PDA

View Full Version : Just watched my first Michael Moore film...

Rausch
06-15-2006, 03:10 AM
I feel like I've been intellectually lobotomized....

Guru
06-15-2006, 03:22 AM

Why do that to yourself?

Rausch
06-15-2006, 03:45 AM
He's a complete ****ing idiot.

Taco John
06-15-2006, 03:46 AM
Whaaa! It's a political topic! Move it to the Politics forum! Whaaaa!

/Bwana

recxjake
06-15-2006, 04:25 AM
Whaaa! It's a political topic! Move it to the Politics forum! Whaaaa!

/Bwana

wtf is that pic lol

greg63
06-15-2006, 05:21 AM

Ya know you loose IQ points for every second of Michael Moore crap you watch.

chiefqueen
06-15-2006, 05:42 AM
Is Michael related to Dayton?????????????

Just wondering (and wanting to see where Planeteers would go with that thought.)

Guru
06-15-2006, 05:45 AM
Considering his post, I think he now realizes that. ROFL

greg63
06-15-2006, 06:09 AM
Considering his post, I think he now realizes that. ROFL

Perhaps there is still hope left for Rausch.

Guru
06-15-2006, 06:12 AM
Perhaps there is still hope left for Rausch.
Nah. All hope is lost. :shake:

greg63
06-15-2006, 06:22 AM
Nah. All hope is lost. :shake:

...Hey; don't touch that....

All is lost; all is lost!!!

Mr. Kotter
06-15-2006, 08:21 AM

The only people who don't see through his garbage.....for all intents and purposes are lobotomized.

You are lucky you only "feel" that way...:)

StcChief
06-15-2006, 08:26 AM

IQ points drop just like wearing your hat backwards... :p

Chiefnj
06-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Which film?

Messier
06-15-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm looking forward to Sicko.

Simplex3
06-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Which lying sack of excrement?
Fixed your post.

Pitt Gorilla
06-15-2006, 09:53 AM
The Big One was very good. People didn't like that one?

HarryParatestes
06-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Is Michael related to Dayton?????????????

Just wondering (and wanting to see where Planeteers would go with that thought.)

No... but he's as big as Dayton...Ohio! :p

chiefqueen
06-15-2006, 10:48 AM
No... but he's as big as Dayton...Ohio! :p

I'm sure Dayton, Ohio wishes it could grow as the same pace as Michael......it would give the city an expanding economy.

Baby Lee
06-15-2006, 10:59 AM
I have to say, Moore is a sweetheart compared to Penn on Bullsh!t.

I've only seen like 5 episodes, but his critique for every issue seems to be "%^& those %^&ing #$%s."

Very insightful.
Sad, really. Because he's pretty entertaining and engaging in other forums.

Pitt Gorilla
06-15-2006, 11:01 AM

I've only seen like 5 episodes, but his critique for every issue seems to be "%^& those %^&ing #$%s."

Very insightful.
Sad, really. Because he's pretty entertaining and engaging in other forums.That's true. He really seems to go over the top on every issue.

Mr. Kotter
06-15-2006, 11:01 AM

Very insightful.

I guess I'm not missing much, then....

Baby Lee
06-15-2006, 11:03 AM
That's true. He really seems to go over the top on every issue.
Sometimes it's so over the top, that I'm not even sure what he's mad at, other than some nerd in a suit, or some middle-aged chick in a pants-suit.

Cochise
06-15-2006, 11:08 AM
To see what he was about I got "Bowling..." from Netflix. I watched about 15-20 minutes and that was all I could take.

Pitt Gorilla
06-15-2006, 11:12 AM
To see what he was about I got "Bowling..." from Netflix. I watched about 15-20 minutes and that was all I could take.You should watch "The Big One." I haven't talked to anyone who didn't at least find the film interesting.

Oh, and TV Nation, or something like that, was a pretty funny show. He did a bit in Russia about a missile being pointed at a particular small town in the US. Good stuff.

greg63
06-15-2006, 11:14 AM
IQ points drop just like wearing your hat backwards... :p

ROFL

melbar
06-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Its a crime how much money this guy has made on his mockumenteries. The guy does films pretending to be for the American worker and against war, then does film production and editing in Canada to avoid high taxes and union workers , and has owned stock in Haliburton and other military contractors. Its all about the buck with that guy.Its just sad that some people are actually influenced by his edit films.

Mr. Laz
06-15-2006, 11:56 AM

thought you already had long ago :shrug:

FringeNC
06-15-2006, 12:17 PM

Very insightful.

