PDA

View Full Version : Coming to Arrowhead - looking for hotel recommendations

TinyEvel
06-18-2006, 01:10 PM
So, I'm stoked to be making my first trip to KC to see the home opener.

But I'm going friggin' dizzy trying to find a decent hotel on-line. Trouble figuring out where they are, and most have user reviews that make me want to take a shower just reading the review.
:banghead:

I figure I'll spend up to a hundred bucks or so. Anything good near the stadium? Or should I stay by the airport?

I'm coming in Sturday evening, leaving 8 pm after the game.

I'm basically looking for someplace clean, relatively quiet and safe to stay the night before the game.
Any quick suggestions?

Gonzo
06-18-2006, 01:14 PM
I stayed at the Hampton inn downtown last month. It was a great hotel, $95.00 per night.

The Bad Guy
06-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Go on Hotwire.com and find a hotel. I stayed in the Radisson downtown for 32 dollars a night last year.

Bwana
06-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Stay away from the Arrowhead area for your hotel needs or you will get boned. The Adams Mark is a dive and the Holliday isn't much better. Both will charge you WAY to much for your stay because of location as well. There are a lot of decent deals within 10 miles of Arrowhead that you should enjoy.

Count Alex's Losses
06-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Go on Hotwire.com and find a hotel. I stayed in the Radisson downtown for 32 dollars a night last year.

pwnage

RedandGold
06-18-2006, 03:18 PM
I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Independence, and it's a nice, clean place that's fairly close to the stadium. It'll run you $84 for a king room if you book it online.

BigVE
06-18-2006, 03:37 PM
I recently stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn in KC Ks. in the downtown area of KC (somewhat) I think it was like 5th and MInnesota St. It was nice, clean and less than 80bucks...It was easy to get around town to and from the Hotel but I would recommend you do any incidental shopping somewhere AWAY from the Hotel area. The immediate area isnt bad at all but you get into a fairly rough area of town as you head west of the hotel on State st.