PDA

View Full Version : In case you didnt know Kyle Turley...

C-Mac
06-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Dont remember seeing this, sorry if its a repost.

http://www.nfl.com/video/33

Here's a link to a video of Turley and click the link titled "'Moments of Insanity' with lineman Kyle Turley".

Didnt really know the player. The guy is intense and loyal, he defends his teammates to the extreme perhaps, but appears as a leader.

Enjoy...

rad
06-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Hope he can recapture that intensity.

Halfcan
06-17-2006, 07:23 PM
My only concerns are his past injuries and being out of the NFL and making a comeback. I like that he hungry for a championship.

We could have a very NASTY running game this year. Running wins titles!!

C-Mac
06-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Hope he can recapture that intensity.

Just recapturing part of it would still be plenty.....

J Diddy
06-17-2006, 07:47 PM
My only concerns are his past injuries and being out of the NFL and making a comeback. I like that he hungry for a championship.

We could have a very NASTY running game this year. Running wins titles!!

Yep go ask Marty about all of his superbowl titles he's won.

Just don't ask Vermeil about his, he'd probably be bitter.

milkman
06-17-2006, 07:52 PM

And Bill Belichick about his, with the great Antwoin(?) Smith as his featured back.

Halfcan
06-17-2006, 07:55 PM

I was thinking more like

Riggen's and the Skins
Emmitt and the Cowgirls
T Davis and the cheatin Donks

or last years Steelers.

Oh and visions of a snow covered field at Terrorhead in the Playoffs and LJ.

Halfcan
06-17-2006, 07:57 PM
And Bill Belichick about his, with the great Antwoin(?) Smith as his featured back.

Good point-that is the other half-Defense.

Which is what we have lacked-but a good running game and better clock management (Ball Control) can only help.

rad
06-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Good point-that is the other half-Defense.

... and better clock management (Ball Control) can only help.

Good luck with that.

dtebbe
06-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Was Turley playing for the Rams when Rodney Harrison gave Trent the cheap shot (blew up his knee crawling at his ankes) in pre-season? If so I'm surprised Harrison is still alive.

DT

Halfcan
06-17-2006, 08:01 PM
I want to see us run like we did against the Falcons-8TD's an NFL Record.

Hell we have the best blocking QB in the league-lol

Ari Chi3fs
06-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Man that video is great... really shows his intensity. ****ing A!

Logical
06-17-2006, 08:23 PM

We could have a very NASTY running game this year. Running wins titles!!God knows all those 49er teams were the dominate running teams of their Championship years oh and what about those Rams.

morphius
06-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Was Turley playing for the Rams when Rodney Harrison gave Trent the cheap shot (blew up his knee crawling at his ankes) in pre-season? If so I'm surprised Harrison is still alive.

DT
Obviously not, since he talked about going in and whipping the crap out of the StL Rams with Faulk and Warner.

FringeNC
06-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Whoever it is at right tackle, let's hope they are not too much of a fall-off from Tait/Welbourn. RT hasn't been a problem for this team.

Defensive coordinator has been.

rad
06-17-2006, 08:35 PM

DT
That was in '99

Turley played for the Rams from '03-'05.

Hydrae
06-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Cool video, thanks for the link!

Even at the time that the whole helmet throwing thing happened, I agreed with his actions. I am surprised Brooks walked away from that with the way his head got yanked around. I look forward to that intensity on this team, we seem to lack emotion at times. He brings it in spades!

icepick64
06-17-2006, 09:59 PM
I just became a huge kyle turley. Thanks for the video

Bwana
06-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Nice!

morphius
06-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Still can't see an issue with the helmet toss. I think maybe it is something I have brought in with watching Hockey, but someone tries to take off your QB's helmet while still attached... Rip his head off.

Part of the reason the whole incident with DT and Sharpe didn't bother me the way it bothered others. The play before it started, Shannon dove directly into the back of one of the Chiefs LB's knees trying to injure him, as neither was in the play anymore.

You just can't let people pull that crap.

Halfcan
06-17-2006, 10:12 PM
I just became a huge kyle turley. Thanks for the video

Seems to be a pattern-getting high energy guys that really really really like to knock the shit out of the other team.

Can Kyle play Defense-say DT???

Halfcan
06-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Still can't see an issue with the helmet toss. I think maybe it is something I have brought in with watching Hockey, but someone tries to take off your QB's helmet while still attached... Rip his head off.

Part of the reason the whole incident with DT and Sharpe didn't bother me the way it bothered others. The play before it started, Shannon dove directly into the back of one of the Chiefs LB's knees trying to injure him, as neither was in the play anymore.

You just can't let people pull that crap.

