PDA

View Full Version : So out of Curiousity......How many people here believe in this?

Mecca
06-10-2006, 04:56 PM
So lately a friend of mine who's really into the conspiracy theory type stuff has been telling me all about the New World Order/Illiminati stuff. I'm curious if anyone who posts here believes some of this stuff?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about I'll add some links and such so you can know what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJhpBRgZScI&search=illuminati

There's a nice video about it......if you really want to see all the stuff on it. On YouTube seach for things like Illiminati, Alex Jones, Bohemian Grove, New World Order. Also Alex Jones website infowars.com has a bunch of crap on it.

I'm not really sure what I think of it at this point other than I find it really interesting. So let's hear the opinions of people around here.

Mecca
06-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Here's the Wickipedia stuff on these things.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_world_order
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_grove
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_%28radio%29

Logical
06-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Do I believe there are groups such as the Illuminati, absolutely, do I believe in what they believe in, pretty much no. I like the fact that such groups create doubts among the masses. That IMO causes people to think rather than just follow and that is always good.

irishjayhawk
06-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Do I believe there are groups such as the Illuminati, absolutely, do I believe in what they believe in, pretty much no. I like the fact that such groups create doubts among the masses. That IMO causes people to think rather than just follow and that is always good.
Once again, we agree. Though, admittedly, it would be cool to be a part of one of these "groups". Just to, you know, throw yourself in and out of existance in such a group.

patteeu
06-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Do I believe that secret societies exist? Sure. Do I believe that they create networking opportunities that non-members don't have? Of course. Do I believe they are pulling the strings and ruling the world with the goal of enslaving the common man? No.

Lake
06-11-2006, 11:36 AM
I do not know if it is such a good idea for us to be talking about this. They are watching.

Adept Havelock
06-11-2006, 11:51 AM
If you want a really hilarious read about this kind of stuff, pick up one of <a href="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=David+Icke">David Icke's</a> books at the library. Entertaining, but hardly worth paying for.

The Illuminati are of course controlled by blood-drinking reptiles from outer space. Damn pity, as I really enjoyed <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0440539811/sr=8-1/qid=1150048127/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-1808679-4380137?%5Fencoding=UTF8">The Illuminatus! Trilogy</a> by Robert Wilson. One of the funniest pieces of satire I've ever read, and a delightful lampooning of conspiracy theories.

David Icke in a nutshell:
http://www.publiceye.org/Icke/IckeBackgrounder.htm

Lake
06-11-2006, 12:33 PM
The fringe right wing is in fear of the global government and the fringe left is afraid of the global corporation. Both are crazy. I have noticed over the years that the right wing ones are always very christian people.

Lake
06-11-2006, 12:35 PM
It will all be sorted out when the Freemasons come back to power.

Taco John
06-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Do I believe that secret societies exist? Sure. Do I believe that they create networking opportunities that non-members don't have? Of course. Do I believe they are pulling the strings and ruling the world with the goal of enslaving the common man? No.

I don't know about pulling "the" strings and "ruling the world" with a goal of "enslaving the common man." That all sounds cartooney to me.

I do believe that there are secret societies. I do believe that some of them aspire to great power. In fact, history bears out that some of them have acheived great power. Just look at the history of our presidency and their ties to the Masons to see that.

I don't believe any one group is "pulling the strings" so to speak. There are too many strings out there for any one group to have control over. I do believe that there are groups trying to get as many strings in their grasp as possible in order to benefit themselves and their goals. I also believe that there are groups who already have plenty of strings well in hand.

If the question is, "do you believe that there are secret societies who possess a substantial amount of power and influence," then my answer is yes.

patteeu
06-12-2006, 06:23 AM
I don't know about pulling "the" strings and "ruling the world" with a goal of "enslaving the common man." That all sounds cartooney to me.

Yes, that's how most of these conspiracy theories sound to me too.

I do believe that there are secret societies. I do believe that some of them aspire to great power. In fact, history bears out that some of them have acheived great power. Just look at the history of our presidency and their ties to the Masons to see that.

I don't believe any one group is "pulling the strings" so to speak. There are too many strings out there for any one group to have control over. I do believe that there are groups trying to get as many strings in their grasp as possible in order to benefit themselves and their goals. I also believe that there are groups who already have plenty of strings well in hand.

If the question is, "do you believe that there are secret societies who possess a substantial amount of power and influence," then my answer is yes.

Your answer here is not very controversial and hard to argue with, IMO. The arguments would come when you (or someone else) tries to explain what those strings are and what "a substantial amount of power and influence" means.

BucEyedPea
06-12-2006, 06:25 AM
Some of the symbolism in that you tube video are a stetch...you can find triangles and such in a lot of things and it's not intentional.

Even the upside down cross in the Vatican just shows a lack of knowledge of the early Christian church. That represents St.Peter's, the first Pope, own crucifixtion which was done upside down because he did not consider himself worthy of dying in the same manner as Christ. It's used as a sign of humility...even if Satanists may use it as a symbol to mock the Christian cross.

Although I thought the fascist rods were interesting being on the KofC and our dimes even. I never noticed that before.

George Washington was a Mason, as many of our founders were, but to my knowledge Washington supposedly converted to Catholicism on his death bed.

