CupidStunt
06-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Can he play corner?

el borracho
06-11-2006, 01:16 PM
And the Ramsification continues...

RedandGold
06-11-2006, 01:18 PM
If anything, this is a low-risk addition to the depth chart.

ChiefaRoo
06-11-2006, 01:26 PM
get law, and another rb if priest doesnt get cleared and we might have a shot

Right on, we still need Law.

I like Turley's pickup. He's nasty and tough. I wonder if he can really play Tackle at less than 300lbs. Should be interesting.

StcChief
06-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Well the speculation is over....can he play TE as blocker or is he gonna bulk up and go back on the Oline....

Bowser
06-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Well the speculation is over....can he play TE as blocker or is he gonna bulk up and go back on the Oline....

My guess is he'll be our goalline fullback to start. Or, line him up next to Jason Dunn, who would be next to Willie Roaf. Stop THAT sweep, NFL!

Mr. Laz
06-11-2006, 01:32 PM
agreed to play tackle??

it's usually not a good idea to twist a players arm into playing a certain position ... they usually don't have their heart into.

i hope it's just "agreed to keep tackle option open" or something.

a stud blocking fullback/h-back/TE would be a really good thing for us.

i'm not sure Turley has any tackle position left in him.

CupidStunt
06-11-2006, 01:33 PM
He wouldn't make the roster as a TE.

If he shows enough ability, he'll make it as a backup tackle.

StcChief
06-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Turley > Black

For now anyway...Experienced Vet hope he stays healthy.

I like what Herm is doing

Bowser
06-11-2006, 01:37 PM
I thnk Black would be better at guarding a shopping mall on the night shift...

FYP

ct
06-11-2006, 01:43 PM
My guess is he'll be our goalline fullback to start. Or, line him up next to Jason Dunn, who would be next to Willie Roaf. Stop THAT sweep, NFL!

If his back is healthy, I like the sound of that!!

StcChief
06-11-2006, 01:49 PM
If he can get closer to 20 to 30 pounds away from his New Orleans weight he should be fine at OT

if roaf goes down, i would feel much better having him come in then Black

Turley was RT from what I remember with Lambs/Saints

Experience at LT? nfl.com says G

rtmike
06-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Turley was quoted somewhere, prolly read it here, that some team was gonna get a hell of a o-lineman. And that he needed to set the record straight.

HolmeZz
06-11-2006, 01:54 PM
So we never acquired Bennett?

recxjake
06-11-2006, 01:57 PM
So we never acquired Bennett?

no, hopefully we don't need to if priest gets cleared

Spicy McHaggis
06-11-2006, 01:57 PM
if roaf goes down, i would feel much better having him come in then Black

I think you gotta go with Svitek if Roaf goes down. As far as I know Turley hasn't ever played LT.

DMAC
06-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Well now if Trent ever gets tackled we have Turley to bust some skulls!!

RedandGold
06-11-2006, 02:02 PM
I think you gotta go with Svitek if Roaf goes down. As far as I know Turley hasn't ever played LT.

He was switched to LT in New Orleans after Roaf came to KC.

Adept Havelock
06-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Good news. I like this acquisition. Some solid depth for the O-Line. Also a nice extra blocker around the Goal Line.

greg63
06-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Good news. I like this acquisition. Some solid depth for the O-Line. Also a nice extra blocker around the Goal Line.

Yeah, I think it would be interesting to see how he would be as a blocking tight end.

greg63
06-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Chiefs | Turley agrees to two-year deal
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:13:14 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports free agent OT/TE Kyle Turley (Rams) is about to make his return after being gone from the league for two years. Turley has agreed in principle on a two-year deal to join the Kansas City Chiefs. The deal has yet to be completed, but the Chiefs believe that will happen Monday, June 12, when he also takes a physical for the team. Turley has agreed to play tackle in Kansas City, but they may also utilize him as a tight end, too. Turley has reportedly dropped around 50 pounds since he used to play tackle with the New Orleans Saints.

Link? Or, was this the entire article???

greg63
06-11-2006, 02:28 PM
www.foxsports.com (http://www.foxsports.com)
Thanks!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=77&forum=1

Adept Havelock
06-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I think it would be interesting to see how he would be as a blocking tight end.

Yes indeed. As much as I'd love to see him get back to the crazy-man Tackle he used to be, I'm afraid age and injury make that unlikely.

I can still hope he's in good enough shape to be our starting RT though. A ways back Roaf and Turley were one of the better duo's I've seen at that position.

Dunit35
06-11-2006, 02:38 PM
ESPN.com has an article about it as well. I like this pick up though. If healthy he could be a force.

Adept Havelock
06-11-2006, 02:42 PM
The only downside I see is that either Sampson, Black or Svitek won't make the roster
Only you would lament the loss of Jordan Black, AKA Highway 65, the Trent Green Memorial Expressway. ROFL

Sorry, I don't see any downside there at all.

greg63
06-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Yes indeed. As much as I'd love to see him get back to the crazy-man Tackle he used to be, I'm afraid age and injury make that unlikely.

