View Full Version : Do you like Nascar?

recxjake
06-11-2006, 11:00 AM

|Zach|
06-11-2006, 11:03 AM
No.

Frazod
06-11-2006, 11:04 AM
It's like soccer, only with the occasional spectacular crash.

No.

RedandGold
06-11-2006, 11:07 AM
You really should have "indifferent" as an option. I'm not a big fan of NASCAR, but I don't dislike it either.

I can watch it for a while, but watching an entire race is a little much.

StcChief
06-11-2006, 11:08 AM
No roundy-roundy left turn rubbin' IS NOT racing.

BWillie
06-11-2006, 11:28 AM
I'd rather beat off with barbed wire.

luv
06-11-2006, 11:28 AM
It's BORING and pointless.

Adept Havelock
06-11-2006, 11:37 AM
If I wanted to waste a day watching rednecks turn left, I'd drive to Iowa and set up a lawn chair by the University turn-in.

BWillie
06-11-2006, 11:40 AM
If I wanted to waste a day watching rednecks turn left, I'd drive to Iowa and set up a lawn chair by the University turn-in.

I don't get it I don't think? I take offense to that :mad: I went to the University of Iowa. There are more hicks that go to Missouri and K-State. Alot more. Over half that go to U. of Iowa are Chicagoans. Now ISU is a different story.

luv
06-11-2006, 11:42 AM
I thought rednecks were from Kentucky?

JBucc
06-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Sure. I never watch it, but I like it.

The Red Sea
06-11-2006, 11:51 AM
So I'm asking myself...was this thread created in order to allow the soccer defenders some time to breathe on the soccer threads? =P

For myself I'm not a fan at all of soccer it bores me to tears when I'm with friends a Nascar race here & there is Fine with me even a good time.

However heres the kicker..I will fully Admit as far as being a SPORT..soccer IS Nascar is NOT!

Hmmm I shouldnt receive much bashing I seemed to have covered my a$$ sufficiently!

=P

Baconeater
06-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Yes. It's more exciting than golf or baseball. Not much else to watch this time of year.

CoMoChief
06-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I've been to a few Nascar events at Kansas Speedway and it was a blast, however like hockey, its only fun to watch live at the event as opposed to watching it on TV IMO.

Baconeater
06-11-2006, 11:53 AM
So I'm asking myself...was this thread created in order to allow the soccer defenders some time to breathe on the soccer threads? =P

For myself I'm not a fan at all of soccer it bores me to tears when I'm with friends a Nascar race here & there is Fine with me even a good time.

However heres the kicker..I will fully Admit as far as being a SPORT..soccer IS Nascar is NOT!

Hmmm I shouldnt receive much bashing I seemed to have covered my a$$ sufficiently!

=P
12th post in this time, you guys are slipping.

el borracho
06-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Not even a little bit.

Adept Havelock
06-11-2006, 12:01 PM
I don't get it I don't think? I take offense to that :mad: I went to the University of Iowa. There are more hicks that go to Missouri and K-State. Alot more. Over half that go to U. of Iowa are Chicagoans. Now ISU is a different story.

Lighten Up, Francis.

I made the reference because I believe it's where Daddy pays to send the rambling rec(xjake) that started this thread.

If you were offended....

I apologise unreservedly.

I offer a complete retraction.

The imputation was totally without basis in fact,

and was in no way fair comment,
and was motivated purely by malice.

I deeply regret any distress my comments
may have caused you or your family.

And I hereby undertake not to repeat any
such slander at any time in the future.

Ultra Peanut
06-11-2006, 12:05 PM
TOOOOOYOTA!!!!

Adept Havelock
06-11-2006, 12:06 PM
I thought rednecks were from Kentucky?

Rednecks are, like Elvis, everywhere.

Nzoner
06-11-2006, 12:35 PM
No,unfortunately my mrs and her two sisters are fanatics so no matter how hard I try there is no getting away from it,in fact the mrs has seized part of my gameroom and turned it into a Jimmie Johnshon shrine.

Halfcan
06-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Pretty boring except the wrecks.

Frazod
06-11-2006, 12:39 PM
TOOOOOYOTA!!!!

I wonder if recxjake knows that GM owns half of Toyota. That my explain why that Camry looks just like a Monte Carlo. :D

CupidStunt
06-11-2006, 12:42 PM
About the only "sport" more boring than baseball.

Frazod
06-11-2006, 01:01 PM
what are you talking about?

GM has an ownership interest in Toyota. Their cars are looking more and more alike.

