PDA

View Full Version : Marc Cuban. What a douchebag. Mav fans,good read. lol.

chief2000
06-12-2006, 01:57 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/05052006/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

PageSix

CLUB SLAM-DUNKS NBA OWNER

May 5, 2006 -- THEY say money can't buy happiness - and in billionaire Mark Cuban's case, it can't even get him into Bungalow 8.

The limelight-loving owner of the Dallas Mavericks was denied entry to Amy Sacco's late-night funhouse, even after he offered door demigods Disco and Armin $1,000 to let him inside - a cringe-inducing ploy used primarily by tacky out-of-towners.

An eyewitness tells Page Six that Cuban, accompanied by party promoter Usman Shaikh and a few young ladies, was initially turned away after Shaikh approached Disco and told him that Cuban owned the Mavericks.

"Disco was not impressed," says our snitch. "One of the girls asked if Armin was there and if she could talk to him. Armin comes out and asks Cuban if he wants to buy a table. Cuban says yes. Armin goes inside, comes back about five minutes later and says, 'Sorry, there are no tables available. I can't help you.'

"The girl then asks if they could just go in without a table, but Armin says no. Cuban then says to Disco something to the effect of 'I'm Mark Cuban . . . What's it gonna take?' He offers him cash - I think it was a thousand bucks. He reaches in his back pocket, and at this point the girl he is with yanks him by the arm and says, 'No, you can't do that here.' She was mortified."

Cuban then announced that it was "embarrassing" he couldn't get into the club, at which point Shaikh, a corporate lawyer who promotes parties at Pink Elephant, convinced Cuban and his posse that they would receive warmer treatment there.

Once inside Rocco Ancarola's nightspot, located on the same crowded West 27th Street club corridor as Bungalow 8, Cuban was spotted chatting up several young women at his table. As he asked one hanger-on to round up some girls, he was overheard saying, "Just say I'm a billionaire. They'll come over." He also cracked, "For every billion dollars I have, my [bleep] gets 10 inches longer."

The last stop of the night for fun-loving Cuban and company was Scores West, where cash is by far the most important credential. We're told Cuban dropped thousands of dollars on champagne and "funny money" in the VIP room before leaving around 5 a.m.

Cuban did not respond to detailed messages for comment yesterday.

Moooo
06-12-2006, 02:12 AM
Someone's a Knick fan...

Moooo

BWillie
06-12-2006, 02:21 AM
Any NBA franchise would be lucky to have an owner like Mark Cuban. At any rate, he's a rich guy. What kinda stuff do you think he's gonna do/say at a club?

Bob Dole
06-12-2006, 05:55 AM
The worst part is getting turned away by someone named "Disco".

Mr. Kotter
06-12-2006, 06:53 AM
A NY Club....he should consider being turned away there an honor. Screw NY....(sorry, NY Chief's fans)

Cuban is awesome. If I were rich, I'd be like Marc Cuban. :thumb:

Rain Man
06-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Any NBA franchise would be lucky to have an owner like Mark Cuban. At any rate, he's a rich guy. What kinda stuff do you think he's gonna do/say at a club?

No kidding. You use the weapons in your arsenal, and his weapon is several billion dollars. That's a pretty potent weapon.

JBucc
06-12-2006, 08:09 AM
I'd bet he's gonna buy the club and fire all of them.

HC_Chief
06-12-2006, 08:18 AM
Only mistake he's made is letting Steve Nash depart. Other than that move, I think he has been absolutely fantastic for the Mavericks, and the NBA in general. He's a guy who knows how to have fun who just happened to strike it rich. Now he lives his dream; can't fault him for that.

chagrin
06-12-2006, 08:20 AM
He's a guy who knows how to have fun who just happened to strike it rich. Now he lives his dream; can't fault him for that.

Maybe not, but we can fault him for being a jerkoff with the ladies. Having money doesn't mean he's less of a douchebag for saying "tell them I'm a billionaire..." and talking about his dick size to other men (also ghey, btw)

I agree with the rest about his ownership tenure with the Mavs, though.

ChiTown
06-12-2006, 08:21 AM
NY Post, pg 6?
ROFL

You can just take what's written on those pages as the Gospel truth......

KingPriest2
06-12-2006, 08:21 AM
MARK not Marc

htismaqe
06-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Only mistake he's made is letting Steve Nash depart. Other than that move, I think he has been absolutely fantastic for the Mavericks, and the NBA in general. He's a guy who knows how to have fun who just happened to strike it rich. Now he lives his dream; can't fault him for that.

