PDA

View Full Version : Early Basketball Top 25

Sam Hall
06-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Thought this was interesting since KU is ranked this high. UT fell significantly, which was no surprise. I think I hear buzz for a KU/UNC matchup in the Final Four :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2491073&lpos=spotlightlid=tab4pos1

penguinz
06-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Pre-season polls are gay.

pr_capone
06-19-2006, 04:21 PM
KU first has to worry about making it past the first round before we can start the Final Four talk.

Simplex3
06-19-2006, 04:23 PM
It wouldn't be too suprising to look up and see KSU in the Sweet 16.

HemiEd
06-19-2006, 04:23 PM
21. Wichita State (26-9)
Well, unless you were asleep for the month of March, you know Wichita State made it to the Sweet 16. Paul Miller, the big man in the middle and Missouri Valley Conference player of the year, was the only senior from that squad.
The backcourt of Sean Ogirri and P.J. Cousinard and the shooting of forward Kyle Wilson will make this squad tough to defend from 15-feet out.
The Shockers know all about winning at an elite level now. Nothing should faze this squad. Coach Mark Turgeon got out of the Oklahoma and Arizona State searches to stay with WSU. The commitment is in place at every level for this program to remain a Top 25 destination.

pr_capone
06-19-2006, 04:26 PM
21. Wichita State (26-9)
Well, unless you were asleep for the month of March, you know Wichita State made it to the Sweet 16. Paul Miller, the big man in the middle and Missouri Valley Conference player of the year, was the only senior from that squad.
The backcourt of Sean Ogirri and P.J. Cousinard and the shooting of forward Kyle Wilson will make this squad tough to defend from 15-feet out.
The Shockers know all about winning at an elite level now. Nothing should faze this squad. Coach Mark Turgeon got out of the Oklahoma and Arizona State searches to stay with WSU. The commitment is in place at every level for this program to remain a Top 25 destination.

Nice catch there... I didnt even bother to click on the 11-25 option.

WSU must be buzzing... even if it is just a pre-season poll. :D

sedated
06-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Rock Chalk.

Self just needs to coach, now. *shudder*

I'm surprised to see Texas A&M that high

HemiEd
06-19-2006, 04:32 PM

I am waiting to hear who they give the last scholarship to, have not heard much. They signed that assistant, Spinelli I think, from Nebraska. Imagine that, a guy going from a Major to a little Mid-Major. :p

Reerun_KC
06-19-2006, 04:35 PM
KU and Final Four? Such talk, Not like were putting KU in the same class as Mizzou or KSU. KU cant compare.

Cochise
06-19-2006, 04:38 PM
"The first round loss will movitate the team and push them harder."

Sincerely,
Last year.

pr_capone
06-19-2006, 04:52 PM
I am waiting to hear who they give the last scholarship to, have not heard much. They signed that assistant, Spinelli I think, from Nebraska. Imagine that, a guy going from a Major to a little Mid-Major. :p

I know... I couldnt believe it when I saw that we had signed him on as an assistant.

I'm looking forward to knowing who they give their scholarship to as well. Been checking with the goshockers.com bout once a week or so but nothing.

DJay23
06-19-2006, 04:55 PM
looks about right to me.

DJay23
06-19-2006, 04:58 PM
KU first has to worry about making it past the first round before we can start the Final Four talk.
I wanted to simply post, "you're an idiot." and while I still think your post is about as unoriginal and retarded as they come, I believe that anything less than a final 4 berth is failure. So in a way you are right. It's been 3 seasons since we've been there, about time to get back!

pr_capone
06-19-2006, 05:06 PM
I wanted to simply post, "you're an idiot." and while I still think your post is about as unoriginal and retarded as they come, I believe that anything less than a final 4 berth is failure. So in a way you are right. It's been 3 seasons since we've been there, about time to get back!

Your post makes little sence. First you call me an idiot... then you agree with me. LOL

Look man.... I like KU basketball and all but you must agree that they have severely underachieved in the past few years. So my statement "KU first has to worry about making it past the first round before we can start the Final Four talk.", though un-original as it may be, is the simple truth.

There is nothing in the world as a rabid fan. :D

I would almost go as far as to guess that you believe Scanlon is God's gift to football simply because he wears the arrowhead on his helmet.

Either way... I'm looking forward to this comming College BB season. I hope WSU wasnt a one year wonder kind of thing.

CHENZ A!
06-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Arizona should be real tough, now that they're getting some frontcourt help.

penguinz
06-19-2006, 05:11 PM
I wanted to simply post, "you're an idiot." and while I still think your post is about as unoriginal and retarded as they come, I believe that anything less than a final 4 berth is failure. So in a way you are right. It's been 3 seasons since we've been there, about time to get back!If you want to look at it that way then in reality anything other than winning the championship is a failure.

DJay23
06-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Your post makes little sence. First you call me an idiot... then you agree with me. LOL

Look man.... I like KU basketball and all but you must agree that they have severely underachieved in the past few years. So my statement "KU first has to worry about making it past the first round before we can start the Final Four talk.", though un-original as it may be, is the simple truth.

I would almost go as far as to guess that you believe Scanlon is God's gift to football simply because he wears the arrowhead on his helmet.

Either way... I'm looking forward to this comming College BB season. I hope WSU wasnt a one year wonder kind of thing.
Ahh, but I didn't call you an idiot. I said I was going to!

I'm honestly not worried about first round losses. Those were past seasons. Each year's team is different, with a lot of the same players but more experience/different dynamics. The only connection from those teams to this is the head coach, and he took us to the Elite 8 in his first year. So what I'm trying to say is, all the haters can hate, but what happened last year, happened last year.

DJay23
06-19-2006, 05:25 PM
If you want to look at it that way then in reality anything other than winning the championship is a failure.
This is absolutely correct. However when you consider the exposure a trip to the Final 4 gives you to recruits, and the prestige that comes with it, I think making it that far is pretty good too.

DaKCMan AP
06-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Florida #1
KU #2

sounds good to me :thumb:

sedated
06-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Florida #1
KU #2

sounds good to me :thumb:

sounds even etter knowing that they play each other this year

Rudy lost the toss
06-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Even as an aggie fan I don't think the Aggies should be in the top 10. Atleast not until Joseph Jones can develop a 12-15 foot jump shot or one of their recruits steps up big time. But to even be considered a top 10 team is amazing considering they went 0-16 in conference a couple of years ago under Watkins. Billy G. is an amazing coach

SNR
06-19-2006, 08:16 PM
I watch exactly el zilcho college basketball games before March Madness, so this means nothing to me.

ChiefaRoo
06-19-2006, 09:41 PM

Hey as a WSU fan I'll take all the pub. the media wants to dole out although I'm not a big pre-season poll guy in any sport. Beats a kick in the nads though :)

SHOX!

CoMoChief
06-19-2006, 09:44 PM
It wouldn't be too suprising to look up and see KSU in the Sweet 16.

WRONG! Not this season but maybe next.

CoMoChief
06-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Kansas accomplished alot with a bunch of freshmen last season despite the first round loss to a good Bradley team, alot better than I predicted them to be at least. They will be better next season and should be a lock to win the Big12 (again) in both the season and the tourney.

Dartgod
06-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Thought this was interesting since KU should be great again this fall. Great again?

I'll admit KU has had some pretty decent teams the last couple of years, but until you can beat teams like Bucknell and Bradley, you might want to quit throwing around the "great team" tag. :rolleyes:

CoMoChief
06-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Great again?

I'll admit KU has had some pretty decent teams the last couple of years, but until you can beat teams like Bucknell and Bradley, you might want to quit throwing around the "great team" tag. :rolleyes:

They accomplished WAY more than what anyone expected them to in a "rebuilding" season. In many ways it didnt look like a rebuilding season at all winning both the conference title and the Big12 tourney.

sedated
06-19-2006, 10:02 PM
bucknell bradley :rolleyes:

so funny, even after 1,384,298 references

Dartgod
06-19-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm not trying to be funny, nor am I taking anything away from what they did accomplish. Just pointing out that the thread starter is going a bit overboard by saying that KU will be "great again".

