PDA

View Full Version : Frankie Update

memyselfI
06-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi All,

I'm posting this update on a new thread incase you are not checking the 'good thoughts' thread.

I spoke with Frankie alittle bit ago. He is feeling better. Actually today has been his best day all week. He's had up and down days, yesterday was a down day, thus he's hoping he can continue on a string of good days.

He said his doctors have given him better news than they previously had and if all goes well he might even be able to leave the hospital some time this weekend. He said his fiancee has been an 'angel' and that he's turned her into a Chiefs fan. :D

He wanted me to thank all of you, 'friend and foe', for your prayers and wishes and that he greatly appreciates your concern. He said intends to be back in football shape by training camp. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Please keep those good thoughts going his way...

ct
06-16-2006, 02:05 PM
good news, thanks! get well Frankie!!

vailpass
06-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Good on ya' Frankie; give 'em hell.

FAX
06-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Awesome news. Thanks for posting this, Ms. memyselfI.

FAX

Fish
06-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks.... been wondering......

Inspector
06-16-2006, 02:14 PM
He said intends to be back in football shape by training camp.

Good. Tell him to wear a helmet next time.

Oh wait...that was someone else.

Good to hear things are getting better. :thumb:

MOhillbilly
06-16-2006, 02:24 PM
if kc wins and or loses a SB this year.

Frankie is a goner.

memyselfI
06-16-2006, 02:26 PM
if kc wins and or loses a SB this year.

Frankie is a goner.

LOL, that reminds me of something he said. Something to the effect of his first thought wasn't about dying but how would his heart be if he lived. ROFL

I suspect he meant something similiar to what you just said. :hmmm:

RedNFeisty
06-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Thank you for the info and tell him he is in our prayers.

Mr. Laz
06-16-2006, 02:49 PM
:clap:

Lzen
06-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Good to hear. BTW, do you know how old is Frankie? Just curious.

Braincase
06-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Can we do a one-for-one trade and keep the fiance? And do we have any pics of her?

:p
Get well, soon Frankie, or else Denise will be forced to fill the void!

memyselfI
06-16-2006, 03:35 PM
I'll let Frankie tell you his exact age. I'll say he's much younger than the average age for a first heart attack in men which is 66.

Calcountry
06-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Get well Frankie.

htismaqe
06-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Good news. Come back soon, Frankie.

Hydrae
06-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the update DEnise, much appreciated!

memyselfI
06-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Good news. Come back soon, Frankie.

H, could I request a sticky for the next few days so folks who were wondering about him might see the thread? I was told that he would let me know when he's been released and I'll post that information when I hear it.

MOhillbilly
06-16-2006, 03:49 PM
i think he eluded once that he was in his 50s.

memyselfI
06-16-2006, 03:50 PM

Yes, I believe he has.

OldTownChief
06-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the update. Is this something that just came up suddenly or has Frankie had some health problems for awhile?

memyselfI
06-16-2006, 04:28 PM
I believe it was sudden because I do not recall him mentioning any health problems. But then again, he might have chosen not to.

chiefs4me
06-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Great News......thanks D for the update....

Logical
06-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Glad to hear the good news, keeep improving Frankie and welcome to our Chiefs family Fariba.

Rain Man
06-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Keep improving, Frankie, and let us know if the nurses give you a sponge bath.

Hydrae
06-16-2006, 06:06 PM

Please note, pics may be required! :)

memyselfI
06-16-2006, 06:11 PM

Are you trying to kill him??? :cuss: :banghead: :mad:

:p

milkman
06-16-2006, 06:27 PM

Are you saying that he bypassed his 50s?

Good to hear he's doing better.

This place would not be the same with out his dumbassery.

