PDA

View Full Version : Another Ty Law rumor

Carlota69
06-10-2006, 01:36 PM
I know I know, another Ty Law thread--BUT---

My friend, Bill Gerski, owner of the KC bar here in Vegas, is real good buddies with the Marketing Director for the Chiefs. In fact the guy, and I think his name is Jim (I can't rememeber) came to the KC bar this past season and hung out with us. Bill is also on the KAnsas City Chiefs First down for Downsyndrome board (FWTW)

Anyways, the rumor from this dude is--

Ty Law is hanging out in KC alot
He wants to play for Herm
He lives next door to Surtain ( in Miami), who is constantly in his ear about playing with Herm, the number 1 offense, and the two of them dominating the backfield.

The Marketing guy for KC said he wouldn't be surprised if TY signs in the next 2 weeks, as long as Carl comes up in price and TY comes down and they meet in the middle. Yada Yada yada

I know I know--my friend knows a friend who knows this guys cousin who slept with Ty Law's long lost sister and she told her hairdresser....

But it's a little rumor floating around and I thought I would share it. We'll see what happens...

StcChief
06-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Sounds as plausable as anything....

the Kicker is Carl coming up in price....Law coming down in price.

I'm sure Surtain is on him...to play his last years in KC
with him.

If he's been in KC alot, must be incoginito or somebody would have spotted him.

BWillie
06-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Can you imagine us having two great corners at the same time? I sure can't. I try, but I can't. Maybe God will have pity on our defense and let us get some players.

Ebolapox
06-10-2006, 01:55 PM
apparently Bwillie forgot the days of dale carter and james hasty, not to mention albert lewis (partially dead to me due to his raiderness) and kevin ross

tk13
06-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Can you imagine us having two great corners at the same time? I sure can't. I try, but I can't. Maybe God will have pity on our defense and let us get some players.
If we don't get a better pass rush it'll just be wasted money.

Gonzo
06-10-2006, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=Carlota69]
as long as Carl comes up in price
QUOTE]

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Vegas_Dave
06-10-2006, 02:03 PM
I know I know, another Ty Law thread--BUT---

My friend, Bill Gerski, owner of the KC bar here in Vegas, is real good buddies with the Marketing Director for the Chiefs. In fact the guy, and I think his name is Jim (I can't rememeber) came to the KC bar this past season and hung out with us. Bill is also on the KAnsas City Chiefs First down for Downsyndrome board (FWTW)

Anyways, the rumor from this dude is--

Ty Law is hanging out in KC alot
He wants to play for Herm
He lives next door to Surtain ( in Miami), who is constantly in his ear about playing with Herm, the number 1 offense, and the two of them dominating the backfield.

The Marketing guy for KC said he wouldn't be surprised if TY signs in the next 2 weeks, as long as Carl comes up in price and TY comes down and they meet in the middle. Yada Yada yada

I know I know--my friend knows a friend who knows this guys cousin who slept with Ty Law's long lost sister and she told her hairdresser....

But it's a little rumor floating around and I thought I would share it. We'll see what happens...

Cool. Bill is a great guy and runs a GREAT bar. Any Chiefs fan who comes to Vegas should stop in there.

Valiant
06-10-2006, 02:33 PM

Unless we get some pressure on the QB it would not matter if we had four probowlers back there, they would still get thrown on...

BWillie
06-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Unless we get some pressure on the QB it would not matter if we had four probowlers back there, they would still get thrown on...

I didn't think we had a horrible QB rush last year, statisticallywise we did. 25th in sacks I believe (year before that 7th), not sure what hurrieds was but we blitz the shit outta people alot of times under Gunther. We would get burned big time from overpersuing. That was the real flaw with our young linebackers. How many times do you remember bringing the house only to see the QB dump it off to a RB or something for a 20 yard gain. I've never been sold on Gunther since he's came back to KC. In my opinion we should of kept Saunders and got rid of Gunther..

RedThat
06-10-2006, 03:05 PM

I agree. The pass rush MUST improve.

Having 2 solid corners with a pass rush will give this defense a new dimension
that has been missing since the great days of Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, James Hasty, and Dale Carter.

*I hope Tamba Hali becomes a good football player.

StcChief
06-10-2006, 03:11 PM
I agree. The pass rush MUST improve.

Having 2 solid corners with a pass rush will give this defense a new dimension
that has been missing since the great days of Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, James Hasty, and Dale Carter.

*I hope Tamba Hali becomes a good football player.
And DT Reed,Edwards...we know what we got there already....
Fat Sims, Spithood Savaii , Dalton,Browning getting long in the tooth

Mr. Laz
06-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I didn't think we had a horrible QB rush last year, statisticallywise we did. 25th in sacks I believe (year before that 7th), not sure what hurrieds was but we blitz the shit outta people alot of times under Gunther...

chicken or the egg...

good pass rush helps coverage ... good coverage helps pass rush

same goes for our defensive line ...... do our defensive ends suck because of our tackles or do our tackles suck because the offensive can double them because our Ends suck.

i think if we can get 1 area that dominates it may start a domino effect and the whole defense could show dramatic improvement.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-10-2006, 03:22 PM
there was an article a little while back that said Ty Law spends the off season in St. Louis working out with, an olympic sprinter? So it wouldn't be much of a hop for him to be hanging around KC

Reerun_KC
06-10-2006, 04:38 PM

How about Ross and Lewis, or Carter and Hasty?

Just a thought?

Mecca
06-10-2006, 04:40 PM

Just a thought?

