PDA

View Full Version : Keith Olbermann to be fired within 2 weeks

Bootlegged
06-14-2006, 01:42 PM
www.weeklyworldknews.com

Olbermann apparently will be fired for hating Rita Cosby and calling her Tons of Fun.

go bowe
06-14-2006, 01:45 PM
i thought he hated bill o'reilly...

go bowe
06-14-2006, 01:46 PM
now, are you predicting this or simply repeating someone else's prediction...

these things are important you know (to jaz, at least)... :p :p :p

jAZ
06-14-2006, 01:47 PM
I bet your cave of political shame is quite messy after your long hibernation period.

Great source btw... loved this story.

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/images/wwn/208862/50024.gif

go bowe
i think they should send olberman back to sports, where i never saw him...

i liked him better that way...

jAZ
now, are you predicting this or simply repeating someone else's prediction...

these things are important you know (to jaz, at least)... :p :p :p
It's door #3...

go bowe
06-14-2006, 01:49 PM
I bet your cave of political shame is quite messy after your long hibernation period.

Great source btw... loved this story.

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/images/wwn/208862/50024.gifcave of what?

you're starting to sound like pen, what with all the glittering metaphors, or is it smilies, or similies, or... shit, i can never keep them all straight...

almost poetic in a jazzy sort of way...

go bowe
06-14-2006, 01:50 PM
door number 3?

wtf?

am i supposed to actually think in order to understand your posts?

nobody told me that...

jAZ
06-14-2006, 01:50 PM
cave of what?
political shame?

Cochise
06-14-2006, 01:52 PM
The Cochise report on why libbies are teh debbil (http://www.libseqdedebbil.com) can confirm this! Not that I'm saying it's true, but haha! It's true!

go bowe
06-14-2006, 01:53 PM
political shame?yeah, that's what i said, "cave of what?"

as in, what's this shit?

i doubt you'll find many around here who would agree that there is a cave of any kind...

they come out of their caskets at night, didn't you know?

go bowe
06-14-2006, 01:54 PM
The Cochise report on why libbies are teh debbil (http://www.libseqdedebbil.com) can confirm this! Not that I'm saying it's true, but haha! It's true!damn, i wanted to read that, and the link is no good... *pouts*

jAZ
06-14-2006, 01:56 PM
yeah, that's what i said, "cave of what?"

as in, what's this shit?

i doubt you'll find many around here who would agree that there is a cave of any kind...

they come out of their caskets at night, didn't you know?
Maybe they just flew back from the south and their arms are tired.

Cochise
06-14-2006, 01:57 PM
damn, i wanted to read that, and the link is no good... *pouts*

"The server is too busy right now. Please try again later."

go bowe
06-14-2006, 02:18 PM
Maybe they just flew back from the south and their arms are tired.ok, that there was funny... ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

go bowe
06-14-2006, 02:21 PM
"The server is too busy right now. Please try again later."this server needs to hire more help behind the counter...

right in the middle of some profound thought, i lose my connection to the site, and then when it comes back it says the ****ing server is too busy!!

i can't wait til these problems with the database and server too busy get fixed...

and soon... :(

Bootlegged
06-14-2006, 02:39 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/426477p-359629c.html

It's 'Putdown With Keith Olbermann'

Dueling hosts Keith *Olbermann and Rita Cosby (below) could hand the network’s new chief, Dan Abrams, his first battle.

Now that Dan Abrams has given up his MSNBC show to run the third-place cable news outlet, he might want to focus on the rising tensions between two of his prime-time personalities: Keith Olbermann and Rita Cosby.

Olbermann, whose "Countdown With Keith Olbermann" airs weeknights at 8, apparently has precious little respect for Cosby, whose "Rita Cosby: Live & Direct" airs at 10 p.m.

"Rita's nice," Olbermann wrote to a fan from his MSNBC E-mail account, "but dumber than a suitcase of rocks." Yesterday Cosby retorted: "Keith got it wrong. I'm not that nice."

But a Cosby intimate gasped when informed of Olbermann's E-mail. "That's incredibly disappointing," he said.

An MSNBC spokesman didn't dispute the authenticity of the months-old E-mail, which came to light this week after the recipient shared it with this column on condition of anonymity.

In his E-mail, Olbermann was also dismissive of then-MSNBC President Rick Kaplan, who left the network last week with six months to go on his three-year contract.

"And Kaplan?" Olbermann wrote to his fan. "He was the producer of that special last night — now known as the Kanye West Show." It was a reference to an embarrassing incident during NBC's Hurricane Katrina telethon on which the popular rapper departed from his script to claim President Bush "doesn't care about black people."

Olbermann, who didn't comment yesterday, was said to be on vacation — though he managed to turn up Monday night at a book party for Al Gore at the American Museum of Natural History.

There, the media blog Jossip.com asked Olbermann — who was accompanied by "his self-described 'friend' Katie" — if he'll now be answering to Abrams.

"I don't answer to anybody," Olbermann insisted.

We'll see.

go bowe
06-14-2006, 02:49 PM
dan abrams is now chief at msnbc?

good heavens, saints preserve us...

another freaking lawer to screw things up even more... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

jAZ
06-15-2006, 10:40 AM
An MSNBC spokesman didn't dispute the authenticity of the months-old E-mail, which came to light this week after the recipient shared it with this column on condition of anonymity.
Wait... I'm told over here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140495) that refusing to dispute authenticity of a document(s) is meaningless... what am I to think now? Could it be that these documents are forged? Or is it more likely that refusing to dispute the authenticity of something might actually suggest something about their authenticity?

