PDA

View Full Version : Rhondzilla

Cochise
06-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Someone was relating a story to me just now about how Leabo and Kietzman said that Rhondzilla had been busted in some unethical behavior, such as trying to listen through doors at the K, and running on the air a quick locker room Q & A with Larry Johnson where she dubbed her own voice over other reporters asking questions and passed it off as an 'exclusive' interview.

Has anyone heard anything about this? Pretty bad if it's true. But I haven't been able to listen to the radio this afternoon.

Fish
06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
shocked...... and amazed.........

4th and Long
06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Someone was relating a story to me just now about how Leabo and Kietzman said that Rhondzilla had been busted in some unethical behavior, such as trying to listen through doors at the K, and running on the air a quick locker room Q & A with Larry Johnson where she dubbed her own voice over other reporters asking questions and passed it off as an 'exclusive' interview.

Has anyone heard anything about this? Pretty bad if it's true. But I haven't been able to listen to the radio this afternoon.
:spock:

You said Leabo and Kietzman, correct?

Bye-Bye Credibility!

Cochise
06-13-2006, 05:08 PM
:spock:

You said Leabo and Kietzman, correct?

Bye-Bye Credibility!

I wasn't listening. I don't know what the basis was. That's why I was asking.

Adept Havelock
06-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Three words that have served me well...

"Consider the source".

Cochise
06-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Three words that have served me well...

"Consider the source".

I shouldn't have said the K-word. The way it was described to me, it was Leabo saying this.

Now, I think he's respectable, and not only that, this is a very serious thing to charge on the air. They would be at considerable legal risk by making these accusations if they were unfounded, right?

FAX
06-13-2006, 06:04 PM
This is really interesting, Mr. Cochise.

I think that, if accurately portrayed, the idea of dubbing her voice into the LJ interview so she could have an "exclusive" may be one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.

What drives a person to do this kind of thing? Desire for fame? Peer pressure? Ammonia exposure?

FAX

keg in kc
06-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Someone was relating a story to me just now about how Leabo and Kietzman said that Rhondzilla had been busted in some unethical behavior, such as trying to listen through doors at the K,I heard her tell this story herself last week. She went into the PR office, and found it empty. She went to a nearby door and leaned into it to (she says) hear if anyone was inside. At which time walks in Dan Glass, catching her eavesdropping.and running on the air a quick locker room Q & A with Larry Johnson where she dubbed her own voice over other reporters asking questions and passed it off as an 'exclusive' interview. I don't know about trying to pass off anything as exclusive, but I could swear I remember her dubbing her voice over interviews in the past, in an obvious way (i.e. the person talking would be outside, while she sounded canned with no ambient noise). Was pretty funny at the time.

But maybe I remember an old story of her doing that, and not her doing that. The mind plays tricks sometimes...

Adept Havelock
06-13-2006, 06:24 PM
I shouldn't have said the K-word. The way it was described to me, it was Leabo saying this.

Now, I think he's respectable, and not only that, this is a very serious thing to charge on the air. They would be at considerable legal risk by making these accusations if they were unfounded, right?

You are welcome to your opinion. IMO, almost all of the Kansas City "sports talk" folks on 610 and 810, K and L included, are at best a slim step above the level of mouth-breathing unevolved simians with access to microphones. :shrug:

It wouldn't surprise me if it were true about "Rhondzilla", nor would it surprise me if the Bobbsey twins over at 810 are making it up.

banyon
06-13-2006, 06:27 PM

Depends on how they stated this and whether or not it was true.

keg in kc
06-13-2006, 07:14 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if it were true about "Rhondzilla", nor would it surprise me if the Bobbsey twins over at 810 are making it up.
Depends on how they stated this and whether or not it was true.At the risk of repeating myself, I'll say again that I heard her tell this story. Rhonda. Not anyone on 810.

Cochise
06-13-2006, 07:53 PM
At the risk of repeating myself, I'll say again that I heard her tell this story. Rhonda. Not anyone on 810.

Understood... I heard it secondhand. I tried to effectively label it as rumor/heresay. That it for what it's worth.

TinyEvel
06-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Bring back Magnificent Megan

John_Wayne
06-14-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't listen to 810am any longer. Keitzman is an ass.