PDA

View Full Version : Deadwood discussion thread!

Halfcan
06-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Starts tonight and should be a good one!!

Is anyone else planning on watching the series??

JBucc
06-11-2006, 01:10 PM
no

milkman
06-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Deadwood?

They created a series about your brain matter?

:p

Frazod
06-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Can't wait. Good timing, too, since everything else I watch is done until fall.

ENDelt260
06-11-2006, 01:16 PM
hbo is so going to kick ass tonight. deadwood, entourage, lucky louie...

Smoke
06-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Any truth to the rumor that this is the last season?

Deadwood and Rome are the only reason I get HBO.

Halfcan
06-11-2006, 01:27 PM

Deadwood and Rome are the only reason I get HBO.

I think this is it. It is my fav shows next to Sopranos-which was very disapointing this year.

Halfcan
06-11-2006, 01:29 PM
hbo is so going to kick ass tonight. deadwood, entourage, lucky louie...

This will be what I am watching. Sucks the NBA Finals are on at the same time.

NewChief
06-11-2006, 01:42 PM
http://www.salon.com/ent/tv/review/2006/06/11/i_like/print.html
I Like to Watch

It's "Deadwood"-speak week, cretins and miscreants of every stripe! Those with frail temperaments and delicate sensibilities should seek solace elsewheres!
By Heather Havrilesky

Jun. 11, 2006 | Deadwood like me
Welcome, tender cocksuckers and the like, to this weekly ****ing missive, concocted by the foul and narrow mind of an ink-stained wretch who dreams up rambling reports for finks, loafers and sad, sallow ****s, so that they might stay abreast of the latest televised entertainments, whilst perhaps saving themselves the time and concerted ****ing effort of attending to such base and poorly conceived amusements themselves. That's right, my jaw is set with impatience and disgust so yours need not be!

If you require resupply and respite, you stopped at the right ****ing place. However, if you're here to stir up trouble or whine about my disregard for some of the precious entertainments you happen to fancy, maybe you don't value keeping your ****ing guts inside your belly enough. I won't stand for those who trumpet my intentions or herd me like a steer or question my cleanin' up a little yella for my goddamn efforts. I've acted on your commission all along, keeping my eyes on whatever frivolous ****ing tripe I figured you might relish whilst you pursued your preferred activities, and I'm mighty grateful for your ****ing attentions. But I beg you to remember, them that butt into other people's business and make the business of others their own are meddling no-good cocksuckers. I can see to my job the way I'm goddamned able, and that's all I can goddamned do. The gist is, **** yourself.

Dead in the water
If I'm feeling less than my full ****ing self, you can blame the cocksuckers at HBO for recent actions so egregious, they'd give any reasonable man or woman cause to take up arms against them.

For those who've been hunkering down in some hidey hole for the past month or so, let me present the most recent ****ing developments. It seems that, despite the continued assertions by "Deadwood" creator David Milch that he envisioned a tale told in four parts (the third part begins at 9 p.m. Sunday night on HBO), despite the fact that said show could be currently described as the finest, most notable feather in those big-city HBO cocksuckers' hats, despite the general ****ing lack of quality televised entertainments, "Big Love" aside, coming down the pike from HBO since "Six Feet Under" left the air and "The Sopranos" slowed to a crawl, those society people from New York City, who live with their heads up their asses anyway, decided not to renew "Deadwood" for a fourth ****ing season. Gratuitous, hurtful, unnecessary! Lamentable, injurious, downright unthinkable! Shame the **** on you!

It strains credulity. And then, on Monday, the latest news came off the wires that HBO and Milch have reached an agreement to replace the fourth season of "Deadwood" with two two-hour movies instead. As pleased as some may be that the show won't unceremoniously disappear after what looks to be a very promising third season, I personally am not having any of it. I'd punch those cocksuckers in the balls before I'd cup 'em for comfort, them that would pickle their pricks in the ****-brine of frivolities like "Entourage," or moderately intriguing yet disturbingly costly excesses like "Rome," concocted with half the wit and genius that Mr. Milch might bring to the project, armed with half a pint of whiskey in his belly. You do recall that Milch originally intended to pen a tale of ancient Rome, but since the cocksuckers at HBO already had such a tale in the works, our good man refocused his efforts on the old West, much to our benefit. Ironically, HBO's often lethargic "Rome" has emptied the coffers at $85 million for one damn season like some high-priced piece of pussy with an opium habit and, no longer strong in gold, those half-witted rats at HBO turned around and gave "Deadwood" short shrift.