Monkeylook4food
06-16-2006, 07:34 PM
I recommend finding somebody else to do that addition Frankie. A man your age shouldn't be swinging a hammer.

go bowe
06-16-2006, 08:06 PM
I'll let Frankie tell you his exact age. I'll say he's much younger than the average age for a first heart attack in men which is 66.i think he's a little younger than me, and i'm 58...

go bowe
06-16-2006, 08:09 PM
duhneese, thanks for the update...

tell frankie he's got to get back soon, we miss him...

chiefs4me
06-16-2006, 08:44 PM

and HE did, promise me pictures..:D

Halfcan
06-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Tell him Best Wishes.

Simplex3
06-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Good to hear. I knew something wasn't right when I didn't get neg'd by him for like 3 days...

;)

greg63
06-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Great news and glad to hear it! Man; he goes through all that and still finds the time and desire to convert his girl to Chiefstianism. :D

KcMizzou
06-17-2006, 02:07 AM
I haven't been here often lately. Sorry to hear of Frankie's troubles. Best wishes to you man.

Coach
06-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Good news indeed. Get well soon Frankie.

KILLER_CLOWN
06-18-2006, 12:22 AM
Get well soon Frankie, if ya end up with a pacemaker i suggest not using cheap batteries in it! ;)

Rausch
06-18-2006, 01:35 AM
So what's the update?

I have the terrorist whore on iggy and he's not on my speed dial...

patteeu
06-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi All,

I'm posting this update on a new thread incase you are not checking the 'good thoughts' thread.

I spoke with Frankie alittle bit ago. He is feeling better. Actually today has been his best day all week. He's had up and down days, yesterday was a down day, thus he's hoping he can continue on a string of good days.

He said his doctors have given him better news than they previously had and if all goes well he might even be able to leave the hospital some time this weekend. He said his fiancee has been an 'angel' and that he's turned her into a Chiefs fan. :D

He wanted me to thank all of you, 'friend and foe', for your prayers and wishes and that he greatly appreciates your concern. He said intends to be back in football shape by training camp. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here you go.

Coach
06-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Get well soon Frankie, if ya end up with a pacemaker i suggest not using cheap batteries in it! ;)

Durcell batteries to the rescue!

big nasty kcnut
06-18-2006, 01:18 PM
great news frankie get better soon who going to chat with me on chiefs sunday.

OldTownChief
06-18-2006, 03:17 PM
So did Frankie get out this weekend? What say you Frankie?

Lurch
06-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi All,

I don't know if I'm considered friend or foe: but the thoughts keep heading Frankie's way. Get well soon, sir.

Mr. Kotter
06-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Give Frankie our best, Duhnise. We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

Lzen
06-19-2006, 07:21 AM
I'll let Frankie tell you his exact age. I'll say he's much younger than the average age for a first heart attack in men which is 66.

66 is the average age for a first heart attack in men? That sounds kinda high to me. You sure about that stat?

Lzen
06-19-2006, 07:27 AM

Why would you want pics of Frankie taking a sponge bath?

Duck Dog
06-19-2006, 02:44 PM
I've spoken to the White House and Bush/Cheney send their best. They're sorry for giving you a heart attack. Although Cheney did deny any involvement.

Mr. Kotter
06-19-2006, 03:04 PM
I've spoken to the White House and Bush/Cheney send their best. They're sorry for giving you a heart attack. Although Cheney did deny any involvement.

Karl Rove is still being questioned though. He is likely to be indicted within two weeks for his role in this.

Bob Dole
06-19-2006, 07:32 PM
So what's the update?

I have the terrorist whore on iggy and he's not on my speed dial...

The latest update is that there doesn't appear to be an update.

Bob Dole
06-19-2006, 07:37 PM
The latest update is that there doesn't appear to be an update.

So no sooner does Bob Dole post than Frankie appears.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3268542#post3268542

Logical
06-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Hi All,

Please keep those good thoughts going his way...Just for Rausch

chagrin
06-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Karl Rove is still being questioned though. He is likely to be indicted within two weeks for his role in this.