I can still hope he's in good enough shape to be our starting RT though. A ways back Roaf and Turley were one of the better duo's I've seen at that position.

I wonder if anyone his a video of the infamous helmet throwing incident???

greg63
06-11-2006, 02:50 PM
ESPN.com has an article about it as well. I like this pick up though. If healthy he could be a force.

Definitely!

Dunit35
I wonder if anyone his a video of the infamous helmet throwing incident???

I love Turley for doing that. That guy would do anything for his QB.

jlscorpio
What's not to love about about a helmet-throwing badd@$$ blocker, no matter where he lines up at? I like this signing a lot. He will bring a nastiness that was missing during Vermiel's lovefest. Jordan Black, please pick up the white courtesy phone...

greg63
06-11-2006, 02:51 PM
I love Turley for doing that. That guy would do anything for his QB.

The mark of a good "O" lineman! :D

RedandGold
06-11-2006, 02:52 PM
It's also posted on kchiefs.com now:

Link (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/06/11/chiefs_reach_agreement_in_principle_with_t_kyle_turley/)

Chief Roundup
CHIEFS REACH AGREEMENT IN PRINCIPLE WITH T KYLE TURLEY
Jun 11, 2006, 12:22:02 PM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Sunday that the club has agreed in principle on a two-year contract with T Kyle Turley. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

“We are very pleased to acquire the services of a player of Kyle Turley’s experience and stature,” Peterson said. “We were very impressed with his recent workout for us and are confident he is ready to resume his NFL career. He will compete at the right tackle position for us and we believe he has the ability to perform at a high level.”

Turley (6-5, 300) has started all 95 games he has seen duty in during his seven-year NFL career with New Orleans (’98-02) and St. Louis (2003-04). He has opened 66 contests at right tackle, 17 games at left tackle and 12 contests at left guard. Turley has also started four playoff games. The Provo, Utah native earned All-Pro honors with the Saints in 2000 when he combined with current Chiefs T Willie Roaf to anchor an offense that ranked eighth in the NFL, producing 129.3 rushing yards per game.

Turley originally entered the NFL as a first-round pick (seventh overall) of New Orleans in the ‘98 NFL Draft, where he was selected by current Chiefs Vice President of Player Personnel Bill Kuharich who was serving as the Saints President, General Manager and Chiefs Operating Officer at the time. Turley played five seasons with the Saints, opening 79 contests. He also started two postseason contests for New Orleans, including the franchise’s first-ever playoff victory in 2000.

He was acquired by the Rams in 2003 from New Orleans in exchange for the Rams second-round selection in the 2004 NFL Draft. He started 16 regular season games and one postseason contest at right tackle for St. Louis in 2003, serving as part of a Rams offense that ranked third in the league, averaging 247.6 yards per game. St. Louis also ranked fourth in the NFL in scoring that season, posting 25.6 points per game.

The San Diego State product earned All-America honors as a senior, becoming the first Aztecs lineman to win such accolades since ‘79. Turley started all 12 contests that season and was a finalist for the Outland Trophy and Lombardi Award. He was named first-team all-league as a senior at Valley View High School in Moreno Valley, California.

greg63
What's not to love about about a helmet-throwing badd@$$ blocker, no matter where he lines up at? I like this signing a lot. He will bring a nastiness that was missing during Vermiel's lovefest. Jordan Black, please pick up the white courtesy phone...

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

greg63
06-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Roaf, Watters, Wiegmann, Shields, Turley....... enough said

:thumb:

JBucc
06-11-2006, 03:07 PM
I so signed him on my Madden Franchise this morning. The craziness.

jlscorpio
06-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Was Welbourn always a tackle, or did he play some guard before? Just curious.

Moooo
06-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Was Welbourn always a tackle, or did he play some guard before? Just curious.

Guard for the Eagles if I'm not mistaken...

Moooo

jlscorpio
06-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Weel, possible O-line for 2008 and beyond:

Svitek, Waters, Wiegmann, Welbourn, Turley.

Potentially nasty

Saulbadguy
06-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Not a bad move if he can get back in shape.

Mecca
06-11-2006, 03:33 PM

Potentially nasty

I'm not going to project a guy who's done nothing more than play in NFLE as a starting LT in the NFL. I still think we're going to have to use a high draft pick to fill that spot.

chubychecker
06-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Absolutely great sign for us. Virtually no downside risk...huge upside potential. If healthy could potentially be serviceable for at least 3 or 4 years. Roaf going down hurt us bad last year. This provides much needed insurance. With an aging (old) QB there is nothing more important than depth on the oline.
:clap: :clap:

the Talking Can
06-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Absolutely great sign for us. Virtually no downside risk...huge upside potential. If healthy could potentially be serviceable for at least 3 or 4 years. Roaf going down hurt us bad last year. This provides much needed insurance. With an aging (old) QB there is nothing more important than depth on the oline.
:clap: :clap:

yup...if he doesn't pan out we "lose" nothing...and if I trust the Chiefs at any position it is OL...I'd like to know his actualy weight right now...

recxjake
06-11-2006, 03:51 PM
yup...if he doesn't pan out we "lose" nothing...and if I trust the Chiefs at any position it is OL...I'd like to know his actualy weight right now...