You can't even compare Penn to Michael Moore. Penn is a skeptic...a skeptic of religion...a skeptic of the junk science/religion of environmentalism...a skeptic of alien abductions....etc.

I think Penn is hilarious, and usually correct. Michael Moore is simply an obsese Leni Riefenstahl for the MoveOn.org / DailyKos crowd.

StcChief
06-15-2006, 12:32 PM

I hope you didn't pay anything for...

There is Two hours of your life you will never get back.

MahiMike
06-15-2006, 12:33 PM
So does that mean you feel more enlightened now?

bobbything
06-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Be prepared for his first sequel...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433561/

Dr. Van Halen
06-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Did none of you see "Roger & Me"? That was an amazing film. Seriously.

Moore is kind of a jackass about politics, but he makes great points about Big Business.

Someone mentioned his new film "Sicko." It's an angry look at the healthcare system. Who here isn't angry about the healthcare system?

Somewhere along the line Moore got Coultered, and it just isn't fair.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 09:23 PM

You poor poor soul :shake:

Baconeater
06-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Did none of you see "Roger & Me"? That was an amazing film. Seriously.

Moore is kind of a jackass about politics, but he makes great points about Big Business.

Someone mentioned his new film "Sicko." It's an angry look at the healthcare system. Who here isn't angry about the healthcare system?

Somewhere along the line Moore got Coultered, and it just isn't fair.
I saw "Roger & Me" years ago and I liked it, but big businesses like GM are an easy target. It's not too hard to find things to make them look bad. I've never seen any of his other films, and I have really no desire to either.

Dr. Van Halen
06-15-2006, 09:44 PM
I saw "Roger & Me" years ago and I liked it, but big businesses like GM are an easy target. It's not too hard to find things to make them look bad. I've never seen any of his other films, and I have really no desire to either.

"Bowling for Columbine" is pretty good, unless you are a gun nut.

"F 911" is only good if you aren't a big fan of the Neocons.

His show "TV Nation" was pretty funny. Very funny at times.

Targeting GM at the height of the "Buy American" bumpersticker craze wasn't such an easy thing. Moore has guts, I'll give him that.

Again, somehow he became equated with the Ann Coulters of the world ... maybe because he was the only Liberal who ever said anything interesting.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 09:47 PM

Targeting GM at the height of the "Buy American" bumpersticker craze wasn't such an easy thing. Moore has guts, I'll give him that.

Again, somehow he became equated with the Ann Coulters of the world ... maybe because he was the only Liberal who ever said anything interesting.

Dude Michael "Supersize It" Moore is such the king of cut\edit\distort.

How anyoen can ever look at what that man says and take it as even haf-ass accurate outside of people's names in insane!

But some people seem to enjoy being called the most stupid people in the world. At least says Michael Moore about Americans.

ARE YOU NOT AMERICAN?

ENDelt260
06-15-2006, 09:55 PM
I kind of liked Canadian Bacon.

Dr. Van Halen
06-15-2006, 09:56 PM

How anyoen can ever look at what that man says and take it as even haf-ass accurate outside of people's names in insane!

But some people seem to enjoy being called the most stupid people in the world. At least says Michael Moore about Americans.

ARE YOU NOT AMERICAN?

Moore isn't the king of cut/edit/distort. He's the king of ambush. That's what he does. He sticks a camera in a congressman's face while he's going to lunch and tricks him into saying something stupid to prove a point. It's crude, but effectively amusing (if you happen to agree with whatever point is being made).

I'm not sure what you mean by "people's names in insane" ... but what in "Roger & Me" do you not take as even half-ass accurate?

I don't think Moore meant all Americans ... just 51% of them.

nychief
06-15-2006, 09:56 PM
"Roger and Me" is great.

nychief
06-15-2006, 09:57 PM

ARE YOU NOT AMERICAN?

Americans are ****ing stupid. Lets be honest.

Messier
06-15-2006, 09:58 PM

ARE YOU NOT AMERICAN?

I don't think you've ever watched his movies, or a documentery for that matter. ALL are edit ahoy, they are made to prove a point, the thing is you must want that point to be made to enjoy them. I take it you don't like the points Moore makes. They are a little progressive.

nychief
06-15-2006, 09:59 PM
I don't think you've ever watched his movies, or a documentery for that matter. ALL are edit ahoy, they are made to prove a point, the thing is you must want that point to be made to enjoy them. I take it you don't like the points Moore makes. They are a little progressive.

see.

what about cinema verite?

melbar
06-15-2006, 10:10 PM

I think the "point" here is that when you are splicing scenes from different years and varied subjects together to make your point, your "point" is B.S. to begin with. If facts arent there and cant speak for themselves , your a hack. Moore unfortunately is a rich hack because 49% of the population are desperate for the illusion of validation for their views.