How can the arrogant prick in charge possibly lay claim to a passable mind when he'd shortchange us on one of the most glowing examples of memorable, original, strange, unpredictable, invigorating amusements currently available? A man must put bread on his table, I well understand, but the current course defies ****ing logic. Ratings are ratings, the color is any true entrepreneur's only concern, but cutting this story short when it's so clearly destined to bring great acclaim and good fortune to HBO henceforth is goddamn absurd. Milch had a story to tell in four ****ing seasons, a healthy herd of cocksuckers nationwide are now addicted to said story like the dope fiend is to his concoctions, accolades untold await said tale as it continues to ripen and mature over time like a fine peach, but those short-sighted mules at HBO would still stop Milch short of his full ****ing allotment? The imagination balks. Meanwhile, David Chase makes the most untenable request, be it three episodes this week, five next year, and 10 three years from now, and HBO gives it up like a whore half-drunk on bathtub gin.

Our moment permits interest in one question only: Will we, HBO's until-now-loyal audiences, be more than targets for ass-****ing? Like many fine outspoken sorts before me, I'm raising the general ****ing question, that's all. Let us not forget that subscribing to HBO is not an inexpensive ****ing endeavor, and we hold the purse strings. Personally speaking, I can't with sound mind walk away from HBO's offerings, lest I fail in my duties to my fine readers and in so doing, lose my source of gainful employment. As much as he's her misery, the pimp's a whore's familiar, so even as the fist is raised, he draws her to him.

That said, and while I'm not normally a partisan in territorial rivalries, I'm no bought-out cocksucker either, one who'll lift her skirt to remain in the good graces of a reckless capitalist as forward-looking as a dog next to a plate of unattended gizzards. Thus I'd be remiss if I didn't strongly encourage the rest of you to cancel HBO as soon as the fine third season of "Deadwood" has concluded, so that those big-city ****s might feel their position weakening. And as for those of you who haven't seen a single ****ing segment of said televised spectacle, or you saw an episode a ways back but found it tough to mount that ornery mare mid-stream, I want to strongly encourage you to rent the first season DVD, and then the second. Cast aside any hasty assessments you may have made in the past, and mark my words: This show is not to be ****ing missed.

Once you, too, join the strike against those ghoulish hounds of industry, I promise to alert you to anything of quality that might air, whilst saving you some hard-earned cash that you'd only waste on skin-deep trifles like "Entourage." Certainly "The Wire" and the last eight episodes of "The Sopranos" can't be forsaken, but until those noteworthy amusements once again see the light of day, let's strike a blow to the belly of the beast. To make our voices heard by the bean counters, it's clear we'll have to do more than grab ankle. Those that doubt me suck cock by choice!

*snipped a bunch of unrelated stuff then continued*

Deliriously delicious scoundrels and the like
Although HBO has ****ed our moods up flatter than hammered shit, let us not allow that to dampen our enthusiasm for the ensuing episodes of "Deadwood," for they feature the kind of exquisite storytelling that leaves all those within earshot rapt and hungry for the next mesmerizing ****ing turn of events.

Perhaps the most alluring and provocative character to inhabit the small screen this summer, Al Swearengen (Ian McShane), as charismatic as he is devious, finds himself in cahoots with Seth Bullock (Timothy Olyphant), and this makes our hearts glad, for rooting against a man as engaging as Swearengen is damn near impossible.

Meanwhile, Hearst (Gerald McRaney) has revealed himself to be that variety of ruthless capitalist who'd slit his own mother's throat if she stood in the way of his ability to secure the color from the bowels of Mother Earth. Even Hearst's most beloved cook seems to loathe the ****ing ground he walks on, yet as a high-profile captain of industry, he remains untouchable, as any harm that came to him would alert various meddling ****ing forces of government to stick their nose into the workings of a town that prides itself on being beholden to no human cocksucker -- or at the very least, a town that struggles, with all its might, to keep the sticky ****ing fingers of outside influences and high-ranking officials and the like out of its goddamn pie.