:clap:

BigMeatballDave
06-12-2006, 08:35 AM
If I were a billionaire, I'd be a prick, too. Not to my friends, but to other people. **** 'em, they'll still like me, I'm a billionaire...

ChiTown
06-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Maybe not, but we can fault him for being a jerkoff with the ladies. Having money doesn't mean he's less of a douchebag for saying "tell them I'm a billionaire..." and talking about his dick size to other men (also ghey, btw)

Yeah, I'm sure that was ALL true....... :rolleyes:

Come on. There's a friggen micron that separates the NYP gossip section from the National Enquirer.

Gonzo
06-12-2006, 08:39 AM
wonder if he's intrested in a football franchise in middle-america?

58-4ever
06-12-2006, 08:42 AM

I agree with your post, except I'm not so sure letting Nash depart was a huge deal. That team works better without him almost. There is no doubt that Terry and Harris are better defenders, younger, and Terry is definitely a better scorer.

chubychecker
06-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Maybe not, but we can fault him for being a jerkoff with the ladies. Having money doesn't mean he's less of a douchebag for saying "tell them I'm a billionaire..."

I bet that pick up line has been good to him many times. What's sad is what some girls will do for attention from a "billionaire."

That being said. I would love to go party with Mark.........Hey my names chubbs, Mark and I have been in business together from the beginning, I'm a billionaire too.

58-4ever
06-12-2006, 08:44 AM
I bet that pick up line has been good to him many times. What's sad is what some girls will do for attention from a "billionaire."

That being said. I would love to go party with Mark.........Hey my names chubbs, Mark and I have been in business together from the beginning, I'm a billionaire too.

why is that sad? If a girl was interested in me strictly for my looks and she was a marginally attractive billionaire, my interest would peak immeadiately.

chagrin
06-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I'm sure that was ALL true....... :rolleyes:

Come on. There's a friggen micron that separates the NYP gossip section from the National Enquirer.
Yeah, I know - I'm just posting my thoughts though, I didn't really consider that MY Post part of it before I posted them, obviously

Frazod
06-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I wish he owned the Chiefs and/or Royals. This is one rich prick who actually cares about WINNING. Our current rich pricks - not so much.

chagrin
06-12-2006, 09:15 AM

Hey dude, are you related to boyceofsummer?

HC_Chief
06-12-2006, 09:16 AM

:spock:
The dick size thing was obviously a joke. Hell, the entire exchange sounded tic... he said (paraphrasing) "tell those girls to come over here; just tell them I'm a billionaire, that'll do the trick (wink)", then he turns to his buddies at the table and says "for every billion dollars I have, my dick grows ten inches (laughs)". That is classic "guy talk". At a bar, trying to pick up scantly clad females, you <i>know</i> the "hey, that's Mark Cuban, he wants to party with you, btw he's a <i>billionaire</i>" draws the bar skanks like flies to dung! Then the dude has enough self-depricating sense to state "hey, they want me for my money and I know it... it's not because I'm John Holmes".

Sounds like a pretty cool dude to me. :D

chagrin
06-12-2006, 09:21 AM
dick grows ten inches (laughs)". That is classic "guy talk"
Sounds like a pretty cool dude to me. :D

Yes, yes, I get all that - he's a rich hard dick and can do whatever he wants. I am a guy too and I know a thing or two about talking up chicks, but I will tell you this - I do not consider "hey baby I have a 10 inch dick" Classic guy talk, Classic ghey talk maybe, but I leave dick talk to the high school kids and dumb f*cks who have never known how to or that have no other way of, picking up chicks, but hey - whatever works for him or whoever, just not my style that's all.

beavis
06-12-2006, 09:58 AM
wonder if he's intrested in a football franchise in middle-america?
You should send him an email. I hear that works great.

htismaqe
06-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Yes, yes, I get all that - he's a rich hard dick and can do whatever he wants. I am a guy too and I know a thing or two about talking up chicks, but I will tell you this - I do not consider "hey baby I have a 10 inch dick" Classic guy talk, Classic ghey talk maybe, but I leave dick talk to the high school kids and dumb f*cks who have never known how to or that have no other way of, picking up chicks, but hey - whatever works for him or whoever, just not my style that's all.

I think you need to read the context in which he made the comment. You're obviously not understanding WHO he said it to.

chagrin
06-12-2006, 10:02 AM
I think you need to read the context in which he made the comment. You're obviously not understanding WHO he said it to.