Adept Havelock
06-15-2006, 10:14 PM

I liked Roger and Me, and the 30 minute short sequel, Pets or Meat.

He got Coulterized because they are two sides of the same coin. Both will use the most absurd and inflammatory statements, quotes taken out of context, and other BS to try to push their agenda. JMO.

Plenty of liberals say interesting things, as do plenty of conservatives. Sadly, the 24-hour news cycle media circus only pays attention to the ones that can be distilled to a sound bite, like those two.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Moore isn't the king of cut/edit/distort. He's the king of ambush. That's what he does. He sticks a camera in a congressman's face while he's going to lunch and tricks him into saying something stupid to prove a point. It's crude, but effectively amusing (if you happen to agree with whatever point is being made).

I'm not sure what you mean by "people's names in insane" ... but what in "Roger & Me" do you not take as even half-ass accurate?

I don't think Moore meant all Americans ... just 51% of them.

Oh I can see we have a Libtard I guess? 51% of them? Professor, Moore called All Americans stupid before Kerry lost another election for the Dems.

What else you got sparky? If you think Moore isn't the king of editing you are sick beyond help.

Dr. Van Halen
06-15-2006, 10:19 PM

He got Coulterized because they are two sides of the same coin. Both will use the most absurd and inflammatory statements, quotes taken out of context, and other BS to try to push their agenda. JMO.

Plenty of liberals say interesting things, as do plenty of conservatives. Sadly, the 24-hour news cycle media circus only pays attention to the ones that can be distilled to a sound bite, like those two.

I respect your opinion, but I think there is a world of difference between Ann Coulter and Michael Moore.

Moore was villainized by the Neocons. Coulter is a villain.

Simply Red
06-15-2006, 10:21 PM
I prefer FarenHYPE 911. You'll find maybe one copy at Blockbuster for rent if lucky. Mr. Cut and Paste has a lot of folks brainwashed and he is pretty good at it. Freaking slob.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 10:24 PM
I respect your opinion, but I think there is a world of difference between Ann Coulter and Michael Moore.

Moore was villainized by the Neocons. Coulter is a villain.

Spoken like a true liberal. As long as the person is on your side they can talk out of their ass all they want and you will defend them no matter how idiotic you look and sound and probably feel.

Hypocracy through Justification seems to be your deal.

Coulter is a loudmouth and runs it too much. But she doesn't have to lie to make her $'s. Just talk shit. Which is why she makes money book after book after book.

F-9\11 was such a hit he couldn't even give it away free!

Mark M
06-15-2006, 10:26 PM

Damn ... that was as spot-on as it can get.

MM
~~:clap:

nychief
06-15-2006, 10:27 PM
But she doesn't have to lie to make her $'s. Just talk shit. Which is why she makes money book after book after book.

ahhh..... hummmm. well.

Mark M
06-15-2006, 10:34 PM
But she doesn't have to lie to make her $'s.

You're right ... she just <a href="http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/In_new_book_Coulter_cribs_stem_0614.html">plagarizes</a> ...

oh, and commits <a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20060608/cm_huffpost/022511">voter fraud.</a>

MM
~~:)

Adept Havelock
06-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Coulter is a loudmouth and runs it too much. But she doesn't have to lie to make her $'s. Just talk shit. Which is why she makes money book after book after book.

Coulter doesn't lie? Please. If you believe that, I've got a great bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. She's done everything from citing invented sources to taking partial quotes out of context, just like Michael Moore. The only difference is the right wing version of Michael Moore has a cult following of people that actually think that an emaciated blonde that looks like she just escaped from a concentration camp actually looks hot, in spite of her Adam's Apple. :rolleyes:

As long as the person is on your side they can talk out of their ass all they want and you will defend them no matter how idiotic you look and sound and probably feel.

Irony, thy name is petegz28. ROFL ROFL ROFL

BTW- It's "Hypocrisy"

Messier
06-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Spoken like a true liberal. As long as the person is on your side they can talk out of their ass all they want and you will defend them no matter how idiotic you look and sound and probably feel.

Coulter doesn't lie? Really? You could be right I haven't really checked. I do know she says the most hateful things I've every heard.