I owned a 2003 Pontiac Vibe. It was nothing more than a Toyota Matrix with a Pontiac grille.

Frazod
06-11-2006, 01:13 PM
wrong.... they do not have any ownership intrest in toyota.... they do a few projects together.... that is it

That what I was told by the Pontiac guys when I asked why the vehicles were nearly identical. Perhaps they lied. It's not like I care.

pak1983
06-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Now on the basis of Nascar being a sport, it is. I did 10 laps at the speedway for the racing experience. I was going about 150 mph top and about 110 around corners. I got to drive Darrell Waltrips car. I hate Nascar as much as anybody but that day I gained a ton of respect for the drivers. It is a sport. You cant be some fat out of shape Kansas trailer trash to drive one of those cars, although im sure a few of you would refute that. After ten laps I was exhausted and Im far from out of shape. It takes alot of conditioning and skill to control those cars. TRUST ME!

Frazod
06-11-2006, 01:31 PM
They lied.... the vibe and matrix are a joint project... they have some other things they do together also..... all the car companies do it to save money

I don't know why they'd do that - I had already signed the papers, and it wouldn't have made a difference anyway - Toyota didn't have a "Toyota Mastercard" that got me $2,000 off the sticker price.

But the Board of Directors doesn't consult with me, so I'll take your word for it.

Bowser
06-11-2006, 01:33 PM
I know lots of people who say going to NASCAR races is an awesome experience. I'll take their word for it since I have no interest in the sport whatsoever, save the spectacular crashes that are shown on ESPN.

StcChief
06-11-2006, 01:37 PM
I know lots of people who say going to NASCAR races is an awesome experience. I'll take their word for it since I have no interest in the sport whatsoever, save the spectacular crashes that are shown on ESPN.

My buddy had infield spot with an old Winnebego in Dallas...Never went down

he said it was worth it just for party/ drunk chicks show their tits
and anything else depending....

Ear plugs for the noise though.

|Zach|
06-11-2006, 02:05 PM
He has the empirical data.

Saulbadguy
06-11-2006, 03:23 PM
No, but i'm going to "follow" it next year when Toyota gets in the mix. I just have to pick a driver that drives a Toyota. I'm only doing this to piss off the NASCAR fans at my work who don't want Toyota there.

Miles
06-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Its unfortunate that such a boring form of racing is the most popular in the US. Watching large cars go around circular tracks and bang into each other is not something I want to watch.

Moooo
06-11-2006, 03:38 PM
My question is why people like NASCAR when if they like circle racing you could see IRL? Faster, less incentive to draft another car...

Me personally, I watch F1 on speedvision. Knowing you're seeing the world's best drivers on some of the most intricate road tracks on the world is cool.

Besides, its not really a race, unless you have to make a right turn that doesn't involve getting tires or fuel.

Moooo

Nzoner
06-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Its unfortunate that such a boring form of racing is the most popular in the US. Watching large cars go around circular tracks and bang into each other is not something I want to watch.

I agree,however,if the drivers all looked like this and we could actually see them I may have a change of heart.

http://3sistersracing.com/images/cobbpetty.jpg

Frazod
06-11-2006, 04:02 PM
The vast margin against Nascar in this poll is threatening to restore my faith in humanity. :D

Baconeater
06-11-2006, 04:02 PM
My question is why people like NASCAR when if they like circle racing you could see IRL? Faster, less incentive to draft another car...

Me personally, I watch F1 on speedvision. Knowing you're seeing the world's best drivers on some of the most intricate road tracks on the world is cool.

Besides, its not really a race, unless you have to make a right turn that doesn't involve getting tires or fuel.

Moooo
I like NASCAR over IRL because of the larger race field and the smaller tracks. I think road races are incredibly boring to watch because the cars get spread out over a huge course. It has to be worse seeing it in person, you sit on one part of the track and see 1 or 2 cars pass by every once in while. I prefer to see more cars running in closer proximity.

Moooo
06-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I like it. I've been to races in Michigan and Chicago... and I will be going to the Pepsi 400 in Daytona in a few weeks.

I really don't like that Nascar will be adding Toyota next year... but they only have Michael Waltrip and Dale Jarrett as drivers and they suck so hopefully they make fools of themselves....

Do you like it?

Why don't you want another car company involved who might make competition better?

Moooo

Demonpenz
06-11-2006, 04:05 PM
i like nascar, but i don't love it like i love other forms of racing, but then again I grew up watching friday night heat at local tracks

Moooo
06-11-2006, 04:06 PM
i like nascar, but i don't love it like i love other forms of racing, but then again I grew up watching friday night heat at local tracks

Sprint cars are wild.