So Bullock and Swearengen find themselves forging an unlikely pact for the continued sovereignty of Deadwood, even as self-serving cocksuckers like Cy Tolliver (Powers Boothe) sidle up to Hearst and stick their heads so far up his ass they can't see past it to the welfare of the overall ****ing community. Reminds you just a little bit of aforementioned bought-out big-city ****s with an unrelenting eye on the bottom line, don't it?

Hoping for the ****ing best
But the hour grows late and my typing fingers grow weary, dear cocksuckers, so I'll hasten to the end of this missive and skip the intricate details of a show that you should see with your own eyes anyway, and use your own ****ing faculties to assess its obvious worth. Why spoil the main course with my yammering, when you should savor the rich flavors of Milch's stylized stew for yourself? I dare you to find it underdone or overcooked or sloppily assembled in any way, and if you do, and would like to question my judgment or call me nasty things in response, well I guarantee you, I've been called worse by better. And if you inhale and expel pure righteousness, my olfactories are keen to the smell of shit. Based on recent correspondences on the so-called letters page, you're not a lot I want mistaking my intentions. Were you bullied when young and incapable? Now you see wrongs everywhere and bullying you feel called to remedy? Show me the secret grip that proves my sincerity and let's be about our ****ing business. I am a sinner who does not expect forgiveness. But I am not an HBO bigwig with the blood of one of the finest shows in recent television history on my filthy mitts.

It's no accounting for why people do things. These days, our man Milch is developing a pilot for HBO, "John in Cincinnati," a drama about a surfer in California, of all confounded things. Having worked on his deployments and flanking maneuvers with regards to "Deadwood," even going so far as to attempt to raise the sizable pile of gold necessary to see his vision to its rightful conclusion, Milch finally resorted to compromise. No blame should rest with the man for securing a final chapter for his epic tale, but the stalwarts among us will continue to push for a full ****ing slate of 12 episodes and nothing less. If the mind imagines other paths to the purpose, let's hear them. Perhaps, with our concerted and combined ****ing efforts, we'll turn the goddamn tide. In short, one hopes for the best. One perseveres. One reevaluates constantly. One is an asshole if one doesn't.

blueballs
06-11-2006, 01:44 PM
only reason to watch Rome
was the wife they killed off

ENDelt260
06-11-2006, 02:13 PM

Yeah, but they're gonna make a couple two hour long specials to wrap everything up.

StcChief
06-11-2006, 02:42 PM
wait for DVD

Bowser
06-11-2006, 02:42 PM
One of my favorite Al Swearingen's quotes:

"The next c@cksucker that doesn't step out on the balcony to cut the cheese is going to get thrown off the balcony!"

ENDelt260
06-11-2006, 03:03 PM
I love the deadwood transcripts website

And I wanna know who cut the cheese? (Al, making Mr. Smelly-face – goes to the balcony doors) I’ll tell you this for openers. We are gonna set off and area on the balcony. (Opens doors) And God help whoever doesn’t use it because the next stink I have to smell in this office, and whoever doesn’t admit to it is going out the window, into the much onto their (camera stops on Jimmy) ****in’ heads and we’ll see how they like fartin’ from that position. Okay?

http://members.aol.com/chatarama/

Bowser
06-11-2006, 03:12 PM
I love the deadwood transcripts website

http://members.aol.com/chatarama/

Awesome! ROFL

Frazod
06-11-2006, 05:10 PM
When Deadwood goes, so does my subscription to HBO. I guess they're wanting to cancel any show that doesn't prominently feature guys f#cking each other. 4321

Halfcan
06-11-2006, 07:12 PM
When Deadwood goes, so does my subscription to HBO. I guess they're wanting to cancel any show that doesn't prominently feature guys f#cking each other. 4321

Yeah Sopranos was just boring and lame this year. Deadwood is a great show and can't wait to see which C#cksucker gets his throat cut first.