Don't worry though, Frankie can always sue him

RedNFeisty
06-21-2006, 03:10 PM
So no sooner does Bob Dole post than Frankie appears.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3268542#post3268542

Thanks for the link Mr. Bob Dole, I had not seen it yet!!

Speedy recovery to you Frankie!!

Rausch
06-22-2006, 01:24 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142292

chiefs4me
06-23-2006, 06:53 PM

ROFL...let's blame Carl instead...:D

thanks for the update, well wishes still headed your way Frankie...:thumb:

Herzig
06-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Thank you for letting all here know. I am deeply saddened to hear this news, but glad to hear he is doing better. I have been on vacation to Orange Beach for a week, so I've been kinda out of the loop. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Frankie did one of the kindest, most thoughtful deeds for my family last year. I posted a thread asking for prayers when my Grandmother suffered 2 strokes. He sent a card to my Grandmother in North Kansas City hospital wishing her well and telling her how much her Grandson cared about her. My entire family was in awe that an almost complete stranger would go out of their way to do such a thing. I think that says a lot about what kind of man Frankie happens to be. Please keep us updated about his condition and let him know that he will be in my prayers.

Loki
06-25-2006, 11:34 AM
wow...

glad to know you made it past the heart attack.
get well soon frankie.

Frankie
06-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi all,

I'm making tediously slow progress. But this thing has stolen a lot of my strength. I'm up to feeling like an 85 year old. Believe me that is progress. Can't type much. Just wanted to let y'all know I'm still kicking. Since the alternative was kicking the bucket, I remind myself not to get too depressed with the slowness of my improvement. Fariba is a Godsend.

I'll post again when I can type some without getting exhausted.

:toast: to all.

Frankie

Hydrae
06-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Keep hanging in there, Frankie. This craziness will still be here when you are up to it!

KcMizzou
06-29-2006, 02:44 AM
Keep on keepin' on, Frankie.

Get well.

FAX
06-29-2006, 07:31 AM
Glad to hear that you're feeling somewhat better, Mr. Frankie. What an experience.

It will take time, so go slow and easy. Remember, the calm tortoise beat the living crap out of the uppity a$$ bunny.

FAX

Herzig
06-29-2006, 08:04 AM
Hi all,

I'm making tediously slow progress. But this thing has stolen a lot of my strength. I'm up to feeling like an 85 year old. Believe me that is progress. Can't type much. Just wanted to let y'all know I'm still kicking. Since the alternative was kicking the bucket, I remind myself not to get too depressed with the slowness of my improvement. Fariba is a Godsend.

Frankie

Glad to hear you're doing better. Take it easy and go slow. My Mother had a heart attack at 47. She's the picture of health, not overweight, doesn't smoke, drink, etc. After her heart attack, they put a stent in her clogged heart artery. It's almost like it never happened. It took about a summer of taking things easy, but she seems fine. Both of her brothers had heart attacks at 50 in their sleep, both smokers, drank, both didn't make it. I miss both of them very much. Heart disease runs in my family, though obesity doesn't, we are genetically predisposed to heart attacks and strokes. It's why I'm on Lipitor at 35 as an agressive preventative measure.

memyselfI
06-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi all,

Frankie

Just two words for you, my dear friend...

CANCEL OUT!!!! :D

Hang in there. ;)

Phobia
07-02-2006, 03:34 AM
Hi all,

Frankie

I've frequently wished you would become exhausted from typing. I've certainly become exhausted reading....

But I'm happy to hear you're progressing. Get well soon. I hate beating up sickly elderly folks. I'd much rather you were healthy and elderly.

ROYC75
07-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Hi all,

Frankie

Hang in there man....... before long you will be wanting some nookie, err wait, you probally do now but haven't the strength to get it up or the endurance.

Ask yur doc for some help there too !

Get well soon........ :)

Rain Man
07-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Cool. Glad to hear you're doing better.

