PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about DIRECTV pre-season Sunday TIcket deals?

TinyEvel
06-13-2006, 07:32 PM
I work at the agency that does DIRECTV's ads. I STILL can't get any info.

I'm going to be signing up as a new subscriber, to get SUNDAYTICKET(tm), but I know they give early-birds pre-season discouts. The only thing they've got going on right now is $20 off the Sunday Ticket(tm) package (big whoop. 20 bucks off a $249 price tag, that's not even 10 percent!)

and/or you can get the SUPERFAN package free ($99 value) right now.

Anyone ge a better deal than these last year? Should I wait?

How many friggin threads are there like this each year?

but I figure it will pay for itself in satellite sports bar beer tab savings. I blow about 80 bucks each Sunday during the season. :banghead:

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-13-2006, 07:37 PM
I know that I got free Superfan for this year when I bought it last year.

ChiefsfaninPA
06-13-2006, 07:44 PM
I know that I got free Superfan for this year when I bought it last year.

Is Superfan worth the dough. I have a hard time concentrating on one game.

Davechief
06-13-2006, 08:13 PM
If you want to see games in HD you need to get Super Fan or those channels are unavailable. The shortcut re-broadcast the following week is pretty cool to. Shortcut broadcasts are plays during the game shown without commercials or time in the huddle. Games replayed this way take about a half hour to view. Kind of nice to watch if you miss the game for some reason.

Bob Dole
06-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Bob Dole is heading into year 5 with Sunday Ticket and the letter he got offered it for $209. (Superfan $99)

dtebbe
06-16-2006, 08:02 PM
usually the best deal is offered about 4 or 5 weeks into the season. They will offer sunday ticket free at that point to new subs.

Otherwise the free superfan is a pretty good deal, assuming you want to watch HD (and you should).

DT

chiefs4me
06-16-2006, 08:25 PM
I bet Skip would know...:D

TinyEvel
06-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Okay....

F-it.
I guess I'm gonna bite the bullet and get it with the free Superfan (Watching games in HD..there is NOTHING better. Like you can see every blade of grass, now just keep the kids and the Play-Doh out of the room!)
Thing is, I might be at the loval CHIEFS bar or actually at the game (three time, hopefully)

Whatever. It's worth it.

La-Z-Boy, here I come