PDA

View Full Version : Squishy II: Militant chosen to succeed al-Zarqawi

Donger
06-12-2006, 08:57 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060612/ap_on_re_mi_ea/al_zarqawi_s_successor;_ylt=AssP1sg7Opic0TfDeFp4ROys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b3JuZGZhBHNlYwM3MjE-

CAIRO, Egypt - Al-Qaida in Iraq said in a Web statement posted Monday that a militant named Abu Hamza al-Muhajer was the group's new leader. Al-Muhajer succeeds Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was killed Wednesday by a U.S. airstrike on his hideout northeast of Baghdad, Iraq.

The purported successor was not immediately known. The name al-Muhajer, Arabic for "immigrant," suggested he was not Iraqi.

"Al-Qaida in Iraq's council has agreed on Sheik Abu Hamza al-Muhajer to be the successor for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in the leadership of the organization," said a statement signed by the group on an Islamic militant Web forum where it often posts messages.

It said al-Muhajer was "a beloved brother with jihadi (holy war) experience and a strong footing in knowledge."

The authenticity of the statement could not be independently confirmed.

go bowe
06-12-2006, 01:40 PM
hope this one shows his face on a video too...

Radar Chief
06-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Well, here’s to’im get’n “Zarqawied”. :toast:

banyon
06-12-2006, 02:54 PM
But these guys (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142110) pledged their allegiance to Al-Masri.

Does that mean that they'll have to fight that out too? :shrug:

BucEyedPea
06-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Well, here’s to’im get’n “Zarqawied”. :toast:

Can I ask what accent that is, you post in?

Radar Chief
06-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Can I ask what accent that is, you post in?

Is redneck an accent? ;)

BucEyedPea
06-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Is redneck an accent? ;)

Thought redneck was more the south....that's not farmer, hillbilly or okie-in-the-skokie? :)

Radar Chief
06-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Thought redneck was more the south....that's not farmer, hillbilly or okie-in-the-skokie? :)

:LOL: "Okie-n-the-skokie". ROFL
“Redneck, hayseed, gear head, whatever” I post like that ‘cause that’s what I’d sound like if we met in person. It’s a habit I got into ‘cause I try to be honest to who I am while post’n on this board.

banyon
06-12-2006, 03:15 PM
“Redneck, hayseed, gear head, whatever” I post like that ‘cause that’s what I’d sound like if we met in person. It’s a habit I got into ‘cause I try to be honest to who I am while post’n on this board.

Maybe you could impart some of that wisdom to Kotter. :p

Radar Chief
06-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Maybe you could impart some of that wisdom to Kotter. :p

Not sure there’s much help for’im. ;)

BucEyedPea
06-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Holy mackeral, soundin' like a hick makes one honest now? :p

* just messin' with ya'*

I should talk...I have a thick Boston accent but I ain't gonna staht typin'..."pahkin my cah in Hahvahd yahd! or "Come on ovah and shah a bah-b-que with us! We'll put on an eah of kahn."