PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Info Request

Fish
06-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Well giggity giggity... I just took some vacation time to head up to River Falls this year. PBJ

As I've never been before, could some of the training camp regulars give me some info on it? I've checked out The U of W - River Falls Chiefs page (http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/welcome.php), and googled around to try and find info, but I thought somebody who's been there could probably tell me more.

Mainly:

What are the best camping locations nearby? Opinions?

What other types of activities should I check out around the area?

Decent bars to have a cold one? Preferably some pool tables?

Disc Golf courses nearby?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks....

jlscorpio
06-15-2006, 01:48 PM
I stay at the comfort inn in hudson, wi.

SNR
06-15-2006, 02:12 PM
I've made deals with my wife to stay in Minneapolis while I do my training camp watching sessions. She can bum around at the mall of america all day and I can watch football all day, and the drive back and forth really isn't that bad

tomahawk kid
06-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Bo's N Mine would probably be the best place to shoot some stick.

Coach's is another good bar to grab a brew.

They also have a place called Steve's which serves up some really good pizza.

I've heard of folks doing some fishing while they're up in the area, but the easiest answer to the "other activites" question is Minneapolis (30-40 drive).

There's also some nice taverns / restaurants in the towns surrounding River Falls - more specifically Stillwater.

I've never camped, or golfed when I've been up there so I can't offer any advice in those areas.

Chief Chief
06-15-2006, 06:10 PM
When at the bars in River Falls, watch out for this dude that goes by the name of Lawrence "Terrible Terror" Tynes. He don't look mean, but ya don't want to get in a fight with him, that's for sure!

Mr. Kotter
06-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Willow River State Park, near Hudson.....this will be our third year there. Nice, clean; not crowded, but well maintained....with a variety of stuff to do. It's about 15-20 minutes from the campground to the UWRF.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/parks/specific/willowriver/

Fish
06-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Willow River State Park, near Hudson.....this will be our third year there. Nice, clean; not crowded, but well maintained....with a variety of stuff to do. It's about 15-20 minutes from the campground to the UWRF.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/parks/specific/willowriver/

Hey Kotter that looks like a really nice place. Thanks a bunch... gonna keep that one in mind.

KChiefs1
06-15-2006, 09:52 PM
I got in a game a pool with Dante Hall last year at Bo's N Mine before the eye candy came in & he decided he'd rather let them play with his stick.

Fish
06-15-2006, 10:00 PM
I got in a game a pool with Dante Hall last year at Bo's N Mine before the eye candy came in & he decided he'd rather let them play with his stick.

You sound jealous......... no I'm just kidding.... I'll check that place out..... thanks man.