PDA

View Full Version : CHIEFS NOTEBOOK 6/16/2006

DeepSouth
06-16-2006, 09:23 AM
CHIEFS NOTEBOOK
Rookie turns it up

First-round draft pick Tamba Hali continues to impress the coaching staff.

Hali was hampered last week with a sore knee, but coach Herm Edwards said the rookie has “turned it up” in practice. Hali, an All-America defensive end from Penn State, was running with the No. 1s again Thursday, and Edwards said he expects him to play a lot this fall.

Lawless

Another week of offseason workouts passed Thursday, and the Chiefs haven’t made a move on Ty Law. After practice, Edwards said there is no new news on the Pro Bowl cornerback.

“So no news is good news,” Edwards said. “That’s what my mom always tells me.”

Rest for Green

When Trent Green was forced to watch last summer with a sore shoulder, it drove the quarterback stir crazy.

Green has been resting his arm again, but he’s taking it much better this time.

“It’s easier to deal with now because I know I’m fine,” Green said. “Whereas last year there was a rehab process, going through that was driving me crazy because I was limited by physical things that were going on.” Green will turn 36 later this summer and was bothered last year by tendinitis, in part, because he was throwing too much.

It has given the coaching staff a chance to look at newcomers Brodie Croyle and Casey Printers, who have shown promise.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14829574.htm

SNR
06-16-2006, 09:25 AM
LOLOLOLOOL!11111 sign law now plz carl dammit :cuss: :banghead: :mad: :deevee: :clap: STFU :shake: :rolleyes: :banghead:

StcChief
06-16-2006, 09:26 AM
No comment about Welbourne or if they will look for another Vet O-Tackle

DeepSouth
06-16-2006, 09:29 AM
No comment about Welbourne or if they will look for another Vet O-Tackle
As long a Roaf is healthy I'm content. I think there are several potential condidates for the right tackle spot.

I really like what I'm hearing about Hali.

SLAG
06-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Svitek is going to start i can smell it now

DeepSouth
06-16-2006, 09:36 AM
Svitek is going to start i can smell it now
Heard he was running with the third team at left tackle. They had Turley running second team at Left tackle behind Black (Roaf wasn't at practice).

kc rush
06-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Hali - Sore knees, plays with the first team.

Siavii - Sore knees, plays with himself.

Hali > Siavii

Mr. Laz
06-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Heard he was running with the third team at left tackle. They had Turley running second team at Left tackle behind Black (Roaf wasn't at practice).

i just don't see the fascination with Black

maybe he works out ... but seems to me that he's feet aren't quick enough.

i don't know that a player can make up for slow feet at offensive tackle.

morphius
06-16-2006, 11:07 AM
i just don't see the fascination with Black

maybe he works out ... but seems to me that he's feet aren't quick enough.

i don't know that a player can make up for slow feet at offensive tackle.
It seems to me that in 2004 he was the best RT we had on the team, even if he only started the last 4 games. Moving him over to the left side has seemed to killed him though.