Carter and Hasty was 8 years ago.......Hell I barely remember Ross and Lewis. Not everyone who posts here is really old to remember all these things.

Cochise
06-10-2006, 04:42 PM
There was just some talk on 810 that the conversations between Law and the Patriots are getting more serious, and that if it weren't for their unwillingness to pay his asking price he might be signed there already. The way it sounded, I doubt if we are going to be able to pull him in.

Rain Man
06-10-2006, 04:44 PM
My big hopes on the pass rush are:

1. Hali provides a two-down pass rush, at least.

2. Carlos Hall comes back and gives us a good designated pass rusher. He was nicked up all last year, but I liked what I saw of him when he was "on".

Reerun_KC
06-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Carter and Hasty was 8 years ago.......Hell I barely remember Ross and Lewis. Not everyone who posts here is really old to remember all these things.

Well it hasnt been that long ago since we had a dominate defense and a offense that could be stopped by the any of the local HS teams..

Well some of us remember the days of Cherry, Burrus, Ross and Lewis.

KingPriest2
06-10-2006, 04:53 PM

So what you are saying is 30 is really old

Mecca
06-10-2006, 05:04 PM
So what you are saying is 30 is really old

No......I'm 25, I'm just saying I don't think alot of us paid extreme attention to detail with the game of football when were were 12 years old.

BWillie
06-10-2006, 05:06 PM

Just a thought?

I was talking about recent Chiefs history in the bad defense era. Sheesh people. I never said the Chiefs have never had good corners, I just said I can't imagine us getting two good corners because it's been a while. And it has.

PastorMikH
06-10-2006, 05:21 PM
What I find somewhat interesting is that last season Carl kept putting Law off because he didn't want to spend the money until he knew Law's ankle would be fine. After playing on it a season and showing that he is healed, Carl still doesn't want to give Law the $.

Sign Law and Wesley becomes the only weak link in our Pro Bowl secondary. That would go a long way to helping our pathetic D-line.

PastorMikH
06-10-2006, 05:22 PM

Just a thought?

Don't forget Warfield/Bartee.:thumb::thumb::):)

milkman
06-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Well it hasnt been that long ago since we had a dominate defense and a offense that could be stopped by the any of the local HS teams..

Well some of us remember the days of Cherry, Burrus, Ross and Lewis.

Hell, some of us remember the days of Thomas, Marsalis, Kearney, and Robinson.

sedated
06-10-2006, 06:51 PM
blah, blah, ty law, blah, blah

I'll only believe it when Nick Athan says so

Guru
06-10-2006, 06:52 PM
blah, blah, ty law, blah, blah

I'll only believe it when Nick Athan says so

Ty who?

Chief Chief
06-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Last year around this time, Tony Gonzalez and Priest Holmes were bending the ear of Ty Law to get him to sign with KC. Talk is cheap and money isn't, but I never heard any news whatsoever of those two Chiefs (or any other big-money player on the team) offering to re-do their contract to free up some $$ so Carl could sign Law.

In the off-season after Priest was the #1 RB with the most yards gained, didn't he threaten to hold out from training camp and possibly the season unless Carl gave him a bonus for his running success? You would have thought Priest would have done the honorable thing instead and fired his agent for not having any such bonus incentives already written in his contract. I believe it was $6 million that Carl tossed to Priest to make him happy once again.

Since then, Priest has missed sizable chunks of the past 2 seasons and lost his spot as the #1 RB on the team.

The bottom line: You just got to wonder about those prime-time players who always cry when they miss the post-season and say they're pleading with top-name free agents to sign with the Chiefs, yet aren't willing to give up some money so that the team can sign them.

sedated
06-10-2006, 06:58 PM
We have $9 million in cap room.

the problem is carl being cheap, not the cap

Ebolapox
06-10-2006, 06:59 PM

hell, I'm 23 and I remember ross and lewis... it isn't age necessarily

KingPriest2
06-10-2006, 08:03 PM
No......I'm 25, I'm just saying I don't think alot of us paid extreme attention to detail with the game of football when were were 12 years old.

There are people out there. but you can't say that they are reallly old which they are not. You are making it sound like it is ancient history.

Ugly Duck
06-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Can you imagine us having two great corners at the same time? I sure can't. Me neither.

Rausch
06-10-2006, 10:00 PM

It works both ways.

Hell, the Steelers got tore up by the damned Lions last year because they have sub-par corners. And they've got a pretty damned good pash rush.

People also forget the Chargers game where we were getting a good rush and Brees would just lob it deep towards McCleon on 3rd and 50 and still convert.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2006, 10:04 PM

bullshit

sedated
06-10-2006, 10:07 PM
just lob it deep towards McCleon on 3rd and 50 and still convert.

I can picture so many coaches just telling their QB, "Throw it directly at 22, on their team. just throw it at him.

Rausch
06-10-2006, 10:10 PM
I can picture so many coaches just telling their QB, "Throw it directly at 22, on their team. just throw it at him.

By the 3rd quarter is was so obvious it was sickening...

KCBOSS1
06-10-2006, 10:17 PM

My 12 year old does definitely. He would probably post on Chiefs planet if I would let him.....but I don't want him to be educated that quickly if you know what I mean.

J Diddy
06-10-2006, 10:30 PM
My 12 year old does definitely. He would probably post on Chiefs planet if I would let him.....but I don't want him to be educated that quickly if you know what I mean.

yep you should shelter him, that's always worked with catholic girls

Rausch
06-10-2006, 10:31 PM
yep you should shelter him, that's always worked with catholic girls

Or boys...