I read it, and I get it - all I'm sayin is I think it's stupid, is that okay? Geesh, excuse me for livin'!

Pitt Gorilla
06-12-2006, 10:06 AM
He's brought the Mavs to the Finals. That's incredible, regardless of what he says.

ChiTown
06-12-2006, 10:07 AM
I read it, and I get it - all I'm sayin is I think it's stupid, is that okay? Geesh, excuse me for livin'!

ROFL

Easy.

My biggest problem with any of this is with people taking anything that comes from the NYP Gossip Section as even somewhat legitimate or serious. Those are fluff articles for idiots that think PEOPLE magazine is "serious" reading.

:)

htismaqe
06-12-2006, 10:09 AM

You're suggesting it's not typical "guy talk".

It most certainly is, unless you're extremely insecure in your manhood and avoid using the word "dick" or "cock" at all costs...

Brock
06-12-2006, 10:11 AM
At least he didn't inherit his money.

dtebbe
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
At least he didn't inherit his money.

Nope, he stole it all from Yahoo!. Wish someone could take Google like he took Yahoo!

Google sucks ass, 2nd only to Microsoft.

DT

htismaqe
06-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Nope, he stole it all from Yahoo!. Wish someone could take Google like he took Yahoo!

DT

They're getting that way.

They really want to be like AOL and dominate the content market.

ChiefsFanatic
06-12-2006, 01:47 PM
If I was Cuban, I would buy that place and fire the doorman. Then I would tell him if he could pull $1000 out of his back pocket, I would hire him as the janitor.

BWillie
06-12-2006, 02:35 PM

DT

Google is going to take over the world.

Predarat
06-12-2006, 04:05 PM
If I was Cuban, I would buy that place and fire the doorman. Then I would tell him if he could pull $1000 out of his back pocket, I would hire him as the janitor.
Good one!!!!!1 ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
06-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Mark Cuban Future owner of KC Royals!!! woo hoo!

|Zach|
06-12-2006, 06:40 PM
I wish he owned the Chiefs and/or Royals. This is one rich prick who actually cares about WINNING. Our current rich pricks - not so much.
Via BlogMaverick

The Mavs CANíT play Defense.
The Mavs CANíT play a half court game.
The Mavs CANíT get past the first round
The Mavs CANíT beat <fill in a team here > because <fill in an excuse here>
Dirk CANíT play against smaller defenders
Dirk CANíT take the ball to the basket
Dirk CANíT play defense
Dirk CANíT step up in the playoffs
Stack CANíT play a team game
JET CANíT be the point guard on a Finals team
Devin Harris CANíT get past last years playoffs to have an impact
Gana Diop CANíT be a player in this league
Avery Johnson CANíT lead this team to the Finals as a 1st year coach

Thank you. Thank you to everyone who has ever said or written about what they think the Mavs cant do. It was motivation that Avery called on early and often.

There is an old saying, Those who can, do. Those who canít, are usually commentators telling as many people as will read, watch or listen why they think someone else who is actually trying to accomplish something, canít.

No where is this more true than the sportsworld.

Hats off to the Suns for getting further than anyone ever expected.
Hats off to the Suns and the city of Phoenix for being great hosts.

A huge thank you to Mavs fans around the world. We thank you for wearing your lucky cowboy boots, lucky underwear, lucky hats, tshirts, shorts and pants, for wearing your Mavs gear under your clothes to work and with pride to school and around town.

A huge thank you to Mavs fans who were jumping up and down, screaming, hugging everyone you could find and generally going crazy as the clock ran down last night. We heard you. We felt you. All of us on the sidelines felt the exact same way.

My heart was pounding so hard, I was almost afraid to move. I have all these little good luck idiosyncrazies (my new word), and i refused to not do them until the clock ran out. I kept on playing mind games with myself. You knowÖ McGrady scored 13 against the Spurs in 33 seconds. Dont relax. Then the ever popularÖIf we hit this shot, its overÖ Ok, maybe not. If we get this stop, its over.. Ok maybe not..

When we hit 00:00, I walked over to where the Suns owners were to thank and congratulate them, and to also make sure I had my legs underneath me. After that, I was never so happy to hug so many sweaty grown men in my entire life.

The guys who heard cant, but never believed it.

Four more wins to go.

The Heat is a great team. Shaq alone has more finals experience than our entire roster. Riley has probably coached more playoffs games than AJ has games. It wont matter. Its going to be a war. Probably no less thrilling and down to the wire as almost every other NBA playoffs series has been.

We may be the underdogs, but we believe and we dont understand the word canít