PDA

View Full Version : Making my first trip to Arrowhead. . .

mac58
06-14-2006, 06:45 PM
anyone have any suggestions on what section I should get tickets for. . . Im coming to season opener and there are alot of tickets for sale online. . .also Im gonna need some people to tailgate with being that I wont have a car out there,but i will have a ton of beer and food to share. . .so is there a place where the people from the planet meet?. . .I know its only June but I cant wait any longer this offseason is way too long. . .

Monkeylook4food
06-14-2006, 06:47 PM
There's not many bad seats in Arrowhead. That's true.

If you don't find anything else, you're welcome to come out to my tailgate. Drop me a note of reminder as the season gets closer.

rad
06-14-2006, 06:49 PM
anyone have any suggestions on what section I should get tickets for. . . Im coming to season opener and there are alot of tickets for sale online. . .also Im gonna need some people to tailgate with being that I wont have a car out there,but i will have a ton of beer and food to share. . .so is there a place where the people from the planet meet?. . .I know its only June but I cant wait any longer this offseason is way too long. . .

I live upstate, I'm going with you!

sedated
06-14-2006, 06:51 PM
http://www.seatdata.com/html/nfl_chiefs/pick_section_nfl_chiefs.htm

mac58
06-14-2006, 06:52 PM
cool thanks guys. . .and sedated thats a really helpful site much appreciated. . .

Frazod
06-14-2006, 06:55 PM
If it's your first time, and you can afford it, get good seats - something, perhaps, in the neighborhood of 10 to 20 rows up between the 40s. You'll pay out the ass for them, but this isn't something you do every day.

A more economical alternative would be seats in the lower part of the upper level near mid-field. You still get a commanding view of the action for a lot less money.

The first time I went to Arrowhead as an adult (I had been once when I was 7 or 8) I cheaped out and got tickets in the corner near the top of the upper level. I've always regretted that. Make your first trip special.

mac58
06-14-2006, 07:00 PM
yeah Im going all out gonna get some good seats. . .like u said this is a once and a l;ifetime thing for me been a fan since I was little and seen them play in Giants stadium bunch of times. . .but money will be no object on my first trip to the Mecca

Frazod
06-14-2006, 07:03 PM
yeah Im going all out gonna get some good seats. . .like u said this is a once and a l;ifetime thing for me been a fan since I was little and seen them play in Giants stadium bunch of times. . .but money will be no object on my first trip to the Mecca

That's the spirit. :thumb:

I think how often you get to go to games and how much effort it takes to get there dictates how people feel about seats. If I lived in Kansas City and decided to go to the game at the last minute, upper corner endzone wouldn't be a big deal. But I go once a year, and drive from Chicago. And I'm not driving 500 miles to get a friggin nosebleed.

chief52
06-14-2006, 07:06 PM
I made my first visit to Arrowhead last season. Unfortunately, I witnessed the Eagle debacle :( First half was awesome, but it sure went down hill. I had a great time. Place is awesome, fans could not have been nicer and the food was awesome. I loved Jack Stack's, but I did not try them all. Locals much better for that.

The planeteers were great with info. I listened to them and had a great 4 day weekend. :clap:

BWillie
06-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Ah yes, my season tickets are all the way up in 344. Hopefully they aren't too bad, but they are about 15 rows from the top. I guess you gotta start somewhere. Last year I sat at the 30 a few rows up, definitely worth it...although I didn't pay for them. But thats niether here nor there

recxjake
06-14-2006, 07:34 PM
whats the best way to get tickets? ticketmaster, scalpers, ebay?

Nzoner
06-14-2006, 07:36 PM
I had a great time.

So did we,we still talk about those delicious cookies on card night.

chief52
06-14-2006, 07:40 PM
So did we,we still talk about those delicious cookies on card night.

:) I will keep that in mind for my next trip. Maybe this season!

You still giving up your seats? I guess you can always get in to the ones you want to see.

Nzoner
06-14-2006, 07:50 PM
:) I will keep that in mind for my next trip. Maybe this season!

You still giving up your seats? I guess you can always get in to the ones you want to see.

My seats are officially given up,but when you guys pick a game let me know,I'll have no problem getting us seats,I'll even charge you face value as long as your bring some cookies. ;)

chief52
06-14-2006, 07:52 PM
My seats are officially given up,but when you guys pick a game let me know,I'll have no problem getting us seats,I'll even charge you face value as long as your bring some cookies. ;)

It is a deal. We will make sure not to run short! Thanks Nzoner.

CHENZ A!
06-14-2006, 07:58 PM
whats the best way to get tickets? ticketmaster, scalpers, ebay?

