PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to start at right tackle?

el borracho
06-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Who do you want to start at right tackle?

J Diddy
06-16-2006, 12:57 PM
turley if he's healthy, otherwise sampson

Lzen
06-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Whoever plays best.

StcChief
06-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Whoever plays best.what he says....

I would like to see another Vet in the mix

go bowe
06-16-2006, 01:03 PM
sampson has promise, if he can just stay healthy...

J Diddy
06-16-2006, 01:04 PM
who frigging voted for black?

DaKCMan AP
06-16-2006, 01:08 PM
walter jones, orlando pace or jonathan ogden

;)

ct
06-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Turley, hoping he can put on some weight and keep the back problems under control. That's what I hope for at this point. Otherwise, we're lookin at:

~ Black, a little starting experience, but not nec. good exp.
~ Svitek, good showing in NFLE, but total unknown vs. the big boys.
~ Sampson, practically no experience, another unknown.
~ Parkay, Allen, Stallings, Bober - geez...

pr_capone
06-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Gaz?

DaFace
06-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Depends on how you define "want." I would love to see Svitek start just cuz I like the guy. However, I think Sampson will probably be the best guy for the job. (I voted Sampson.)

P.S. Post 500 for me. Only took almost a year. Yay.

ct
06-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Gaz?

I thought Gaz played on D? :shrug:

pr_capone
06-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I thought Gaz played on D? :shrug:

He goes both ways. :hump:

Adept Havelock
06-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Turley if healthy, otherwise Sampson.

Black only if he has vastly improved over last season.

Mr. Laz
06-16-2006, 04:28 PM
turley if he's healthy, otherwise sampson

pretty much

turley now ... keep developing sampson and svitek for the future

FAX
06-16-2006, 04:32 PM
I should know this, I know. But, I don't watch NFLE.

What position is Svitek playing? I thought it was LT.

FAX

Mr. Laz
06-16-2006, 04:36 PM
I should know this, I know. But, I don't watch NFLE.

What position is Svitek playing? I thought it was LT.

FAX
playing left tackle in NFLE ... but a good left tackle can usually play right tackle unless the team has a lopsided offense

hopefully svitek and sampson will both develop into fine OT's and we won't have to go looking.

Oline future-look
sampson
waters
wiegmann
Black
Svitek

FAX
06-16-2006, 04:42 PM
playing left tackle in NFLE ... but a good left tackle can usually play right tackle unless the team has a lopsided offense

hopefully svitek and sampson will both develop into fine OT's and we won't have to go looking.

Oline future-look
sampson
waters
wiegmann
Black
Svitek

Thanks, Mr. Laz. Appreciate it. I wonder if working at RT would hurt Svitek's technique at LT. Top flight LTs appear to be as rare as virgin midget strippers and I would hate to see his development falter.

If playing RT would not cause him any problems, I think I would like to see him get some NFL game experience at that position. Mainly, because I have no faith in Black after last year and no idea whatsoever about Sampson's ability.

FAX

Mr. Laz
06-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks, Mr. Laz. Appreciate it. I wonder if working at RT would hurt Svitek's technique at LT. Top flight LTs appear to be as rare as virgin midget strippers and I would hate to see his development falter.

If playing RT would not cause him any problems, I think I would like to see him get some NFL game experience at that position. Mainly, because I have no faith in Black after last year and no idea whatsoever about Sampson's ability.

FAX
You're Welcome, Mr. Fax.

i'd like to see our backup tackles and backup QB's all get considerable work this TC/PS.

it's time to get serious about developing them.

FringeNC
06-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Depending on his contract demands, Welbourn, especially given Edwards' early Marv Levy-like aversion to throwing the football. Welbourn was a very good run-blocker.

Otherwise, who the hell knows at this point.

noa
06-16-2006, 05:56 PM

FAX

We definitely shouldn't mess with Svitek's development. Also, since we're breeding him to be our LT of the future, it would be nice to develop someone different at RT, and I would go with Sampson for that.
Having said that, if Turley can stay healthy, I think we should just put our best offensive line out there this year for our final hurrah with this incredible line. Next year, when Roaf and Shields retire, it might not be a bad idea to go with a developmental line Svitek (LT), Waters, Wiegmann, Black (RG), and Sampson (RT).

DaFace
06-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Depending on his contract demands, Welbourn

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142344

NJ Chief Fan
06-16-2006, 06:13 PM
whenever i played madden i use to place shields at rt and welbourn at rg, because shields had a better rating...not saying we should do this, i agree with what someone mentioned prior, that we should try svitek at the rt position, just to get him some playing time before becoming the ltotf

listopencil
06-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Other: Lenny Walls.

NJ Chief Fan
06-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Other: Lenny Walls.
what bout the next barry sanders ROFL

FringeNC
06-16-2006, 06:30 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142344

Why do you think he is "retiring"?

listopencil
06-16-2006, 06:32 PM
what bout the next barry sanders ROFL

He can't block for shit.

NJ Chief Fan
06-16-2006, 06:34 PM
He can't block for shit.
i want aware that walls learned to chop block with his stint with your donkeys

Count Zarth
06-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Turley would be great if he is up to the challenge. I have my doubts.

I think Sampson is the odds-on favorite. Svitek has ZERO experience playing tackle in the NFL.

listopencil
06-16-2006, 06:38 PM
i want aware that walls learned to chop block with his stint with your donkeys

Everybody on our team learns to cut block. Even the water boy. Is chop blocking what they learn in KC or something?

NJ Chief Fan
06-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Is chop blocking what they learn in KC or something?
ROFL ROFL i wasnt thinking just typing

sedated
06-16-2006, 07:12 PM
I would say Sampson. The only reason he wasn't the starter last season was because his "problem" caused him to fall behind.

Turley might be too small, he is still only a project at this point.

If Black is the starter, the season is in jeopardy.

Svitek still has a ways to go.

Cochise
06-16-2006, 07:14 PM
I hope Turley is the starter opening day, because that will (hopefully) mean he is far enough along to be ready to play tackle again.

Bob Dole
06-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Bob Dole isn't too worried about Turley's weight. Unless we're going to make major changes in the blocking schemes, it's more about technique and speed than bulk.

DaFace
06-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Why do you think he is "retiring"?

If you're arguing that his retirement is just a ruse, then I guess I can give you that. However, in the article it's the Chiefs that have chosen to keep him on the roster, while Welbourne himself doesn't even hint that he might be back. So whateva. I don't expect him back.

jspchief
06-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Turley lost all that weight because his doctors told him his frame couldn't handle it anymore. Then he tries out as a TE, and miraculously a few weeks later he's capable of carrying the extra weight to play tackle again? I don't buy it. If Turley gets to 280+, my bet is that he'll break down again.

To answer the poll question, I want Turley in there. But I think it will only be for a short time.