I heard in an interview a few weeks ago that he was gaining weight each week and that he would eventually get back to his old weight

The Poz
06-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Can't wait to see a bronco's helmet in his hand.

4th and Long
06-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Turley > Black
Given his history of injuries, and that was the reason the Rams sent him packing, I question that comment.

Mecca
06-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Given his history of injuries, and that was the reason the Rams sent him packing, I question that comment.

Let's not mention that Mike Martz said Turley threatened to kill him.

After what I saw last year I highly doubt he at his current status is any worse than Jordan Black.

Count Zarth
06-11-2006, 04:23 PM
WPI chimes in:

Turley Set to Join Chiefs

The Chiefs have not made an announcement about signing Kyle Turley, but Fox Sports and Warpaint Illustrated have confirmed that they are close to a deal with the offensive lineman. According to the report, Turley will sign a two-year deal.

The sticking point in the negotiations thus far has been Turley's unwillingness to play right tackle. He has reportedly lost almost 50 pounds and is in the best shape of his career.

With that issue resolved, Turley should compete for the starting right tackle job against Kevin Sampson. If Turley loses that battle, he could then play some tight end in short yardage situations.

Turley has made it clear to any prospective suitor that he wanted to play tight end, but that’s not a position of need for the Chiefs.

When we first reported that Turley was an option for the Chiefs two weeks ago, we confirmed that Kansas City’s interest in him was related to upgrading depth on the offensive line.

Turley has battled a bad back, but he worked out at Arrowhead and appeared to be in spectacular shape. The major question now is can he bulk up enough to play the role of an offensive lineman? It’s doubtful that the Chiefs would have signed him unless they were confident he could play tackle.

Another possibility could be guard. Veteran John Welbourn was absent from practice this past week. Head coach Herman Edwards said Welbourn was taking care of some personal matters.

“He’s got some things he’s dealing with too, all personal,” said Edwards. “It’s really a blessing, in a way, because now these young guys who we think are the back-up guys can get a lot of reps with the first group again.”

Welbourn played right tackle for the Chiefs at the end of last season, filling in for Sampson, but his MIA status last week could be related to his demand for a new contract. Though he still has two years left on his current deal, his role for the 2006 season is anything but set and the Chiefs will tinker with the roster before the season starts.

But clearly, his absence made the Chiefs step up in their efforts to sign Turley.

Vice President of Player Personnel Bill Kuharich is familiar with Turley. He drafted him in the first round in 1998 when he was the President of the New Orleans Saints.

Turley will bring a mean-spirited attitude to the offensive line. He’ll also be reunited with left tackle Willie Roaf, as the two played together in New Orleans.

Cochise
06-11-2006, 04:24 PM
but Fox Sports and Warpaint Illustrated have confirmed

Read: someone from Warpaint looked at Fox Sports.com

Logical
06-11-2006, 04:25 PM
:smile of finger spinning indicating big whoop:

Thig Lyfe
06-11-2006, 04:28 PM
But what about Law?

Mecca
06-11-2006, 04:29 PM
That Welbourne thing wouldn't surprise me the Eagles got rid of him because he demanded a new contract.

recxjake
06-11-2006, 04:32 PM
That worries me about Welbourne.... we need him

recxjake
06-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Bober would be the only backup guard if we lose welborne

chiefsfaninNC
06-11-2006, 04:35 PM
That worries me about Welbourne.... we need him

What we NEED is a corner and an up grade at WR. We pull off those two signings and I am predicting SB.

recxjake
06-11-2006, 04:37 PM
What we NEED is a corner and an up grade at WR. We pull off those two signings and I am predicting SB.

Law has two choices... KC and the Titans.... Herm + Surtain + a real shot at winning a SB will get law to sign with us.

We do not need another WR.... Kennison, Parker and Crap are good enough

Chief Roundup
06-11-2006, 04:37 PM

Potentially nasty
Sounds good but he is going to be 33 in just over a month so lets hope he can stay healthy as well. I would say we will be lucky if we get 2 more years out of Wiegmann.
Roaf is 36 and Shields are 34 and are talking about retiring. IIRC Roaf is considered an oddity to of been able to play at a high level this far into his career.

Mecca
06-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Bober would be the only backup guard if we lose welborne

With Turley coming in Black will probably be moved to backup Guard on the depth chart. No reason to have 5 tackles.

recxjake
06-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Sounds good but he is going to be 33 in just over a month so lets hope he can stay healthy as well. I would say we will be lucky if we get 2 more years out of Wiegmann.
Roaf is 36 and Shields are 34 and are talking about retiring. IIRC Roaf is considered an oddity to of been able to play at a high level this far into his career.

