PDA

View Full Version : If Rothelisberger hadn't made it...

TinyEvel
06-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Alright, I meant no respect to Big Ben, and I'm really glad he's going to be okay. I just meant to pose an unusual question.
I didn't mean for people to fantasy line-up for parts of the guy...

Okay, a gruesome thought. But what if Big Ben was on life support and not expected to survive.
And, if he filled out the "Organ Donor" card on his driver's license...
(post clipped)

BucEyedPea
06-13-2006, 07:17 PM
I'd want his thumb.

SLAG
06-13-2006, 07:17 PM
if i was a steelers fan i would be f'n pissed... having charlie batch start... :shake:

memyselfI
06-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Okay, a gruesome thought. But what if Big Ben was on life support and not expected to survive.

Wouldn't it be COOL to be the guy who got Rothelisberger's eyes? or kidney? or Femur? They could give his tibia and fibula to Carson Palmer.

Man, who wouldn't want to be the guy at the bar chugging brews.
"Bring another round! I got Big Ben's Liver working for me!"

Hey. I started this post with "gruesome thought"...but it's a big damn "what if?"

I'm glad he's okay. He's lucky in my opinion.

I'm sorry, I don't think it would be anymore cool than Average Joe Tragedy giving me their organs. No matter who decides to donate they are a hero and a life saver much more important than any SB QB.

JBucc
06-13-2006, 07:19 PM
I want his right arm. He can keep his brain.

Frazod
06-13-2006, 07:26 PM

Wouldn't it be COOL to be the guy who got Rothelisberger's eyes? or kidney? or Femur? They could give his tibia and fibula to Carson Palmer.

Man, who wouldn't want to be the guy at the bar chugging brews.
"Bring another round! I got Big Ben's Liver working for me!"

Hey. I started this post with "gruesome thought"...but it's a big damn "what if?"

I'm glad he's okay. He's lucky in my opinion.1. I think you're a bit odd. And not in a good way.

2. "Lucky" is finding a $20 bill on the ground. Running into a long-lost friend at the grocery store is lucky. I guess winning a Super Bowl you shouldn't because the refs are bent could be considered lucky as well. But smashing face-first through a windshield, getting most of your teeth knocked out and several broken bones in your head, all while becoming the national poster child for dumbass in the process, is decidedly NOT lucky.

I don't buy into surviving horrible shit as lucky. Lucky people don't experience horrible shit in the first place. If a wrecking ball falls on your car while you're in it, but you happen to live, you aren't lucky. God threw a wrecking ball at you. Maybe He just missed.

Bootlegged
06-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Tiny E -
This is pretty f'd up. Remember that these people are human...this is just f'd up.

FAX
06-13-2006, 07:31 PM
If we're going to divide up his body parts, at least there should be a lottery or something so everybody could have a fair chance.

Maybe we could play Ben's Body Bingo.

FAX

Rain Man
06-13-2006, 07:33 PM
I want his right arm. He can keep his brain.

Yeah, the arm is where it's at. I'd possibly even consider doing the three-armed Chinese baby thing and adding it even if I had two arms already.

BucEyedPea
06-13-2006, 07:42 PM
I think he's gonna lose some of those pounds he packed on last season too with his new liquid diet.

svuba
06-13-2006, 07:43 PM
For those with a twisted sense of humor:

Like me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ben-Roethlisberger-Authentic-Motorcycle-Helmet_W0QQitemZ8828180339QQihZ005QQcategoryZ86828QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

TinyEvel
06-13-2006, 07:43 PM
1. I think you're a bit odd. And not in a good way.

2. "Lucky" is finding a $20 bill on the ground. Running into a long-lost friend at the grocery store is lucky. I guess winning a Super Bowl you shouldn't because the refs are bent could be considered lucky as well. But smashing face-first through a windshield, getting most of your teeth knocked out and several broken bones in your head, all while becoming the national poster child for dumbass in the process, is decidedly NOT lucky.

I don't buy into surviving horrible shit as lucky. Lucky people don't experience horrible shit in the first place. If a wrecking ball falls on your car while you're in it, but you happen to live, you aren't lucky. God threw a wrecking ball at you. Maybe He just missed.

Alright. So this is maybe my reflection on this society's overdone and morbid curiosity with celebrity. How many friggin' tabloids step over each other to get a picture of somebody's death pic, or hospital photo, etc.

This post is no better than them, I guess. Just posing a thought-provoking question.

BucEyedPea
06-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Good News is
POSTED 4:55 p.m. EDT, June 13, 2006

ROETHLISBERGER UPGRADED TO FAIR CONDITION

At a Tuesday afternoon news conference, doctors said that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been upgraded to fair condition.

The doctors also said that he is awake, alert, oriented, and resting. He is expected to be released from the hospital in the next three-to-five days.

