PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't Dayton Moore gotten rid of this piece of garbage?

FringeNC
06-11-2006, 11:35 AM
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Rick%20Bell&pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=438719

Rick Bell and his .462 OPS has no business taking away at-bats from prospects. He's the son of Buddy. It's another embarrassment to the organization that the manager's kid, who is terrible, gets a starting spot in AAA.

BWillie
06-11-2006, 11:37 AM
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Rick%20Bell&pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=438719

Rick Bell and his .462 OPS has no business taking away at-bats from prospects. He's the son of Buddy. It's another embarrassment to the organization that the manager's kid, who is terrible, gets a starting spot in AAA.

He's better than you

FringeNC
06-11-2006, 11:38 AM
He's better than you

That's not saying much, really.

banyon
06-11-2006, 11:40 AM
It is ridiculous.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141238

beavis
06-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Wow, that line makes Neifi Perez look like A-Rod.

But really, can we give Dayton a little more time than 3 days to right the ship? I seriously doubt we'll see any major changes until after the season is over.

Mr. Laz
06-11-2006, 12:26 PM
maybe cause it's only his 3rd day on the job

milkman
06-11-2006, 12:30 PM
maybe cause it's only his 3rd day on the job

Slackard! :cuss:

Miles
06-11-2006, 01:53 PM
His 03 and 04' AAA stats are not too bad. Plus all AAA teams have career minor leaguers on them as well.

FringeNC
06-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Obviously, Moore can't do everyting the first couple days. That part I was kidding about; however, this guy has absolutely no business at the AAA level....and when you throw in the fact that he took Huber's position, it becomes a cruel joke.

I can't believe Ricky or his father will be part of this organization for long.

Cochise
06-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Well, according to the O-Royals website, he's the only listed 3B they have now that Teahen is back up in KC.

I'd rather they gave him ABs there instead of pushing Gordon up too early. Gordon's OPS in Wichita is nice, but he's not destroying the league to where you can really justify him skipping A entirely and only being in AA for 2 months.

Cochise
06-11-2006, 04:12 PM
His 03 and 04' AAA stats are not too bad. Plus all AAA teams have career minor leaguers on them as well.

There are hacks on every team in every minor league system. You have to be able to run a full lineup out every night.

tk13
06-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Huber's not going to LF because of Rick freaking Bell. He's going to LF because either Teahen or Gordon is moving to first. People aren't thinking fourth dimensionally.

FringeNC
06-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Huber's not going to LF because of Rick freaking Bell. He's going to LF because either Teahen or Gordon is moving to first. People aren't thinking fourth dimensionally.

Moving Huber away from first....makes no sense. Either he plays first or he DHs.

Bell is taking at-bats away from someone who has a chance...even if it's just a small chance to play big leagues. You can't tell me you can't pick-up a scrap heap 1st baseman (of all positions) that isn't going to embarass himself . Teahan or Gordon would move to the outfield if Teahan proves he's a big-leaguer the remainder of the year.

Sure-Oz
06-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Huber is a pretty good athlete and probably could play decent out there. I'd rather see Teahan and Gordon stay in the INF.

tk13
06-11-2006, 06:16 PM
It makes all the sense in the world. I wanted us to go ahead and put Huber in the OF when we had him rotting on the bench in the big leagues. I'm surprised we had the foresight to even try it in the minors. Huber's a good athlete, he can handle it. Teahen and Gordon are both natural infielders that have a chance to be really good defensively. It makes no sense to move one of them to the OF and try to move a converted catcher to first. Then you have two guys playing way out of position. Instead, just move Huber to the OF and keep the two guys who project out best defensively in the infield.

FringeNC
06-11-2006, 06:29 PM
If Huber can't handle first, how can he handle the outfield?