I'm glad to know that it gets under your skin though. ;)

ChiefaRoo
06-19-2006, 10:23 PM
They accomplished WAY more than what anyone expected them to in a "rebuilding" season. In many ways it didnt look like a rebuilding season at all winning both the conference title and the Big12 tourney.

I thought KU was so good they re-loaded and never re-built? The truth is KU was a very talented, selfish, stupid, poorly coached, hotdog basketball team to begin the season (Arizona anyone?) and they only got marginally better as the year went on and never completely figured it out. When you consider that KU gets a large percentage of Mickey D's All-Americans, top coaching, funding and is a storied program It's a joke when you compare their season to say Bradley/Wichita State and other schools who did a heck of a lot more with the deck stacked against them in recruiting, scheduling and budgets. Using the "rebuilding season" comment is a poor excuse.

CoMoChief
06-19-2006, 11:36 PM
I thought KU was so good they re-loaded and never re-built? The truth is KU was a very talented, selfish, stupid, poorly coached, hotdog basketball team to begin the season (Arizona anyone?) and they only got marginally better as the year went on and never completely figured it out. When you consider that KU gets a large percentage of Mickey D's All-Americans, top coaching, funding and is a storied program It's a joke when you compare their season to say Bradley/Wichita State and other schools who did a heck of a lot more with the deck stacked against them in recruiting, scheduling and budgets. Using the "rebuilding season" comment is a poor excuse.

The quotations around the rebuilding comment was simply because after losing a SR class that included Miles Simien Langford and even Lee, everyone thought KU bball would be shit for a couple seasons. Come to find out they impress the hell outa everyone and win the Big12 conference and the conf tourney champ. This season they should be even better. Sherron Collins is a VERY VERY good player and Darrell Arthur isnt bad as well.

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 03:18 AM

Gal Mekel from Israel

He is deciding between Providence, WSU or stay in Israel to play professionally in Europe.

Guru
06-20-2006, 03:31 AM
BS on Duke. You know the national media will have them in the top 10.

KCChiefsMan
06-20-2006, 03:35 AM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk baby, but....I don't think I want us to be labeled on that #2 spot immediately, that just puts a big bulls-eye on your back and everybody is going to play even harder and try to knock you down....but I like the pre-season props to my alma mater baby!

CoMoChief
06-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk baby, but....I don't think I want us to be labeled on that #2 spot immediately, that just puts a big bulls-eye on your back and everybody is going to play even harder and try to knock you down....but I like the pre-season props to my alma mater baby!

Thats what happens when you play at Kansas and you have 6 former McDonalds HS All Americans on your squad that played well the 2nd half of the season to win both the conference tourney and Big12 reg season title. When youre a KU, Duke, UNC, UCLA, Kentucky, UConn, to name a few, you tend to get everybody's best shot.

ChiefsFanatic
06-20-2006, 03:46 AM

sense

DJay23
06-20-2006, 07:13 AM
I watch exactly el zilcho college basketball games before March Madness, so this means nothing to me.
Interesting that you posted to tell us all that.

DJay23
06-20-2006, 07:15 AM
When youre a KU, Duke, UNC, UCLA, Kentucky, UConn, to name a few, you tend to get everybody's best shot.
DING!

DJay23
06-20-2006, 07:17 AM
and they only got marginally better as the year went on and never completely figured it out.

You CLEARLY didn't see any games before Christmas. Watch that first game vs. Arizona and compare it to the Big XII tourney title game vs. Texas and tell me they didn't figure it out.

Saulbadguy
06-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Big XII as I see it:

1. KU. Absolutely loaded with talent.
2. Texas. Again, loaded with talent.
3. Texas A&M. We'll see if Billy can get them competing for the crown.
4. Kansas State. Huggins means instant improvement, along with a pretty good recruiting class.
5. Oklahoma State. We'll see how Sean Sutton does.
6. Baylor. Vastly improved young talent + incoming talent = Top half finish for the Bears.
7. Texas Tech. Another below average season for the General.
8. Iowa State. I think they got a pretty good coach, and a good recruiter. They just lost too much this season.
9. Nebraska. Colliers last stand.
10. Oklahoma. Jeff Capel? We'll see.
11. Colorado. Getting Roby back moves them from the 12 spot to 11th. Will this be Ricardos last stand? Will anyone care?
12. Missouri. Gimmick system may or may not work in the Big XII. Not a whole lot of talent, but a decent recruiting class.

DJay23
06-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Big XII as I see it:

1. KU. Absolutely loaded with talent.
2. Texas. Again, loaded with talent.
3. Texas A&M. We'll see if Billy can get them competing for the crown.
4. Kansas State. Huggins means instant improvement, along with a pretty good recruiting class.
5. Oklahoma State. We'll see how Sean Sutton does.
6. Baylor. Vastly improved young talent + incoming talent = Top half finish for the Bears.
7. Texas Tech. Another below average season for the General.
8. Iowa State. I think they got a pretty good coach, and a good recruiter. They just lost too much this season.
9. Nebraska. Colliers last stand.
10. Oklahoma. Jeff Capel? We'll see.
11. Colorado. Getting Roby back moves them from the 12 spot to 11th. Will this be Ricardos last stand? Will anyone care?
12. Missouri. Gimmick system may or may not work in the Big XII. Not a whole lot of talent, but a decent recruiting class.
Dead on.

As a KU fan the only thing that concerns me is whether Self can fold in Shady and Collins. They are studs and need to see the floor.

This is WAAAAYYY early but KU early lineup will probably be:

PG Robinson
SG Chalmers
SG Rush
SF/PF Wright
C Kaun

My hope is that Arthur can displace Kaun early enough to see significant floor time before Conference schedule starts.

Look at the depth we have. Something that scares me though is Self finding a rotation that works. Seems to take him too long to figure out what combos are best:

PG: Robinson, Collins, Chalmers
SG: Robinson, Chalmers, Rush
SF: Wright, Rush
PF: Wright, Jackson, Giles, Arthur
C: Arthur, Kaun, Giles

I think a 9 man rotation with Robinson, Collins, Chalmers, and Rush at the guards with Wright, Jackson, Giles, Arthur, and Kaun in the post would be tits.

By tourney time we could see:

PG: Collins
SG: Chalmers
SG: Rush
PF: Wright
C: Arthur

Gives me shivers.

Lzen
06-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Wow, I was astonished to see Texas A&M at #10. Nice job, Mr. Gillespie.

sedated
06-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Oklahoma State could end up being the 3rd best team in the Big12 (which ain't saying much)

It's too bad Oklahoma had to lose all those recruits, Kansas needs some competition

DJay23
06-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Oklahoma State could end up being the 3rd best team in the Big12 (which ain't saying much)

It's too bad Oklahoma had to lose all those recruits, Kansas needs some competition
We'll have enough with A&M, Texas, and Okie State.

Fortunately, I believe we play all three at home this year.

sedated
06-20-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm not trying to be funny, nor am I taking anything away from what they did accomplish. Just pointing out that the thread starter is going a bit overboard by saying that KU will be "great again".

"Again", as in once was, at some point, not necessarily last year.

KU has been great in the past, they will be great again

sedated
06-20-2006, 08:44 AM
We'll have enough with A&M, Texas, and Okie State.

Fortunately, I believe we play all three at home this year.

Too bad the toughest competition in the Big12 is in the south, we only play once a year.

Texas will be very young. Their year will be decided on Barnes' coaching ability. They might not finish higher than 4th.

Dartgod
06-20-2006, 08:44 AM
"Again", as in once was, at some point, not necessarily last year.

