PDA

View Full Version : Our 2006 Offensive Line depth chart?

John_Wayne
06-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Here's the depth chart that I'd like to see this season:

.........1st............2nd............3rd
LT - Roaf..........Svietek.....Wellbourne
LG - Waters......Wellbourne....Bober
C - Weigman......Bober......Waters
RG - Shields.....Wellbourne......Bober
RT - Turley.......Sampson.....Wellbourne

That's 9 O-lineman. Wellbourne makes is versitle enough to fill in at almost every position on the line. I have mixed feelings about the Turley signing. I was looking forward to a battle at RT between Wellbourne, Sampson and Svietek. But, maybe Sampson and Svietek aren't ready yet? Also, it seems like they are grooming Svietek to be Roaf's successor. Turley could be a great addition at RT. I just hope that his presence won't slow the progress of Sampson and Svietek. Personally, I think Sampson and Svietek could be our RT and LT of the future.

Thoughts.........

Rain Man
06-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Would a lighter Turley be able to play left tackle as a backup?

John_Wayne
06-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Would a lighter Turley be able to play left tackle as a backup? That's a possibility. It depends on how light he is going to play.

CoMoChief
06-14-2006, 10:34 AM
It seems that even our 2nd team Oline is better than alot of teams starters around the NFL.

CoMoChief
06-14-2006, 10:35 AM
It seems that even our 2nd team Oline is better than alot of teams starters around the NFL. Maybe sign Ryan Lilja again?!?!

rad
06-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Where do you have Black and Parquet?

John_Wayne
06-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Where do you have Black and Parquet? .......... out the door!!

Parquet can go to the PS.

John_Wayne
06-14-2006, 11:13 AM
It seems that even our 2nd team Oline is better than alot of teams starters around the NFL. Possibly. But it will be tough for Wellbourne to block two positions at the same time.

CoMoChief
06-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Possibly. But it will be tough for Wellbourne to block two positions at the same time.

Im taking in consideration that Black is playing guard, because he should be playing there anyways. I actually think he could be pretty good there.

ct
06-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Jordan Black will make the team I believe. Either with 10 O-Linemen, or pushing Sampson off the roster. Svitek is too over-hyped to hide on the PS, so they have no choice but to keep a spot for him to keep him. Frankly, Sampson has done nothing to warrent a spot over a great depth G/T in Black, notice I said depth. If...shudder...Shields and Waters were to go down, having only 1 G on the depth chart is suicide! Like was already said, Welbourne can't play 2 positions like Scanlon can.

The Wild Card is if Turley can't cut it, then Black and Sampson will make it.

greg63
06-14-2006, 11:18 AM
It's difficult for me to see Turley as long term; only a two year contract and injury prone.

rad
06-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Wasn't Welourne a guard in Philly?
Has he transitioned well to tackle?

bkkcoh
06-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Would a lighter Turley be able to play left tackle as a backup?

It doesn't sound too bad having Turley pulling on a sweep with the attitude that has, he'll flatten people........ :toast:

noa
06-14-2006, 11:36 AM
I think this Turley addition means that if he can stay healthy and Roaf and Shields retire next year, our O-Line will be Svitek, Waters, Wiegmann, Welbourne, and Turley with Black as a backup for the guards and Sampson as a backup for the tackles.

el borracho
06-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Someone reming me what happened to Sampson last year. Was he injured? I seem to recall that he was penciled in as the starter early in the year but that isn't what happened, or am I mis-remembering?

Inspector
06-14-2006, 11:58 AM
That's a possibility. It depends on how light he is going to play.

Herm said he was going to be around 290 or a little more as his playing weight.

Still seems pretty light to me.

Although I'm not that heavy.

StcChief
06-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Would a lighter Turley be able to play left tackle as a backup?From HE 6/13 news posted earlier it sounds like that is the current plan RT or BU-LT

Tells me concern with youngsters...Black, Svitek, Sampson. etc being able to fill in Big Willies shoes.

I like the signing today, hope Turley can comeback.....

What a diamond in the trash can this would be

Fish
06-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Someone reming me what happened to Sampson last year. Was he injured? I seem to recall that he was penciled in as the starter early in the year but that isn't what happened, or am I mis-remembering?

He was projected as a possible starter.... then he went back home for the bye week I think and passed out at his home. He was rushed to the hospital with rumors ranging from overdose to dehydration to allergic reaction to medication. They finally said it was exhaustion and he totally dropped off the radar the rest of the year....

who knows.....

John_Wayne
06-14-2006, 12:12 PM
He was projected as a possible starter.... then he went back home for the bye week I think and passed out at his home. He was rushed to the hospital with rumors ranging from overdose to dehydration to allergic reaction to medication. They finally said it was exhaustion and he totally dropped off the radar the rest of the year....

who knows..... .........sounds fishy.

Mr. Laz
06-14-2006, 12:12 PM
got sick ... went to hospital for dyhydration

back problem too??

noa
06-14-2006, 12:14 PM
.........sounds fishy.

I remember they initially thought he suffered a stroke. I don't know what's fishy about that, just a health problem.

JimNasium
06-14-2006, 12:24 PM

who knows.....
I thought he had a major seizure.

Moooo
06-14-2006, 12:28 PM
How are we starting a guy who's gonna need to gain 50 pounds in 10 weeks? And not just fat, either. He's gonna need to gain some muscle tone back.

I'll take Samson there or Wellbourne first.

Moooo

ct
06-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Sampson injured his toe in TC, when he was being hyped as our potential starting RT. When he recovered enough to play, that's when he had an episode away from the team in some off-time, which was pretty hush hush. I believe they ended up saying he passed out from dehydration. Never heard from him again last year.

John_Wayne
06-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Sampson injured his toe in TC, when he was being hyped as our potential starting RT. When he recovered enough to play, that's when he had an episode away from the team in some off-time, which was pretty hush hush. I believe they ended up saying he passed out from dehydration. Never heard from him again last year. I thought the rumor was binge drinking or something like that. You're right, it was hush hush.