Frazod
06-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Well, at least we got one full season left. Starting now. :thumb:

Frazod
06-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Hmm... mostly setup. Looks like next week's gonna be a bloodbath.

Bwana
06-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Hmm... mostly setup. Looks like next week's gonna be a bloodbath.

Indeed and it's going to be another great season.

Frazod
06-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Indeed and it's going to be another great season.

I wonder if the guy who played McCall and the whorekiller is going to pop up again in a different role?

ENDelt260
06-11-2006, 09:17 PM
I wonder if the guy who played McCall and the whorekiller is going to pop up again in a different role?
He's a somewhat major character on The 4400 now. It could be possible shooting schedules conflicted.

Jesus
06-11-2006, 09:42 PM
He's a somewhat major character on The 4400 now. It could be possible shooting schedules conflicted.

That's right. Too many conflicts. What a character though.

Jesus
06-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Anyone know when the fall schedule is to begin?

Halfcan
06-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Man DB got his azz kicked. Next week should be a good one!!

Frazod
06-11-2006, 10:42 PM

Didn't know that. Oh well. He plays a great creep.

Halfcan
06-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Hurst wants the whole town, but I think Al is going to kill him.

noa
06-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Bullock laid down an a$$ whooping both in this season's premiere and last season's premiere.

Halfcan
06-12-2006, 01:02 AM
Bullock laid down an a$$ whooping both in this season's premiere and last season's premiere.

Yep I think Al and Bullock team up and put Hurst out of business.

deadbabyseal
06-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Yep I think Al and Bullock team up and put Hurst out of business.

Not unless the show is going to completly depart from reality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hearst

cadmonkey
06-12-2006, 08:00 AM
I f*cking love Deadwood you c*cksuckers!

Brock
06-12-2006, 08:11 AM
That is how you do a season opener.

Chiefnj
06-12-2006, 08:21 AM
Farnum: "I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your ****ing attitude?"

Baby Lee
06-12-2006, 09:06 AM
And he's on the run on a jail break with his estranged wife [Lindsay fron Freaks and Geeks] and son on ER.

Otter
06-12-2006, 09:50 AM
What was up with Calamity Jane and that other guy peaking in on the school class?

I missed whatever aspect of the story that was supposed contribute too.

KCTitus
06-12-2006, 09:52 AM
What was up with Calamity Jane and that other guy peaking in on the school class?

Yeah...I didnt get that either. I did find Jane's line funny: 'Huh, a piss puddle...I must have overlooked that when I seated myself.'

Chiefnj
06-12-2006, 10:06 AM

I thought it was just curiosity since they probably didn't go to school themselves. I believe I read that Jane is supposed to talk to the kids as a guest speaker in a few weeks.

Frazod
06-12-2006, 10:12 AM
I know she was a real person and all, but I for one wouldn't mind seeing Jane take up scouting again and get the hell out of town. Lord, does she GRATE on one's nerves. :grr:

Although probably not as much as the real one did.

ENDelt260
06-12-2006, 07:34 PM

They've been playing pretty fast and loose with history the entire time.

Frazod
06-12-2006, 07:42 PM

I didn't realize he was the founder of the Homestake Mine. I guess he's definitely destined to win. That mine is still in operation, BTW. A bit of gold from it resides on my right ring finger.

And Al is destined to lose. He died penniless - in Denver of all places. Yuck.

As for Bullock, his ghost supposedly haunts his old hotel in Deadwood.

Halfcan
06-12-2006, 10:59 PM
I didn't realize he was the founder of the Homestake Mine. I guess he's definitely destined to win. That mine is still in operation, BTW. A bit of gold from it resides on my right ring finger.

And Al is destined to lose. He died penniless - in Denver of all places. Yuck.

As for Bullock, his ghost supposedly haunts his old hotel in Deadwood.

So maybe this is the begging of the end for Al-gotta love that C#cksucker!

greg63
06-12-2006, 11:03 PM
I f*cking love Deadwood you c*cksuckers!

Don't hold anything back; tell us how you really feel.

Frazod
06-12-2006, 11:08 PM
So maybe this is the begging of the end for Al-gotta love that C#cksucker!

Who knows? The real Al lasted in Deadwood for 20 years - didn't leave until the Gem burnt down the second time.