By the way F 911 is the highest grossing documentary of all time. $120 million so it turns out you were wrong in a really sweet way.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 10:43 PM
You're right ... she just <a href="http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/In_new_book_Coulter_cribs_stem_0614.html">plagarizes</a> ...

oh, and commits <a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20060608/cm_huffpost/022511">voter fraud.</a>

MM
~~:)

Voter Fraud? You mean like in the State of Washington where the Dem Governor won by 180 votes more than there were people in that county?

Or you mean hand counting compute ballots over and over and over until the results say what you want them too?

Or trying to disenfranchise the military of their vote to favor the Democratic nominee?

Chicago, Chicago!

You were saying?

petegz28
06-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Coulter doesn't lie? Really? You could be right I haven't really checked. I do know she says the most hateful things I've every heard.

By the way F 911 is the highest grossing documentary of all time. $120 million so it turns out you were wrong in a really sweet way.

Highest Documentary! WOW! STOP IT REALLY?

YOU'RE KILLING ME SMALLS!!!! It was shown in 2...you hear me 2 see that TWO theaters in all of the city. And didn't make it past the first week!

Then he TRIED to GIVE IT AWAY FREE!

I can't help it enough peopel hate Bush so much they are willing to pay to be lied too.

Yes Coulter is just say very VERY colorful. But at the root point she is usually pretty accurate and more times than not seems to always cite her sources of info

Simply Red
06-15-2006, 10:49 PM

Real quick. Go rent FarenHYPE 911 and you will see how he picks and chooses what he CONVIENENTLY leaves out and how he mis-informs. Biggest grossing or not: This came when we seeked answers as a nation. Go rent the above and I assure you. You wont defend it. Hell half the people in f-911 didn't even know they were going to be in a movie. So you just keep sensationalizing the fat effing pig.

Adept Havelock
06-15-2006, 10:50 PM
blather, balderdash, and piffle.

my side is better than yours..etc.

Thanks to this buffoon, it is now officially time to move this thread to DC. Congratulations petegz28, you've formally shown yourself to be a right wing version of Denise. Thanks for playing, you've been a lovely contestant. Take your parting prize and don't let the door hit you....

Dr. Van Halen
06-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Oh I can see we have a Libtard I guess? 51% of them? Professor, Moore called All Americans stupid before Kerry lost another election for the Dems.

What else you got sparky? If you think Moore isn't the king of editing you are sick beyond help.

I don't know where to start, Pete. Libtard? Sparky? Sick beyond help?

Pete, after reading your posts in this thread, I can without hesitation say that Moore was absolutely wrong about Americans being stupid. You are to smart what crotchless pants are to class. I commend you on your brilliancitude!

petegz28
06-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Thanks to this buffoon, it is now officially time to move this thread to DC. Congratulations petegz28, you've formally shown yourself to be a right wing version of Denise. Thanks for playing, you've been a lovely contestant. Take your parting prize and don't let the door hit you....

So now you are making posts under my name? F*CK YOU! I never posted that jerk

nychief
06-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Or trying to disenfranchise the military of their vote to favor the Democratic nominee?

Oh, you mean the Swift Boat Captains for Truth?

Pete, finish your beer, listen to the end of your Ray Stevens Greatest Hits album and go to bed, please.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 10:58 PM
I am sorry if I hurt the image of your hero Mikey.

By the way. It isn't that I like Conservatives....it's Liberals are just a bunch of sissy whiners

Now go make up more things I said so you can pretend to counter me and self declare more victories.

Personally if I were you two I would get a woman and put the doll down.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh, you mean the Swift Boat Captains for Truth?

Pete, finish your beer, listen to the end of your Ray Stevens Greatest Hits album and go to bed, please.

No I was thinking that lovely court hearing Al Gore's lawyes had trying to disqualify Military Absentee ballots.

You're right I am not drunk enough to believe your B.S.

Dr. Van Halen
06-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Highest Documentary! WOW! STOP IT REALLY?

YOU'RE KILLING ME SMALLS!!!! It was shown in 2...you hear me 2 see that TWO theaters in all of the city. And didn't make it past the first week!

Then he TRIED to GIVE IT AWAY FREE!

I can't help it enough peopel hate Bush so much they are willing to pay to be lied too.

Yes Coulter is just say very VERY colorful. But at the root point she is usually pretty accurate and more times than not seems to always cite her sources of info

Pete, you just confused me. First, you seemed to ignore Messier's fact that F911 grossed $120 million by claiming that Moore couldn't give it away for free. If that were true, it couldn't have grossed $120 million, which it did.http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Fahrenheit_9/11.