For most games, if you aren't picky about where you sit, you can find tickets out at the stadium for face or just above face. However, this cuts into your tailgating time.

KCBOSS1
06-14-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm only about 5-6 hours from KC and try to go to at least 1 game each year. To come this far to see a game, pay the difference and get good seats. I like club level seats. To come that far, I would try the lower level between the 40s or club between the 40s. It's worth it to me to pay the difference.

KCBOSS1
06-14-2006, 09:05 PM
I've had the best luck through e-bay.

4th and Long
06-14-2006, 09:11 PM
http://www.seatdata.com/html/nfl_chiefs/pick_section_nfl_chiefs.htm
You should change your name to seatdata. I doubt anyone will notice.

Dunit35
06-15-2006, 12:12 AM
My first game was the season opener last year and we got lucky and sat in the shade the entire time in the endzone. That was some sweet seats.

greg63
06-15-2006, 12:42 AM

Try not to get the nose bleed section. I had to sit there a couple of times; didn't much care for it, but then again I have an intense fear of hights.

Guru
06-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Try not to get the nose bleed section. I had to sit there a couple of times; didn't much care for it, but then again I have an intense fear of hights.
There is no bad seat in Arrowhead. I actually prefer the upper level seats over the lower level. You really get to see the play develop.

Count Zarth
06-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Do not bring a sign.

J Diddy
06-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Do not bring a sign.

why?

J Diddy
06-15-2006, 12:57 AM
There is no bad seat in Arrowhead. I actually prefer the upper level seats over the lower level. You really get to see the play develop.

yep and the crowd is more party intensive

Guru
06-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Do not bring a sign.
I don't mind signs... As long as they are not within the first 10 rows in front of me blocking my view. :harumph:

Guru
06-15-2006, 01:05 AM
yep and the crowd is more party intensive
Hell yeah!!!

Count Zarth
06-15-2006, 01:13 AM
why?

Because it's ****ing stupid.

J Diddy
06-15-2006, 01:21 AM
Because it's ****ing stupid.

says the wizard of wit

alanm
06-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Why? They just beat you up and steal your beer. :)

Rausch
06-15-2006, 02:12 AM
Why? They just beat you up and steal your beer. :)

Shhhhhhhhh!

KCKID58
06-15-2006, 05:39 AM
When I made my first trip to Arrowhead, I got tickets in the endzone. I believe it was 128 or 127 section. We had 4th row. That was very exciting. The pre-game was right in front of us. I got some great pictures of the end-zone huddle. Dante Hall came over and signed some autographs. I've only been there once, but I'll have to agree with everybody else, there is not a bad seat in the house. It's not the seats you have but it's the whole atmosphere of Arrowhead that wowed me over.

CanadianChief
06-15-2006, 06:56 AM
My first trip to Arrowhead was last year for the home opener and we had tickets in section 341, row 19. I thought they were great!!

We bought them off ticketmaster the instant they went on sale. I don't suppose you can get any tickets off ticketmaster in the lower bowl.

BigRedChief
06-15-2006, 07:33 AM
I don't suppose you can get any tickets off ticketmaster in the lower bowl.ROFL lower bowl on ticketmaster ROFL
Here's where you will find my tailgate at every game. We are right next to the Tee-Pee set up. The Superfans will usually stop by and visit with us for a little while. Lots of foot traffic right next to us. Lots of fans from the other teams will wander by...always lots of fun to talk trash with them. We usually have first timers at every home game at our tailgate. It's a cool spot for a first timer.
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=414

KingPriest2
06-15-2006, 09:25 AM
ROFL lower bowl on ticketmaster ROFL
Here's where you will find my tailgate at every game. We are right next to the Tee-Pee set up. The Superfans will usually stop by and visit with us for a little while. Lots of foot traffic right next to us. Lots of fans from the other teams will wander by...always lots of fun to talk trash with them. We usually have first timers at every home game at our tailgate. It's a cool spot for a first timer.
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=414
How close are you to the group that has the mini band and bonfie in C> They always have a ritual.

BigRedChief
06-15-2006, 09:30 AM
How close are you to the group that has the mini band and bonfie in C> They always have a ritual.

5 yards away.

My wife hurt her ankle so we have a handicap license plate and can park right down in front of them in the handicap parking spots. We don't have to wait in line to claim the spot either. The gates open at 8:30 am but we usually pull in about 9:00 am. It's the only benefit we get from her ankle being ruined.

Cochise
06-15-2006, 09:37 AM
I agree that if it's your first game, spring for some good seats. Lower level is cool because of the atmosphere. The lower part of the upper level isn't bad either, you get a better view of the parts of the field you don't normally see on TV. The club isn't bad. Lines are short but the atmosphere isn't as good, it's been the wine and cheese crowd the few times I have sat there.

