PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson pulls groin during practice

KingPriest2
06-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Chad Johnson pulls groin during practice
Associated Press
CINCINNATI - Bengals receiver Chad Johnson pulled groin muscles during minicamp Friday and was taken off the field on a cart.

Johnson was battling safety Kevin Kaesviharn for a pass when he got hurt. Coach Marvin Lewis didn't think the injury was severe.

"I think he would have loved to have finished practice, but they just took him in and iced him down," Lewis said. "We'll see how sore he is tomorrow."

The Bengals finish minicamp Saturday. They open training camp in Georgetown, Ky., on July 29.

Hopefully it lingers

JimNasium
06-16-2006, 06:52 PM
What a coincidence, I was pulling my groin just seconds ago.

Hydrae
06-16-2006, 06:52 PM
What a coincidence, I was pulling my groin just seconds ago.

TMI

Rain Man
06-16-2006, 07:00 PM
I hope that safety did an elaborate celebration afterwards.

Sam Hall
06-16-2006, 08:59 PM
With Palmer probably out for a month, it might be interesting to see where Johnson gets drafted in fantasy football. I wouldn't expect him to drop very far if at all. But we saw how bad Jon Kitna is.

milkman
06-16-2006, 09:12 PM
With Palmer probably out for a month, it might be interesting to see where Johnson gets drafted in fantasy football. I wouldn't expect him to drop very far if at all. But we saw how bad Jon Kitna is.

Kitna is a Lion now, so he won't be backing up Palmer.

Palmer is supposed to be ready to go for the start of the season, according to the last reports I read.

jspchief
06-16-2006, 09:17 PM
With Palmer probably out for a month, it might be interesting to see where Johnson gets drafted in fantasy football. I wouldn't expect him to drop very far if at all. But we saw how bad Jon Kitna is.Yea, because Johnson only put up 1300 yards and 10 touchdowns when Kitna was the starting QB at Cincy. :rolleyes:

It won't matter if they have a trunk-monkey at QB, Chad Johnson is going to get his.

TRR
06-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Hopefully the Palmer situation plays out a lot like the Pennington situation from a year ago. Pennington wasn't ready to play...but the Jets huried him along. It's almost identical to what the Bungles are doing with Palmer. We shall see...