KU has been great in the past, they will be great again
How nice of you to read the thoughts of the thread starter and post them here for me to read.

Thanks! :thumb:

HC_Chief
06-20-2006, 08:45 AM
"Make or Break" season for Self. Yes, he is one hell of a recruiter, and yes he is a good coach... but these first round losses are unacceptable. He needs to take this team to at least the Final Four. This much talent dictates as much.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 08:59 AM
sounds even etter knowing that they play each other this year

Yeah, it's awesome. I wish I could attend that game. Every year I end up picking the 2 to go to the Final Four in my bracket and one of them to win it (homer pick). It actually paid off this year when I won my pool with UF taking the championship :D

HemiEd
06-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Gal Mekel from Israel

He is deciding between Providence, WSU or stay in Israel to play professionally in Europe.

I had not heard that, thanks Saggysack.

ROYC75
06-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Basketball polls are stupid this time of the year.............

Dartgod
06-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Basketball polls are stupid this time of the year.............So are KU fans.

Awwww, who am I foolin'? They're always stupid...

;) :p

DJay23
06-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Basketball polls are stupid this time of the year.............
I think both basketball and football should wait until 1/4 the way through the season, or until the conference schedule (some predetermined number of weeks after the official start) to begin polling. That way, teams with lots of promise but suck balls won't get an advantage. This probably makes most sense in football since there are far more games and polls in basketball, but I like the idea nonetheless.

ROYC75
06-20-2006, 10:31 AM
So are KU fans.

Awwww, who am I foolin'? They're always stupid...

;) :p

Hey, for a projected 12th place finish in the 12, you should leave your comments stock piled on the shelf till the 2008 season...... OK .
:D

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 10:33 AM
I had not heard that, thanks Saggysack.

You're welcome.

Saulbadguy
06-20-2006, 12:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/listranker?id=504

Vote for your own Top #25. K-State at #25 ;)

ROYC75
06-20-2006, 12:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/listranker?id=504

Vote for your own Top #25. K-State at #25 ;)

WOW, that's a far cry from a few months ago........
ROFL

j/k ....... BTW, doesn't one have to earn a ranking 1st to get it ? # 25 just because Huggybear shows up ? TT didn't tget that attention when The General showed up.

Saulbadguy
06-20-2006, 12:53 PM
WOW, that's a far cry from a few months ago........
ROFL

j/k ....... BTW, doesn't one have to earn a ranking 1st to get it ? # 25 just because Huggybear shows up ? TT didn't tget that attention when The General showed up.
That is why they are not ranked. However, it would seem Andy Katz may think that K-State falls in the #26-30 range.

The year before Knight went to Texas Tech, they had won like 9 games, and were absolutely awful.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 01:38 PM
The quotations around the rebuilding comment was simply because after losing a SR class that included Miles Simien Langford and even Lee, everyone thought KU bball would be shit for a couple seasons. Come to find out they impress the hell outa everyone and win the Big12 conference and the conf tourney champ. This season they should be even better. Sherron Collins is a VERY VERY good player and Darrell Arthur isnt bad as well.

Winning the Big 12 last year was no big deal. It was inferior to the MVC and that was proven after Bradley dominated KU in the Tournament from start to finish (Also remember Wichita State beat Bradley two out of three last year). Why is it that everytime KU or KSU (in Football) stinks it up they trot out the "At least we're in the Big 12 line?" The Big 12 was way down last year.

I don't doubt KU's talent. What made them stink last year was they weren't much of a team.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 01:41 PM
You CLEARLY didn't see any games before Christmas. Watch that first game vs. Arizona and compare it to the Big XII tourney title game vs. Texas and tell me they didn't figure it out.

I watched all those games my friend and I rooted for KU over Texas. However, winning a few games in a depleted Big12 tourney was not such a big deal last year. In the end Texas wasn't that good either.

DJay23
06-20-2006, 02:21 PM
I watched all those games my friend and I rooted for KU over Texas. However, winning a few games in a depleted Big12 tourney was not such a big deal last year. In the end Texas wasn't that good either.
those kids looked like new born calves on ice in Hawaii. By the time the Big XII tournament rolled around they worked as a team and were in sync.

My point is that you said they showed marginal improvement and I contend that they made drastic improvement. If the team from Hawaii had only improved marginally, then we'd have finished with MAYBE 8 conference wins and missed the tournament completely (which if you remember was a lot of the worry around Lawrence in January).

I don't care what conference you play in, you have to play the teams in front of you, and KU beat all of them atleast once. Not bad for a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. The MVC had a great year last year. We'll see if it continues.

DJay23
06-20-2006, 02:25 PM
On top of that Texas was a top 5-10 team all year. To say they weren't that good is being short sighted and weighing 1 or 2 games far too much.

THat conference tourney championship was two uber talented teams throwing haymakers at one another. I just wish that KU team had showed up for the Big Dance.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 02:31 PM
On top of that Texas was a top 5-10 team all year. To say they weren't that good is being short sighted and weighing 1 or 2 games far too much.

THat conference tourney championship was two uber talented teams throwing haymakers at one another. I just wish that KU team had showed up for the Big Dance.

That's where we disagree. I know KU and TX were rated highly all year. So what, there's a lot of politics that go into the pols and KU and TX got a lot of votes based on past performance. Conversely, KU was not rated all that highly in the RPI and the whining from the KU Kool-Aid drinkers was constant.

In the end KU was an overrated and underachieving team considering their talent and organization and that's why Bradley destroyed them in the tournament. In the end the pols were wrong and the RPI was right.

bobbything
06-20-2006, 02:45 PM
In the end KU was an extreme underachieving team considering their talent and organization and that's why Bradley destroyed them in the tournament.
Don't know if you're trolling here, but I really disagree with you're observation(s).

KU neither "underachieved" (throughout the season) nor got "destroyed" by Bradley.

(1) Just because they had a good recruiting class doesn't mean they're going to be incredible in season #1. Thus, "underachieving" didn't really happen. The entire starting line up was freshmen/sohpomores. Watching them the first month was like watching 6 year olds play soccer. Absolutely painstaking. However, I don't know how anyone couldn't see the improvement over the course of the season.

I don't think many anticipated that KU would be that good last year. Considering their low pre-season ranking and picked to finish 3rd or lower in a depleted B12 conference. So, they didn't "underachieve."

(2) They lost by 4 points to Bradley. Hardly getting "destroyed."

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Don't know if you're trolling here, but I really disagree with you're observation(s).

KU neither "underachieved" (throughout the season) nor got "destroyed" by Bradley.

(1) Just because they had a good recruiting class doesn't mean they're going to be incredible in season #1. Thus, "underachieving" didn't really happen. The entire starting line up was freshmen/sohpomores. Watching them the first month was like watching 6 year olds play soccer. Absolutely painstaking. However, I don't know how anyone couldn't see the improvement over the course of the season.

I don't think many anticipated that KU would be that good last year. Considering their low pre-season ranking and picked to finish 3rd or lower in a depleted B12 conference. So, they didn't "underachieve."

(2) They lost by 4 points to Bradley. Hardly getting "destroyed."

I'm not trolling I'm just pointing out that some KU fans are trying to re-write a poor season (by KU standards) by making excuses which I think is laughable regardless of whether they were bringing in new kids or not.

I can understand KU being down and not being ready to make a run at the FF but to say that they didn't underperform is silly. KU has EVERY advantage in recruiting, money, recognition and for the last two years they haven't been able to get past schools that have to work a lot harder to get less. That's my main point.

Now regarding Bradley. KU never seriously threatened BU. KU's players were only hoping to win that game and they never seriously challenged and played like they were going to win. If you watch the game again you'll see heads hanging on the court and on the bench as early as within a few minutes of the end of the first half. Bradley grabbed control of that game and owned it and KU's runs were not very strong unless you want to admit that BU's talent was as good as KU's top to bottom. Anyone want to do that?