Then you followed it up with saying that the only reason it made so much money is that people hate Bush.

You are an odd fellow.

nychief
06-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Personally if I were you two I would get a woman and put the doll down.

http://www.smartbargains.com/images/product/501825/5018251296_LG.jpg

petegz28
06-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Pete, you just confused me. First, you seemed to ignore Messier's fact that F911 grossed $120 million by claiming that Moore couldn't give it away for free. If that were true, it couldn't have grossed $120 million, which it did.http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Fahrenheit_9/11.

Then you followed it up with saying that the only reason it made so much money is that people hate Bush.

You are an odd fellow.

Yeah I know his movie did so good a month afte rit opened he was trying to give it away.

Like I said I can't help it he made a bunch of money off of people who hate Bush so much they were willing to pay to get lied too.

It is just utterly obserd to even take Moore seriously or even Coulte for that matter.

But this B.S. Coutler is a villan but Moore isn't is just pure partisan B.S.

All that is saying is your shit don't stink

Simplex3
06-15-2006, 11:04 PM

Creative editing my a**. It was no edit job when he outright lied about the plaque beneath the bomber in Bowling for Columbine.

The fat POS is an outright liar. End of story.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 11:05 PM
http://www.smartbargains.com/images/product/501825/5018251296_LG.jpg

You are one of those perverts that gets off being dominated by the omwan you hate yet can't help be a bitch for aren't you?

It's ok you can say it.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Creative editing my a**. It was no edit job when he outright lied about the plaque beneath the bomber in Bowling for Columbine.

Touche ROFL

Simply Red
06-15-2006, 11:06 PM

nice work Simplex.

Dr. Van Halen
06-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah I know his movie did so good a month afte rit opened he was trying to give it away.

Like I said I can't help it he made a bunch of money off of people who hate Bush so much they were willing to pay to get lied too.

It is just utterly obserd to even take Moore seriously or even Coulte for that matter.

But this B.S. Coutler is a villan but Moore isn't is just pure partisan B.S.

All that is saying is your shit don't stink

Moore is an Oscar-winning documentarian.

The body of work he has done in this genre gives him more credibility than Coulter in my book. That's just my opinion.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 11:15 PM

The body of work he has done in this genre gives him more credibility than Coulter in my book. That's just my opinion.

:LOL:

Oh now because the Hollywood Elite gave him a trohy Iam supposed to be impressed?

Yes now you have convinced me. Yes taking one statement from a person and applying it to a totally different context is really REALLY credible let me tell you!

Man you have opened my eyes

I call :BS:

Dr. Van Halen
06-15-2006, 11:16 PM

No, not touche. And not nice work.

Moore says (I had to look it up because it is kind of an obscure point -- there are much larger inconsistencies, lies, and attempts at creative editing in the Oscar-winning documentary "Bowling for Columbine") that the plane in question was used to kill Vietnamese on Christmas, which in fact it was. It shot down MIG on Christmas of 1972. What's the lie?

Oh, and props to the guy who said Moore was awesome in "Canadian Bacon."

nychief
06-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Pete and simplex, wow...

Associates Degrees unite, form of a internet fight!

Mark M
Voter Fraud? You mean like in the State of Washington where the Dem Governor won by 180 votes more than there were people in that county?

Or you mean hand counting compute ballots over and over and over until the results say what you want them too?

Chicago, Chicago!

You were saying?

Dude. Mix in some decaf.

Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ ...

MM
~~:eek: :shake:

petegz28
No, not touche. And not nice work.

Moore says (I had to look it up because it is kind of an obscure point -- there are much larger inconsistencies, lies, and attempts at creative editing in the Oscar-winning documentary "Bowling for Columbine") that the plane in question was used to kill Vietnamese on Christmas, which in fact it was. It shot down MIG on Christmas of 1972. What's the lie?

Oh, and props to the guy who said Moore was awesome in "Canadian Bacon."

I get the impression Moore is just infoulable in your eyes.

Must be nice to be detached from reality so... :bong:

melbar
06-15-2006, 11:18 PM

You are an odd fellow.

The fact that a political documentary bashing our president during war made almost as much overseas tells a lot...

Mark M
06-15-2006, 11:20 PM
You are to smart what crotchless pants are to class. I commend you on your brilliancitude!

ROFL

Pete and simplex, wow...

ROFL ROFL

If it weren't for the political nature of the thread, this could almost make to the Hall of Classics ...

MM
~~ROFL ROFL ROFL

petegz28
06-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Dude. Mix in some decaf.

Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ ...