An interesting side story: when I went to my high school reunion a few years ago, I found out that one of my classmates had had a severe heart attack while in his early 30s. He was at the reunion and seemed fine, and I was chatting with his older sister, who was also attending for some unknown reason. She said that his eyes changed color with the heart attack. They were brown before and green after (or maybe the other way around). I thought that was kind of odd.

Otter
07-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Give 'em hell Frankie (heh, that's an old goomba name where I come from).

Glad to see your on the mend.

Rausch
07-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Cool. Glad to hear you're doing better.

An interesting side story: when I went to my high school reunion a few years ago, I found out that one of my classmates had had a severe heart attack while in his early 30s. He was at the reunion and seemed fine, and I was chatting with his older sister, who was also attending for some unknown reason. She said that his eyes changed color with the heart attack. They were brown before and green after (or maybe the other way around). I thought that was kind of odd.

My g/f swears my eyes change from hazel to green when I'm mad.

I don't know, I doubt my optic nerves contain a mood-ring agent, but it's chin-scratching enough to wonder about...

Rausch
07-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Give 'em hell Frankie (heh, that's an old goomba name where I come from).

Glad to see your on the mend.

He is.

He is on the mend...

Halfcan
07-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Best wishes!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-10-2006, 09:58 AM
My g/f swears my eyes change from hazel to green when I'm mad.

I don't know, I doubt my optic nerves contain a mood-ring agent, but it's chin-scratching enough to wonder about...

Eh, it's true. My eyes change from hazel to brown when I'm lying.

BostonChief
07-10-2006, 11:31 AM
I haven't met you, Frankie, but I hope for a speedy recover. Best Wishes.

Manila-Chief
07-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Eh, it's true. My eyes change from hazel to brown when I'm lying.

What color were they when you wrote this? Should we believe you or not?? Guess we will never know since The Planet does not have a video version???

Simply Red
07-11-2006, 07:16 PM
You'll be fine Frank. Just take it day by day.

:thumb:

Tactical Funky
07-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Keep up the progress, Frankie. :)

MOhillbilly
07-17-2006, 01:18 PM
is he dead yet?

chagrin
07-17-2006, 02:53 PM
is he dead yet?

ROFL

I've been contemplating this for days now, fearing the backlash

hypersensitiveZO6
07-18-2006, 09:37 AM
is he dead yet?

ROFL I can't help but laugh at your comment.

I certainly hope he's not dead. He's a quality Chiefsplaneteer.

MOhillbilly
07-20-2006, 11:33 AM
still not dead?

hypersensitiveZO6
07-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Frankie update: (for MOhillbilly)

Frankie is fully alive and recovering. He's fine. :thumb:

Phobia
07-20-2006, 02:45 PM
How long is this one going to be stuck? There's been no Frankie update for a month.

Logical
07-20-2006, 05:13 PM
How long is this one going to be stuck? There's been no Frankie update for a month.I have been resisting asking the same thing, I am a whiner you know.:p

Phobia
07-20-2006, 05:19 PM
This place has gone to crap since Phobia left.

morphius
07-20-2006, 05:43 PM
I have been wondering the same, and I'm one of the Admin's.

morphius
no wonder this place sucks.

Frankie
07-20-2006, 10:32 PM
I have been resisting asking the same thing, I am a whiner you know.:p
Me too. ;)

Phobia
07-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Welcome back, Frankie.

Frankie
07-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Welcome back, Frankie.

Thanks Phob. I've been lurking some. But too tired to post much.

ct
07-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Welcome back Frankie!!

Frankie
07-25-2006, 08:01 AM
Welcome back Frankie!!
Thanks pal. I'll try to do some more posting. In small doses though.

Rain Man
07-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Just to be safe, no one should sneak up behind Frankie and post real loud for a while.

LIKE THIS

Frankie
07-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Just to be safe, no one should sneak up behind Frankie and post real loud for a while.

LIKE THIS
ROFL ROFL
Made me jump.