PDA

View Full Version : Worst Tackler

jlscorpio
06-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Who's the worst tackler on our D? I'm going with Wesley. See my avatar. It pains me to say it, due to how he was an assassin his first couple of years. Every time I see him try to bump somebody down instead of wrapping them up, its meltdown time.

noa
06-13-2006, 11:40 AM
I thought Kendrell Bell was pretty piss-poor last year at tackling. Hopefully he can step it up this year.

Rain Man
06-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Wesley and Bartee both jog or walk during plays instead of trying to hit people. By my definition, that makes them the worst tacklers because they aren't even in the areas where they could make hits.

greg63
06-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Anyone who wasn't named Johnson or Allen.

DaKCMan AP
06-13-2006, 11:58 AM
everyone not named rich scanlon

MOhillbilly
06-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Anyone who wasn't named Johnson or Allen.

Mitchell played lights out lastyear.

greg63
06-13-2006, 12:00 PM
everyone not named rich scanlon

Mitchell played lights out lastyear.

I don't know how I could have forgotten about those two. :D

ChiefaRoo
06-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Warfield won the title last year hands down. He would purposely stay on his block and only come off it after the runner would angle to the sideline so he could nudge him out of bounds. It would cost 8 to 15 yards everytime he did that. I'm so glad that p***y is gone. Wesley can still tackle it's just that he always does it from behind.

DaKCMan AP
06-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Warfield won the title last year hands down. He would purposely stay on his block and only come off it after the runner would angle to the sideline so he could nudge him out of bounds. It would cost 8 to 15 yards everytime he did that. I'm so glad that p***y is gone. Wesley can still tackle it's just that he always does it from behind.

I disagree. Warfield made some pretty good tackles on receivers last year that held it to a short gain if not a loss. People loved to hate on Warfield, but I always thought he played alright. We'd start to miss him this year but I think Walls will fill in alright. If we didn't pick Walls up and we had to start Battle or Sapp we'd be in trouble.

el borracho
06-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Bell was pretty bad last year. Let's hope he steps it up this year.

ChiefaRoo
06-13-2006, 12:30 PM
I disagree. Warfield made some pretty good tackles on receivers last year that held it to a short gain if not a loss. People loved to hate on Warfield, but I always thought he played alright. We'd start to miss him this year but I think Walls will fill in alright. If we didn't pick Walls up and we had to start Battle or Sapp we'd be in trouble.

I know what your talking about but remember he only did that for one or two games all last season and I'm sure he did that only after the coaches got on his arse. Warfield was the softest tackler on the team. Although, it is possible that Dustin Colquitt was slightly worse.

el borracho
06-13-2006, 12:31 PM
I thought Battle did a good job except for the penalties. Then again I thought Warfield did a good job for the last 3 years also so maybe I am just crazy.

CupidStunt
06-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Starters?

Both safeties and, to a much lesser extent, Kendrell Bell.

It's kinda funny that Warfield and Surtain were two of our better tackles. Funny in a "haha" way, at least. Kinda depressing watching live.

Munson
06-13-2006, 12:40 PM

I agree. Warfield was by far the worst tackler, and has been for years. He tackled like he was afraid of contact. He usually puts himself in a bad position to make the tackle, i.e., taking a bad angle, playing too far off the coverage, not squaring up, and not wrapping up(arm tackling). In the Raider game at Arrowhead this past season, he missed 2 tackles within the first 4 or 5 plays.

The worst tackler on the current roster would have to be Wesley. He could be a lot better though. He's just too inconsistent.

booyaf2
06-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Tackling skills diminished on the team ever since the human hatchet tackling machine Louie Aguiar left us. Kickoff/Punt returners feared him.

htismaqe
06-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Warfield was bad last year, but to say he's been bad for years is pure unadulterated horseshit.

Tackling was the one thing he could actually DO.

StcChief
06-13-2006, 01:21 PM
somebody will step up to this dubious honor this year..
Let's guess who...

Likely a pinerider soon.

Rain Man
06-13-2006, 01:21 PM
I must agree with htismaqe. I never saw a problem with Warfield's tackling. In fact, I always liked the fact that he was the only guy on the defense who would ever try to force a fumble, often in direct conflict with Greg Robinson's orders to let the ballcarrier go.

Inspector
06-13-2006, 01:28 PM
One time, after an interception, Dante Hall just let some guy run all over him.

The guy acted like Dante was a flea getting in the way.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-13-2006, 01:55 PM
**** this; every player on our defense either absolutely sucks at tackling or could improve. :cuss:

hypersensitiveZO6
06-13-2006, 01:56 PM
**** this; the KC Chiefs can't tackle. Every player on our defense either absolutely sucks at tackling or could improve. :cuss:

DaKCMan AP
06-13-2006, 01:56 PM
**** this; every player on our defense either absolutely sucks at tackling or could improve. :cuss:

rich scanlon invented tackling.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-13-2006, 01:57 PM
rich scanlon invented tackling.

...just after he invented ass fuc*ing.

beer bacon
06-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Surtain, DJ, Mitchell, most of our D-line, Warfield, and Knight were all fine tacklers last season. DJ and Mitchell actually put some hits on people last season without allowing them to break big gains if the hit didn't take the runner down. Warfield and Surtain weren't really hitters, but once they got a guy wrapped up he usually wasn't going anywhere.

I remember a few times Knight missing tackles, but I am not sure if he ever actually got his hands on the carrier in those situations.
The real bad tacklers were Wesley and Bell.

Bell was a good tackler for the Steelers, and he got in position plenty of times to make big tackles. I am guessing his injury had something to do with his inability to do much when he was actually in perfect position.

Wesley just plain stunk, and his missed tackles and, off the subject, blown coverages, were very often the final straw that led to big gains by the other team. His big hit + no wrap up that led to Ronnie Brown having a 70+ yard run against us made us wretch. If he was a solid tackler our run defense would have given up less then 4.0 ypc instead of the 4.1 we gave up.

PunkinDrublic
06-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Without a doubt it's Kendrell Bell and yes Gunther Cunningham if you're reading this I'm perfectly happy to come to one arrowhead drive to tell him this. Of course you've got to pay for my airfare to KC.

BWillie
06-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Wesley can hit really hard, but he struggles at just wrapping people up. He goes for the big hit, that's all he wants. I remember a couple of years ago when we had Jerome Woods was in the backfield with him, a receiver caught one over the middle for like 30 yards and then Wesley just laid him out. Him and Woods celebrated like they won the superbowl. Hello!! You weren't in the right place on your coverage and you happened to hit a guy after he got 15 yards after the catch in a 30-35 yard gain.
That mental image sticks in my brain to this day.

DJJasonp
06-13-2006, 02:14 PM
One time, after an interception, Dante Hall just let some guy run all over him.

The guy acted like Dante was a flea getting in the way.

Maybe so....but Dante gets major props for lighting up Donnie Edwards and jacking him up so bad he was out for the remainder of the season.

crispystl420
06-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Maybe so....but Dante gets major props for lighting up Donnie Edwards and jacking him up so bad he was out for the remainder of the season.
that was sweet.

Adept Havelock
06-13-2006, 04:46 PM

That was one of the best hits I've ever seen. :D