Turley is 30 I thought

recxjake
06-11-2006, 04:40 PM
With Turley coming in Black will probably be moved to backup Guard on the depth chart. No reason to have 5 tackles.

Yea I could see that... Bober and Black at guard, Sampson and Sviteck at tackles

Nzoner
06-11-2006, 04:40 PM
but Fox Sports and Warpaint Illustrated have confirmed that

chiefsfaninNC
06-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Law has two choices... KC and the Titans.... Herm + Surtain + a real shot at winning a SB will get law to sign with us.

We do not need another WR.... Kennison, Parker and Crap are good enough

Kennison is a #2. I am happy with Kennison. Crap is 2nd year and has still shown nothing. Parker showed the ability to drop passes last year and not much more. We need another WR. There will be times we will need and have to throw. We showed an inablity to do that last year.

Moooo
06-11-2006, 04:42 PM

Though I'd agree with you, I don't think WR is as big of a deal as most. I mean, with Tony, we have two capable recievers (I don't care, any reciever with 1,000 yards the last 2 seasons is capable), so its not like when you're looking at a regular team with Eddie and Samie as starters.

The CB I even think we don't need someone like Law, but he'd be nice. I think all of it will fall into place when we get some another good pass-rushing DE (which I think Hali will become good and good at the run also), and maybe a DT who can demand a double team occasionally.

Moooo

recxjake
06-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Kennison is a #2. I am happy with Kennison. Crap is 2nd year and has still shown nothing. Parker showed the ability to drop passes last year and not much more. We need another WR. There will be times we will need and have to throw. We showed an inablity to do that last year.

I can tell you this.... There isn't anyone on the FA market that is any better then what we have.... We have some great young kids who just need the chance to prove they can play

Chief Roundup
06-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Turley is 30 I thought
I was talking about Wiegmann. Read it again.

Mecca
06-11-2006, 04:46 PM
I think we need a WR also but that will have to wait till next year.

Logical
06-11-2006, 04:46 PM
I can tell you this.... There isn't anyone on the FA market that is any better then what we have.... We have some great young kids who just need the chance to prove they can playThis might be true but that is more and indication of how little is out there to be had.

recxjake
06-11-2006, 04:48 PM
This might be true but that is more and indication of how little is out there to be had.

I like who we have... they get the job done... last time I checked the offense was the least of our problems

Moooo
06-11-2006, 04:51 PM
I like who we have... they get the job done... last time I checked the offense was the least of our problems

Yeah. Like I said before, people look at our WRs and say, "Crap" (not about Thorpe, either), but they forget about Tony. Tony IS a reciever, and whether he's our #1 or #2 option, our top two options are more than sufficient. This is why I also don't understand why people say we need a possesion WR. Is Tony not good enough to be a possesion reciever?

Moooo

chiefsfaninNC
06-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Yeah. Like I said before, people look at our WRs and say, "Crap" (not about Thorpe, either), but they forget about Tony. Tony IS a reciever, and whether he's our #1 or #2 option, our top two options are more than sufficient. This is why I also don't understand why people say we need a possesion WR. Is Tony not good enough to be a possesion reciever?

Moooo

Tony is getting old and from all reports is still bothered by his toe. We need to give him help. He is still great, but not what he was. Another outside threat would give him numbers like he used to put up.

recxjake
06-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Tony is getting old and from all reports is still bothered by his toe. We need to give him help. He is still great, but not what he was. Another outside threat would give him numbers like he used to put up.

old lol, he's not even 30 yet i believe... he has 5+ more years...

chiefsfaninNC
06-11-2006, 05:06 PM

Last time I checked our O was shut down a few times last year. It is great to have young guys trying to make plays and step up, but not when you have no other options. We need a proven player outside. I too like the fact that we added depth in the O line. It was a proven weakness last year. WR was also a proven weakness. We need to add someone. If it takes a trade then get it done damnit "Carl".

chiefsfaninNC
06-11-2006, 05:09 PM
old lol, he's not even 30 yet i believe... he has 5+ more years...

He is 30 with 10 years in the league. Age and abuse is slowing him down. I agree he could have 5 years left, but we need to help him out.

Moooo
06-11-2006, 05:09 PM

Right. I honestly don't think we can offer him that good of help without changing the whole playbook. He's too rare to just plug someone in his spot and go on. I think Eddie compliments him well as a mix between possesion and burning, (which is part of why his numbers are so good), and we are doing our best to get a downfield threat. Perhaps a possession reciever like 3-4 deep would be nice, but not as someone starting opposite Eddie. Eddie's not getting faster, he's really worked on his hands to compensate, IMO.

Moooo

Moooo
06-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Last time I checked our O was shut down a few times last year. It is great to have young guys trying to make plays and step up, but not when you have no other options. We need a proven player outside. I too like the fact that we added depth in the O line. It was a proven weakness last year. WR was also a proven weakness. We need to add someone. If it takes a trade then get it done damnit "Carl".