So which is it KU fan - Was KU's talent only as good as the 3rd place team in the Valley last year or did they underachieve? You can't have it both ways.

RockChalk
06-20-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm not trolling I'm just pointing out that some KU fans are trying to re-write a poor season (by KU standards) by making excuses which I think is laughable regardless of whether they were bringing in new kids or not.

I can understand KU being down and not being ready to make a run at the FF but to say that they didn't underperform is silly. KU has EVERY advantage in recruiting, money, recognition and for the last two years they haven't been able to get past schools that have to work a lot harder to get less. That's my main point.

Now regarding Bradley. KU never seriously threatened BU. KU's players were only hoping to win that game and they never seriously challenged and played like they were going to win. If you watch the game again you'll see heads hanging on the court and on the bench as early as within a few minutes of the end of the first half. Bradley grabbed control of that game and owned it and KU's runs were not very strong unless you want to admit that BU's talent was as good as KU's top to bottom. Anyone want to do that?

So which is it KU fan - Was KU's talent only as good as the 3rd place team in the Valley last year or did they underachieve? You can't have it both ways.

Typical anti-KU garbage from someone that knows little about the team other than game highlights and scores. KU flat out did not show up for the Bradley game. IMO, we overachieved for the year and I saw it as a season that has set us up to play great basketball in the upcoming year. I watched Russell Robinson go from a unconfident struggling shooting guard to a floor general and arguably the most improved player on the team. I saw Chalmers grow up tremendously in 6 months and may even have become the best player on a team loaded with talent. Julian Wright became a force to be reckoned with and someone that will leave oppontents coaches scratcing their heads to figure out a way to match up against him. I could go on and on. Don't comment on SH*T you don't know anything about.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Typical anti-KU garbage from someone that knows little about the team other than game highlights and scores. KU flat out did not show up for the Bradley game. IMO, we overachieved for the year and I saw it as a season that has set us up to play great basketball in the upcoming year. I watched Russell Robinson go from a unconfident struggling shooting guard to a floor general and arguably the most improved player on the team. I saw Chalmers grow up tremendously in 6 months and may even have become the best player on a team loaded with talent. Julian Wright became a force to be reckoned with and someone that will leave oppontents coaches scratcing their heads to figure out a way to match up against him. I could go on and on. Don't comment on SH*T you don't know anything about.

That's it attack the messenger and ignore the facts. Doing that simply shows people how weak your defense is. The fact is you haven't addressed any of the results on the court all you can do is attack me personally by saying I "don't know shi*" yet you don't know me much less what I do or do not know about b-ball.

You said "KU flat out didn't show up for the Bradley game" Are you kidding me? That's going to be your defense? You mean your million dollar a year coach and his Mickey D All-Americans didn't show up? Anyone want to explain why one of the most storied basketball programs in the country loaded with talent and coaching didn't SHOW UP for the NCAA tournament last year? How about the year before?

I'll tell you why. They were a lousy team who got by on RAW talent, reputation in the media and benefitted from a weak Big12 until getting exposed by a lesser talented squad who was a far superior TEAM in the tourney.

RockChalk
06-20-2006, 04:35 PM
That's it attack the messenger and ignore the facts. Doing that simply shows people how weak your defense is. The fact is you haven't addressed any of the results on the court all you can do is attack me personally by saying I "don't know shi*" yet you don't know me much less what I do or do not know about b-ball.

You said "KU flat out didn't show up for the Bradley game" Are you kidding me? That's going to be your defense? You mean your million dollar a year coach and his Mickey D All-Americans didn't show up? Anyone want to explain why one of the most storied basketball programs in the country loaded with talent and coaching didn't SHOW UP for the NCAA tournament last year? How about the year before?

I'll tell you why. They were a lousy team who got by on reputation in the media and benefitted from a weak Big12 until getting exposed by a lesser talented squad who was a far superior TEAM in the tourney.

ROFL
Your comments support my opinion that you don't know sh*t. I'll leave it at that.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 04:40 PM
ROFL
Your comments support my opinion that you don't know sh*t. I'll leave it at that.

Your comments are a joke my main man. However, I do like the way you support your comments with your lack of thought.

By the way are your retarded or delusional? Just curious

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 04:41 PM
"KU blah blah blah"

"KU sucks!"

"No, you suck!"

RickObie
06-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Let me start by saying I'm a San Diego State guy, but with that said, being a Chiefs fan you hear a lot about the Jayhawks. I followed them from Hawaii to the tourney and anybody with any knowledge can tell you this team is going to be great this year.

Granted last years team may have been a bit over its head come tourney time do to the expectations of the fans and the youth of the team, but you can't tell me that this team won't make a run this year, unless the have to play SDSU :)

Any negative pub about this team, just means you're a Jayhawk hater. From an outsiders point of view this may be the best team in NCAA basketball.

DJay23
06-20-2006, 04:50 PM

I'll tell you why. They were a lousy team who got by on RAW talent, reputation in the media and benefitted from a weak Big12 until getting exposed by a lesser talented squad who was a far superior TEAM in the tourney.
Dude, it happens. Teams, especially young ones without a whole lot of experience, don't show up for big games. Call it deer in the headlights (Personally I think they wore themselves out trying to win the regular season title and then the conference tournament. Look at the energy vs. Texas in the conference tourney and then vs Bradley. Vastly different as you pointed out). Does this make them a bad team? I don't think so. Good teams get knocked out early in the tournament all the time. You can't define a team's yearly performance so narrowly, on the result of only one game.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Let me start by saying I'm a San Diego State guy, but with that said, being a Chiefs fan you hear a lot about the Jayhawks. I followed them from Hawaii to the tourney and anybody with any knowledge can tell you this team is going to be great this year.

Granted last years team may have been a bit over its head come tourney time do to the expectations of the fans and the youth of the team, but you can't tell me that this team won't make a run this year, unless the have to play SDSU :)

Any negative pub about this team, just means you're a Jayhawk hater. From an outsiders point of view this may be the best team in NCAA basketball.

For the record I'm not a hater. This year they might be the best. But I wasn't talking about this year, I was talking about last year and how some KU fans insist on denying reality.

RickObie
06-20-2006, 04:57 PM
For the record I'm not a hater. This year they might be the best. But I wasn't talking about this year, I was talking about last year and how some KU fans insist on denying reality.

I'm not singling you out, and I'm not even saying I think your wrong, it's just that last years Jayhawk team didn't actually underachieve, they weren't even a preseason top 25 team and I think there youth didn't serve them well come tourney time. I'll quote the person earlier who said deer in headlights.

sedated
06-20-2006, 04:59 PM
ChiefaRoo, not only do I agree with you, but I was saying the same thing last year half-way through the season (look it up).

A team in the Big12 is only a good as the Big12 as a whole.

It's getting better (we hope), but will be even worse in 2006 than it was in 2005.

Mediocre competition all year, especially at the end of the season when it means the most, leads to big trouble when the tourney rolls around.

sedated
06-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm not singling you out, and I'm not even saying I think your wrong, it's just that last years Jayhawk team didn't actually underachieve, they weren't even a preseason top 25 team and I think there youth didn't serve them well come tourney time. I'll quote the person earlier who said deer in headlights.

they were able to overacheive because of all the over-rated chumps they faced in the Big12.

(and Kentucky :rolleyes: )

DJay23
06-20-2006, 05:02 PM
ChiefaRoo, not only do I agree with you, but I was saying the same thing last year half-way through the season (look it up).

A team in the Big12 is only a good as the Big12 as a whole.

It's getting better (we hope), but will be even worse in 2006 than it was in 2005.