Moooo

Rain Man
06-11-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't want to be nitpicky, but shouldn't the title of this thread technically be "Do y'all like NASCAR?"

4th and Long
06-11-2006, 04:08 PM
I don't want to be nitpicky, but shouldn't the title of this thread technically be "Do y'all like NASCAR?"
Well shut my mouth. You sho' as hale be right.

By the way, the plural of y'all is, "all y'all."

RedandGold
06-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Why don't you want another car company involved who might make competition better?

Moooo

Boy, don' you know NASCAR racin' s'ppos'd t' be Am'r'cun!!!

PastorMikH
06-11-2006, 04:12 PM
I'd rather watch it than Tennis, Pro Baseball or Pro basketball.

Cochise
06-11-2006, 04:13 PM
It's like soccer, only with the occasional spectacular crash.

No.

I'd choose to watch soccer over nascar any day of the week.

4th and Long
06-11-2006, 04:13 PM
I'd rather watch it than Tennis, Pro Baseball or Pro basketball.
I'd rather take a nap than watch it. :D

Cochise
06-11-2006, 04:14 PM

I went to the Indy car race at Kansas Speedway last year. That was kind of cool.

But it's also kind of freaky when you're sitting in the very front row and cars going 200mph start crashing right in front of you, 30 yards or so away.

Bearcat
06-11-2006, 04:16 PM
I've heard it's "so much cooler live", but I'm thinking it would just be a louder 500 miles in a circle. As with the MLB season, one nascar race might be more interesting if it was dramatically shortened.

Demonpenz
06-11-2006, 04:16 PM
I went to the Indy car race at Kansas Speedway last year. That was kind of cool.

But it's also kind of freaky when you're sitting in the very front row and cars going 200mph start crashing right in front of you, 30 yards or so away.

one of these days indy cars are going to touch wheels and a car will get into the stands. The same thing in nascar. It is a matter of time .

chiefs4me
06-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Love it!!!

KcMizzou
06-11-2006, 05:06 PM
I've heard it's "so much cooler live", but I'm thinking it would just be a louder 500 miles in a circle. That's basically how I felt about the IRL race I went to last year. It was kind of cool once, but I'm in no rush to go again.

DomerNKC
06-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I wonder if recxjake knows that GM owns half of Toyota. That my explain why that Camry looks just like a Monte Carlo. :DThat is not true. GM could not afford half of Toyota. Don't get the daddys boy all hyped up.

Moooo
06-11-2006, 05:15 PM
That's basically how I felt about the IRL race I went to last year. It was kind of cool once, but I'm in no rush to go again.

What's really cheap, is if you look at a lot of the races, they aren't going any 500 miles. Bristol is only 250 (500 laps), and some of the 1.5 mile tracks are only 300-400. The 500 races are actually few and far between, ones like Daytona and Talladega

Moooo

DomerNKC
06-11-2006, 05:15 PM
I might just become a fan when TOYOTA starts racing.

Moooo
06-11-2006, 05:16 PM
That is not true. GM could not afford half of Toyota. Don't get the daddys boy all hyped up.

GM had a deal going with Toyota... The Geo Prism (I think) was the same thing as a Corolla. Also, they had some deals with Suzuki also.

Moooo

Nzoner
06-11-2006, 05:18 PM
I went to the Indy car race at Kansas Speedway last year.

I was at the truck races there a few years ago and I'll never forget talking with a guy who said he'd given up his Chiefs tickets so he could afford a season pass to Kansas Speedway.

To each their own.

Cochise
06-11-2006, 05:22 PM
GM had a deal going with Toyota... The Geo Prism (I think) was the same thing as a Corolla. Also, they had some deals with Suzuki also.

Moooo

Isuzu made a lot of the Geo stuff, IIRC

Baconeater
06-11-2006, 05:34 PM

Moooo

Isuzu made a lot of the Geo stuff, IIRC
Both correct. The Geo Storm & Tracker were built by Isuzu, the Prizm was a Toyota (as was the re-introduced "Nova" in the 80's) and the Metro was built by Suzuki. It was easier for them to re-badge imports than actually build a small car that was worth a shit.

DomerNKC
06-11-2006, 05:36 PM

Mooootrue. Toyota sold the frame, driveline and engine to gm for the prism. they still do. It was because gm needed to make a splash in the small car segment. All of the Geo line was made by someone other than GM. The prism still leads the GM line in build quality, because GM doesn't build it. GM wanted to partner with Toyota on the prism, with both building different parts then selling the same car with different emblems. Toyota said they wouldnt sell a car they didnt build.

