PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Philly?

JimNasium
06-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm headed there later this week and will be staying downtown pretty close to the Benjamin Franklin bridge. I've never been and will have the evenings free.

StcChief
06-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Go the Chiefs tavern/bar..Charlies ? Not sure of address
somebody here will know.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Throw some batteries at the dumbass Iggles fans. Pay your respects to Rocky Balboa. Eat a Philly Steak and Cheese sandwich.

alpha_omega
06-19-2006, 09:32 AM
All kinds of stuff to do in SouthStreet...

http://www.southstreet.com/

Nzoner
06-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Go the Chiefs tavern/bar..Charlies ? Not sure of address
somebody here will know.

I remember seeing the NFL Films segment on it and this past thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=121287&highlight=charlies+saloon)

Bootlegged
06-19-2006, 09:36 AM
There is a cool Dave & Buster's right there - Andy Reid does his tv show from there. If nothing else, you can drink and look at young waitresses.

KC Dan
06-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Go to Geno's and order a cheese steak in Spanish. They like that I hear.

58-4ever
06-19-2006, 09:37 AM
There is a cool Dave & Buster's right there - Andy Reid does his tv show from there. If nothing else, you can drink and look at young waitresses.

mmmm waitresses.

Monkeylook4food
06-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Drink tons of Black & Tan.

DJay23
06-19-2006, 09:40 AM
I've hung out in Philly many times. Go to South Street, but do that during the day, night it's a little iffy. In the evening go downtown or stay aroudn the historic district. Lot's of nice little taverns there.

The Ben Franklin bridge is on the far eastern end of town. You'll want to take a cab to downtown.

There's a place called Delila's there, I think it's over on the west side of town near the Skuylkill. It's basically a titty bar that serves steaks and stuff.

There's a great bar called Finegan's Wake if you want to see some live music. Not sure where that is, I was drunk when I went there by taxi with friends. Lots of great restaurants downtown too.

That Chiefs bar I believe is on the south side, like way down by the sports stadiums. I think.

DJay23
06-19-2006, 09:42 AM
I forgot to mention, the subway there is a great option. It's 2 bucks and not too crowded. I've even taken it from downtown to Citizen's Bank Park and it wasn't too crowded before or after the game. At least nothing like the NYC subways.

DJay23
06-19-2006, 09:48 AM
More is coming back as I sit and think. The Independence Brewpub is excellent. It's right next to Reading Terminal Market, which is also fun. They are both right next to the Convention center which is a few blocks east of the courthouse.

The best restaurant I ate at there was an Irish restaurant called Fado that was AWESOME!

There's also a sportsbar downtown, right next to the Hard Rock. It's called Champs I believe. Do not eat there. Friend of mine got food poisoning there and the place didn't seem to clean.

|Zach|
06-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Have fun!

JimNasium
06-19-2006, 09:53 AM
I forgot to mention, the subway there is a great option. It's 2 bucks and not too crowded. I've even taken it from downtown to Citizen's Bank Park and it wasn't too crowded before or after the game. At least nothing like the NYC subways.
It looks like I can take the train and then the subway to within a 1/4 of a mile from my hotel.

Bwana
06-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Keep going the extra 200 miles, call Roethlisberger and see if he is game for a motorcycle ride.

sedated
06-19-2006, 09:54 AM
boo santa clause

Bootlegged
06-19-2006, 10:10 AM
It looks like I can take the train and then the subway to within a 1/4 of a mile from my hotel.

hotel = train station

JimNasium
06-19-2006, 10:11 AM
hotel = train station
But I would have to pack my own cardboard box.

Bootlegged
06-19-2006, 10:13 AM
But I would have to pack my own cardboard box.

Watch out for the turndown service

chefsos
06-19-2006, 10:31 AM
More is coming back as I sit and think. The Independence Brewpub is excellent. It's right next to Reading Terminal Market, which is also fun. They are both right next to the Convention center which is a few blocks east of the courthouse.

The best restaurant I ate at there was an Irish restaurant called Fado that was AWESOME!

