PDA

View Full Version : I take the LSAT in 3 hours...

58-4ever
06-12-2006, 08:43 AM
any advise on brain food, strategies, or should I just get off the Planet and study?

DaKCMan AP
06-12-2006, 08:49 AM
good luck. amazing how one exam can make or break you.

Not much you can do 3hrs before the exam. Usually I'll study up until 8 or 9pm the night before an exam and then relax until then.

58-4ever
06-12-2006, 08:50 AM
good luck. amazing how one exam can make or break your.

Not much you can do 3hrs before the exam. Usually I'll study up until 8 or 9pm the night before an exam and then relax until then.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I'm doing here on the Planet, trying to relax. I might go running to get the blood flowing. Then I'll drink some caffeine.

Baby Lee
06-12-2006, 08:52 AM
The LSAT, IMO, measures how you analyze things, not what you know.
Nothing you can memorize at this late date. Just do what you can to have your mind fresh.
Go in a little hungry, a little cold, and having to pee just a little.

58-4ever
06-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, the only part that worries me are the logic games. I'm pretty good at reading comprehension and arguments.

Baby Lee
06-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah, the only part that worries me are the logic games. I'm pretty good at reading comprehension and arguments.
The only other thing I'd add, was that it was fairly useful for me to address the choices NOT saying "What is the right answer?" Instead, read each choice with the question "why is this choice the wrong answer?" The right answer is more often the one you end up unable to find the flaw in, rather than the one that looks 'right' at first glance, if that makes sense.

58-4ever
06-12-2006, 09:01 AM
The only other thing I'd add, was that it was fairly useful for me to address the choices NOT saying "What is the right answer?" Instead, read each choice with the question "why is this choice the wrong answer?" The right answer is more often the one you end up unable to find the flaw in, rather than the one that looks 'right' at first glance, if that makes sense.

Makes total sense. I've really tried to employ that strategy in my practice tests. How'd you do if you don't mind me asking?

Baby Lee
06-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Makes total sense. I've really tried to employ that strategy in my practice tests. How'd you do if you don't mind me asking?
97th percentile. I forget the raw score, 167, 177.
I really credit;
1 - my childhood subscription to 'Games' magazine, that was filled with the kind of logic and analysis quizzes that formed my mind to think the right way for the test.
2 - my logic courses in undergrad, that gave me a formal framework for analytical processes.
and most importantly,
3 - the Prep course by Stuart Vorkink at Truman State. About 20-25 people take it each year, and there was another 97th percenter I know of who took it with me, and there were like 5 perfect scores in the prior 2-3 years coming out of those taking the course.

Fish
06-12-2006, 09:22 AM
A
B
A
C
A
D
A
B
A
Done...... time for beers.....

chiefqueen
06-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Remember yes in Spanish is Si (in this case "C").

58-4ever
06-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Remember yes in Spanish is Si (in this case "C").

Wow, I should feel prepared now.

Rain Man
06-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Be sure you stretch properly beforehand. You don't want to blow out a hammy partway through.

I took the LSAT back when I was considering graduate school. It definitely helped to take a practice test. Oh, and you might want to take patteeu with you. I vaguely remember that he and I took it at the same time, and he smoked it.

banyon
06-12-2006, 10:29 AM
You need to go back in your time machine, read about 3000 books to increase your vocab.

Then set the time machine for several months from now, when you will have your results. Read what the answers should have been, go back to the "present" and answer accordingly.

...of course your alternate timeline self will be f**cked.

go bowe
06-12-2006, 11:13 AM
did you prepare fully and properly?

after using the practice test books for about a week, off and on (more off than on), i went out the night before the test and got roaring drunk and very stoned and stayed up like almost the entire night...

then i pulled a 748 out of 800...

good enough to get me into yale law school...

so, the moral is, more booze and pot and you will do fine... :D :D :D

patteeu
06-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Don't be nervous, you'll do fine. Don't over-eat or over-drink before you go in, but don't go in starving or parched either. Good luck.

go bowe
06-12-2006, 11:30 AM
oh yeah, good luck... :toast: