PDA

View Full Version : N64 - Goldeneye

cmh6476
06-14-2006, 04:06 PM
http://www.break.com/index/goldenapple.html

ROFL

Reaper16
06-14-2006, 04:14 PM
LOL Goldeneye's AI wasn't that bad. Funny stuff.

Ash
06-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Hilarious golden eye was the shit back in the day.Reminds me of chappels bit about what life would be like if it were like playing grand theft auto.That was very creative though. god I spent hours playing that game, first person shooters have come along way since then.

RockChalk
06-14-2006, 04:24 PM
LOL Goldeneye's AI wasn't that bad. Funny stuff.

Yes, it was.

JBucc
06-14-2006, 04:26 PM
I played that game a few days back just for old time's sake. The frame rate was terrible to the point that I had to quit after about ten minutes. I didn't remember it being that bad. The fact that my Z didn't work half the time didn't help either. It was the shit back then though.

RockChalk
06-14-2006, 04:30 PM
I thought about breaking it back out. The only games I ever play on N64 anymore, and this is very rare, is Major League Baseball with Ken Griffey Jr and any of the Mario Party games

elvomito
06-14-2006, 04:33 PM
here's a tekken one: (site nsfw)
http://www.steakandcheese.com/content/detail.asp?ID=29840&type=1&page=1
and a tyson punchout one: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4667626571617317802

KCChiefsMan
06-14-2006, 04:43 PM
heh, thats pretty good, I've spent many hours playing goldeneye with friends back in the day

sedated
06-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Goldeneye and MarioKart were the sh!t back in the day.

I don't know how many classes I skipped because of them.

Reaper16
06-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Yes, it was.
Maybe it was on Easy, but I wouldn't know. I literally just got done playing Goldeneye because of this thread, and no, the AI wasn't as bad as dipicted.

JBucc
06-14-2006, 04:58 PM
I kind of miss having all the guys in one room together instead of miles away across the net to play a game. Trash talk isn't quite the same on a headset.

Discuss Thrower
06-14-2006, 06:28 PM
I kind of miss having all the guys in one room together instead of miles away across the net to play a game. Trash talk isn't quite the same on a headset.

That only means you haven't tried hard enough.

VonneMarie
06-14-2006, 06:36 PM
That really brought back to the good ol days.

meStevo
06-14-2006, 06:44 PM

This is why my friends and I still have LAN parties. One this weekend in fact.

Even when there aren't LAN parties, we've been getting together on occasion and playing GRAW on multiple XBoxes.

I miss the Goldeneye hayday too, hard to recapture that.

Was all Goldeneye, Springer, and Jose Quervo (for my mexican roomate, im a wimp) in college.

OldTownChief
06-14-2006, 06:51 PM
ROFL That was great.

Saulbadguy
06-14-2006, 07:10 PM
My friends and I would stay up for hours playing multiplayer.

My favorite mode was Proximity mines. I'd always mine the starting locations so if someone died, they would die 3 or 4 times in a row.

KCChiefsMan
06-14-2006, 07:13 PM

My favorite mode was Proximity mines. I'd always mine the starting locations so if someone died, they would die 3 or 4 times in a row.

oh yeah, I remember the proximity mines..those were nice

Reaper16
06-14-2006, 07:17 PM

Proximity mines in the Library level was my specialty. No one could touch me in that scenario, not even the a**hole in every group that just had to be Oddjob.

Saulbadguy
06-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Proximity mines in the Library level was my specialty. No one could touch me in that scenario, not even the a**hole in every group that just had to be Oddjob.
Yup, the library was the best place for proxy mines. I also liked mining the body armor for the little pussies who always run for it anytime they got skimmed by a bullet.

We banned Oddjob.

sedated
06-14-2006, 07:24 PM
oddjob was not a big deal, just easier to get a head-shot on.

when everyone got good enough, no one used that little turd anymore

CHENZ A!
06-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Goldeneye and MarioKart were the sh!t back in the day.

I don't know how many classes I skipped because of them.

Aww man, Mariokart was the shit. You can't **** with Wario, he's a bad mofo! ROFL Did you ever play Mariokart double dash for the gamecube? pretty fun when you've got 4 drunk/stoned buddies.

meStevo
06-14-2006, 10:58 PM
That was part of the appeal of Maro Kart for the Nintendo DS, there is a 'Retro Cup' that has you play maps from each of the previous iterations of the game.

Because i seemed to be so 'good' i was usually told to play Jaws because he was a 'bigger target'.

A bigger target with a higher center of mass, so the gun was nearly at headshot level of those i was facing....

Proximity mines were always fun, but the best is bazookas on that board with the several plain rooms with 2 levels in each. Tons o fun.

Sam Hall
06-14-2006, 11:04 PM
As good as GoldenEye was, Perfect Dark was better. That game brings back some good memories. If I still had an N64, I'd probably play it instead of my Gamecube that's collecting dust.

Reaper16
06-14-2006, 11:56 PM
As good as GoldenEye was, Perfect Dark was better. That game brings back some good memories. If I still had an N64, I'd probably play it instead of my Gamecube that's collecting dust.
Perfect Dark, for all of it's framerate problems, represents uncounted days spent in gameplay. Given the choice, I'd play PD multiplyer over Halo multiplayer 8 days of the week.

That was part of the appeal of Maro Kart for the Nintendo DS, there is a 'Retro Cup' that has you play maps from each of the previous iterations of the game.

I was just playing Mario Kart DS online earlier today. I can think of maybe no better portable experience that playing a few quick races in Mario Kart. Reason alone to buy a DS(Lite!) for me.