Deadwood was pretty much completely destroyed on three separate occasions - twice by fire and once by flash flood.

I wouldn't be surprised if Milch doesn't use the fire angle to end the series.

Fat Elvis
06-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Wash and stack, shitmonkey.

keg in kc
06-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Good shit. Rescue Me off to a good start (last week was f*cking hilarious) and now Deadwood kicking ass.

Rausch
06-13-2006, 12:51 AM
Good shit. Rescue Me off to a good start (last week was f*cking hilarious) and now Deadwood kicking ass.

I'm a Rescue Me convert. And I s'pose I can relate to the moments on the show where he's expected to be a role model/father figure and he's got no clue WTF he's doing...

Halfcan
06-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Who is going to watch tonight?? Looks like Al and Hurst are going at it.

Someone is going to be feed to the hogs.

Halfcan
06-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Damm Al got jacked up. Hurst wants the town and it looks like he is going to get it.

noa
06-19-2006, 12:15 AM
I hope Al hatches a good revenge plot.

cadmonkey
06-19-2006, 08:01 AM
What was the last thing Al said? Did he say if anyone touched Hurst he would kill him?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-19-2006, 08:06 AM
no, he said no one touch him or he'll kill them, he likes his revenge served cold.

Baby Lee
06-19-2006, 09:06 AM
What was the last thing Al said? Did he say if anyone touched Hurst he would kill him?
Nobody touch him as in Swearingen. As in, 'I'm motoring my own d@mn self back to the Gem under my own power, and if any of you make me look like a pvssy by escorting me like a boy scout helping an old lady across the street, I'll kill you.'

Also, loved Johnny putting Sweh'gen off his boiled eggs.

KCTitus
06-19-2006, 09:16 AM
I didnt get the relevance of the drunk falling off the stage and breaking his neck...was that just filler for a 50 minute episode?

Looks like Wu is back in town...good thing cause the bodies are stacking up.

Frazod
06-19-2006, 09:47 AM
On a side note, I really wish they'd quit showing Jane naked. :Lin:

We're long overdue to see Joanie naked. I vote for that! :thumb:

Baby Lee
06-19-2006, 09:50 AM
We're long overdue to see Joanie naked. I vote for that! :thumb:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0329476/

Frazod
06-19-2006, 09:51 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0329476/

I think I'll not click on this from the office. :hmmm:

Baby Lee
06-19-2006, 09:52 AM
I didnt get the relevance of the drunk falling off the stage and breaking his neck...was that just filler for a 50 minute episode?
I think it was showing the gang's paranoia about Hearst's next move, and the fact that, despite the paranoia, Dan and Johnny were still too lazy to get out of bed and take care of business.
Also, it set up the boiled eggs bit.

Bwana
07-09-2006, 07:01 PM
On tonight and it looks damn good!

Halfcan
07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Wow that was the best show of the season. Dan killed the Captain. That was a great fight!!!!

Smoke
07-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Great show tonight! Weeks of laying the plots now we get some action at last. Looks like next week will have some fireworks too.

One eye poked out and two boobs used for bullhorns=HBO at it's best.

Halfcan
07-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Great show tonight! Weeks of laying the plots now we get some action at last. Looks like next week will have some fireworks too.

One eye poked out and two boobs used for bullhorns=HBO at it's best.

Yep that was gross-just plucked his eye right out. I thought Captain was going to drown him in the mud. Great fight!!!!

Jenny Gump
07-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Yep that was gross-just plucked his eye right out. I thought Captain was going to drown him in the mud. Great fight!!!!

I just about puked when that eye flopped out.

Didn't see the Hostetler ending coming.

BTW, Mrs. Ellsworth was wanting some salami wasn't she? I think he should take the kid with him when he goes.

Is it just me, or does Bullock walk around camp all day angry and stomping around?

Baby Lee
07-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Anyone have the exact quote about Hearst's invitation for the sheriff to 'eff himself' being ambiguous as to a declaration of general disdain or an overestimation of the sheriff's physical prowess.

Smoke
07-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Bullock always seems pissed off for one reason or another..I expected him and Hearst butting heads to be more than a ear twisting out of the bar.