MM
~~:eek: :shake:

Oh I am sorry is my accurate recollection of the historical facts a little to mind scrambling for you?

Should I have rattled them off one at a time ? :drool:

melbar

He was rewarded for bashing the President in Hollywood? THAT is shocking!

Dr. Van Halen
:LOL:

Oh now because the Hollywood Elite gave him a trohy Iam supposed to be impressed?

Yes now you have convinced me. Yes taking one statement from a person and applying it to a totally different context is really REALLY credible let me tell you!

Man you have opened my eyes

Did you just call BS!!?

No!! Come on! Has it come to that already!? BS-calling is not necessary! Dang!

I wasn't trying to convince you, Pete. I was just saying my opinion. Coulter was a sack of crap who became famous for being a sack of crap. Moore became famous as an award-winning documentarian.

Moore stands up for working-class people in his films, and, yes, uses some dirty tricks.

Coulter defends her political party in her television appearances, and, yes, uses some dirty tricks.

Again, I see a difference.

Dr. Van Halen
06-15-2006, 11:23 PM
He was rewarded for bashing the President in Hollywood? THAT is shocking!

No, he won for "Bowling for Columbine." Have you seen many of Moore's documentaries? "Roger & Me" is awesome.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Did you just call BS!!?

I wasn't trying to convince you, Pete. I was just saying my opinion. Coulter was a sack of crap who became famous for being a sack of crap. Moore became famous as an award-winning documentarian.

Moore stands up for working-class people in his films, and, yes, uses some dirty tricks.

Coulter defends her political party in her television appearances, and, yes, uses some dirty tricks.

Moore is a sack of crap that became famous for whatever Left wing BS he is pushing

Coulter is a sack of crap for whatever Right Wing BS she is pushing

The fact that you can't see that shows what partisan BS I am calling you on

:BS:

Dr. Van Halen
06-15-2006, 11:25 PM
I get the impression Moore is just infoulable in your eyes.

Must be nice to be detached from reality so... :bong:

Pete, was I wrong about the plaque? If so, tell me. You see, because what I did was research a fact and report that fact to you. There's no spin or "infoulability" here.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 11:26 PM
No, he won for "Bowling for Columbine." Have you seen many of Moore's documentaries? "Roger & Me" is awesome.

Yeah then he turend around and outsourced his staff to Canada.

LOL!

You are jsut a chuckle a post...

The fat ass goes over seas and calls ALL Americans stupid

And here you are giving him money and acting like he is Jaque Ceausteu or something

The man is a politcal hack and makes his money being just that. Get real

Him and Coulter are the same you just can't deal with that can you? ROFL

Mark M
06-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Oh I am sorry is my accurate recollection of the historical facts a little to mind scrambling for you?

Should I have rattled them off one at a time ? :drool:

Thanks for proving my point ... :shake:

My shot at Coulter was just that -- a shot at Coulter. She's a stupid ****ing **** who uses infamatory rhetoric, based on nothing more than her opinion and the thoughts (and even the direct words) of others.

She's a lying bitch. Period.

Oh, and trust me ... if you want to get into the voter fraud fight, you'll lose. Big time. So stop while you're ahead.

MM
~~:spank:

Mark M
06-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Him and Coulter are the same ...
Finally ... you post something with which I agree.

I knew it could happen ...

MM
~~:hmmm:

T-post Tom
06-15-2006, 11:29 PM
yawn

petegz28
06-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Pete, was I wrong about the plaque? If so, tell me. You see, because what I did was research a fact and report that fact to you. There's no spin or "infoulability" here.

I wasn't the one who said it. I was just giving him props on calling him an outright liar.

Which he is. Like how he took the wounded Iraqi Vets comments and made them mean something they didn't.

So I don't give a rat's ass about a plaque.

Why hasn't Michael "Im such the Documentary Master" Moore ever go onto a military base and film his stuff?

I know..because one statement from an ex-CIA person and faux use of a soldiers statements shows his expert skill at making a documentary.

Somewhere you believe documentaries are 100% accurate. :rolleyes:

petegz28
06-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Thanks for proving my point ... :shake:

My shot at Coulter was just that -- a shot at Coulter. She's a stupid ****ing **** who uses infamatory rhetoric, based on nothing more than her opinion and the thoughts (and even the direct words) of others.

She's a lying bitch. Period.

Oh, and trust me ... if you want to get into the voter fraud fight, you'll lose. Big time. So stop while you're ahead.

MM
~~:spank:

Time out. She footnotes the crap out of her stuff from what I have seen.

You are going a little too far saying it is JUST her opinion.

Dr. Van Halen
06-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Moore is a sack of crap that became famous for whatever Left wing BS he is pushing

Coulter is a sack of crap for whatever Right Wing BS she is pushing

The fact that you can't see that shows what partisan BS I am calling you on

:BS:

NO! You called BS on me again!

Look, if there's one thing for you to get from this argument that you have clearly won by calling BS on me (twice), it's this: "Roger & Me" was an awesome documentary that wasn't left wing BS, but, rather, complained that big businesses pull horrible crap on working-class Americans all the time and get away with it.

melbar
06-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Did you just call BS!!?

Stands up for the working class my a--! He does all his post production in CANADA to avoid paying AMERICAN workers saleries and AMERICAN taxes! He's a lying sack of hypocritical poop! His views have no basis in fact so he has to edit scenes together to create the illusion of fact. Way too many idiots purchased his fantasy films to validate their misinformed views.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 11:32 PM
NO! You called BS on me again!

Look, if there's one thing for you to get from this argument that you have clearly won by calling BS on me (twice), it's this: "Roger & Me" was an awesome documentary that wasn't left wing BS, but, rather, complained that big businesses pull horrible crap on working-class Americans all the time and get away with it.

And then he outsourced his staff to Canada :banghead: LOL

YOU'RE KILLING ME SMALLS!

Another :BS:

Mark M
06-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Time out. She footnotes the crap out of her stuff from what I have seen.

You are going a little too far saying it is JUST her opinion.

From what I've read (and, believe it or not I have read a great deal of her stuff -- "know thine enemy" kinda thing) it's about 90% her opinion, 8% someone else's idea, and 2% fact.

Not exactly research paper level, no matter how many footnotes.

She is a shock <s>king</s> queen who only gets noticed because she yells ideological obscenities louder than most.

MM
~~:shrug:

Dr. Van Halen
06-15-2006, 11:38 PM
And then he outsourced his staff to Canada :banghead: LOL

YOU'RE KILLING ME SMALLS!

Another :BS:

HA! Outsourced his staff? He hired a Canadian to design his website! That's it! That's all he did! You make it sound like he moved his corporate headquarters and 400 jobs to Montreal!

Wait for it ...

Wait for it ...

petegz28
06-15-2006, 11:42 PM
From what I've read (and, believe it or not I have read a great deal of her stuff -- "know thine enemy" kinda thing) it's about 90% her opinion, 8% someone else's idea, and 2% fact.

Not exactly research paper level, no matter how many footnotes.

She is a shock <s>king</s> queen who only gets noticed because she yells ideological obscenities louder than most.

MM

Let me clarify..it isn't just HER opinion. Now you can debate what she cites ok but I am jsut saying Moore is no different. They both take different roads to the same place.

petegz28
06-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Yeah big Companies whine whine whine....then we turn around and want to make them be the answer to all our social problems. That's not American and neither is Moore.

I am sorry Moore is a scumbag that gts off bashing America whetreh we are at war or not. Life isn't perfect or fair. But we have th ebest country in the wolrd nd if he thinks Canada or France is so much better why in the hell is he here making millions of $'s?

Mark M
06-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Let me clarify..it isn't just HER opinion.
She's not smart enough for it to be 100% her opinion, even though she's not totally stupid -- to quote a guy who used to post around here, she's also "morally bankrupt."

Now you can debate what she cites ok
She doesn't even cite stuff correctly.

but I am jsut saying Moore is no different. They both take different roads to the same place.
I don't disagree. Although I have to say that I've never even seen a Moore film. Seriously ... never. I just don't find him all that credible.

MM

Simplex3
06-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Pete and simplex, wow...

No, I'm done with this tool. Actually, I think it's someone's alter-ego that I'm done with.

melbar
06-15-2006, 11:54 PM
HA! Outsourced his staff? He hired a Canadian to design his website! That's it! That's all he did! You make it sound like he moved his corporate headquarters and 400 jobs to Montreal!

Wait for it ...

Wait for it ...

Yes, I call :BS: right back on you.

The American scenes in Canadian Bacon were shot in Canada where labor costs are cheaper. All postproduction for his show "The Awefull Truth" was done in Canada. ALL OF IT. Much of the filming for "Bowling for Columbine" was done in Canada also. Wasnt that Colorado!? Why Canada where Production costs are cheaper not having to pay AMERICAN workers....OOhhhh....

Messier
06-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Yeah big Companies whine whine whine....then we turn around and want to make them be the answer to all our social problems. That's not American and neither is Moore.

