PDA

View Full Version : Royals silence and intimidate the local media

BigRedChief
06-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Personally, I don't like either one of the reporters that had their press credentials yanked. And if they left the KC area I would be a happy camper but those reporters were asking legitamate questions. Ones we have all asked. They were not offensive questions. This is a team that has lost 100 games 3 out of 4 years. That is the butt of jokes on ESPN and David Letterman.

It was a brutish attempt to silence and intimidate the local media. To stifle any negative publicity. To control the local media.

A very small narrow mind came up with this idea. For Royals fans you'd better hope that Moore wasn't a part of this.

StcChief
06-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Just waiting for MLB to step in on Glass...

morphius
06-12-2006, 08:44 AM
I heard that Rhonda's pass had been pulled, but I missed the question that caused it. I know she had asked if David Glass had veto'd trades and stuff with Barid in charge, but I'm not sure that was the question that did it or if the next day she asked if Dan Glass had.

Not that I care for Rhonda at all, and she has done some stupid stuff in the past, but this just seemed odd.

BigRedChief
06-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I heard that Rhonda's pass had been pulled, but I missed the question that caused it. I know she had asked if David Glass had veto'd trades and stuff with Barid in charge, but I'm not sure that was the question that did it or if the next day she asked if Dan Glass had.

Not that I care for Rhonda at all, and she has done some stupid stuff in the past, but this just seemed odd.

I've heard the tape of the questions. She asked if David Glass had ever vetoed a trade, and what exactly was Don Glass's job going to be now with Moore in charge. Perfectly acceptable and normal questions.

tomahawk kid
06-12-2006, 08:49 AM
She kept hammering on the question even after Glass has effectively said "no". I think Glass was lying as much as everyone else here - but she wasn't going to get the answer that she wanted.

The bottom line with Moss is that she's not a journalist - she's an antagonist posing as a reporter. She's been begging for something like this for years and the Royals had finally had enough.

I'm all for freedom of the press, but her actions over the years have been outside the norm of professional journalism. Her comments at the Moore Presser were the straw that broke the camel's back and she was called to the mat based on prior issues with her behavior.

No idea what Fescoe did - but I've got a pretty good idea.

BigRedChief
06-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Just waiting for MLB to step in on Glass...

MLB has already said that a team can pull credentials for any reason and for no reason. They are a private enterprise and answer to no one. They are congressionally excempt. Thats why they don't have to open their financial records to the public.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-12-2006, 08:53 AM
This is proof more of the incompetence of the franchise's ownership than anything else. With that being said, Fescoe and Moss are both pieces of trash. Rhonda would rather promote herself than actually discuss whatever sport she is assigned to "cover'.

BigRedChief
06-12-2006, 08:57 AM
This is proof more of the incompetence of the franchise's ownership than anything else. With that being said, Fescoe and Moss are both pieces of trash. Rhonda would rather promote herself than actually discuss whatever sport she is assigned to "cover'.
Thats why they were chosen to be the message to the local media. People don't like Rhonda and Fescoe. But their likeability has nothing to do with a free press.

The Royals just recieved $250 million in free money from the tax payers. The taxpayers have a right to ask how the product will be improved. Since the public can't ask these questions directly to the Glass's the local media has to ask the questions.

KCTitus
06-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Im sure Carl Peterson was behind this somehow. Maybe he can also sick Rufus on all the Royals haters, too.

beavis
06-12-2006, 11:02 AM
There's a difference between asking tough questions and being a total asshat. I think Petro is really good at asking questions in a manner in which the subject doesn't get offended, and thus is more willing to share whatever insight they have. People like Moss, Fescoe, Whitlock, etc., all they do is insult someone to their face, which leads to nothing. I'm glad they yanked their passes.

banyon
06-12-2006, 11:06 AM
No idea what Fescoe did - But I've got a pretty good idea.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

tomahawk kid
06-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Does this make sense to anyone else?

My bad. Should have said "nothing specific" at the beginning of the post instead of "No idea".

Thank you Helpy Helperton.

banyon
06-12-2006, 11:27 AM
My bad. Should have said "nothing specific" at the beginning of the post instead of "No idea".

