PDA

View Full Version : NFT: Anyone seen "Dog Bites Man?"

TinyEvel
06-12-2006, 03:32 PM
I saw this show on Comedy Central. Kind of like "The Office" But I thought it was really funny.

There's a scene in there where a guy is talking about naming his ballz. Classic.
People are offering suggestions:

How about "Alvin and the Chipminks"
"No, there's three of them"
"Alvin can be the unit, and the balls can be the chipmunks"
"Simon and Theodore"
"right"
"But who's Dave?"
"He's their manager, who yelled at them a lot."
he can be the sack.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2006, 03:36 PM
You're not related to Jens Pulver are you?

TinyEvel
06-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Nope.
What's that mean?

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Nope.
What's that mean?

I take it you don't know who Jens "little evil" Pulver is. Being that your tiny evil I figured maybe you were related.

Taco John
06-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Oh *THAT* Jens Pulver.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-12-2006, 04:12 PM
No, but Man Bites Dog is a seriously ****ed up film.

Nzoner
06-12-2006, 04:14 PM

I'll second that.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2006, 04:14 PM

What's that a flick about a chinese restaurant or something?

Nzoner
06-12-2006, 04:19 PM
What's that a flick about a chinese restaurant or something?

Don't quit your day job. :D

TinyEvel
06-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Man bites Dog is a fake documentary (long before Blair Witch) where a guy follows a serial Killer around, documents his "work". THose friggin' Brits are sick.

And as for the "tinyEvel." See my Icon. Evel Knievel collector. Hence the action figure.
My handle used to be "7inchBendy" as the figure is a 7" bendable. But for some reason, I had to do a LOT more explaining with that handle

banyon
06-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Man bites Dog is a fake documentary (long before Blair Witch) where a guy follows a serial Killer around, documents his "work". THose friggin' Brits are sick.

It was French, IIRC.

But, yes, It was an f***ed up POS. I strongly urge everyone I know to NEVER watch it every chance I get.

BTW, Zelig is the original "fake" documentary for my money.

TinyEvel
06-12-2006, 05:46 PM
It was French, IIRC.

Ah yes. A quick IMDb search revealed it was Belgian, in French Language. Hey, let's just conclude the whole continent is twisted!

A good reason to stick to the Americanized-version of Euro-humor in shows like the Office and DOG BITES MAN

Fried Meat Ball!
06-12-2006, 07:08 PM
It was French, IIRC.

But, yes, It was an f***ed up POS. I strongly urge everyone I know to NEVER watch it every chance I get.

BTW, Zelig is the original "fake" documentary for my money.
I have to disagree on it being a piece of shit.

I said it was seriously ****ed up -- that's all. As a film and piece of cinematic art, Man Bites Dog is outstanding fare, and most filmmakers could learn a thing or two about the art from it. I urge most people who would enjoy it to watch it, but alas, that is not LCD audience that dominates U.S. theaters.

mac58
06-12-2006, 07:33 PM
that show is funny. . .looks like it has some potential to be real good. . .def reminds me of the office. . .

banyon
06-12-2006, 07:34 PM

I said it was seriously ****ed up -- that's all. As a film and piece of cinematic art, Man Bites Dog is outstanding fare, and most filmmakers could learn a thing or two about the art from it. I urge most people who would enjoy it to watch it, but alas, that is not LCD audience that dominates U.S. theaters.

In the posts I've seen you make so far, I think your cinematic tastes are in the same realm as mine. I guess this is just an instance where we have total and complete disagreement.

I have even more contempt for Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, but It is less artfully done than MBD. IMHO, they are just "shock" art movies with no great purpose, like Todd Solondz films. Just not my cup of tea, I guess.

KC Jones
06-12-2006, 07:58 PM
In the posts I've seen you make so far, I think your cinematic tastes are in the same realm as mine. I guess this is just an instance where we have total and complete disagreement.

I have even more contempt for Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, but It is less artfully done than MBD. IMHO, they are just "shock" art movies with no great purpose, like Todd Solondz films. Just not my cup of tea, I guess.

Whatever you do, don't watch Funny Games. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119167/)

Fried Meat Ball!
06-12-2006, 09:38 PM

MBD is definitely not a film for everyone. I can understand what you mean about shock art -- to an extent that is exactly what MBD is. On another level, though, I think MBD is more of a condemnation of the media's obsession with violence. Further, it's a farce/dark comedy. In that sense it's at times hilarious -- you almost feel dirty for laughing at some of Ben's escapades, but you still find yourself laughing.

In my mind, it's brilliant. Despite that, it's very difficult to watch. You definitely have to be in the right mood.

Pitt Gorilla
08-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Great show; it's on right now.

Pitt Gorilla
08-13-2006, 11:35 PM
For those who don't know, the main characters are actors and drive the plot. The rest of the people are not in on the joke.

Short Leash Hootie
08-13-2006, 11:54 PM
You know, at first I thought this was going to be an awesome show...but lately, I've found it to be lame and I'm going to stop watching it.

Ultra Peanut
08-14-2006, 12:07 AM
You know, at first I thought this was going to be an awesome show...but lately, I've found it to be lame and I'm going to stop watching it.That's so very typical of the behavior I've come to expect of Raven.

Pitt Gorilla
08-14-2006, 12:22 AM
That's so very typical of the behavior I've come to expect of Raven.ROFL

TrickyNicky
08-14-2006, 07:26 AM
It's hilarious. Doomed to be cancelled though.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have some Beekin and Eggs.

MGRS13
08-14-2006, 10:02 AM

One of my top ten films of all time. Have you seen the uncut version? Where he gets the whole family including the little boy? Talk about F#@ked up.

|Zach|
08-14-2006, 10:05 AM
That's so very typical of the behavior I've come to expect of Raven.
ROFL

I thought this show would be a little better but it has pretty funny moments.

Demonpenz
08-14-2006, 10:07 AM
i laught pretty easily and i only laughed a couple times during the episodes i saw. It had the material but came off just annoying.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-14-2006, 10:09 AM
One of my top ten films of all time. Have you seen the uncut version? Where he gets the whole family including the little boy? Talk about F#@ked up.
Yeah, the uncut is the version I own.

DJay23
08-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I like it a lot, think it's really funny as a matter of fact. I have a feeling not enough people will "get it" though and it won't make it.

QuikSsurfer
08-14-2006, 02:59 PM
I watch this show all the time.. great show. Zach Galifianakis is too funny

jAZ
08-14-2006, 03:31 PM
I started watching it the first week it was on. I thought it was pretty funny... funny enough to watch a 2nd and 3rd episode if it was on again.

Then it clicked... the thing that I had missed about the show... It's filmed out in the real world, with real people sitting there watching this news team to stupid shit in front of them.

Sorta like a cross between The Office and Jackass (without the nut-sack stapling).

Short Leash Hootie
08-14-2006, 03:41 PM
I watch this show all the time.. great show. Zach Galifianakis is too funny
That's the biggest flaw in the show...they don't give him a big enough part.

TrickyNicky
08-14-2006, 04:00 PM
My favorite DBM moments so far:

The Finger: Come on and Get it (Up in them guts)
Marty's deepest darkest secret
Marty & Beekin's homosexual undercover couple story.

Pitt Gorilla
10-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Still brilliant. On right now.

ZootedGranny
10-02-2006, 01:25 AM
My favorite DBM moments so far:
The Finger: Come on and Get it (Up in them guts)

Parts of Raytown were subjected to this song throughout the summer, unnecessarily blasted out of my car.

http://homepage.mac.com/silentk/.Music/GutsJB.mp3

Now everyone can do their part.