Mediocre competition all year, especially at the end of the season when it means the most, leads to big trouble when the tourney rolls around.
I would agree with that in regards to almost the entire Big XII with the exception of Texas. For anyone to say Texas wasn't a good team last year, that person had to have his head in the sand.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Dude, it happens. Teams, especially young ones without a whole lot of experience, don't show up for big games. Call it deer in the headlights (Personally I think they wore themselves out trying to win the regular season title and then the conference tournament. Look at the energy vs. Texas in the conference tourney and then vs Bradley. Vastly different as you pointed out). Does this make them a bad team? I don't think so. Good teams get knocked out early in the tournament all the time. You can't define a team's yearly performance so narrowly, on the result of only one game.

Well said, although I'll say once again the B12 was so down last year it made KU's effort against TX look spectacular when in my opinion it wasn't a big deal. Remember, TX drilled KU in TX before the tourney. It wasn't a battle of titans it was a battle of media creations who in the end folded in the National tourney.

DJay23
06-20-2006, 05:05 PM
they were able to overacheive because of all the over-rated chumps they faced in the Big12.

(and Kentucky :rolleyes: )
You know, it may have hurt us come the Big Dance, but it will help us this year.

Think about everyone saying how Michelle Wie should play women and learn to WIN before challenging the men. Our guys learned how to win in a bunch of different scenarios. That's experience that should help down the line. I really hope teams like OU and Okie State, even the Purple Pussies can show up this year and make the Big XII more competitive than just KU vs. Texas.

For the record, I predicted last year's team exactly as it happened from day one. I said we'd suck early on, even in the conference season, but then we'll gel and come on strong at the end which we did. I honestly think our guys wore themselves down. They hit the "freshman wall" if you will.

DJay23
06-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Well said, although I'll say once again the B12 was so down last year it made KU's effort against TX look spectacular when in my opinion it wasn't a big deal. Remember, TX drilled KU in TX before the tourney. It wasn't a battle of titans it was a battle of media creations who in the end folded in the National tourney.
Did you watch that Texas-Kansas game?

DJay23
06-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Final Totals Kansas Texas
44.3 FG% 40.0
50.0 3ptFG% 38.1
73.7 FT% 72.7
35 Reb 40
22 Asst 15
9 TO 16
8 Blk 5
10 Stl 6
Briefly
There were a total of 10 ties and 13 lead changes. ... Kansas' largest lead was 14; UT never led by more than 6. ... Kansas had a 32-7 edge in points off turnovers, a 26-20 advantage in points in the paint, a 13-7 lead in fast-break points and an 18-8 edge in bench points. ... UT led, 23-16, in second-chance points.

Kansas Leaders
Scoring: Mario Chalmers 15; Russell Robinson 14; Jeff Hawkins 13; Brandon Rush, Julian Wright 12 each.
Rebounding: Wright 7, Robinson 6.
Assists: Robinson, Chalmers 6 each.
Turnovers: Robinson, Rush 3 each.

Texas leaders
Scoring: Kenton Paulino 19, P.J. Tucker 16, Brad Buckman 12.
Rebounding: Buckman 9, Tucker 8.
Assists: Tucker, Daniel Gibson 4 each.
Turnovers: Tucker 6.

Lines to remember:
Kansas: Jeff Hawkins 4-for-5 FG, 4-for-5 3pt FG, 5 assists, 0 turnovers, 13 points; Mario Chalmers 4-for-8 FG, 4-for-7 3pt FG, 3-for-4 FT, 6 assists, 0 turnovers, 15 points.
Texas: Kenton Paulino 6-for-11 FG, 5-for-9 3pt FG, 2-for-2 FG, 19 points.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 05:10 PM
I would agree with that in regards to almost the entire Big XII with the exception of Texas. For anyone to say Texas wasn't a good team last year, that person had to have his head in the sand.

They were good but overrated.

DJay23
06-20-2006, 05:12 PM
They were good but overrated.
Ok I'll take that.

I'm not a huge fan of polls anyway. The only ranking that matters is have a "1" in front of your name at the end of the year.

And you're right, you get a bigger boost for name recognition. However it works the other way too.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 05:13 PM

Yes, I watched both of them and only the B12 tourney game was a good game the other one was a blow out by TX and wasn't that thrilling. I also watched Wichita State at Creighton in Wichita and it was a better game than either of the KU/TX matchups

schneider221
06-20-2006, 05:39 PM
chiefaroo you ahve said a couple things that prove you really don't know as much as you think.

you said that they were selfish... are you kidding me bill self had to beg his players to be more selfish last year.

you called them a hotdog basketball team because of the arizona game. you realize that was one of the first college basketball game ever for 3 of the best players on the team. they played like nervous kids, and ive watched that game multiple times and i cant see how anyone can assume them as being hot dogs.

the big 12 wasnt great last year but i would be willing to bet a big12/mvc showdown would be won by the big12 easily.

your right texas wasnt very good or talented last year. they only have 3 players who can go in the first round of the nba draft. just because they didnt win the tourney doesnt mean they werent good. every year there are 5-10 teams who dont win the tourney that are good.

ku wasnt highly rated all year like you said. they were ranked on hype on the start and quickly fell out of the top 25. the media didnt start talking about them until they beat texas.

as dubbledown said earlier you obviously didnt watch teh games as much as you think or you are just trying to be anti-jayhawks.

if programs like ku dont have rebuilding years then what do you call UNC's 02/03 season a couple years back. that was similiar situation. alot of young players(felton, may, and that other guy i cant remember now). they were all great freshmen but only went to the NIT.

KU is loaded next year and if bill self cant do more then he deserves to be on the hot seat.

that ku florida game will be fun to watch but probably wont be as big of a deal in the long run as fans will make it

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 05:50 PM
chiefaroo you ahve said a couple things that prove you really don't know as much as you think.

you said that they were selfish... are you kidding me bill self had to beg his players to be more selfish last year.

you called them a hotdog basketball team because of the arizona game. you realize that was one of the first college basketball game ever for 3 of the best players on the team. they played like nervous kids, and ive watched that game multiple times and i cant see how anyone can assume them as being hot dogs.

the big 12 wasnt great last year but i would be willing to bet a big12/mvc showdown would be won by the big12 easily.

your right texas wasnt very good or talented last year. they only have 3 players who can go in the first round of the nba draft. just because they didnt win the tourney doesnt mean they werent good. every year there are 5-10 teams who dont win the tourney that are good.

ku wasnt highly rated all year like you said. they were ranked on hype on the start and quickly fell out of the top 25. the media didnt start talking about them until they beat texas.

as dubbledown said earlier you obviously didnt watch teh games as much as you think or you are just trying to be anti-jayhawks.

if programs like ku dont have rebuilding years then what do you call UNC's 02/03 season a couple years back. that was similiar situation. alot of young players(felton, may, and that other guy i cant remember now). they were all great freshmen but only went to the NIT.

KU is loaded next year and if bill self cant do more then he deserves to be on the hot seat.

that ku florida game will be fun to watch but probably wont be as big of a deal in the long run as fans will make it

Gotta go get a workout in but just one quick point. I would of loved a MVC/ B12 match up last year. Hell the B12 could of left out their really crappy teams to even the numbers up. WSU, Creighton (until Funk got hurt), Bradley, Missouri State, Southern Illinois and Northern Iowa would of stacked up very well against the B12. Alas, it's all speculative and it didn't happen but I can tell you the Valley played great ball last year and it was tough as nails and they didn't have Dickey V and Billy Packer jacking them off each week on ESPN.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Oh by the way I never accused KU and TX of not having talent. In fact I'm crucifying both squads for having talent and pissing it away by being arrogant and undisciplined. What I said was considering their talent, image and coaching they weren't very good TEAMS.

Sam Hall
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't like Texas, but I had them in the national championship game in my bracket. I was looking good for awhile. I thought they would beat LSU.

KSU will have a gripe about being left out of the polls when they prove something. Signing O.J. Mayo and Bill Walker might help.