Thank you Helpy Helperton.

Well, what did he do?

Cochise
06-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey, as a fan - I like Fescoe and Rhondzilla being banned. They're jackasses and now there is one less time during the week when I have to listen to them.

When they start banning people who are not continually acting like asshats, let me know.

tomahawk kid
06-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Well, what did he do?

Other than being a total jack@ss that goes on dailey tirades related to the Royals? Nothing.

:)

It's been pretty negative over on 810 regarding the Royals for the past 2 years. I'm betting he finally said something that really pissed off the organization and the ownership.

BigRedChief
06-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Hey, as a fan - I like Fescoe and Rhondzilla being banned. They're jackasses and now there is one less time during the week when I have to listen to them.

When they start banning people who are not continually acting like asshats, let me know.

This should be applied to the planet also, correct.

What about Politics? Bunch of asshats if you ask me. Ban then all.

Cochise
06-12-2006, 11:53 AM

The planet is privately owned. They can ban anyone they want to. No one has a 'right' to post here. It's a privledge revokable at the owner's discretion.

chiefqueen
06-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Im sure Carl Peterson was behind this somehow. Maybe he can also sick Rufus on all the Royals haters, too.

If it turns out Moore was the one that had actually pulled then, yes, CP was behind this as CP has pulled passes in this town (Jack Harry & Don Fortune in 1990 - their on-field passes were pulled however, they were still able to be watch the games from the press box, albeit sitting where press from this visiting team sits).

Poor Dayton, he has yet to meet KC's finest as far as media is concerned as Whitlock and Harry have been out of KC since he's been in KC. (Although Whitlock did write Sat. that if Moore wanted to have people take him seriously he shoult back out of his KC commitment & head back to ATL.)

BigRedChief
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
The planet is privately owned. They can ban anyone they want to. No one has a 'right' to post here. It's a privledge revokable at the owner's discretion.

The Royals are privately owned but still just recieved just a few months ago $250 million in free money from us tax payers.

Censorship should never be tolerated even if they offendee is an asshat.

Cochise
06-12-2006, 12:42 PM
The Royals are privately owned but still just recieved just a few months ago $250 million in free money from us tax payers.

Censorship should never be tolerated even if they offendee is an asshat.

Is the method by which the Royals credential members of the press in the stadium lease?

But anyway, using your logic that they get tax money so they shouldn't be able to ban people from certain parts of the building, I should be able to bang on the door and demand to be let into the locker room before games, since they get money from the taxpayers. Or they shouldn't be able to arrest me if I run onto the field and slide into second base. They get tax dollars, after all. And if I climb over the fence and take a dumb in the fountains - hey. They're the taxpayer's fountains. They shouldn't be able to censor my freedom of expression.

BigRedChief
06-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Is the method by which the Royals credential members of the press in the stadium lease?

But anyway, using your logic that they get tax money so they shouldn't be able to ban people from certain parts of the building, I should be able to bang on the door and demand to be let into the locker room before games, since they get money from the taxpayers. Or they shouldn't be able to arrest me if I run onto the field and slide into second base. They get tax dollars, after all. And if I climb over the fence and take a dumb in the fountains - hey. They're the taxpayer's fountains. They shouldn't be able to censor my freedom of expression.
The point is taxation without representation. You take taxpayer dollars you have to explain your actions to the taxpayers. Not to individual taxpayers but to the general public. If you don't release your financial statement then be prepared to answer tough questions in a public place where free speech is used.

We both know that the Royals actions were to send a message to the local media to be docile and don't ask hard questions. Do you really think reporters asking softball questions is in the best interests of Royals fans?

htismaqe
06-12-2006, 12:53 PM
The point is taxation without representation. You take taxpayer dollars you have to explain your actions to the taxpayers. Not to individual taxpayers but to the general public. If you don't release your financial statement then be prepared to answer tough questions in a public place where free speech is used.

We both know that the Royals actions were to send a message to the local media to be docile and don't ask hard questions. Do you really think reporters asking softball questions is in the best interests of Royals fans?

ROFL

Ask your local legislature. They are representing you.

