PDA

View Full Version : Fox and Griffin

philfree
06-14-2006, 10:10 PM
I wasn't sure about there health status after the season as they were both out because of injury. Griffin made it throught the NFLE season healthy and I read were Fox was making plays in the OTAs so at this point they both appear to be fine. That being the case we should be very good at LB in 2006 if we can stay healthy. That's a bunch of fast LBs. I'm starting to get pumped and it's way to early for that :)

I took a little time away from the Chiefs this offseason and that's something haven't done fo several years. I'm a revitalized :clap:

PhilFree:arrow:

Rudy lost the toss
06-14-2006, 10:35 PM
With Bell and Fox having injury history, I wouldn't mind bringing in a cheap vet to replace Boomer, Scanlon, or Griffin. I think Chris Claiborne Saleem Rasheed, Orlando Ruff, or Jaime Sharper are Free Agents. I don't know if any have retired or if they would even be an upgrade, but I don't like the depth right now. Trading Fujita was a mistake IMO.

nychief
06-14-2006, 10:38 PM
I don't want any of that old trash.

Rudy lost the toss
06-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Claiborne turns 28 in July. Claiborn > Boomer/Griffin/Scanlon

philfree
06-14-2006, 11:02 PM
With Bell and Fox having injury history, I wouldn't mind bringing in a cheap vet to replace Boomer, Scanlon, or Griffin. I think Chris Claiborne Saleem Rasheed, Orlando Ruff, or Jaime Sharper are Free Agents. I don't know if any have retired or if they would even be an upgrade, but I don't like the depth right now. Trading Fujita was a mistake IMO.

I like our young guys. They are in a situation where the may be able to form a special cohesiveness as a group of players. They're all young and have had to toil through the poor defenses since they became Chiefs. They've all kinda gone through it together and I think that gives them an edge that can't be bought on the FA market.

PhilFree:arrow:

Rausch
06-14-2006, 11:26 PM
Claiborne turns 28 in July. Claiborn > Boomer/Griffin/Scanlon

Claiborne = half-hearted bust.

Rausch
06-14-2006, 11:27 PM
I thought Griffin had a future here. If Bell doesn't shake his slump and come on like he's able to I'd like to see him get the chance...

SLAG
06-14-2006, 11:54 PM
we should convince dat ngyuen to come out of retirement for one more year ;)

Miles
06-14-2006, 11:58 PM
Claiborne = half-hearted bust.

Limited upside and seems to be getting progressively more mediocre each season. He would basically be bench depth at MLB, which is not exactly a pressing need.