ight :thumb:

JBucc
06-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Damn I've hit deer that destroyed the front of my car, I can't imagine hitting an elk.

Bowser
06-10-2006, 11:37 AM

StcChief
06-10-2006, 12:11 PM
So did you field dress it and tie it to the squad car take it back to be processed.

Elks steaks sound good. or even just grind it for sausage

Rain Man
06-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Yikes. Elk are enormous.

I was driving in my little BMW up west of Golden a little while back, and a herd of them were on the side of the road. The male's stomach was above the doorline of my car.

Did you hit a male or a female?

cdcox
06-10-2006, 02:57 PM

I was wondering when we'd see photos of Plummer's road rage incident.

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Damn I've hit deer that did destroyed the front of my car, I can't imagine hitting an elk.

fwiw, I didn't steal your avatar :) I saw it on madden mania and went for it

Psyko Tek
06-10-2006, 04:13 PM
fwiw, I didn't steal your avatar :) I saw it on madden mania and went for it

NOOOOOOO
cover boy jinx
we're screwt

DenverChief
06-10-2006, 06:06 PM
So did you field dress it and tie it to the squad car take it back to be processed.

Elks steaks sound good. or even just grind it for sausageNah it was pretty well messed up after being dragged under my vehilce for about 30 yards and then being run over by the car behind me pobably had lots of gravel in it ...ick

DenverChief
06-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Yikes. Elk are enormous.

I was driving in my little BMW up west of Golden a little while back, and a herd of them were on the side of the road. The male's stomach was above the doorline of my car.

Did you hit a male or a female?I'm guessing it was a male...the top of his back was as high as the hood on the excursion and it is up on 33'' tires...I'm pretty sure his rack was as tall as the top of the truck

JBucc
06-10-2006, 08:49 PM
fwiw, I didn't steal your avatar :) I saw it on madden mania and went for itWha! How dare you! Bob Dole ban him now!:cuss: