PDA

View Full Version : Who is the planet Wing King? How many have you consumed?

Bootlegged
06-15-2006, 08:27 AM
The regular wings - not the Hooter's style with the elbow and knee attached.

45 is my personal record.

Nzoner
06-15-2006, 08:37 AM
I've never kept track but I can tell you that 6 of the Blazin' at BW3 is my limit on those.

4th and Long
06-15-2006, 08:39 AM
I ate every pterodactyl wing known to man. That's why they are extinct.

sedated
06-15-2006, 08:39 AM
I have never tried to down as many as I can, usually because I'm also drinking and don't want to make myself yak.

But I normally munch about 20.

Are we talkin breaded or un-breaded?

Saulbadguy
06-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Depends on the size of the wing.

I wager I could probably eat a few dozen of BW3 wings. We go to a local bar here in Topeka called "Skinnys" and I can usually only eat a dozen of theirs. They are twice the size of BW3 wings.

ChiTown
06-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Don't know, but I'd hazard a guess that the size of my shit the next day far outweighs the total mass of the hot wings that I ingest.

Hot Wings for ChiTown = Laxative

Bootlegged
06-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Don't know, but I'd hazard a guess that the size of my shit the next day far outweighs the total mass of the hot wings that I ingest.

Hot Wings for ChiTown = Laxative

I've had to bomb the restaurant b'room on a couple of occassions. Couldn't even make it home.

Demonpenz
06-15-2006, 09:32 AM
i love wings.

BigMeatballDave
06-15-2006, 09:41 AM
50! This way back in '93. I was much younger and could put away the food. From BW3's. Can't remember the flavor...

rageeumr
06-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Depends on the size of the wing.

I second that. When I go to the Peanut I usually only get a half dozen. Of course they actually serve both parts of the wing as one, so it's like getting a dozen somewhere else. I don't know where they get their chickens, but you feel like you're eating a drumstick.

On a side note, a dude at the Peanut on Metcalf told me that he once saw Whitlock eat 2 dozen wings, a triple BLT and an order of nachos in one sitting.

Moooo
06-15-2006, 09:45 AM
What is BW3? I am in Springfield, we have a place called Buffalo Wild Wings which isn't bad, like 15 different flavors of sauce or something.

I have an ulcer, so I can't get those spicy ones (not that I would anyway). But when I was a kid my grandma used to make just barbecued wings and I would eat like 20 of those when I was only 12.

Moooo

BigMeatballDave
06-15-2006, 09:49 AM
What is BW3? I am in Springfield, we have a place called Buffalo Wild Wings which isn't bad, like 15 different flavors of sauce or something.

I have an ulcer, so I can't get those spicy ones (not that I would anyway). But when I was a kid my grandma used to make just barbecued wings and I would eat like 20 of those when I was only 12.

MooooThat is BW3s. Not sure what the '3' is for.

BigMeatballDave
06-15-2006, 09:50 AM
That is BW3s. Not sure what the '3' is for.I should clarify and say I guess that is what they used to go by. I still call them that, anyway...

Demonpenz
06-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck

MVChiefFan
06-15-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm in Springfield too, but I prefer Wing Stop to Buffalo Wild Wings. I usually eat 20 to 25 wings but I probably get full on Wing Stop's fries, they are the sh!t. They mix the salt with sugar. Make their own ranch dressing. WOOOOEEEEEHHHH!!! Damn, I'm hungry for wings and it's only 10:00 am.

Bootlegged
06-15-2006, 10:07 AM
http://www.adamssuperfood.com/data/productimages/buffalo%20chicken%20wings%20-%20large.jpg

Moooo
06-15-2006, 10:09 AM
http://www.adamssuperfood.com/data/productimages/buffalo%20chicken%20wings%20-%20large.jpg

Hey, man! That's not cool. I can't get any of those right now, in about an hour I'm gonna pull a lunchless 10 hour day (school, then work).

Moooo

Cochise
06-15-2006, 10:19 AM
If I want wings and I'm too lazy to go out I'll order pizza and get 24 of them. I can put 24 down easy, I could do at least 12 more than that.

I ate 6 of those Blazin wings once, and that was not a good idea. Although I'm not sure there is much difference between 1 and 6. If you get any of that sauce in your mouth it's going to burn for 20 minutes or whatever, I don't think eating more of them makes it worse.

RockChalk
06-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Was watching an ISU vs KU basketball game a few years back in Lawrence at the BW3 and some peeps gave us these coupons for 6 free wings. I generally like hot sauce, but not too crazy, but thought I'd give the Blazin a try. I ate 6 in a couple of minutes and was like, this sauce is weak. Then about 10 minutes went by and my mouth was on fire. I've had a lot of hot food before, but nothing was as bad as that, and I made the situation worse by rubbing my eyes with sauce residue still on my hands... :banghead:

King_Chief_Fan
06-15-2006, 10:52 AM
When I visited my daughter and her husband in Overland Park, they treated me to the best wings I ever had. A place called Peanuts. They ordered them to go. Biggest sack, biggest wings I ever saw. They were hot!!! I loved em.