I think Hearst will try to OD Alma with the help of Leon to take control of the camp.

Whatever happens I hope Dan puts some damn clothes on....dude has got some major love handles that I don't care to ever see greased up again.

Baby Lee
07-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Bullock always seems pissed off for one reason or another..I expected him and Hearst butting heads to be more than a ear twisting out of the bar.

I think Hearst will try to OD Alma with the help of Leon to take control of the camp.

Whatever happens I hope Dan puts some damn clothes on....dude has got some major love handles that I don't care to ever see greased up again.
Beats the heck out of Johnny putting folks off their boiled eggs.

Chiefnj
07-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Deadwood is having a good season. Lots of interesting things, especially Al slowly losing his grip on the town as civilization approaches. There was a time when Alfred knew everything going on in Deadwood, but now he doesn't even know who owns the big homes on the end of the street and Hearst has more power and money than anyone he has encountered.

I'm wondering if Heart got himself arrested on purpose. He's been one step ahead of everyone else all season.

Halfcan
07-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Deadwood is having a good season. Lots of interesting things, especially Al slowly losing his grip on the town as civilization approaches. There was a time when Alfred knew everything going on in Deadwood, but now he doesn't even know who owns the big homes on the end of the street and Hearst has more power and money than anyone he has encountered.

I'm wondering if Heart got himself arrested on purpose. He's been one step ahead of everyone else all season.

I thought Bullock was going to kick his ass, instead he pulled his ear. :hmmm:

ENDelt260
07-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Anyone have the exact quote about Hearst's invitation for the sheriff to 'eff himself' being ambiguous as to a declaration of general disdain or an overestimation of the sheriff's physical prowess.

"When I say, '**** yourself, Sheriff,' will you put that down to drunkenness, or a high estimate of your athleticisim?"

Halfcan
07-10-2006, 08:13 PM
"When I say, '**** yourself, Sheriff,' will you put that down to drunkenness, or a high estimate of your athleticisim?"

Classic! ROFL

Swanman
07-10-2006, 10:45 PM
I thought Bullock was going to kick his ass, instead he pulled his ear. :hmmm:

In a way, that's about 10X more degrading than an asswhipping, being led down the thoroughfare by your ear like a little schoolboy.

Smoke
07-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Where does Cy line up? Hearst will have hired guns we have not yet seen, but what about those who already are set up in Deadwood? Hearst spurned Cy once...will he side with him again or join Al/Bullock?

Halfcan
07-16-2006, 09:34 PM
A bit slow tonight, but they are bringing in hired guns for one big fight.

Should be excellent next week.

unlurking
07-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Well, looks like it is down to Deadwood vs. Hearst. Wonder how many episodes it will take Hearst's men to get there.

Also been wondering when fruition would come about regarding Stubbs dedicated attentions to Jane. Guess we'll see that next week.

Interesting episode, but seemed like a let down after the Captain and Dan's tussle. Looks like a setup for the coming war. Man I wish they hadn't cancelled this show.

unlurking
07-16-2006, 09:38 PM
A bit slow tonight, but they are bringing in hired guns for one big fight.

Should be excellent next week.
My thoughts exactly (though slower to type). Slow, but it was still good. Odell's stories of gold seemed to pretty much seal the deal regarding his intentions in Deadwood.

stevieray
07-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Calamity Jane was a lesbian?

Somebody alert Rainman.

Halfcan
07-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Calamity Jane was a lesbian?

Somebody alert Rainman.

She was a drunk and a prostitute, so it is probably not a big streatch she swung both ways.

Baby Lee
08-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Had to bring this back up after the STELLAR episode last night.
Al playing Batman, leaping to the aid of Alma.
Dority laying the sitch out for the apoplectic Ellsworth.
Con's boner, that'll have to wait 'til tomorrow evening.
Hearst's spittle and Farnum's inability to wipe it away.
Clench Bullock ready to fold the dinner table in half with his bare hands.
Jewel's beaming pride in a well prepared meal.

Much, much more. . .

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Dang I missed the last 3 weeks-but will getting caught up this week.

noa
08-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Last night's episode was great. Al got the info he wanted and the revenge he wanted. Between Al, Bullock, Mr. Ellsworth, and Aunt Lu, and the newspaper guy there are plenty of people pissed at Hearst right now.