I am sorry Moore is a scumbag that gts off bashing America whetreh we are at war or not. Life isn't perfect or fair. But we have th ebest country in the wolrd nd if he thinks Canada or France is so much better why in the hell is he here making millions of $'s?

I've never heard Moore bash America. I've heard him bash Bush, which isn't the same thing and if you have a strong desire to type that it is the same....I...I'm sorry you feel that way, and I feel you couldn't be more wrong.

Messier
06-16-2006, 12:01 AM

The American scenes in Canadian Bacon were shot in Canada where labor costs are cheaper. All postproduction for his show "The Awefull Truth" was done in Canada. ALL OF IT. Much of the filming for "Bowling for Columbine" was done in Canada also. Wasnt that Colorado!? Why Canada where Production costs are cheaper not having to pay AMERICAN workers....OOhhhh....

Canadian Bacan is a fictional movie that takes place in Canada.

In Bowling for Columbine one of his points was the diffrence between American and Canadian gun laws. If he didn't go to Canada for these films it would have been odd.

petegz28
06-16-2006, 12:03 AM
I've never heard Moore bash America. I've heard him bash Bush, which isn't the same thing and if you have a strong desire to type that it is the same....I...I'm sorry you feel that way, and I feel you couldn't be more wrong.

Calling all Americans stupid? Misusing a wounded vets words I am sorry is beyond the pale. That is where Moore goes from Left Wing Scum to jsut a total Fat Ass Slob Jerk Off

Coulter would still be good at a 10-2 position after a 6 pack so she wins ok?

Messier
06-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Could you post this "All Americans are stupid" quote with a link in a context, not just this just in from FOX news, M. Moore says all Americans are stupid. I'm serious if you find it I'll take back everything I said and agree. I still enjoyed the movies though.

Mark M
06-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Coulter would still be good at a 10-2 position after a 6 pack so she wins ok?

Dude ... I wouldn't **** her with her own dick ...

MM
~~:shake:

Dr. Van Halen
06-16-2006, 12:13 AM

But! But! But! Messier, it didn't HAVE to be Canadian Bacon, did it?

No, it could have been Montana Bacon. Or North Texas Bacon. See? See?

Moore chose to make the fictional movie Canadian Bacon take place in Canada!

And what? Much of the documentary "Bowling for Columbine" is about a comparison of the laws in the US and Canada, and, thus, filming was done in Canada?!

That's UNAMERICAN!

Now, time to get out my banjo! Yeeeeee-haaaa! Here, folks, is a song about pork rinds. Dar-dan-dan-dan-dar. Sing along, Melbar and Pete! You know the words! Yeeeeee-haaaa!

Messier
06-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Ah never mind I found where the quote came from, in a speech he said "americans in general lack knowledge of the outside world". I'm sorry although I only slightly agree, I can't award you the you were right speech. That does not say all Americans are stupid, although both contain the word Americans, it's just not close enough.

Rausch
06-16-2006, 12:23 AM

You couldn't be more wrong if you ate-out a nun.

His arguement is that we stuck guns in the constitution because white people hate black people and want to keep them in their place.

I'm not kidding.

After that laugher he treks to Canada to study their crime rates and shootings. Low and behold they have guns just like their brothers in the US of A, but like 1,oooth of the shootings/crime.

Lets try some basic math. Canada = C. America = A. Guns = G.

C + G = Almost no crime.
A + G = insane crime and shootings.

Someone with an extensive education in the sciences help me understand how G is the cause of crime and not A...

Rausch
06-16-2006, 12:24 AM

Yeah, one needs to wear a bra and one doesn't.

Pitt Gorilla
06-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Lets try some basic math. Canada = C. America = A. Guns = G.

C + G = Almost no crime.
A + G = insane crime and shootings.

Someone with an extensive education in the sciences help me understand how G is the cause of crime and not A...I thought that was his point (I could be wrong).

BTW,
Let me once again recommend seeing "The Big One." If you're going to judge Moore, you should probably consider more of his work; I still watch Tom Hanks movies after Joe vs. the Volcano.

Messier
06-16-2006, 12:33 AM
I thought that was his point (I could be wrong).

It was his point. He never finds out why we're crime and murder crazy and Canada isn't.

Rausch
06-16-2006, 12:42 AM
It was his point. He never finds out why we're crime and murder crazy and Canada isn't.

But the whole point of his flick is that guns are the debil.

Guns are the reason Columbine happened, and about ever other ill he rants on.

And that's not even touching on the racial crap he tosses.