pr_capone
06-12-2006, 11:40 AM
3-0 now

JBucc
06-12-2006, 11:40 AM
oh noes

Cochise
06-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the spoiler. Some of us work during the day and have the DVR going.

Taco John
06-12-2006, 11:46 AM

You're recording soccer to watch later?

pr_capone
06-12-2006, 11:47 AM
ROFL

Fish
06-12-2006, 11:49 AM

What about As the World Turns and Young and the Restless? Dr. Phil for crissakes?

Bootlegged
06-12-2006, 11:50 AM

The spoiler would be having to watch it.

Cochise
06-12-2006, 11:51 AM
What about As the World Turns and Young and the Restless? Dr. Phil for crissakes?

Yeah, just a couple more lame jokes about soccer being for wussies, and the cool kids will let you into their secret hideout.

BWillie
06-12-2006, 11:56 AM

Quit your whining. You know people are going to post stuff like this. You should of been smart enough to not look at the message board until you got home and were done watching the game.

Cochise
06-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Quit your whining. You know people are going to post stuff like this. You should of been smart enough to not look at the message board until you got home and were done watching the game.

If this were a soccer message board then yes. And also, if there were not already a thread covering the Cup, yes. But I've been intentionally avoiding that thread all day. It would be the logical place to put spoilers rather than on the front of the lounge where you can't avoid seeing it even if you are trying to.

noa
06-12-2006, 12:28 PM
It sucks to have the game ruined for you, but at least now you know not to waste your time by watching it. I watched the game and was disgusted by our performance. Save yourself the grief of watching a miserable game.

Cochise
06-12-2006, 12:30 PM
It sucks to have the game ruined for you, but at least now you know not to waste your time by watching it. I watched the game and was disgusted by our performance. Save yourself the grief of watching a miserable game.

It does suck... your country's opening WC match only happens every 4 years, and that is only if they qualify.

But now that it's done with, what happened? Poor defense?

svuba
06-12-2006, 12:31 PM
If this were a soccer message board then yes. And also, if there were not already a thread covering the Cup, yes. But I've been intentionally avoiding that thread all day. It would be the logical place to put spoilers rather than on the front of the lounge where you can't avoid seeing it even if you are trying to.

Don't waste your time watching this game. we blew goats

chief2000
06-12-2006, 12:48 PM
No possession time .D, speed or attacking.

Rehire the Yugo coach. Atleast we could play D.

Ultra Peanut
06-12-2006, 01:12 PM
It sucks to have the game ruined for youOn the "bright" side, that would have happened eventually, regardless.

But now that it's done with, what happened? Poor defense?Poor everything. Koller scored in the fifth minute, so the Czechs sat back. Seeing as we couldn't even break the Moroccan B-team when they spent all game with 10 in the back, we were pretty well boned from the get-go. Still, we were pressing forward a bit, and Reyna beat Cech with a great shot that bounced off the post. Shortly thereafter, Rosicky put in a gorgeous strike from twenty-five yards out, and scored a capper near the end.

The whole team was just completely unable to get anything going against the far superior Czechs. EJ came in and had some bright moments, but aside from that, it was as utterly miserable a performance as possible.

We simply cannot concede the first goal in any game and hope to have a chance. We lack the firepower up top to be able to break down defense-oriented teams.

vailpass
06-12-2006, 01:15 PM

Come on Taco don't you know that there are literally tens, maybe even hundreds, of soccer fans in the US?

keg in kc
06-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Cool. Now I can stop caring about the world cup.

chagrin
06-12-2006, 01:19 PM
oh noes

That was perfectly placed, and funny as hell to me

Ultra Peanut
06-12-2006, 01:27 PM
oh i get it im cool for bashing a sport lol

keg in kc
06-12-2006, 01:29 PM
I like soccer fine, it's just easy to lose interest as a US citizen. Kind of like being a Royals fan.

Taco John
06-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Cool. Now I can stop caring about the world cup.

I was hoping the US would lose just so I didn't have to be innundated with this soccer crap...

chief2000
06-12-2006, 01:35 PM
No possession time .D, speed or attacking.

Rehire the Yugo coach. Atleast we could play D.

Donger
06-12-2006, 01:39 PM
I was hoping the US would lose just so I didn't have to be innundated with this soccer crap...

Kind of like being a Chiefs fan in Denver.

vailpass
06-12-2006, 01:45 PM
oh i get it im cool for bashing a sport lol
No your cool for hating your own cock.

Clint in Wichita
06-12-2006, 04:13 PM
US losing soccer game 2-0

Maybe this is a good thing.

Not being #1 at something totally gay, I mean.

Nzoner
06-12-2006, 04:17 PM
We had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and the parking lot was packed,I found after getting inside that they had the game on and there was alot of people watching and cheering,I had no idea it had gotten that popular.

Clint in Wichita
06-12-2006, 04:18 PM
We had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and the parking lot was packed,I found after getting inside that they had the game on and there was alot of people watching and cheering,I had no idea it had gotten that popular.

Quit lying. It was probably a rerun of the Tony Danza Show.

MahiMike
06-12-2006, 04:19 PM
World Cup Soccer is the biggest event going right now. Thanks for the thread. Of course, now that the U.S. blew it in the 1st 5 minutes, we can look forward to another 4 years of waiting...