Anybody want to guess the over/under on how badly KU will run MU out of the building this season?

WilliamTheIrish
06-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Funny stuff.

(KU fan)
"We get everybody's bst shot."

Yea,no other teams give their best shot to anybody but KU.

KU fan: "We didn't show up." (vs Bradley)

It would be impossible for another team to outplay KU.

And finally, sedated's classic: It was the fault of the Big 12. It wasn't competitive enough."

(Even though we won it.)

Seriously, this is some great stuff.

Dartgod
06-20-2006, 07:03 PM
You can't define a team's yearly performance so narrowly, on the result of only one gameApparently you can.I believe that anything less than a final 4 berth is failure.
Good teams get knocked out early in the tournament all the time. In KU's case, in consecutive years.

ArrowheadHawk
06-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Apparently you can.
In KU's case, in consecutive years.
did your team make the tourney??? :hmmm:

Dartgod
06-20-2006, 07:27 PM
did your team make the tourney??? :hmmm:No. In case you haven't heard, MU has sucked donkey balls for a few years. But then again, I'm not the one starting a thread saying how "great" MU will be this year. :hmmm:

I swear, you 'Hawk fans are a sensitive bunch.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Yes, I watched both of them and only the B12 tourney game was a good game the other one was a blow out by TX and wasn't that thrilling. I also watched Wichita State at Creighton in Wichita and it was a better game than either of the KU/TX matchups

http://www.members.cox.net/sizzler/Money/MONEY.wmv

Saulbadguy
06-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Will your world collapse when K-State beats Wichita State next season...again?

WilliamTheIrish
06-20-2006, 09:57 PM

If we lose, it's because we always get the other team's best shot... or the conference is down...or we failed to show up...

you know how it is...

DJay23
06-20-2006, 09:58 PM
did your team make the tourney??? :hmmm:
You're wasting your time. Mizzou and K-State fans around here are never wrong when it comes to KU hoops.

WilliamTheIrish
06-20-2006, 10:00 PM
You're wasting your time. Mizzou and K-State fans around here are never wrong when it comes to KU hoops.

Close.

I'm rarely wrong when it comes to their fans...

Saulbadguy
06-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Yet the guy giving you tender hearted folks the most guff is a Wichita State fan.

Saulbadguy
06-20-2006, 10:01 PM
If we lose, it's because we always get the other team's best shot... or the conference is down...or we failed to show up...

you know how it is...
That is in KU's case.

In WSU's case, it's because their is a media conspiracy against mid-major teams, and that we only recruit thugs to play for us.

WilliamTheIrish
06-20-2006, 10:04 PM
That is in KU's case.

In WSU's case, it's because their is a media conspiracy against mid-major teams, and that we only recruit thugs to play for us.

Oops~!~! I forgot that one. Thanks for getting me squared away.

Squirm, Grapes, squirm!!!!

ROFL

Saulbadguy
06-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Huggins to WVU! Squirm grapes, squirm!

Huggins hasn't signed his contract! OMG!

You guys won't get the best player in the country! You will have to settle for the 4th best!

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 10:14 PM

Saul. Hey man I thought I smelled you. Even you know KSU won't be much in b-ball next year. WSU will be better than last year.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Yet the guy giving you tender hearted folks the most guff is a Wichita State fan.

They know that Saul. By the way how did KSU do in the NIT last year? Oh, nevermind. Well at least you got that bowl win to remember................oh wait that wasn't last year either. Wow, KSU does suck.

Saulbadguy
06-20-2006, 10:20 PM
They know that Saul. By the way how did KSU do in the NIT last year? Oh, nevermind. Well at least you got that bowl win to remember................oh wait that wasn't last year either. Wow, KSU does suck.
Remind me again how your football team is doing?

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Remind me again how your football team is doing?

Saul, there's been no football in Wichita or Manhattan for years. Don't you know that?

Sam Hall
06-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Saul, what are KSU fans saying about the NU/KSU football game this year? I think my Huskers are going to start beating KSU again. I wouldn't mind the Blackshirts getting a shot at Josh Freeman, but that can wait.

Big Dick Jones
06-20-2006, 10:27 PM
WSU comes up with a good basketball team about once every twenty years. Then we have to listen to their two fans about it. The last time was after the "Battle of New Orleans". 1981, I believe. Then WSU demanded to play KU every year. KU obliged and promptly stomped the living piss out of the "Shox" five straight times. The "Shox" didn't get within 20 points at any time. Total ass kickings. How soon we forget. So now they want some more. I say let's give it to them.

Saulbadguy
06-20-2006, 10:29 PM
WSU comes up with a good basketball team about once every twenty years. Then we have to listen to their two fans about it. The last time was after the "Battle of New Orleans". 1981, I believe. Then WSU demanded to play KU every year. KU obliged and promptly stomped the living piss out of the "Shox" five straight times. The "Shox" didn't get within 20 points at any time. Total ass kickings. How soon we forget. So now they want some more. I say let's give it to them.
How's it going, Skip?

Saulbadguy
06-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Saul, what are KSU fans saying about the NU/KSU football game this year? I think my Huskers are going to start beating KSU again. I wouldn't mind the Blackshirts getting a shot at Josh Freeman, but that can wait.
We will obviously murder them.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 10:35 PM

Ancient history. If I wanted to talk 20+ year old smack I'd bring up the miserable Ted Owens era or KU's probation for recruiting violations under Larry Brown. There's a new player in KS basketball now "DICK" so you can deal with that or just continue to sit on your thumb and wonder why your HS All-Americans keeps getting stabbed in parking lots.

sedated
06-20-2006, 10:47 PM
And finally, sedated's classic: It was the fault of the Big 12. It wasn't competitive enough."

(Even though we won it.)

Seriously, this is some great stuff.

How much credit have I given KU for winning the Big12? Not much, except they could still win more conference games than Texas, who was a good team (in the beginning of the season, then got soft on weak Big12 teams).

It was a down league, like Ohio State winning the Big11. How well did they do in tourney?

but thanks for spelling my name rite

Big Dick Jones
06-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Ancient history. If I wanted to talk 20+ year old smack I'd bring up the miserable Ted Owens era or KU's probation for recruiting violations under Larry Brown. There's a new player in KS basketball now "DICK" so you can deal with that or just continue to sit on your thumb and wonder why your HS All-Americans keeps getting stabbed in parking lots.
We should schedule another five game series so we wouldn't hear from you for another 20 years.

WilliamTheIrish
06-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Saul, there's been no football in Wichita or Manhattan for years. Don't you know that?

There's been no basketball in Wichita for years either.

You have 4x the number of quadruple homicides as good basketball seasons in the last 30 years.
Basketball is no passion in Wichita.

Murder? Now that's a Wichita passion.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 10:51 PM
We should schedule another five game series so we wouldn't hear from you for another 20 years.

Lets do six. Three home games each in Doo Dah and Larryville. The loser plays KSU

WilliamTheIrish
06-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Lets do six. Three home games each in Doo Dah and Larryville. The loser plays KSU

You're both losers.

Big Dick Jones
06-20-2006, 10:53 PM
You have to earn a home and home. Everybody knows that. Well, except you that is.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 10:57 PM

You have 4x the number of quadruple homicides as good basketball seasons in the last 30 years.

So you want to talk about Urban renewal or basketball? Jesus.

There's a lot of passion for WSU basketball and you probably know that. If not, send me your email address and I'll send you some MPEG's to prove it. Seriously though am I really hearing a KSU basketball fan talking about passion for the program when you don't draw di*k in Bramlage and haven't for years?! Come on dude that's weak. ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
06-20-2006, 10:59 PM

There's a lot of passion for WSU basketball and you probably know that. If not, send me your email address and I'll send you some MPEG's to prove it. Seriously though am I really hearing a KSU basketball fan talking about passion for the program when you don't draw di*k in Bramlage and haven't for years?! Come on dude that's weak. ROFL

We averaged 10k again this year. The place holds 13k.