Do you think that the getting shut down occasionally was due to running the same offense for as long as we have? I mean, people catch on after a while, and it was sitll amazing. But, it had no major changes in a few years, so expecially AFC West rivals will get to the point where they see things and know how to react to them.

Moooo

chiefsfaninNC
06-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Right. I honestly don't think we can offer him that good of help without changing the whole playbook. He's too rare to just plug someone in his spot and go on. I think Eddie compliments him well as a mix between possesion and burning, (which is part of why his numbers are so good), and we are doing our best to get a downfield threat. Perhaps a possession reciever like 3-4 deep would be nice, but not as someone starting opposite Eddie. Eddie's not getting faster, he's really worked on his hands to compensate, IMO.

Moooo

1st I don't want anyone in Tony's spot. Secondly, Eddie is adequate. He has had a couple solid years and he turns it up against the donks. But we need someone starting opposite Eddie. I don't trust Sammie or Crap or any of the other young guys. We don't need a TO or any STAR receiver, but we need a solid go to guy. To me sticking with what we have is reminiscent of keeping all the D and bringing in Gun and expecting different results.

Count Zarth
06-11-2006, 05:16 PM
NC, you have no idea what Parker or Crap can become. They're both brimming with talent. Give them a chance.

Moooo
06-11-2006, 05:18 PM
NC, you have no idea what Parker or Crap can become. They're both brimming with talent. Give them a chance.

Maybe he's saying that with the aging Offense, we need someone this year. I would somewhat agree, after seeing what our team was like without Roaf (though his backup was less than appropriate).

Moooo

Cochise
06-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Parker could be fine as a slot receiver. We put him in, he runs deep routes, he uses his speed to generate yards. He could be the receiver that Dante Hall would be if he was a little better.

I agree that he doesn't look like a #2. Thorpe has the measurables to develop into a guy who can play with physical corners. But he's a question mark at best too.

chiefsfaninNC
06-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Do you think that the getting shut down occasionally was due to running the same offense for as long as we have? I mean, people catch on after a while, and it was sitll amazing. But, it had no major changes in a few years, so expecially AFC West rivals will get to the point where they see things and know how to react to them.

Moooo

And we find ourselves in the same position again this year. Same personnel on O running the same game plan. We need a small change. We need someone in there that can produce. We have an outstanding running game. With a small improvement to the WR's we could be unstoppable. It is a mistake to stand pat again.

chiefsfaninNC
06-11-2006, 05:23 PM

I believe you may be correct. But we need someone to show them how it is done. TO was at his best when he was competing with Jerry and the boys.

Count Zarth
06-11-2006, 05:26 PM
I believe you may be correct. But we need someone to show them how it is done. TO was at his best when he was competing with Jerry and the boys.

Kennison is that guy. So is Charlie Joiner.

Moooo
06-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Thorpe has the measurables to develop into a guy who can play with physical corners. But he's a question mark at best too.

Most players take time to develop into monsters. Just as an easy example, Tony was on the bench his rookie year to Ted Popson, and he was a 1st rounder.

The fact that there's probably a 1 in 5 or 10 chance these guys are gonna turn into something special, not to mention not knowing how long it will take drives you nuts (it does me, at least).

How much I want to go out and get someone who we know what we're getting in to, I have to check myself and realize the only way a rookie gets good in the NFL is by sucking for a while (how long they suck is the tough part).

And we find ourselves in the same position again this year. Same personnel on O running the same game plan. We need a small change. We need someone in there that can produce. We have an outstanding running game. With a small improvement to the WR's we could be unstoppable. It is a mistake to stand pat again.

I don't know if I agree with this wholeheartedly. Even if we had a perfect offense, we only have so many possessions to do something with. I look at our yards per play on offense, and I'm content, especially concerning how much running we do.

Moooo

Count Zarth
06-11-2006, 05:28 PM
I agree that he doesn't look like a #2. oo.

Parker looked like a #2 after he came back from his injury last year. There's no reason he can't be. He's got all the tools.

chiefsfaninNC
06-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Parker looked like a #2 after he came back from his injury last year. There's no reason he can't be. He's got all the tools.

He has the tools, but he dropped too many passes last year. We need more competition. What if Sammie goes down again or God forbid if Kenny goes down? What then? We need to upgrade our receiving corps.

Brock
06-11-2006, 05:35 PM
To me sticking with what we have is reminiscent of keeping all the D and bringing in Gun and expecting different results.

There is a major flaw in your logic. Can you spot it?

chiefsfaninNC
06-11-2006, 05:38 PM

The O doesn't suck?

