PDA

View Full Version : WTF ?

ROYC75
06-15-2006, 01:27 PM
I got these 2 emails today, I haven't done anything with ebay for a whole year.......This one from .........admin@emails.ebay-ms...

Dear royc75@hotmail.com,

We are contacting you to remind you that on 14 JUN 2006 we identified some unusual activity in your account coming from a foreign IP address :capitol.guatemala-203-pc.in ( IP address located in India ) . We have been notified that a card associated with your account has been reported as lost or stolen and involved in fraudulent transactions, or that there were additional problems with your card.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by completing the following form or else your account will be marked as fraudulent , and will remain open for investigation. You will pay for the fees wich will result from the financial transactions between eBay and FIT ( Fraud Investigations Team ) .

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsingSSL=yes

eBay's Privacy Policy and Law Enforcement Disclosure: We care deeply about the privacy of the eBay community and will protect the privacy of our members even while working closely with law enforcement to prevent criminal activity. If you are unsure about our privacy practices, please visit eBay's Privacy Central for more information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 2nd one .......... support@service.ebay...

Dear royc75@hotmail.com,

We are contacting you to remind you that on 14 JUN 2006 we identified some unusual activity in your account coming from a foreign IP address :capitol.guatemala-203-pc.in ( IP address located in India ) . We have been notified that a card associated with your account has been reported as lost or stolen and involved in fraudulent transactions, or that there were additional problems with your card.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by completing the following form or else your account will be marked as fraudulent , and will remain open for investigation. You will pay for the fees wich will result from the financial transactions between eBay and FIT ( Fraud Investigations Team ) .

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsingSSL=yes

eBay's Privacy Policy and Law Enforcement Disclosure: We care deeply about the privacy of the eBay community and will protect the privacy of our members even while working closely with law enforcement to prevent criminal activity. If you are unsure about our privacy practices, please visit eBay's Privacy Central for more information.

:harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

Same damn message, addressed different from ebay......... what gives ? Anybody had any of these ?

:shake:

chagrin
06-15-2006, 01:28 PM
I got them as well, it's scam mail and you need to email the company that you are receiving them and they will fix it for you.

BWillie
06-15-2006, 01:30 PM
I got them as well, it's scam mail and you need to email the company that you are receiving them and they will fix it for you.

I concurr. You have nothing to worry about, I got them about a year ago. Means nothing, just don't respond to them.

ct
06-15-2006, 01:31 PM
phishing, don't byte

pr_capone
06-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Good lord man... DO NOT COMPLETE THEIR FORMS.

They will simply trap your UN and PW and purchase things on your account. Also, they will have access to your credit card. Best thing to do is contact ebay directly.

Brock
06-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Fill out all information completely.

Fire Me Boy!
06-15-2006, 01:34 PM
According to eBay, PayPal, banks, etc. the EASIEST way to tell when it's phishing -- the REAL company e-mails will use your name, not your user ID. Just FYI.

That's not to say ALL e-mails that use your name are legit, but that's at lease somewhere to start.

FAX
06-15-2006, 01:39 PM
It's a scam, Mr. ROYC75. Definately.

Whatever you do, DO NOT OPEN THE EMAIL. This is critically important.

FAX

JBucc
06-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Email them back with a virus in the email. That would be funny.

HemiEd
06-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Fill out all information completely.

ROFL

Rain Man
06-15-2006, 02:18 PM
I'd like to help, but I don't have time. It seems that I just won the International European E-Mail Lottery, and I've only got 24 hours to send them my bank information or they'll select another winner.

SPchief
06-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Roy,

I can help you out. I work for eBay

Just pm me your credit card and SS numbers and I'll check this out for ya.

It may take me a few days though. If you don't hear from me then just assume everything is ok.

go bowe
06-15-2006, 03:05 PM
I got them as well, it's scam mail and you need to email the company that you are receiving them and they will fix it for you.i contacted ebay after receiving two of those emails and they told me to forward the phish email to them, not send it as an attachment...

you can get the email address for that off the ebay site i think...

RockChalk
06-15-2006, 03:24 PM
I'd give them the info the requested. I just recently took an offer of splitting $20 billion that some nice man in Ecuador got from his Uncle's friend. I think he owned some part of a rainforest that a large foreign bank wanted. Anyways, I'm still waiting on my cash, but it should be here any day now.

JBucc
06-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Roy,

I can help you out. I work for eBay

Just pm me your credit card and SS numbers and I'll check this out for ya.

It may take me a few days though. If you don't hear from me then just assume everything is ok.:LOL:

ROYC75
06-15-2006, 04:15 PM
LOL ....... Needless to say, I have given them nothing. Nothing I tell ya.

But FTR, The pluggers are try'n ..... sending 2 emails alike but from different return email addys.

4321 to them........

NJ Chief Fan
06-15-2006, 04:16 PM
yea i get a ship load of ebay junk mail all the time i dont even bother to read it, in fact i dont read any email i just delete everything

Chiefs Minor Satellite
06-15-2006, 04:35 PM
I've received those too.

I don't even have an ebay account.