Cochise
06-12-2006, 12:55 PM
The point is taxation without representation.

ROFL

You take taxpayer dollars you have to explain your actions to the taxpayers. Not to individual taxpayers but to the general public. If you don't release your financial statement then be prepared to answer tough questions in a public place where free speech is used?

ROFL

If the royals are a taxpayer funded organziation that has to have open books as you say, perhaps you would care to find one of them on the web for us?

BigRedChief
06-12-2006, 01:16 PM
ROFL

Ask your local legislature. They are representing you.

The Jackson County Legislators?
ROFL

htismaqe
06-12-2006, 02:15 PM
The Jackson County Legislators?
ROFL

Don't blame me. I didn't vote for them.

greg63
06-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Personally, I don't like either one of the reporters that had their press credentials yanked. And if they left the KC area I would be a happy camper but those reporters were asking legitamate questions. Ones we have all asked. They were not offensive questions. This is a team that has lost 100 games 3 out of 4 years. That is the butt of jokes on ESPN and David Letterman.

It was a brutish attempt to silence and intimidate the local media. To stifle any negative publicity. To control the local media.

A very small narrow mind came up with this idea. For Royals fans you'd better hope that Moore wasn't a part of this.
It's censorship gone amuck I say!!! :p

BigRedChief
06-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Don't blame me. I didn't vote for them.

Chit I didn't either. I was drinking beer with Phil that day. I got witness's. :harumph:

FringeNC
06-12-2006, 02:46 PM
At this point, that was the last thing the Glass clan needed to do to regain a semblance of credibility. It suggests that they are still meddling, and petty to boot.

...perhaps revoke their media credentials for being clueless idiots, but not for asking Glass tough questions.

I am in amazement that David Glass was effective CEO. He seems like he has a sub-100 IQ.

htismaqe
06-12-2006, 03:06 PM
What it boils down to is this:

There is no way for the Royals to answer the "tough questions" that will please anybody. The only thing that will shut people up is to WIN. Talk is cheap. So why ask the "tough questions" unless you're just trying to be an asshole? Exactly.

Was pulling press passes the correct action? Probably not. They probably should just say "No comment" and move on.

ChiefsFanatic
06-12-2006, 03:09 PM
He seems like he has a sub-100 IQ.

Yeah, but in Arkansas that makes him brilliant.

Iowanian
06-12-2006, 03:11 PM
No one requires pistonHonda Moss or Bob Fescu to tell them that the Royals are abysmal..their record the past 3/4 years has done more than enough to illustrate it.

If the Royals want the local media(outside of KK) to give them a handjob....put a team on the field that could beat the Jackson county AAU allstar 14 year olds on the field.

greg63
06-12-2006, 04:08 PM
No one requires pistonHonda Moss or Bob Fescu to tell them that the Royals are abysmal..their record the past 3/4 years has done more than enough to illustrate it.

If the Royals want the local media(outside of KK) to give them a handjob....put a team on the field that could beat the Jackson county AAU allstar 14 year olds on the field.

They could if the had just half the players they have farmed out to the rest of the league.

banyon
06-12-2006, 04:12 PM
What it boils down to is this:

There is no way for the Royals to answer the "tough questions" that will please anybody. The only thing that will shut people up is to WIN. Talk is cheap. So why ask the "tough questions" unless you're just trying to be an asshole? Exactly.

So maybe they should just cancel all of their press conferences then, for the next 4 or 5 years, :spock:

Mecca
06-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Other than being a total jack@ss that goes on dailey tirades related to the Royals? Nothing.

:)

It's been pretty negative over on 810 regarding the Royals for the past 2 years. I'm betting he finally said something that really pissed off the organization and the ownership.

Uh.....what do you expect people to say? When you have the worst team in baseball, possibly the history of the game I'd hope the talk radio stations are saying how bad they are. If you flipped it on and they were talking about the Royals and it wasn't about had bad they are, you'd have to ask if the people on the radio were dillisional.