Bowser
06-11-2006, 05:39 PM

OOOO!! OOOO! OOOO! ME! ME! ME! [/Horseshack]

JimNasium
06-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Two words: Kris Wilson.
http://www.exhibitoronline.com/exhibitormagazine/images/november_2004/mediaevent/wilson_small.jpg

Wile_E_Coyote
06-11-2006, 06:03 PM
what was Kiwika and LJ this time last year but ?s. Give the young WRs some work

beer bacon
06-11-2006, 06:04 PM

Our problem last season was never really our WRs. Our problem was protecting the quarterback while Roaf was out. Once Roaf was back the offense was humming again.

Halfcan
06-11-2006, 06:07 PM
I am completely underwhelmed by this signing.

Moooo
06-11-2006, 06:08 PM
I am completely underwhelmed by this signing.

Perfect reaction. Now when he turns into a monster you can be pleasantly suprised, and if not... Oh well, no biggie.

Moooo

Halfcan
06-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Sorry hard to get excited about a guy that has been out of the league so long.

CoMoChief
06-11-2006, 06:15 PM
I dont care how many of here dont like this signing, I think its a great one for the money we are paying him. He was a great tackle, on of the better ones in the league. He's lost some weight and maybe in return has added some speed/quickness with that. The guy is a monster and has a great motor. What is the difference between a tackle and a run blocking TE on running plays? I doubt we really use him in passing situations. Can someone tell me whos gonna stop our running game with Dunn,Turley,Roaf,Waters,Weigman,Shields,Welbourn all blocking in front of LJ??? IMO it would be a very hard task for even the 85 Bears defense to handle. I know .....Im a homer, but imagine the potential possibilites with this signing. Im getting pumped about this already and hopefully certain people can stay healthy, and of course to help LJ out since we are running the ball 10+ more times this season, hopefully Priest comes back, which I think he will.

milkman
06-11-2006, 06:28 PM
He has the tools, but he dropped too many passes last year. We need more competition. What if Sammie goes down again or God forbid if Kenny goes down? What then? We need to upgrade our receiving corps.

When he came back from njury, his hands were actually very solid.

The fact is, his ability to run after the catch was somewhat impaired by his focus on making the catch.

He's s kid, with all the tools, goning into his third season.

Many of the good receivers in the game didn't start to really show their talent until their third year.

Javon Walker is a good example of that, and he was a first round pick.

The teams that stick with their young talent, and allow them the chance to develop are the ones that generally have the most success.

Some of you guys are far to eager to give up.

I'm going to predict right now that Samie has a breakout year, and you'll be wondering WTH you were thinking.

Rausch
06-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Roaf, Watters, Shields, Weigman, Turley?

BEST LINE IN THE NFL...

StcChief
06-11-2006, 06:35 PM
When he came back from njury, his hands were actually very solid.

The fact is, his ability to run after the catch was somewhat impaired by his focus on making the catch.

He's s kid, with all the tools, goning into his third season.

Many of the good receivers in the game didn't start to really show their talent until their third year.

Javon Walker is a good example of that, and he was a first round pick.

The teams that stick with their young talent, and allow them the chance to develop are the ones that generally have the most success.

Some of you guys are far to eager to give up.

I'm going to predict right now that Samie has a breakout year, and you'll be wondering WTH you were thinking.
Samie will surprise some folks this year. I believe that as well.

With solid play good routes, solid pass protection he can make a difference and stop dropping balls.

The speed/complexity of the NFL game catches guys off guard from college and it takes awhile to prove out.

CoMoChief
06-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Roaf, Waters, Shields, Weigman, Turley?

BEST LINE IN THE NFL HISTORY...

Fixed it for you. :)

Moooo
06-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Samie will surprise some folks this year. I believe that as well.

With solid play good routes, solid pass protection he can make a difference and stop dropping balls.

The speed/complexity of the NFL game catches guys off guard from college and it takes awhile to prove out.

I disagree. I could be wrong, but I see more promise in Crappie (can I call him crappie?) Only his second year and he's already showing super skills.

Samie strikes me as the type of player who will be a solid 3rd WR, but not a starter.

Moooo

Wile_E_Coyote
06-11-2006, 06:38 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar812_6.gif

alpha_omega
06-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I might be excited about this signing...
...but i cant get over the "severe back injury" thing.

Count Zarth
06-11-2006, 06:46 PM

I predicted it months ago.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3011797&postcount=46

milkman
06-11-2006, 06:48 PM
I disagree. I could be wrong, but I see more promise in Crappie (can I call him crappie?) Only his second year and he's already showing super skills.

Samie strikes me as the type of player who will be a solid 3rd WR, but not a starter.

Moooo

I believe that Thorpe is potentially our future number one WR, when Eddie is ready to hang 'em up, and that Samie is a number 2.

It may well be that Thorpe can unseat Samie as the number two this season, though, with only PS time, I find it unlikely.

If he does, though, then our WR corps could very well be a strength this year.

Regardless, I think both will contribute this season.

milkman
06-11-2006, 06:49 PM

So?
WTH ever pays any attention to you?

:p

Count Zarth
06-11-2006, 06:54 PM
So?
WTH ever pays any attention to you?

Nobody. Which is why I have to bookmark these things for future reference.