It seems like at the home opener every year it's just sweltering outside. It might also be good to look for something on the lower level under the overhang so you can get some shade.

Cochise
06-15-2006, 09:39 AM
My first trip to Arrowhead was last year for the home opener and we had tickets in section 341, row 19. I thought they were great!!

We bought them off ticketmaster the instant they went on sale. I don't suppose you can get any tickets off ticketmaster in the lower bowl.

I used to sit in that section in row 20. Good seats, I like being at exactly that height. Plus it's right at the top of the spiral and the bathrooms and concessions are right below.

Dartgod
06-15-2006, 09:50 AM
If you spring for lower level seats, try not to get the first 10-15 rows or so. It sounds silly, because its cool to be that close to the field, but it is harder to see plays develop from that close.

We're in row 33 of lower level and they are ideal. Also we are under the overhang of club level, so if it should be raining, we stay dry. :thumb:

Lurch
06-15-2006, 09:54 AM
If you spring for lower level seats, try not to get the first 10-15 rows or so. It sounds silly, because its cool to be that close to the field, but it is harder to see plays develop from that close.

We're in row 33 of lower level and they are ideal. Also we are under the overhang of club level, so if it should be raining, we stay dry. :thumb:

Still keep the tickets in the fire-safe, on the top shelf of the bedroom closet do you? So, what's your address, again?

Dartgod
06-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Still keep the tickets in the fire-safe, on the top shelf of the bedroom closet do you?
Yep, right next to my 12 gauge. :evil:

Lurch
06-15-2006, 09:59 AM

I'll have the headliner from the Foxy Lady distracting you....I doubt you'll even notice me.

KC Dan
06-15-2006, 10:01 AM
and mine! Don't even joke about that Lurch-o

BigRedChief
06-15-2006, 10:01 AM
I'll have the headliner from the Foxy Lady distracting you....I doubt you'll even notice me.
Hey he tailgates about 20 yards from me. We can just catch him and KC Dan in the parking lot when he doesn't have the 12 gauge with him. ROFL but they make some good grub over there so sucking up to them might be the better choice...

Lurch
06-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey he tailgates about 20 yards from me. We can just catch him and KC Dan in the parking lot when he doesn't have the 12 gauge with him. ROFL but they make some good grub over there so sucking up to them might be the better choice...

Good grub, eh? I hear he makes a mean margarita too. :hmmm:

KC Dan
06-15-2006, 10:05 AM
And, since we are close by BRC never a worry. As you can easily surmise from his handle - he's not a little guy! :)

The margarita's are special!!!!

BigRedChief
06-15-2006, 10:08 AM
And, since we are close by BRC never a worry. As you can easily surmise from his handle - he's not a little guy! :)

If I trip and fall on you its at least a trip to the ER with cracked ribs. Margaritas? They have Margaritas there...I didn't know? :rolleyes: maybe it was the jaggermister/red bull shots we were doing?:hmmm:

mac58
06-15-2006, 10:11 AM
cool thanx for all the info and i will be stopping by that taigate. . which side of the field is the sunnyside?

DaKCMan AP
06-15-2006, 10:12 AM
I think my last trip was preseason 2003. A family friend/chiefs security hooked us up with 20 yard line row 12 seats and a pregame field pass :)

Lurch
06-15-2006, 10:12 AM
If I trip and fall on you its at least a trip to the ER with cracked ribs. Margaritas? They have Margaritas there...I didn't know? :rolleyes: maybe it was the jaggermister/red bull shots we were doing?:hmmm:

Ribs? Gates?

KC Dan
06-15-2006, 10:15 AM
DAMNIT!!! I wish there was a game Sunday... I am in bad need of my screaming fix and the family is kinda tired of my ranting here.

Dartgod
06-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah, the margaritas are special, but they are not for public consumption. They cost too damn much to make!

Lurch
06-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah, the margaritas are special, but they are not for public consumption. They cost too damn much to make!

If I BYOB, can you help with the recipe?

Dartgod
06-15-2006, 10:23 AM
If I BYOB, can you help with the recipe?
Sure. The first ingredient is a $50 bottle of tequila.

KC Dan
06-15-2006, 10:31 AM
hehehe:clap:

Dartgod
06-15-2006, 10:35 AM
hehehe:clap:Well, I sure as hell ain't drinking no Jose' Cuervo Gold. :Lin:

Patrón, on the other hand... :drool:

BigRedChief
06-15-2006, 01:00 PM

Jeeezzz you guys know how to tailgate. :clap:

Dartgod
06-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Jeeezzz you guys know how to tailgate. :clap:
Eh, I usually just do this once a year. It's too expensive to do every game.