PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm starting to like soccer...

Thig Lyfe
06-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Help me...

StcChief
06-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Go get a Pint or two of good beer and forget you said that

memyselfI
06-10-2006, 02:28 PM
What is not to like... :clap:

Bwana
06-10-2006, 03:23 PM

JBucc
06-10-2006, 03:25 PM
I tried watching a game yesterday. All it did was remind me of how boring it is.

Ultra Peanut
06-10-2006, 03:25 PM
OMG FAGGOT

Spicy McHaggis
06-10-2006, 03:27 PM
What is not to like... :clap:

overrated

Ultra Peanut
06-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Gooch sayeth:

BWillie
06-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I tried to watch that Ecuador game. I really did try to like it. Unfortunately I had to keep switching back to the Nadal tennis match because it was so much more exciting. I think I'll watch the end of the game when the US plays but thats about it.

Gonzo
06-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Soccer is for commies.

Ultra Peanut
06-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I tried to watch that Ecuador game.That one sucked. Just... flat-out sucked. Poland pooped in their hats.

memyselfI
06-10-2006, 04:12 PM
overrated

Agreed, on the pitch, he is. But off...

:drool:

Rain Man
06-10-2006, 04:16 PM
I was in Europe a couple of years back on a vacation, and while we were resting in a hotel room, the only thing on was a soccer game. I watched it and actually found it rather interesting. I think there's something in the air in Europe that caused it, because I now look back upon that little episode with shame and disgust.

Ultra Peanut
06-10-2006, 04:19 PM
I was in Europe a couple of years back on a vacation, and while we were resting in a hotel room, the only thing on was a soccer game. I watched it and actually found it rather interesting.FREE YOUR MIND NEO

Calcountry
06-10-2006, 04:21 PM
World Cup soccer is played at a high enough level, that it is entertaining to a marginal fan. Kind of like the difference between regular season NBA, and NBA playoffs.

Mecca
06-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I tried to watch that Ecuador game. I really did try to like it. Unfortunately I had to keep switching back to the Nadal tennis match because it was so much more exciting. I think I'll watch the end of the game when the US plays but thats about it.

I'm not a big soccer fan but I'd rather watch it than tennis. Tennis, Golf, Bowling, Nascar, I find all of them to be even more boring than soccer is.

ChiefsFire
06-10-2006, 04:30 PM
turn on the NFL network....STAT!!!!!

StcChief
06-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Like watching Fly's Fu#$.....

Boring as hell.

ENDelt260
06-10-2006, 06:51 PM
World Cup soccer is played at a high enough level, that it is entertaining to a marginal fan. Kind of like the difference between regular season NBA, and NBA playoffs.
The NBA playoffs disgust me. They make me glad I don't watch the regular season.

Taco John
06-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Football and Baseball are all I need.

sedated
06-10-2006, 06:59 PM
there's nothing wrong with soccer

...if you're 8 years old

memyselfI
06-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Football and Baseball are all I need.

How sad for you...

today has been a great day with three World Cup matches and now the Stanley Cup. All in HD.

Outstanding athletes competing at the highest levels in soccer and hockey and you'd rather watch game 146 out of a 762 game season of baseball????

memyselfI
06-10-2006, 07:03 PM

Don't you mean the NBA playoffs and the Final Four. :hmmm:

sedated
06-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Don't you mean the NBA playoffs and the Final Four. :hmmm:

college basketball is good year around because there is still passion involved.

the NBA is just a bunch of millionares, with their guaranteed contracts, trying to earn that next pay-day (same with baseball).

when I switch back-and-forth between NBA and NCAA b-ball, there is no comparison. crowds going totally ape-shit, versus everyone sitting on their hands

Taco John
06-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm not sad. Soccer bores me to tears... Or at least to sleep.

The Red Sea
06-10-2006, 08:20 PM
"The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it.
If it doesn't move, kick it until it does." -Phil Woosnam

"The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at her should be almost
impossible. It's the biggest sin in soccer to make her do any work." -George Graham

"You'll miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

I'd sooner watch an episode of trading spaces that my wifes had me watch Twice Already than to watch 30 minutes of Soccer!

I'll condense this scary experience I had a couple of weeks ago.

My son as Most 6 yr old boys do fell into a soccer league for kids..all the kids are doin it right?..sigh.

So trying to be a good dad I'd go and of course cheer him on..Nice kick Great..ummm kick..way to ummm run up & down the field....nice kick son!!

So I'm back on the sideline when another father of a child playing walks just past me his cell phone rings..he answers with a Stern HELLO!!?
The caller I'm guessing was his wife & she said something to the effect..What the hells the matter with you!?
Cause the next thing I heard him yell was ..What the hells the matter with ME?!?!
I just heard THE worse thing a Father can hear about his own son!!
She mustve said whats that??
And he said..My Sons the Best player on his team & hes a natural born Soccer player!!

I just chuckled..then my laugh went away as I scanned the 5 mile long field & remembered oh yeah my sons out there too.

I didnt sleep that night in fact I didnt sleep well for over a week.

But Soccer it attracts the little ones till they mature or reach puberty..I guess....I hope!!

Stinger
06-10-2006, 08:37 PM
"The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it.
If it doesn't move, kick it until it does." -Phil Woosnam

"The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at her should be almost
impossible. It's the biggest sin in soccer to make her do any work." -George Graham

"You'll miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

I'd sooner watch an episode of trading spaces that my wifes had me watch Twice Already than to watch 30 minutes of Soccer!