Fish
06-15-2006, 11:04 AM
When I visited my daughter and her husband in Overland Park, they treated me to the best wings I ever had. A place called Peanuts.

There's a Peanuts about 3 blocks from work.... Good stuff.... with all this wing talk, I'm considering it for lunch......

Lurch
06-15-2006, 11:14 AM
After about 25-30, I just start getting nauseus. So it ain't me. Guess I'm a wimp. Just don't say that to my face.

The Red Sea
06-15-2006, 12:41 PM
To be honest I'm not sure how many or if I've ever been close to my fill when it comes to wings.
My friends & family think of me as the walking talking bottomless pit.
I barely have a belly but at 6'3 , 245 I can pretty much eat anything till its gone! lol
A sheet pizza barely gets me to burp!

They actually joke with me about being in one of those up & coming eating contests that seem almost popular now.

I'd love to just try it once.
I just dont get that.. I Cant eat another bite feeling others get.
Just like I dont get the...yuck thats too rich for me.
In my mind it means so its too rich for you meaning the taste over powers you?!? The taste is so strong & so good I can only eat two bites of it?? LOL that cracks me up.

Speed eating 50 dogs...I'm not sure..eating more than 50 wings though? Hell I'd drink a couple of milkshakes with that many! =P

Hmmm if both my boys end up like me they will probably eat me out of house & home in a few yrs.

In an unrelated chicken story.....

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/7838/clucky8dy.jpg

Mr. Laz
06-15-2006, 01:36 PM
don't know about wings ...never counted

but i can eat several pounds of shrimp

Nzoner
06-15-2006, 02:18 PM
I ate 6 of those Blazin wings once, and that was not a good idea. Although I'm not sure there is much difference between 1 and 6. If you get any of that sauce in your mouth it's going to burn for 20 minutes or whatever, I don't think eating more of them makes it worse.

Last Summer they were having a contest for a free t-shirt and your name on a trophy if you could eat 12 of them in 6 minutes,I passed.

Bootlegged
06-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Last Summer they were having a contest for a free t-shirt and your name on a trophy if you could eat 12 of them in 6 minutes,I passed.

WHAT you passed, please keep to yourself.

Reaper16
06-15-2006, 02:20 PM
You know those fried chicken wings at Ponderosa Steakhouses? I put down 75 + one time; it was epic.

Nzoner
06-15-2006, 02:28 PM
You know those fried chicken wings at Ponderosa Steakhouses? I put down 75 + one time; it was epic.

IT was epic and YOU were stoned.

DaKCMan AP
06-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Although I cannot eat them in large quantities (I get tired of repetitive taste), I love wings. Clearwater, where I'm at this summer, has great wings.

The original Hooters is in Clearwater. I've yet to go to the original one. Hooters has great scenery, but just OK wings.

The original WingHouse is in Clearwater. Bigger, better wings than hooters, but same sort of style with still good scenery.

Mugs n Jugs - a different style of wing, very good. However, I only get takeout from there because the scenery instead of scantily clad attractive girls is more of a mugs n jugs biker girl.

In conclusion, when in Clearwater, I eat-in at WingHouse and get takeout from Mugs n Jugs.

Reaper16
06-15-2006, 02:46 PM
IT was epic and YOU were stoned.
Heh. Never been stoned, myself.
The funniest thing about it is that I'm very, very skinny. Like, starved African child skinny, because I have unnaturally high metabolism. I haven't gained more than 4 pounds for six some years, fluctuating between a paltry 147 and 151 lbs. I'm something of a freak.

KC Dan
06-15-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm something of a freak.
funny, I don't hear anyone calling bull____!

Reaper16
06-15-2006, 02:49 PM
funny, I don't hear anyone calling bull____!
I have no shame; why would I lie.

Bootlegged
06-15-2006, 02:55 PM

I had no idea Ponderosa was still in business.

DaKCMan AP
06-15-2006, 02:58 PM
I had no idea Ponderosa was still in business.

There's always been a bunch of them in Orlando.

KCChiefsMan
06-15-2006, 03:16 PM
I think I put down over 20 once at buffalo wild wings, wasn't keeping track or anything but I was drinking and had the munchies

Nzoner
06-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Heh. Never been stoned, myself.
The funniest thing about it is that I'm very, very skinny. Like, starved African child skinny, because I have unnaturally high metabolism. I haven't gained more than 4 pounds for six some years, fluctuating between a paltry 147 and 151 lbs. I'm something of a freak.

I think I could handle beng something of a freak,I even look at the likes of a chocolate donut and I can feel my pants gettng tighter.