Per WPXI-TV, the official list of injuries is as follows: fractures to his upper and lower jaw, a mild concussion, a fractured nose, fractured facial bones, multiple head lacerations, multiple abrasions/contusions, loss of two teeth, several chipped teeth, and no evidence of any major structural damage to either knees.

tk13
06-13-2006, 07:47 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ben-Roethlisberger-Authentic-Motorcycle-Helmet_W0QQitemZ8828180339QQihZ005QQcategoryZ86828QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Wow... haha horrible.

memyselfI
06-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Wow... haha horrible.

Let's see how long Ebay let's that auction go on. ROFL ROFL ROFL

Big Dick Jones
06-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Good News is
POSTED 4:55 p.m. EDT, June 13, 2006

ROETHLISBERGER UPGRADED TO FAIR CONDITION

At a Tuesday afternoon news conference, doctors said that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been upgraded to fair condition.

The doctors also said that he is awake, alert, oriented, and resting. He is expected to be released from the hospital in the next three-to-five days.

Per WPXI-TV, the official list of injuries is as follows: fractures to his upper and lower jaw, a mild concussion, a fractured nose, fractured facial bones, multiple head lacerations, multiple abrasions/contusions, loss of two teeth, several chipped teeth, and no evidence of any major structural damage to either knees. Fractured nose? There is no bone in the nose, only cartilage. Have you ever seen a nose bone on a skeleton?

Donger
06-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Fractured nose? There is no bone in the nose, only cartlige. Have you ever seen a nose bone on a skeleton?

Errrr.

Big Dick Jones
06-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Errrr.
Errr what? He has fractured cartilage?

BucEyedPea
06-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Fractured nose? There is no bone in the nose, only cartilage. Have you ever seen a nose bone on a skeleton?

Don't tell me tell the source: WPXI-TV.
I'm just being the messenger...that's not my writing.
K?

But come to think of it...I was diagnosed once with a small fracture on my nose by a medical clinic.

Ebolapox
06-13-2006, 10:26 PM
:spock:

Rain Man
06-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Fractured nose? There is no bone in the nose, only cartilage. Have you ever seen a nose bone on a skeleton?

That's because in most cultures the mortician is allowed to keep the nose bone to make decorative jewelry for resale.

BucEyedPea
06-13-2006, 10:46 PM
That's because in most cultures the mortician is allowed to keep the nose bone to make decorative jewelry for resale.

Is that true?

I'm touching my nose right now...and it sure feels like bone on the bridge but it wiggles near the tip? :)

TrebMaxx
06-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Now that it looks like Ben will be OK, in response to the thread topic. I will just take an arm and a leg so I can fill up my gas tank.

Joe Seahawk
06-14-2006, 12:29 AM
http://i9.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/5e/28/fa_1.JPG

BigMeatballDave
06-14-2006, 01:50 AM
http://i9.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/5e/28/fa_1.JPG
ROFL

BigMeatballDave
06-14-2006, 01:57 AM
Errr what? He has fractured cartilage?Here you go, dipshit...
A nasal fracture is a break in the bone over the ridge of the nose. It usually results from a blunt injury and is one of the most common facial fracture. Symptoms of a broken nose include pain, blood coming from the nose, bruising around the eyes, misshapen appearance, swelling, and difficulty breathing through the nose. Serious nose injuries can cause problems that require immediate attention. However, for minor nose injuries, the doctor may prefer to see the victim after the swelling subsides to evaluate the extent of injury.

chefsos
06-14-2006, 02:38 AM
You can break a nose badly enough that it forces the surgeons to fabricate a new one. A friend of mine did.

Several years ago, he fell asleep at the wheel and ran his car into a cornfield, beating the hell out of his face on the steering wheel in the process. As I type this, it dawns on me that his injuries (broken nose and other facial bones, lost teeth etc.) were similar to Big Ben's.

He ended up with a scar from ear to ear across the top of his head, because the surgeons cut him there, PEELED HIS FACE OFF, replaced the destroyed nose cartilage (with what, I'm not sure) and fixed the other fractures, then rolled his face back on. Eek. Think on that for awhile.

Inspector
06-14-2006, 06:33 AM
I'll take the liver.

I have a large onion to go with it. Mmmmm...

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-14-2006, 06:42 AM
You can break a nose badly enough that it forces the surgeons to fabricate a new one. A friend of mine did.

Several years ago, he fell asleep at the wheel and ran his car into a cornfield, beating the hell out of his face on the steering wheel in the process. As I type this, it dawns on me that his injuries (broken nose and other facial bones, lost teeth etc.) were similar to Big Ben's.

He ended up with a scar from ear to ear across the top of his head, because the surgeons cut him there, PEELED HIS FACE OFF, replaced the destroyed nose cartilage (with what, I'm not sure) and fixed the other fractures, then rolled his face back on. Eek. Think on that for awhile.

So, you're telling us you're friends with Castor Troy. You sick f*ck.