Moooo
06-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Both correct. The Geo Storm & Tracker were built by Isuzu, the Prizm was a Toyota (as was the re-introduced "Nova" in the 80's) and the Metro was built by Suzuki. It was easier for them to re-badge imports than actually build a small car that was worth a shit.

I thought a tracker was a Suzuki Sidekick, or Samurai or something?

Also, I'd buy a Geo Prism. The Corolla is the best selling car of all time, even more than a bug. They know what they're doing.

Moooo

DomerNKC
06-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Both correct. The Geo Storm & Tracker were built by Isuzu, the Prizm was a Toyota (as was the re-introduced "Nova" in the 80's) and the Metro was built by Suzuki. It was easier for them to re-badge imports than actually build a small car that was worth a shit.Spectrum and storm were isuzu. The tracker and Metro were suzuki. Nova/Prizm are Toyota.

Nzoner
06-11-2006, 05:41 PM
For you 7 or so NASCAR fans the mrs has asked since the 3 sisters racing site is pimping Chiefs Planet that I do the same here when given the opportunity.

You can check it out here (http://3sistersracing.com/)

Baconeater
06-11-2006, 05:42 PM
I thought a tracker was a Suzuki Sidekick, or Samurai or something?

Also, I'd buy a Geo Prism. The Corolla is the best selling car of all time, even more than a bug. They know what they're doing.

Moooo
Aww crap, you're right. I couldn't remember what the Tracker was based on but I thought for sure it was an Isuzu. Apparently GM was being deceptive when selling these cars too. My wife had a Geo Storm when I met her and she insisted it was an American car because she bought it at a Chevy dealership. She wasn't too happy when I pointed out a sticker on the door jamb that said "Built by Isuzu Motors".

DomerNKC
06-11-2006, 05:43 PM
by the way rectumjake...Toyota has been racing for a long time. Successfully too.

DomerNKC
06-11-2006, 05:44 PM
and

Goddess Tara
06-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Not anymore. I can watch the news after the race to see any of the good things that happened during the race (ie. the crashes)

chiefs4me
06-11-2006, 05:52 PM
For you 7 or so NASCAR fans the mrs has asked since the 3 sisters racing site is pimping Chiefs Planet that I do the same here when given the opportunity.

You can check it out here (http://3sistersracing.com/)

Oh my god, your poor wife, she actually has a sister who likes Tony??? Does she throw things at her??? ROFL:D

Reaper16
06-11-2006, 05:55 PM
I liked the movie "Cars." Does that count?

Otis99
06-12-2006, 11:14 AM
I don't care for Nascar. I don't see what the draw is, other than just to root for your favorite driver. The cars are practically the same, and anytime someone comes up with an innovation or technology upgrade that gives them an edge, it's outlawed in short order. That makes no sense to me. Maybe if they returned to the days of racing almost-stock cars that you could essentially buy in the showroom I might take an interest. It used to mean something when you rooted for Chevy or Ford or Dodge because you were buying cars at a dealership that weren't too dissimilar to what was out on the track.

Personally, I would rather watch World Rally Championship any day of the week. There's nothing more exciting than watching a driver racing 120 miles an hour around a blind corner with a 500 foot cliff a few feet away. The cars they race are much closer to stock cars that you can actually buy (Subaru Impreza, Mitsubishi Lancer, etc.). There are no pit stops. If something breaks, you get out of your car and fix it (usually with a hammer or large blunt instrument). If you roll your car, hopefully there are spectators there to help you turn it back over so you can finish the race. They race in mud, dirt, sand, snow, ice, and on occasion asphalt (or as they like to call it, tarmac). I can't imagine anyone watching a WRC event and a Nascar event and telling me they found the Nascar event more exciting.

I bet most people don't even know that Ford makes a balls-to-the wall version of the Focus that lays down something like 400 HP and kicks ass in WRC. Damn shame they don't sell a slimmed down model of that here in the USA (and I don't mean a crappy 150 HP ZX3 hatchback or even the short-lived Focus SVT).

bobbything
06-12-2006, 11:30 AM
It's more exciting than golf or baseball.
This sets up a perfect "smartest retard" or "hottest fatty" situation.

Predarat
06-12-2006, 11:31 AM
I dont hate it but i'm not really a fan. Ive been to a Bush race and never a major NASCAR cup race though. Id probably fo once to try it out. I just cant get interested enough to turn it on my TV. Ive watched it at relatives houses who are fans but thats about it.