Logical
06-11-2006, 07:10 PM
I dont care how many of here dont like this signing, I think its a great one for the money we are paying him. He was a great tackle, on of the better ones in the league. He's lost some weight and maybe in return has added some speed/quickness with that. The guy is a monster and has a great motor. What is the difference between a tackle and a run blocking TE on running plays? I doubt we really use him in passing situations. Can someone tell me whos gonna stop our running game with Dunn,Turley,Roaf,Waters,Weigman,Shields,Welbourn all blocking in front of LJ??? IMO it would be a very hard task for even the 85 Bears defense to handle. I know .....Im a homer, but imagine the potential possibilites with this signing. Im getting pumped about this already and hopefully certain people can stay healthy, and of course to help LJ out since we are running the ball 10+ more times this season, hopefully Priest comes back, which I think he will.I don't disagree, but I just cannot get excited about the pickup either. I hope it turns out for the best.

recxjake
06-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Carl has one more thing to do... Ty Law...

Willie, Brian, Casey, Will, and Kyle

Surtain, Law, Pollard, FS to be named later

greenisgod10
06-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Turley is a good pickup, but I agree that Carl still needs to go get Ty Law before the cards or pats sign him...that would be huge

StcChief
06-11-2006, 08:16 PM

Moooo Let them compete for the spot....They both have skills that as #2/#3 will keep Hall as a return man where he belongs.
I still can't believe with the middle routes they ran him he isn't out....

Mecca
06-11-2006, 08:35 PM

No one pays attention to you because you compared him to Marvin Harrison which is absurd.

Mr. Kotter
06-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Low risk, high reward potential. Not a bad pickup, IMHO.

Still hoping for Law and Lelie, though. :D

Count Zarth
06-11-2006, 08:42 PM
No one pays attention to you because you compared him to Marvin Harrison which is absurd.

It's not. They are the same type of receiver. You're just a Samie-Hater.

Mr. Kotter
06-11-2006, 08:44 PM

I'm with gochiefs. Sammie will have a big year.

Mr. Kotter
06-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Any news on Law or Lelie?

KCBOSS1
06-11-2006, 09:13 PM
he be our enforcer!!! Raiders, Broncos beware! he be rippin helmets off and such.

milkman
06-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Any news on Law or Lelie?

OK, this is just a post whore post.

Jesus
06-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Turley will be THE key for a return to the superbowl. So saith me.

tommykat
06-11-2006, 10:02 PM
With out reading all of this......I see this as a good signing.:clap:

Rausch
06-11-2006, 10:02 PM

Outside of Samie going down right after the catch and fumbling...

Rausch
06-11-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't disagree, but I just cannot get excited-

We know...

grandllama
06-11-2006, 10:07 PM
I just cannot get excited ...

They make pills for that now Loge....

Tribal Warfare
06-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Turley will be THE key for a return to the superbowl. So saith me.
H

ow can anyone can disagree with Jesus?

SB here we come!!!!!!

Halfcan
06-11-2006, 10:32 PM
H

ow can anyone can disagree with Jesus?

SB here we come!!!!!!

We are going to the SB now, because of one player with a history of injuries just signed??

That makes perfect sense.

greg63
06-11-2006, 10:36 PM
We are going to the SB now, because of one player with a history of injuries just signed??

That makes perfect sense.

...About as much sense as anything else posted here on the Planet. :D

rad
06-11-2006, 11:43 PM
So........

anybody want to help me print the Playoff tickets?

Halfcan
06-12-2006, 12:01 AM
...About as much sense as anything else posted here on the Planet. :D

Yep, hey everyone, we are going to the SuperBowl!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Moooo
06-12-2006, 12:01 AM
Yep, hey everyone, we are going to the SuperBowl!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not before 6 of the 11 members of our defense make first-string pro bowl.

Moooo

Halfcan
06-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Not before 6 of the 11 members of our defense make first-string pro bowl.

Moooo

11 out of 11 probably, same with the Offense. LOL ROFL

Wilson8
06-12-2006, 06:57 AM
What will the Kyle Turley signing mean to the offensive linemen that will be kept on the roster?

LT Willie Roaf, Jordan Black, Will Svitek
LG Brian Waters
C Casey Wiegmann, Chris Bober
RG Will Shields, John Welbourn
RT Kyle Turley, Kevin Sampson, Jeremy Parquett

Others currently on roster – T Ian Allen, T Thomas Barnett, G Steve Franklin, G Peter Heyer, C Jonathan Ingram, G Tyler Lenda, C Rudy Niswanger, and T Tre Stallings

If Turley’s back is healthy, it moves some linemen from last year’s roster to be traded, practice squad, or cut.

Roaf, Waters, Wiegmann, Shields, Turley (if he can regain old form), Bober, Welbourn, (both can play multiple positions), would probably be locks. That leaves a bunch of players competing for 2 to 3 roster spots. I think Svitek and Sampson both have shown potential, so they might get the last two spots. That would leave us with s lot of tackles and with a weakness at backup guard.