And yes, I'm just f'ing with you.

WilliamTheIrish
06-20-2006, 11:03 PM
How's it going, Skip?

It has to be...

Big Dick Jones
06-20-2006, 11:04 PM

Passion for WSU basketball? That is totally laughable. They absolutely SUCK 95% of the time. You want proof? Check their win-loss for the last 20 years.

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 11:05 PM
You have to earn a home and home. Everybody knows that. Well, except you that is.

Ok, how's this. WSU won a sweet 16 game last year and KU got bounced by a team that WSU took two out of three from. Secondly, WSU had a higher RPI than KU did last year. WSU returns everyone except Paul Miller who had a good year and we've got a transfer and some nice Freshmen coming in. Further, Turg. got his huge raise and will be around at least long enough to replace Bill Self if he crashes in Lawrence.

KU can't hide behind the excuse of "nothing to gain" by playing WSU anymore because it'll hurt KU's RPI.

I don't get some KU fans. KU has fantastic recruits, facilities and tradition. Pays its coach a bucket of money and yet last year turned down a neutral court deal to play WSU on national TV. So instead we played Michigan State.

Your kind of dumb aren't you DICK?

Big Dick Jones
06-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Ok, how's this. WSU won a sweet 16 game last year and KU got bounced by a team that WSU took two out of three from. Secondly, WSU had a higher RPI than KU did last year. WSU returns everyone except Paul Miller who had a good year and we've got a transfer and some nice Freshmen coming in. Further, Turg. got his huge raise and will be around at least long enough to replace Bill Self if he crashes in Lawrence.

KU can't hide behind the excuse of "nothing to gain" by playing WSU anymore because it'll hurt KU's RPI.

I don't get some KU fans. KU has fantastic recruits, facilities and tradition. Pays its coach a bucket of money and yet last year turned down a neutral court deal to play WSU on national TV. So instead we played Michigan State.
Like I said , we hear from you once every twenty years. Do you want to talk about the other 19? I didn't think so.

sedated
06-20-2006, 11:09 PM
9 pages of this sh!t is enough to make someone throw up.

Sam Hall
06-20-2006, 11:12 PM

Believe me, I didn't think this would happen :D

Big Dick Jones
06-20-2006, 11:13 PM
I'll bet Turgeon would throw up if he thought he had to face Kansas every year.

schneider221
06-20-2006, 11:14 PM
something i dont really understand. as a ku fan i always rooted and will continue to cheer for wsu unless playing against ku. most ku fans i come across wish only good things for the wsu program. most wsu fans seem to have a big problem with the jayhawks.

ku doesnt need to play wsu on national tv... they can play kentucky, duke, msu, anyone else that if we beat it will be considered a big deal, if we lose oh well its a good program. if we play wsu on national tv and win people will expect a blow out and if not say we underachieved(no matter how good wsu is.)

im not saying im against playing wsu bc i have family who went there and it be a fun rivalry but i understand why ku doesnt schedule them

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 11:16 PM
something i dont really understand. as a ku fan i always rooted and will continue to cheer for wsu unless playing against ku. most ku fans i come across wish only good things for the wsu program. most wsu fans seem to have a big problem with the jayhawks.

ku doesnt need to play wsu on national tv... they can play kentucky, duke, msu, anyone else that if we beat it will be considered a big deal, if we lose oh well its a good program. if we play wsu on national tv and win people will expect a blow out and if not say we underachieved(no matter how good wsu is.)

im not saying im against playing wsu bc i have family who went there and it be a fun rivalry but i understand why ku doesnt schedule them

Most die hard KU fans don't root for WSU and as for playing Kentucky last year ROFL

schneider221
06-20-2006, 11:21 PM
kentucky may not have been good... but even then most fans would consider that a bigger win then if ku beat wsu... not saying wsu is worse then uk but it still looks better to own a kentucky team then to own wsu

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 11:27 PM
kentucky may not have been good... but even then most fans would consider that a bigger win then if ku beat wsu... not saying wsu is worse then uk but it still looks better to own a kentucky team then to own wsu

Not as far as the RPI is concerned. Although, I will say it's more fun to see Ashley Judd.

schneider221
06-20-2006, 11:30 PM
i dunno ashley judd was less then impressive when she showed up at AFH last year... id much rather see some cheerleaders throwing the shocker around

ChiefaRoo
06-20-2006, 11:39 PM
We averaged 10k again this year. The place holds 13k.

And yes, I'm just f'ing with you.

I highly doubt KSU averaged 10K per game last year. You only had 6K or so for Colorado State and that was early in the season before KSU started dragging it's arse in league play.

Saggysack
06-21-2006, 01:31 AM

That's a pretty dumb thing to say. Wichita has been a sports town for decades, in all sports, including BB. I can name quite a few products that have had success professionally that are from Wichita itself, or WSU.

Let's start off with Barry Sanders, howabout Gale Sayers, or Joe Carter, Xavier McDaniel, Dave Stallworth, Bill Parcells, the ex Chief Curtis McClinton, Eric Wedge, Cliff Levingston, Antione Carr, Darren Driefort, James Gethers, Warren Jabali, Doug Mirabelli, Charlie O'Brien, (KU fans may know this name) Greg Dreiling, Jim Ryun, Lynette Woodard. Those aren't bad numbers from a city the size of Wichita.

On the murder comment, Wichita has similiar numbers per capita of crimes, including murder, as cities of similiar size. Would you like to see some of KC's crimes statistics? Now those numbers are mind boggling. Why anyone would raise a family in that city is beyond me. KC has 18.4 murders per 100,000 people whereas Wichita is at 4.9. Would you like to see more or would you like to continue making stupid ass comments?

edit--
BTW, KC has a higher murder rate than NYC, LA, Houston, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Indy, SF, Denver, Nashville, Cleveland. Don't even get me started on property crimes. If you aren't getting stabbed, shot or beaten down in KC you are getting your crap stolen. What a nice slice of heaven you boys slightly to the north have...

HemiEd
06-21-2006, 02:16 AM

Skiptowne, you are a dumbass. We have been over this. The link is at the bottom if you can get your webtv to go there.
-------- KU WSU
1981 --- 65 66
83-84 --- 79 69 at Lawrence
84-85--- 90 83 at KC
85-86 --- 81 56 at KC
86-87--- 49 54 at WSU

So we have 5 games, KU won 3 and the Shocks 2. Only 1 home game for the Shockers. http://www.kusports.com/basketball/...tats_84-88.html

Saggysack
06-21-2006, 05:38 AM

Baseball? Not really.

DJay23
06-21-2006, 08:55 AM
I rooted for WSU in the tourney last year. I'd love to see KU schedule WSU every year, alternating where it's played every year. I'm a diehard KU fan.

Now, why do WSU fans hate KU so much? One word: Jealousy

Sam Hall
06-21-2006, 09:14 AM
I don't understand why KU should have to play WSU? If WSU becomes more of a national power, than that series can happen. I like the idea, but it would be one-sided right now.

HemiEd
06-21-2006, 09:21 AM
I rooted for WSU in the tourney last year. I'd love to see KU schedule WSU every year, alternating where it's played every year. I'm a diehard KU fan.

Actually I root for KU and KState, but WSU is first. I do not understand the hate either. But I do understand the right to defend the facts from some arrogant KU fan that has told the same lie so long he thinks it is fact.

DJay23
06-21-2006, 09:50 AM
I don't understand why KU should have to play WSU? If WSU becomes more of a national power, than that series can happen. I like the idea, but it would be one-sided right now.
I like the idea of a 3 way instate rivalry between K-State, KU, and WSU. Sort of like Iowa, Northern Iowa, and Iowa State have.