BigRedChief
06-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Uh.....what do you expect people to say? When you have the worst team in baseball, possibly the history of the game I'd hope the talk radio stations are saying how bad they are. If you flipped it on and they were talking about the Royals and it wasn't about had bad they are, you'd have to ask if the people on the radio were dillisional.

Could it be the drugs? Steriods? the veggie tray?

Adept Havelock
06-12-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm glad that the Glass family responded this way, by pulling the credentials of a press member simply for asking questions.

It removes any doubt whatsoever that Glass and Glass are the biggest "asshats" in Kansas City. ROFL

Frazod
06-12-2006, 07:30 PM
They might as well silence the press. They've already silenced hope, joy and the tiny little Kaufman crowds. 4321

tomahawk kid
06-12-2006, 08:03 PM

My initial comment was TIC.

I'm not saying it was wrong, but I'm sure it had something to do with his pass getting pulled.

ENDelt260
06-12-2006, 08:14 PM

I'd ban people for being asshats if I didn't think I'd have to hear a bunch of crying about it.

ENDelt260
06-12-2006, 08:17 PM
The point is taxation without representation.

Hahahahaha... you've gone off the deep end.

ChiefsfaninPA
06-12-2006, 08:22 PM
I am no Royals fan, but why don't the local fans stop going to the game. It seems to me like the Glass family only cares about making money. So if they are not fielding a good team don't show up. I guarantee they would start being competitive.

Ari Chi3fs
06-12-2006, 08:27 PM
REPOST!!!!

heh.

I wonder how people would people would have reacted, If Lamar Hunt said, The Chiefs are underachieving, and need sweeping changes... a few weeks later, they hire Scott Pioli as new GM, but dont have a press conference announcing the firing of Carl Peterson, and dont wish to answer any questions about it.

Sure, we are all excited that Pioli is now the man, but please give us some closure with Peterson.

Same difference. The Hunts wouldnt do that... the Glasses are fuggin idiots.

Halfcan
06-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Royals Suck so who cares???

BigRedChief
06-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Hahahahaha... you've gone off the deep end.
you forget who I work for? Expect some black helicopters hovering over you soon. Mer got her taxes squared away?
http://www.forumspile.com/Owned/Owned-Dog_on_Cat.jpg

Ari Chi3fs
06-12-2006, 11:29 PM
REPOST!!!!

heh.

I wonder how people would people would have reacted, If Lamar Hunt said, The Chiefs are underachieving, and need sweeping changes... a few weeks later, they hire Scott Pioli as new GM, but dont have a press conference announcing the firing of Carl Peterson, and dont wish to answer any questions about it.

Sure, we are all excited that Pioli is now the man, but please give us some closure with Peterson.

Same difference. The Hunts wouldnt do that... the Glasses are fuggin idiots.

Did This post really kill this thread?

Mecca
06-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Earlier today I had 810 on and Keitzman was basically blaming the entire thing on Rhonda Moss it was really funny. There were 4 incidents out at Truman 1 at Arrowhead 3 at Kaufman. Once in which she was caught eves dropping through a door by Dan Glass. Then he goes onto say they pulled Fescoes to justify pulling Moss' because if they had just pulled 1 female reporters credentials they got a national story on sexism.

Halfcan
06-12-2006, 11:47 PM
I think Moss heard the words "Free Doughnuts" that is why she was listening.

Mecca
06-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Either way, I still think that makes Keitzman look extremely juvenile basically blaming the other station for the Royals being morons.

Guru
06-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Either way, I still think that makes Keitzman look extremely juvenile basically blaming the other station for the Royals being morons.

Doesn't he always come across as juvenile?

Mecca
06-12-2006, 11:55 PM
Doesn't he always come across as juvenile?

That's beside the point.........He also looks like Mr. Potato head but I didn't bring that up.

Guru
06-12-2006, 11:57 PM
That's beside the point.........He also looks like Mr. Potato head but I didn't bring that up.
ROFL ROFL

greg63
06-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Royals Suck so who cares???

...And, all indications point to that not changing any time soon.

BigRedChief
06-13-2006, 03:59 PM

It's just his latest rant. Blaming others so you look good is soooo grade school. I wish he would grow up and leave the market and maybe we could have good sport talk radio during drive time.