I'll condense this scary experience I had a couple of weeks ago.

My son as Most 6 yr old boys do fell into a soccer league for kids..all the kids are doin it right?..sigh.

So trying to be a good dad I'd go and of course cheer him on..Nice kick Great..ummm kick..way to ummm run up & down the field....nice kick son!!

So I'm back on the sideline when another father of a child playing walks just past me his cell phone rings..he answers with a Stern HELLO!!?
The caller I'm guessing was his wife & she said something to the effect..What the hells the matter with you!?
Cause the next thing I heard him yell was ..What the hells the matter with ME?!?!
I just heard THE worse thing a Father can hear about his own son!!
She mustve said whats that??
And he said..My Sons the Best player on his team & hes a natural born Soccer player!!

I just chuckled..then my laugh went away as I scanned the 5 mile long field & remembered oh yeah my sons out there too.

I didnt sleep that night in fact I didnt sleep well for over a week.

But Soccer it attracts the little ones till they mature or reach puberty..I guess....I hope!!
Wait till a college gives your son a scholorship to play then you will think it is the greatest game in the world.

sedated
06-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Wait till a college gives your son a scholorship to play then you will think it is the greatest game in the world.

ROFL they don't give scholarships for soccer

...do they?

Stinger
06-10-2006, 08:46 PM
ROFL they don't give scholarships for soccer

...do they?

Well if they don't I have alot of explaing to do at the registrars office at my alma mater.

CoMoChief
06-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Soccer is incredibly gay.

BWillie
06-10-2006, 09:00 PM
the NBA is just a bunch of millionares, with their guaranteed contracts, trying to earn that next pay-day (same with baseball).

Yeah, well so are every other pro sport. MLB, NFL, etc. If you believe this then you must hate all sports that pay athletes.

sedated
06-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, well so are every other pro sport. MLB, NFL, etc. If you believe this then you must hate all sports that pay athletes.

no, the NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts, and they have a shorter season, which makes them play with more passion, and gets the fans more involved in every game.

Rausch
06-10-2006, 09:54 PM
If you think both soccer and baseball are boring I can see your point.

If you like baseball and think soccer is boring...I doubt yer' judgement...

Halfcan
06-11-2006, 12:04 AM
If you go to Mexico it is everywhere. On every freakin chanel almost.

greg63
06-11-2006, 12:19 AM
If you go to Mexico it is everywhere. On every freakin chanel almost.

All two of them. :D

svuba
06-11-2006, 01:51 AM
Open minded people who are new to soccer please watch this video, the plays are unbelievable you can't help but get excited.

Attention haters Do not watch this video The plays contained herin are too exciting, and the players are far too atheletic for you to continue your "Soccer is Boring" Defense after you have watched it.

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-2027652629837649817" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" scale="noScale" wmode="window" salign="TL" FlashVars="playerMode=embedded"> </embed>

BWillie
06-11-2006, 01:53 AM
no, the NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts, and they have a shorter season, which makes them play with more passion, and gets the fans more involved in every game.

Yeah but they sure can get massive signing bonuses.

Ultra Peanut
06-11-2006, 02:05 AM
The NBA playoffs disgust me. They make me glad I don't watch the regular season.You should bring back your Ron White sig to go with that av.

I'm not sad. Soccer bores me to tears... Or at least to sleep.AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A BEA--err, person of hispanic descent?!

But Soccer it attracts the little ones till they mature or reach puberty..I guess....I hope!!Six year olds playing baseball or basketball is a joy to watch. Totally reflects the best those sports can offer.

And yeah, it's a good thing no one (http://youtube.com/watch?v=32DEjPvYGIE) keeps playing soccer once they physically mature.

The Red Sea
06-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Well if they don't I have alot of explaing to do at the registrars office at my alma mater.

I just want to say Congrats to that!
dont let my previous soccer comments say that I'm not open minded enough to realize soccers popular with some.

Isnt Nascar close to the same?
If your a huge Fan of Nascar so much so your wife actually said honey lets wallpaper our Bedroom with Tony Stewart wallpaper & you run into someone who Detests Nascar your like so blown away by the arguement that transpires your ready to jump on the guy...

Well then I'm sure its how some of you that love soccer feel..especially when reading thru this thread or fan boards in most places.

I know its good for my six yr old to run..learn team concept and such so really I do not Detest soccer time of the yr its just we didnt even play soccer at my school & I was always on a baseball/football team while growing up.

So I'm sure that adds to my feelings on soccer.
As long as he tries the other sports and doesnt Zero in on one till he knows which he fully enjoys..well then I'm good with that!

One last thing. =P

I can only stand to watch an NHL game on tv once in a great while but I Love to Go see them live(Da Beers prob)...maybe soccer might have a tad of that effect on me as well!

Good lord this is The most I've used the word soccer in my entire 40 yrs!!

|Zach|
06-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Open minded people who are new to soccer please watch this video, the plays are unbelievable you can't help but get excited.

Attention haters Do not watch this video The plays contained herin are too exciting, and the players are far too atheletic for you to continue your "Soccer is Boring" Defense after you have watched it.

Cool video.

beavis
06-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Cool video.
Soccer needs a new theme song.

ENDelt260
06-11-2006, 12:10 PM
You should bring back your Ron White sig to go with that av.

I'm afraid I don't recall the sig you're referencing.

CupidStunt
06-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Not a soccer fan but it's laughable for baseball fans to call soccer boring.