Dartgod
06-21-2006, 09:51 AM
I like the idea of a 3 way instate rivalry between K-State, KU, and WSU. Sort of like Iowa, Northern Iowa, and Iowa State have.
And Mizzou, Missouri State and.....er, nevermind.

:sulk:

Saulbadguy
06-21-2006, 09:55 AM
What kind of thinking is that?

I'd prefer something like Duke, North Carolina, and NC State.

htismaqe
06-21-2006, 09:59 AM
I wouldn't say Iowa, Iowa State, and UNI is a "rivalry". We have 4 D1 schools (Drake is the 4th) and it's fun to play the in-state games. But the only "rivalry" is Iowa/Iowa State.

ROYC75
06-21-2006, 10:15 AM
And Mizzou, Missouri State and.....er, nevermind.

:sulk:

St Louis or Wilian Jewell .......... take your pick.

Dartgod
06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
St Louis or Wilian Jewell .......... take your pick.
Don't forget about UMKC!

ROYC75
06-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Don't forget about UMKC!

True ..... or even Bethany.

WilliamTheIrish
06-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Bethany is in Lindsborg, Kansas.

So much for geography...

ChiefaRoo
06-21-2006, 01:11 PM

1) Condscending arrogance
2) Comments from Phog.net that back up number 1
3) Board of Regents issues going back decades

I root for KU when they play the likes of DOOK, Texas et al. Both schools should play home and homes. Same for WSU and KSU. It would be good for Kansas basketball as a whole.

ChiefaRoo
06-21-2006, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't say Iowa, Iowa State, and UNI is a "rivalry". We have 4 D1 schools (Drake is the 4th) and it's fun to play the in-state games. But the only "rivalry" is Iowa/Iowa State.

Unfortunately Northern Iowa and Drake don't have enough of a commitment to paying coaches and staff to stay nationally competitive each year thus it's not realistic to have year in year out competitive games. WSU, Creighton, Southern Ill, Missouri State and possibly Bradley do have that commitment. WSU and Creighton both have ponied up big bucks to keep their coaches so if scheduling gets set up for the future then KU wouldn't have to worry about these schools diving in the RPI by the time the series came around a year or two later.

ChiefaRoo
06-21-2006, 01:17 PM

It would not of been lopsided last year Sam. WSU could of won that game same as KU. Remember what Bradley did to KU and WSU beat Bradley two out of three.

WSU will be very good this year. Top 15 to 20 in talent with a high RPI. KU obviously has tons of talent and could be a top 5 team. Sounds like a good pre-conference match up that would get a lot of national pub for the State of Kansas. Lets play and keep the politics to a minimum.

ChiefaRoo
06-21-2006, 01:22 PM
What kind of thinking is that?

I'd prefer something like Duke, North Carolina, and NC State.

Since it's your b-day I'll just say this. Maybe KSU should concentrate on beating NIT teams before they take on the top 20 out of conference. I know KSU is on the come Saul but get real my main man. :)

ChiefaRoo
06-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Thought some of you might find this interesting. Seems Bruce is dating some chick from Doo Dah so she's got him in WSU gear.

ChiTown
06-21-2006, 01:50 PM
It would not of been lopsided last year Sam. WSU could of won that game same as KU. Remember what Bradley did to KU and WSU beat Bradley two out of three.

WSU will be very good this year. Top 15 to 20 in talent with a high RPI. KU obviously has tons of talent and could be a top 5 team. Sounds like a good pre-conference match up that would get a lot of national pub for the State of Kansas. Lets play and keep the politics to a minimum.

Top 15-20 talent? Uh, no. Paul Miller made that team go from the inside out. WSU is going to struggle big time, unless Wilson is willing to get tough and play inside. They'll finish in the top 3 of the Valley, but they aren't even close to having top 15-20 talent.

Re: KU/KSU v WSU
Neither KU nor KSU get anything out of that matchup. I don't see those games happening in the near future (minus any pre/post season tourny matchups)

ChiefaRoo
06-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Top 15-20 talent? Uh, no. Paul Miller made that team go from the inside out. WSU is going to struggle big time, unless Wilson is willing to get tough and play inside. They'll finish in the top 3 of the Valley, but they aren't even close to having top 15-20 talent.

Re: KU/KSU v WSU
Neither KU nor KSU get anything out of that matchup. I don't see those games happening in the near future (minus any pre/post season tourny matchups)

Uh, yeah. Paul Miller had a good year but he was known as FIFI for his first four years because he was soft. WSU will be a better team next year in transition, interior defense. Miller's scoring will be taken up by Couisnard, Ogirri and Wilson. Two Freshmen big men will have some spot minutes on the inside and we've got a 6'-10" kid from Fla. who will be a Soph. next year who may or may not do something. All in all a very good mix. Have you been to a WSU game recently? Phillip Thomasson (Transfer) will take Millers spot at the 5 not Wilson.

Immaculate
06-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Go Tar Heels.

ChiTown
06-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Uh, yeah. Paul Miller had a good year but he was known as FIFI for his first four years because he was soft. WSU will be a better team next year in transition, interior defense. Miller's scoring will be taken up by Couisnard, Ogirri and Wilson. Two Freshmen big men will have some spot minutes on the inside and we've got a 6'-10" kid from Fla. who will be a Soph. next year who may or may not do something. All in all a very good mix. Have you been to a WSU game recently? Phillip Thomasson (Transfer) will take Millers spot at the 5 not Wilson.

I went to 6 WSU games last year. I know Mark Turgeon, his wife, and kids, very well. I like their program and I like their facilities. They just simply do not have top 15-20 type talent.

They are hoping someone will take Millers spot, but whoever that is, he'll need help. Hence, that's why I think Wilson will need to toughen up and get inside to help out.

BTW, my son is at the week-long WSU camp as we chat.

ChiefaRoo
06-21-2006, 02:46 PM
I went to 6 WSU games last year. I know Mark Turgeon, his wife, and kids, very well. I like their program and I like their facilities. They just simply do not have top 15-20 type talent.

They are hoping someone will take Millers spot, but whoever that is, he'll need help. Hence, that's why I think Wilson will need to toughen up and get inside to help out.

BTW, my son is at the week-long WSU camp as we chat.

I know Turg too and he's not going to tell either you or me what he is thinking in regards to his talent that's for sure.

Secondly, WSU only loses one player from last years team that went to the Sweet 16. They had only one senior who played any real minutes last year in Miller and they ended up in the top 20 in RPI after the NCAA Tournament. So why isn't it plausible to say they have Top 15 to 20 talent? Until last season Paul wasn't considered anything more than Valley honorable mention and he ended up winning the MVP of the league. I look for that kind of improvement from one of the three main guys from last year and more athleticism as a whole for this team. The Valley should be even tougher next year with Creighton and SIU being quite nasty.

We'll see how it shakes out on the court.

ChiTown
06-21-2006, 02:55 PM
I know Turg too and he's not going to tell either you or me what he is thinking in regards to his talent that's for sure.

Secondly, WSU only loses one player from last years team that went to the Sweet 16. They had only one senior who played any real minutes last year in Miller and they ended up in the top 20 in RPI after the NCAA Tournament. So why isn't it plausible to say they have Top 15 to 20 talent? Until last season Paul wasn't considered anything more than Valley honorable mention and he ended up winning the MVP of the league. I look for that kind of improvement from one of the three main guys from last year and more athleticism as a whole for this team. The Valley should be even tougher next year with Creighton and SIU being quite nasty.

We'll see how it shakes out on the court.

I wasn't implying he would give me any insider information. I was just letting you know I'm not a WSU hater.

ChiefaRoo
06-21-2006, 02:57 PM
I wasn't implying he would give me any insider information. I was just letting you know I'm not a WSU hater.

Cool, I wasn't thinking that amigo.

Looking forward to Football and College Basketball this year. Should be a lot of fun.