There's also a sportsbar downtown, right next to the Hard Rock. It's called Champs I believe. Do not eat there. Friend of mine got food poisoning there and the place didn't seem to clean.
Well, hell, you and me and some of us here in the east ought to arrange a Springfield style get-together for Nasium and then... Wait. Oh, shit. Sorry, I gotta cancel. nm.

el borracho
06-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Be sure to eat at a restaurant called "Tequilas" (15th and Locust, I believe)
Have a drink or two at "Cheers to You" (on South Street)
Get yourself a hot pretzel right out of the oven (after midnight, in South Philly... ask around)

And most importantly... try not to get your ass kicked. Keep in mind, most people in Philly hate you.

BIG_DADDY
06-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Put up pictures of TO everywhere.

DJay23
06-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Be sure to eat at a restaurant called "Tequilas" (15th and Locust, I believe)
Have a drink or two at "Cheers to You" (on South Street)
Get yourself a hot pretzel right out of the oven (after midnight, in South Philly... ask around)

And most importantly... try not to get your ass kicked. Keep in mind, most people in Philly hate you.
They may hate you, but I've never run into ANYONE in Philadelphia who was rude or less than helpful.

Saulbadguy
06-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Pat's.

penguinz
06-19-2006, 11:24 AM
hookers

Bob Dole
06-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Look for an excuse to leave as quickly as possible?

Kerberos
06-19-2006, 11:29 AM
I've hung out in Philly many times. Go to South Street, but do that during the day, night it's a little iffy. In the evening go downtown or stay aroudn the historic district. Lot's of nice little taverns there.

The Ben Franklin bridge is on the far eastern end of town. You'll want to take a cab to downtown.

There's a place called Delila's there, I think it's over on the west side of town near the Skuylkill. It's basically a titty bar that serves steaks and stuff.

There's a great bar called Finegan's Wake if you want to see some live music. Not sure where that is, I was drunk when I went there by taxi with friends. Lots of great restaurants downtown too.

That Chiefs bar I believe is on the south side, like way down by the sports stadiums. I think.

Nothing like Steak and Tits! :thumb:

:D

StcChief
06-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Seems like there is a Sam Adams brewery in Philly.. If your into beer.

el borracho
06-19-2006, 11:37 AM
They may hate you, but I've never run into ANYONE in Philadelphia who was rude or less than helpful.
You can't be serious. Philly is the rudest, most racist, most hateful place I have ever been on this earth. I have been all across the US, travelled and lived outside the US and never been to a place like Philly. Do/ did you ever live there or have you only visited? I can tell you I lived there for a year and I would never go back to the Philly I lived in.

Fish
06-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Remember everyone talks just like that Hardee's philly burger commercial..... so do that while you're there..... they like that.....

DJay23
06-19-2006, 12:48 PM
You can't be serious. Philly is the rudest, most racist, most hateful place I have ever been on this earth. I have been all across the US, travelled and lived outside the US and never been to a place like Philly. Do/ did you ever live there or have you only visited? I can tell you I lived there for a year and I would never go back to the Philly I lived in.
Never lived there, although the city I live in sees a lot of people from Philly move here (for drug rehab).

I don't doubt what you say, but as a visitor, i have never felt unwelcome or uncomfortable there.

stumppy
06-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Bring me back a CheeseSteak with mushrooms. Uh......make it two.:thumb:

BIG_DADDY
06-19-2006, 01:41 PM

Not to mention they will run over your ass while you're trying to walk across the street. It's like a sport there.

Calcountry
06-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Go to Geno's and order a cheese steak in Spanish. They like that I hear.This IS America after all. ROFL

FAX
06-19-2006, 03:29 PM
When in Philly, one must do the Philly Dance, Mr. JimNasium. It's like a ho down, except you use an actual ho.

Take your partner by the hair
Swing her into your best chair.
Drag your partner to the street.
Stomp her gut with both your feet.

If she's breathing don't be dull
Bust a cap into her skull.
Now, kick your partner in the a$$.
Then go to church and catch a mass.

Tell the p'lice that you were stoned
And your trial will be postponed.
Then while you are out on bail
Go find a brand new piece of tail.