Bwana
08-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Only two episodes left, may they both be as great as last nights show!!

Smoke
08-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Al did prove one thing last night...kick a man in the nut sack enough, and he will tell you any damn thing you want to know.

Anyone know why Al hates Hawkeye to the point nobody can even say his name?

unlurking
08-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, all those waiting to see Trixie naked should be happy now!

:)

Man, they just keep building the suspense with this show. I have a feeling next week will only bring us to the edge of the final confrontation, and we will have to wait a year for the final 2 2-hour episodes. Great episode though.

Bwana
08-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Next week should be good. It will be a great day when Hurst catches one between the eyes.

greg63
08-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Next week should be good. It will be a great day when Hurst catches one between the eyes.
Awesome sig! ROFL

Miles
08-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Wu big man.

Smoke
08-21-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm thinking the season is going to end with a huge cliffhanger, making us wait till next years two 2 hour shows.

Wu is bringing the "chinks" so I wonder if Hawkeye will show up with Indians...that would make Al flip out.

Too many story lines to wrap up in 50-60 minutes.

Bwana
08-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Last one tonight, may it be a good one.

JimNasium
08-27-2006, 05:40 PM
W00t!

Frazod
08-27-2006, 09:23 PM

Well, it wasn't.

Good God, that sucked worse than our 2004 defense. What a disappointing, anti-climactic piece of crap. Probably the worst episode of the entire series. :shake:

dirk digler
08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Damn I wanted to see Hurst bleed and plea for POS life

Brock
08-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Well, it wasn't.

Good God, that sucked worse than our 2004 defense. What a disappointing, anti-climactic piece of crap. Probably the worst episode of the entire series. :shake:

I thought it was goddamn awesome. The moron who cancelled this show should be eating out of a dumpster.

Halfcan
08-27-2006, 09:41 PM
I havn't got to see the last few but will watch them this week. I can't beleive they are ending this show??

Bwana
08-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Well, it wasn't.

Yeah, you're right. WTF was that about? For the love of God, they didn't even set anything up for next season. :shake:

dirk digler
08-27-2006, 09:44 PM
I havn't got to see the last few but will watch them this week. I can't beleive they are ending this show??

They are cancelling Deadwood?

Bwana
08-27-2006, 09:45 PM
I thought it was goddamn awesome. The moron who cancelled this show should be eating out of a dumpster.

Really? It's toast? If that's the case, I'm going to give direct TV a call and tell them where they can hang their HBO. Deadwood was the only reason I had left to retain it.

Stick a fork in it, it's done.

dirk digler
08-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Damn from the NY Times in July

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/11/arts/television/11mcki.html?ex=1307678400en=ccfdba8f73d9b0afei=5088partner=rssnytemc=rss

As angry e-mail messages streamed into HBO offices — and the end date for the actors' contracts approached — Mr. Albrecht and Mr. Milch searched for a compromise. Last weekend, Mr. Milch rushed to New York and proposed a final idea. By the end of the meeting they struck a deal: two two-hour final episodes to run next year. Last Sunday night, just after the deal was settled, Mr. Milch said he was "deeply gratified" that the show would return, at least for a farewell bow. "I've always known that the support for this show was not a mile wide," he said. "But it was a fathom deep."

Halfcan
08-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Damn from the NY Times in July

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/11/arts/television/11mcki.html?ex=1307678400en=ccfdba8f73d9b0afei=5088partner=rssnytemc=rss

They should cancel Big Love before Deadwood.

dirk digler
08-27-2006, 09:54 PM

Yep that show is worthless

Bwana
08-27-2006, 09:55 PM

Indeed

Baby Lee
08-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Really? It's toast? If that's the case, I'm going to give direct TV a call and tell them where they can hang their HBO. Deadwood was the only reason I had left to retain it.

Stick a fork in it, it's done.
Except that 'The Wire' might in some ways be an even better show.

boogblaster
08-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Deadwood is AL...the rest are just filler...BOOG....

keg in kc
08-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Except that 'The Wire' might in some ways be an even better show.I think The Wire is and always has been a better show. I think it's been the best HBO series all along. Which isn't saying Deadwood or anything else is bad; it's a statement about how f*cking good The Wire is.