I agree-and that that cheatin puzzy Sharpe made out like the perfect little Elgay azzkisser he was in the media. DT gets kept out of the Hall of Shame.

morphius
06-17-2006, 10:18 PM
I agree-and that that cheatin puzzy Sharpe made out like the perfect little Elgay azzkisser he was in the media. DT gets kept out of the Hall of Shame.
I don't mind a crushing legal hit that injures someone, but trying to hurt someone an illegal manor is just asking for some old school retribution. Of course DT should have just returned the favor and tried to ruin Shannon's knee.

rad
06-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Seems to be a pattern-getting high energy guys that really really really like to knock the shit out of the other team.

Can Kyle play Defense-say DT???

Not at 275 (KCChiefs.com has him listed at 300 :BS: )

Maybe he should start hangin' out with Simms...

Sure-Oz
06-17-2006, 10:39 PM
that was sweet i hope he can come back and be a solid player!

Halfcan
06-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Not at 275 (KCChiefs.com has him listed at 300 :BS: )

Yeah they also have Dante at 6'1

SNR
06-17-2006, 10:48 PM

Can Kyle play Defense-say DT???The Vikings already tried that experiment with Brock Lesnar.

It didn't work.

milkman
06-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah they also have Dante at 6'1

Not even on stilts.

Tribal Warfare
06-17-2006, 10:57 PM
I always liked Turley, and thought he was a badass . If I remember correctly in college he was a top ranked wrestler too

chiefs4me
06-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Nice!

uh huh..

Spicy McHaggis
06-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Wow, I hadn't seen the first part in a while. That Jets player was practically killing Brooks. I don't blame Turley at all for reacting like that in the heat of the game. If he can get his legs back he might be a heck of a RT and a bargain for us.

Ironically wasn't the Jet player that did that the same that was hurt in the motorcycle crash?

Rukdafaidas
06-18-2006, 05:42 AM
Whoever it is at right tackle, let's hope they are not too much of a fall-off from Tait/Welbourn. RT hasn't been a problem for this team.

Defensive coordinator has been.
RT has been a problem since Tait. I wish I could find a stat for yards per rush to the left, middle and right. It's a huge difference.
I love Turley's intensity, but I didn't like the segment on all of his cut blocks. Looks like he would have been the perfect addition to Denver's OL.

Sure-Oz
06-18-2006, 10:12 AM
I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion when he chucked the helmet if anything, i would want my lineman doing the exact same thing, that player was tryin to rip brooks head off.

Chan93lx50
06-18-2006, 10:17 AM
About time we get a player that everyone loves to hate, but would love to have on their team.

I welcome Turley as a Chief

ChiefsCountry
06-18-2006, 10:22 AM
I forgot that he played with Roaf before.

craneref
06-18-2006, 10:29 AM
I like the fact on the clip he wants to be in the game "I am not making any money sitting on the bench!! " That is what I am talking about, and when he said that if a guy is making $5 mil a year he better be motivated! We need some kick ass attitude on the offense, LJ brought a whole bunch last year, now hopfully KT can start and bring some more. GO CHIEFS.

Hydrae
06-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Wow, I hadn't seen the first part in a while. That Jets player was practically killing Brooks. I don't blame Turley at all for reacting like that in the heat of the game. If he can get his legs back he might be a heck of a RT and a bargain for us.

Ironically wasn't the Jet player that did that the same that was hurt in the motorcycle crash?

No, the video mentioned Damien Robinson which I didn't remember who was involved on the Jets side. Robinson is the idiot who got arrested on the way in to the stadium on game day with a rifle in his trunk.

Valiant
06-18-2006, 01:38 PM
I was thinking more like

Riggen's and the Skins
Emmitt and the Cowgirls
T Davis and the cheatin Donks

or last years Steelers.

Oh and visions of a snow covered field at Terrorhead in the Playoffs and LJ.

All those teams had good defenses too... Dammit us...

Ari Chi3fs
06-18-2006, 01:42 PM
why do you have to kill threads all the time Valiant?

Nightwish
06-18-2006, 02:12 PM
If he can stay healthy, he'll be a big boost, I think. But that's the question. Back injuries are scary, and no matter how long he's had to rehabilitate, there's always gonna be that question of whether he'll ever be 100% again.

R&GHomer
06-18-2006, 02:15 PM
I have 0 problem with what he did. Hell, he should have picked him up and body slammed the punk.

This may have been posted before. But, how did he injure his back? What was it, did he have surgery? Thanks

Rain Man
06-18-2006, 02:31 PM
I don't know why, but the Saints always seem to give us their best guys. I was a huge fan of Willie Roaf, and they gave him to us. Same with Morten Andersen. Same with Kyle Turley.

The only problem with the helmet throw was the fact that the Jets DB's head wasn't still in it when he threw it. If he did that as a Chief to protect Trent Green, I'd have no problem with it.

KcMizzou
06-18-2006, 02:42 PM
I don't know why, but the Saints always seem to give us their best guys. Maybe they feel guilty about Joe Horn.

NJ Chief Fan
06-18-2006, 03:24 PM

bad idea we dont need him to become lazy

rad
06-18-2006, 04:35 PM
bad idea we dont need him to become lazy

Just to regain some weight anyway...