I thought when Bush used that hand signal it was because he was a Longhorn fan. I don't know what the Mason's use for a signal. I do know they use one, as there were two on another football board I was on and they were discussing it along with others. One of them claimed, who was in Iraq, that there is a plan for a NWO ( that Iraq invasion was part of it) and he totally supported it. He claimed to be a utopian.

It doesn't matter to me if the NWO stems from Masonry, the Illuminati or not...the Bush's have been, going back to Bush Sr., pretty bold and open about it using those exact words. It's here. We're in it now.

Seems to me, to be different strains on the same idea though. I thought Illuminati was a forerunner of world communism though. I do think the real movers and shakers in this world, or at least each country do rule as an oligarchy.

I think if we all just educated ourselves on our form of govt, what ours is supposed to really be and follow that blueprint we wouldn't even have to think about such things, not to speak of being a whole lot freer with a lot less war.

Radar Chief
06-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Donít neglect me
Come be my conspiracy
Donít neglect me
Come be my conspiracy

BucEyedPea
06-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Black Crowes
Donít neglect me
Come be my conspiracy
Donít neglect me
Come be my conspiracy

As I understand it, a conspiracy is something that
is more than an agenda, plan, or mission done in secrecy...it also involves a crime by definition.

People get convicted of conspiracy daily in this country. To think it never happens in govt is just naive. That someone like Lenin could conspire to overthrow the provisional govt of Russia is a conspiracy. The idea that this only happens in other places is absurd.

However, there is a difference between a conspiracy and having a political agenda. All political groups have them and can even be found in some of their mission statements. Just because they are not always forthcoming about their agenda does not put something into the category of a conspiracy. There are all kinds of so-called conspiracies, some bordering on the absurd I'd agree.

Now what was that event that happened on 9/11 called?

A conspiracy.

Radar Chief
06-12-2006, 09:52 AM
As I understand it, a conspiracy is something that
is more than an agenda, plan, or mission done in secrecy...it also involves a crime by definition.

People get convicted of conspiracy daily in this country. To think it never happens in govt is just naive. That someone like Lenin could conspire to overthrow the provisional govt of Russia is a conspiracy. The idea that this only happens in other places is absurd.

However, there is a difference between a conspiracy and having a political agenda. All political groups have them and can even be found in some of their mission statements. Just because they are not always forthcoming about their agenda does not put something into the category of a conspiracy. There are all kinds of so-called conspiracies, some bordering on the absurd I'd agree.

Now what was that event that happened on 9/11 called?

A conspiracy.

Youíre readín an awful lot into song lyrics.
Here, try this one.

Oh my god,
itís a mirage.
Youíre schemeín on a thing,
thatís sabotage

:rockon:

BucEyedPea
06-12-2006, 09:58 AM
eh?

chagrin
06-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Groups like this, were really nifty on the TV show "Millennium" but they do not really exist in the way that they are portrayed by your friend, I'll bet.

They do not control the world affairs from behind closed doors.

Radar Chief
06-12-2006, 10:18 AM
eh?

:LOL: Never heard of the Black Crowes?
What I'd previously posted are lyrics from their song "A Conspiracy".
It seemed fitín, considerín the topic. ;)

Here, full lyrics to the song.

A Conspiracy

Did you ever hear
The one about last year
It was all a lie
Ainít it funny how the time flies
What we gonna do baby
What is left for us to prove
Iíve never stolen nothing, not a thing
Tried to stay away form this yearís
Big thing
Ainít as easy as it seems
To find a mutual dream
Can you tell me wrong from right
Do you know when to freeze or take flight
Can you tell me more or less
I got to know-confess
Chorus:
Donít neglect me
Come be my conspiracy
Donít neglect me
Come be my conspiracy
Now you got a question about your answer
Say try your adamís apple
You talk it try it bite it right
So now you want to fight? ok
Letís step outside
I got tradition in addition
My definition it donít hold me back
Well what you think about that
What you donít understand
This is a very old land
Can you tell me wrong from right
Do you know when to freeze or take flight
Can you tell me more or less
I got to know-confess
Chorus

BucEyedPea
06-12-2006, 10:23 AM
:LOL: Never heard of the Black Crowes?
What I'd previously posted are lyrics from their song "A Conspiracy".
It seemed fitín, considerín the topic. ;)

Here, full lyrics to the song.

Yes I have heard of the Black Crowes. :harumph:

I just didn't understand your point about my not gettin' your first point.
Cabiche?

Radar Chief
06-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Yes I have heard of the Black Crowes. :harumph:

I just didn't understand your point about my not gettin' your first point.
Cabiche?

Thatís just cause there really wasnít a point to be made.
The topic reminded me of that song, thatís all. Nothing more or less.
Also reminded me of the Beastie Boys song, so I dropped that one also. ;)
Guess Iím just weird like that. :shrug:

BucEyedPea
06-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Thatís just cause there really wasnít a point to be made.
The topic reminded me of that song, thatís all. Nothing more or less.
Also reminded me of the Beastie Boys song, so I dropped that one also. ;)
Guess Iím just weird like that. :shrug:

It's all cool! I was mostly messin' with ya' just for fun. :p

Jesus
06-12-2006, 10:56 PM

Well said, young man.