Problem is, apparently you and I comprise the audience...

Brock
08-28-2006, 09:40 AM
I like The Wire also, and I'm glad there's at least one more season of it. I just don't understand how a show as wildly popular as Deadwood gets cancelled.

keg in kc
08-28-2006, 09:44 AM
I like The Wire also, and I'm glad there's at least one more season of it. I just don't understand how a show as wildly popular as Deadwood gets cancelled.And Milch is showrunner for an HBO series about a surfer in socal or something. Maybe HBO is making a play for those billions of viewers who watch stuff like that on the networks formerly known as WB and UPN. It's like chum in the water. Watch out, CW, the 'BO is coming.

Bwana
06-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Last I heard, they were going to make two or three two hour specials to close this thing out. Did I miss them, was that just some BS story? Any word at all on the making of more Deadwoods?

Gonzo
06-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Last I heard, they were going to make two or three two hour specials to close this thing out. Did I miss them, was that just some BS story? Any word at all on the making of more Deadwoods?

I've tried looking for information on this myself, to no avail...

I heard the same thing about the specials but they have not been on yet.

blueballs
06-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Hope they pop open
Chief-in-a-box

Anyong Bluth
06-23-2007, 11:33 AM
It's 2 2 hour movies. They are looking at showing them around next spring / summer.

ENDelt260
06-23-2007, 12:11 PM
This is kind of an interesting quote.

Of reports that he had intended for "Deadwood" to run four seasons, Milch has this to say: "You know, the big thing to keep in mind when you hear those sorts of statements that I had planned on a fourth season on this -- I'm a sociopath. You know, someone asked me, how long do you intend to do 'Deadwood'? And as part of my sociopathology, I say, 'Well, when does my contract run out?' And I realize my contract ran out at the end of four seasons. So I'm thinking, 'How does the kid exert the most leverage in the negotiating package for four seasons?' ...

Linky (http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-davidmilchdeadwoodmovies,0,2242495.story?coll=zap-news-headlines)

Line Judge
06-24-2007, 12:58 AM
Try this for the most recent news.

http://www.savedeadwood.net/

If they don't start filming the final 4 hours right now, there will never be closure to this series. They will never get the cast together again.

Halfcan
06-24-2007, 01:31 AM

If they don't start filming the final 4 hours right now, there will never be closure to this series. They will never get the cast together again.

yep thats what I was thinking-man I can't wait

boogblaster
06-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Kock-Soker- W00 say....

Bwana
06-24-2007, 11:07 AM

Hmmm? :hmmm: This may never get done. :shake: Time to pull the plug on HBO. I will renew in the event they do make the final two shows, at least for a few weeks. As of now, I pay for it and watch it about once every two months. Bad math..........

Thank you for your continued interest in the HBO original series, Deadwood. Mr. Plepler has asked that I reply on his behalf to your forceful e-mail.

As you are obviously aware, what has made HBO home to so many landmark original series and movies is our continued willingness to give creative talents like David Chase (The Sopranos), Alan Ball (Six Feet Under), and Deadwood’s David Milch the creative latitude to see how far they can push the boundaries of television entertainment.

In the case of Mr. Milch, this meant also giving him the opportunity to put Deadwood aside in order to explore a new concept he had in mind and which viewers have been introduced to as John from Cincinnati. At this time, Mr. Milch intends to re-focus his energies on the movies which will conclude the Deadwood saga once he has completed work on the first season of John.

In the meantime, we hope you will find, along with John from Cincinnati, many other new programs on our upcoming schedules that will pique your interest and continue to show HBO as the best place to find innovative and groundbreaking TV entertainment. Thank you, again, for your interest in our service.

Sincerely,
Bill Mesce
Manager,
HBO Consumer Affairs

noa
06-24-2007, 11:35 AM
I really wish they had slated a time to finish Deadwood before they let everyone go their separate ways. The way his career is going right now, I bet Timothy Olyphant could be booked for years. Especially if Hitman turns out to be a good movie.