Cochise
06-11-2006, 06:45 PM
It makes all the sense in the world. I wanted us to go ahead and put Huber in the OF when we had him rotting on the bench in the big leagues. I'm surprised we had the foresight to even try it in the minors. Huber's a good athlete, he can handle it. Teahen and Gordon are both natural infielders that have a chance to be really good defensively. It makes no sense to move one of them to the OF and try to move a converted catcher to first. Then you have two guys playing way out of position. Instead, just move Huber to the OF and keep the two guys who project out best defensively in the infield.

Exactly. Agree 100%

People just look for a reason to complain. It's not like every single solitary decision the organization makes is wrong.

And if Rick Bell was named Rick Smith no one would have ever said jack. It's got nothing to do with him or his ability. The whole basis for it is some kind of thinly veiled nepotism claim when in reality, nobody here has ever seen him play or knows a thing about him.

tk13
06-11-2006, 06:46 PM
If Huber can't handle first, how can he handle the outfield?
What do you mean? It's not that unusual for baseball players to able to play first and the outfield. I'm not sure how you make that connection, they require different skills. Plus I think Huber could handle first just fine, just that Teahen and Gordon both seem to have a lot of potential defensively. Huber could always go back to first. If nothing else, being able to play in the OF and 1B would add some flexibility to the roster.

Jesus
06-11-2006, 08:43 PM
A little nepotism isn't always a bad thing. But the boy needs to go, yes.

FringeNC
06-11-2006, 09:53 PM
What do you mean? It's not that unusual for baseball players to able to play first and the outfield. I'm not sure how you make that connection, they require different skills. Plus I think Huber could handle first just fine, just that Teahen and Gordon both seem to have a lot of potential defensively. Huber could always go back to first. If nothing else, being able to play in the OF and 1B would add some flexibility to the roster.

First is the easiest position to play on the field. If Huber is struggling at first , there is no reason to think he could play the outfield. Regardless, the clock has already started on Huber, and there is absolutely no reason he is not getting major league at-bats. And getting at-bats means either DHing or playing first. Sending him back down to learn a new position that he probably can't play is ridiculous. Like with Teahan, let's find out if he can hit at the major league level.

Moore won't let Huber stay down long, and when he does come back, he'll be playing everyday whether the genius Bell likes it or not.

tk13
06-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Nobody was saying Huber can't play first. Nobody said he was struggling. Actually I think he'll be able to handle the position just fine. Just that there are other people who may cause him to change position. Just like how Gordon, Butler, and Teahen were all 3B and two of them aren't gonna play there in the big leagues. Plus having 1B/OF flexibility just helps make things easier on whoever the manager is. I think Huber will be fine in LF... it's not rocket science.

Pitt Gorilla
06-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Exactly. Agree 100%

People just look for a reason to complain. It's not like every single solitary decision the organization makes is wrong.

And if Rick Bell was named Rick Smith no one would have ever said jack. It's got nothing to do with him or his ability. The whole basis for it is some kind of thinly veiled nepotism claim when in reality, nobody here has ever seen him play or knows a thing about him.It reminds me of the Royals draft thread where people were complaining about picks when they knew nothing about the players. "They took him in the 21st? The 21st?!? I had projected him in the 26th round. What a frickin' reach! Dammit, Carl, er...uh...Muzzy?"

tk13
06-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Rick Bell answers his critics! Tonight he went 3-4 with a single, double, triple, and 3 RBI! Take that! Keep f'ing doubting Rick Bell! :)

Runelvys pitched tonight though and went 6.1 innings, no runs, 3 hits, 4 BB, 11 K in a win.

Sure-Oz
06-13-2006, 10:58 PM
11k's wtf

Cochise
06-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Boy it usually takes Hernandez like 20 innings to strike out 11.

Bowser
06-13-2006, 11:17 PM
I bet tk13 hit the 1`button twice by mistake.

tk13
06-13-2006, 11:24 PM
I bet tk13 hit the 1`button twice by mistake.
ROFL

Stick this up your exhaust pipe. Exhaust pipe.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2006_06_13_omaaaa_nasaaa_1