To get to a 9 or 10 man roster, Parquett and/or Stallings to the PS. Jordan Black might be traded for a late round pick or be cut.

King_Chief_Fan
06-12-2006, 06:57 AM
This is exactly what the Chiefs needed::)
1) bad back
2) out of shape
3) old
4) under weight for position

What can possibly stop this team now?

Mr. Kotter
06-12-2006, 07:08 AM
This is exactly what the Chiefs needed::)
1) bad back
2) out of shape
3) old
4) under weight for position

What can possibly stop this team now?

1. Better, according to Doctors
2. Not according to the Chiefs
3. He's 29
4. Fine for TE; in the 280s now, and still gaining

Low risk ($$$) , possibility of high reward (former Pro Bowler.)

What not to like? :shrug:

Bootlegged
06-12-2006, 07:10 AM
1. Better, according to Doctors
2. Not according to the Chiefs
3. He's 29
4. Fine for TE; in the 280s now, and still gaining

Low risk ($$$) , possibility of high reward (former Pro Bowler.)

What not to like? :shrug:

Agreed. A risk, but payoff could be Roaf replacement.

Wilson8
06-12-2006, 07:10 AM
I like this signing and it has the possibility to make the Chiefs stronger for next year. It also has the possibility of being a negative though. For this signing to be considered a good thing, Turley has to come in and be more than a marginal backup. Other wise the Chiefs will probably loose some of their young players they are trying to prepare for the future for nothing more than an old backup tackle.

StcChief
06-12-2006, 07:12 AM
Agreed. A risk, but payoff could be Roaf replacement.

Don't remember Turley playing LT (maybe he can),
G/RT only with Saints/Lambs.

Still like this low risk signing....

Gaz
06-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Given the Roaf’s recent history and Shields’ battered condition, this is good insurance and depth.

If Turley ever catches a ball in a game, I will be stunned.

xoxo~
Gaz
Okay with this signing.

OnTheWarpath58
06-12-2006, 07:23 AM

Turley has started all 95 games he has seen duty in during his seven-year NFL career with New Orleans (’98-02) and St. Louis (2003-04). He has opened 66 contests at right tackle, 17 games at left tackle and 12 contests at left guard.

I just hope he can stay healthy.

Nice insurance policy to have on Roaf.

Brock
06-12-2006, 07:23 AM

Turley replaced Roaf in NO.

Mr. Kotter
06-12-2006, 07:26 AM
I like this signing and it has the possibility to make the Chiefs stronger for next year. It also has the possibility of being a negative though. For this signing to be considered a good thing, Turley has to come in and be more than a marginal backup. Other wise the Chiefs will probably loose some of their young players they are trying to prepare for the future for nothing more than an old backup tackle.

My guess is, IF he is healthy and anywhere close to being back in form....he takes a roster spot of Bober, Black, or Wellborne. Sampson, Svitek, and even Parquet...aren't likely going anywhere.

OnTheWarpath58
06-12-2006, 07:32 AM
My guess is, IF he is healthy and anywhere close to being back in form....he takes a roster spot of Bober, Black, or Wellborne. Sampson, Svitek, and even Parquet...aren't likely going anywhere.

I'm not sure, since Wiegmann hasn't missed time recently.....

Isn't Bober the backup Center?

If so, he's going nowhere. My guess would be either Black or Parquet.

Just a guess.

Bootlegged
06-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Given the Roaf’s recent history and Shields’ battered condition, this is good insurance and depth.

If Turley ever catches a ball in a game, I will be stunned.

xoxo~
Gaz
Okay with this signing.

He's no Joe Valerio.

Chiefnj
06-12-2006, 07:36 AM
My quick thoughts:
1. Isn't it unusual for CP to announce an agreement in prinicple with a player? I thought he always waits until all the i's are dotted and t's crossed.

2. In his day he was a good tackle. The key words being "in his day."

3. If he body couldn't handle the weight a few years ago, why would it be able to handle it now that he is older?

4. Competition is good, but I wonder if the younger tackles aren't quite developing as well as the team would like.

5. I don't think there is any chance Bober or Welbourne go anywhere unless Welbourne can't keep clean.

Rain Man
06-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Turley has started all 95 games he has seen duty in during his seven-year NFL career with New Orleans (’98-02) and St. Louis (2003-04). He has opened 66 contests at right tackle, 17 games at left tackle and 12 contests at left guard.

I just hope he can stay healthy.

Nice insurance policy to have on Roaf.

That versatility may be the reason for having him, assuming that he doesn't come in weighing 240 pounds.

htismaqe
06-12-2006, 07:40 AM
Great signing.

No it's not flashy. But at the price, it's a great move.

Rain Man
06-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Ideally, he would be healed up enough to become a Glenn Parker for us - can move anywhere along the line and start when necessary.

bobbything
06-12-2006, 08:06 AM
3 TE sets.

That's all.