PDA

View Full Version : There's no accounting for taste apparently

4th and Long
06-13-2006, 06:34 AM
I'm guessing in order to be eligible for this survey, you were required to own a seeing eye dog. Yeeeesh.

Survey: Men Pick Condoleeza Over Julia Roberts For Dinner Date
Esquire Says Secretary Of State Also Tops Aniston, Simpson

NEW YORK -- A national survey by Esquire magazine finds men more likely to invite Condoleezza Rice to a dinner party than Julia Roberts, Jennifer Aniston and Jessica Simpson.

The secretary of state was followed by Oprah Winfrey and Angelina Jolie in the survey, which is published in the magazine's July issue.

The 29-question survey polled nearly 1,100 randomly selected men aged 25 and older. The choices came from a list of 14 notable women.

Asked which famous man they'd invite to dinner, 37 percent picked "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno. Former President Bill Clinton placed second, trailed by George Clooney and President George W. Bush.

Asked who they most admired, the respondents chose former Secretary of State Colin Powell, Clinton and Bill Gates, with Bush fourth.

But the president also placed first among least admirable men in America.

chagrin
06-13-2006, 06:41 AM
I would like to see the rest of the choices, but I have to say - since it's a dinner date, and there's no horizontal mile coming at the end of it, Condi would be an excellent choice over those other dipshits. Seriously, wtf are you going to talk about with them over dinner?

And if you want to talk dirty, with Condi just keep mentioning the size of the bratwurst...

Count Zarth
06-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Carrie Underwood and Joe Montana.

StcChief
06-13-2006, 07:33 AM
Something about intelligent conversation is likely a factor.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-13-2006, 07:52 AM
I'll give up intelligent conversation for Jessica Simpson's rack next to me. Especially if she wears that white, lowcut suit she wore to some awards show a year or two ago. :drool:

ck_IN
06-13-2006, 07:59 AM
<i>'ll give up intelligent conversation for Jessica Simpson's rack next to me.</i>

That would be fine except it's a dinner date. At some point she's going to attempt to speak and then the charade is over. For dinner Condi would be a great choice. For after dinner you then trade her in on one of the other choices.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-13-2006, 08:02 AM
That would be fine except it's a dinner date. At some point she's going to attempt to speak and then the charade is over. For dinner Condi would be a great choice. For after dinner you then trade her in on one of the other choices.
Except that everyone knows she may be an idiot, so they won't expect anything. And all the guys at the table will be checkin' out the cleavage rather than being enthralled by the talk.

I'm still goin' with JS and her cleavage over Condi Rice. You take Condi -- I'll take JS. We'll meet up afterwards and see who had the better time.

ck_IN
06-13-2006, 08:11 AM
<i>And all the guys at the table will be checkin' out the cleavage rather than being enthralled by the talk.</i>

You're going to stare down her blouse for 2 or 3 hours? Dude, the view isn't going to change. That cleavage isn't going to do a dance or play chopsticks on the piano. It's going to sit there and sooner or later your attention will go a foot north, she'll speak and that's ball game folks.

Now if it was a concert, or sporting event or something loud where nobody hears anyone anyway, I'd agree with you. But 2 odd hours hearing JS speak would be WAY too much.

StcChief
06-13-2006, 08:19 AM
Trade Condi in for a bobble headin' JS later...

Rain Man
06-13-2006, 08:23 AM
We're just talking about dinner, right? If it's just dinner, then you know that Condi's going to have some great stories, while someone like Jessica Simpson is just going to tell you about what she's allowed to eat to keep her weight down.

Condi for dinner, but then maybe bring in a pinch hitter if it looks like a base hit.

StcChief
06-13-2006, 10:51 AM
We're just talking about dinner, right? If it's just dinner, then you know that Condi's going to have some great stories, while someone like Jessica Simpson is just going to tell you about what she's allowed to eat to keep her weight down.

Condi for dinner, but then maybe bring in a pinch hitter if it looks like a base hit.

After dinner drinkin' requires dumb broads with clevage exposed.

Condi can go home and prepare for tomarrows meetings.

greg63
06-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Did they happen to mention that the men being polled were probably gay????

...Just curious?