Oh my goodness... I'm quite confused now.

patteeu
06-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Wait... I'm told over here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140495) that refusing to dispute authenticity of a document(s) is meaningless... what am I to think now? Could it be that these documents are forged? Or is it more likely that refusing to dispute the authenticity of something might actually suggest something about their authenticity?

Uh... in this case Olbermann admits to what is alleged and apologizes for it. You should just let that other thread die, jAZ, it doesn't represent your best ChiefsPlanet work. Bringing attention to it just prolongs the spectacle.

jAZ
06-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Uh... in this case Olbermann admits to what is alleged and apologizes for it.
What are you talking about?
Olbermann... didn't comment yesterday...

Brock
06-15-2006, 11:13 AM
What are you talking about?

He's talking about where Olbermann admitted to what is alleged and apologized for it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/426803p-360015c.html

Baby Lee
06-15-2006, 11:19 AM
He's talking about where Olbermann admitted to what is alleged and apologized for it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/426803p-360015c.html
I'll beat jAZ to the punch and point out that he was apologizing for exchanges with posters on some BB, not for his Rita Cosby comments.

patteeu
06-15-2006, 11:33 AM
I'll beat jAZ to the punch and point out that he was apologizing for exchanges with posters on some BB, not for his Rita Cosby comments.

Good point. I stand corrected. Olbermann admits to sending nasty hate e-mails, just not this particular nasty hate e-mail. I'd say there's still a 50/50 chance that it's fake. ROFL

jAZ
06-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Good point. I stand corrected. Olbermann admits to sending nasty hate e-mails, just not this particular nasty hate e-mail. I'd say there's still a 50/50 chance that it's fake. ROFL
Maybe it's actually authentic, and he *can't* explicity deny it? Hmmm...

RINGLEADER
06-15-2006, 12:30 PM

I don't doubt that he sent them. Mainly because he sent similar e-mails to me.

During the whole Ohio recount fiasco I traded e-mails with Olbermann. At one point he sent me nearly a dozen e-mails in the span of ten minutes spouting about Ann Coulter and just about everyone else on the right (he made some semi-rascist comment about the Ohio SoS which was surprising - not because he didn't agree with the guy but because he'd make such a comment in an e-mail that, you know, doesn't go away) while avoiding the point I was making which was his first reports on the matter were inaccurate. After he started losing it he sent me an e-mail saying that if I shared them with anyone NBC would sue me. It was all quite fun but I've got to say what was surprising wasn't that he would talk smack (that IS kind of his style and he was replying in the same smart-ass spirit I was writing), but that he would become so engaged with someone he doesn't know. Supporting his claims or apologizing for being wrong or ignoring his detractors all together is one thing - to come back with vitriolic statements about Ann Coulter having a penis seemed to be quite out-of-bounds (even if true :) ).

With Ann in the news for her own stupid statements I should dig up the e-mails and send them over to Lloyd at the Daily News...

Baby Lee
06-15-2006, 12:31 PM
I don't doubt that he sent them. Mainly because he sent similar e-mails to me.

During the whole Ohio recount fiasco I traded e-mails with Olbermann. At one point he sent me nearly a dozen e-mails in the span of ten minutes spouting about Ann Coulter and just about everyone else on the right (he made some semi-rascist comment about the Ohio SoS which was surprising - not because he didn't agree with the guy but because he'd make such a comment in an e-mail that, you know, doesn't go away) while avoiding the point I was making which was his first reports on the matter were inaccurate. After he started losing it he sent me an e-mail saying that if I shared them with anyone NBC would sue me. It was all quite fun but I've got to say what was surprising wasn't that he would talk smack (that IS kind of his style and he was replying in the same smart-ass spirit I was writing), but that he would become so engaged with someone he doesn't know. Supporting his claims or apologizing for being wrong or ignoring his "fans" is one thing - to come back with vitriolic statements about Ann Coulter having a penis seemed to be quite out-of-bounds (even if true :) ).

With Ann in the news for her own stupid statements I should dig up the e-mails and send them over to Lloyd at the Daily News...

Dude!!!

Luzap a coupl'a weeks ago, now RL?

Can Mr. Blonde be far behind?

RINGLEADER
06-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Dude!!!

Luzap a coupl'a weeks ago, now RL?

Can Mr. Blonde be far behind?

I actually found a few minutes where I didn't have to work. Hopefully, I'll have some time in the fall when the elections roll around to participate more. I miss everyone here.

go bowe
06-15-2006, 01:07 PM
everyone?

did you say everyone?

every-one?

even *gasp* meme?

RINGLEADER
06-15-2006, 09:20 PM
everyone?

did you say everyone?

every-one?

even *gasp* meme?

Sure. Her, Jaz, you, everyone.

And I'll try to be back more in the run-up to the 2006 elections so I can lament with you another night of liberal almost-wins being held up as victory.

:)

FAX
06-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Olbermann is very funny. Just not in the way he intends.

By the way y'all, Jimmy Carter was possibly the worst POTUS of all times. Definately the most depressing.

FAX THE CURRENT EVENTS MAN