PDA

View Full Version : Teicher: Sims struggles weigh on Chiefs

CoMoChief
06-20-2006, 04:01 AM
Yeah I know another "Well, no shit!" article, but it's Chiefs talk so I can't complain and neither should you!!! :p

Kansas City Star
By ADAM TEICHER
June 19, 2006

"That's right, show 'em you're tired."
-Gunther Cunningham-

All of the anger and resentment over the Chiefs' recent defensive woes came to a boil during a recent practice when coordinator Gunther Cunningham spied defensive tackle Ryan Sims down on one knee and sucking wind between plays.

Sims is the embodiment of all that's been wrong with the Chiefs and their defense. The sixth pick of the 2002 draft and the supposed pillar of a rebuilding effort, Sims hasn't been worth the pick and has been more of a cause than a solution.

Seeing an out-of-shape Sims on the ground while his defensive teammates stood tall was enough to set off the volatile Cunningham. In mocking tones, Cunningham repeatedly hollered, 'That's right, show 'em you're tired.'

After a reply from Sims about needing a timeout, Cunningham then referred to Sims as a pain in the backside.

The Chiefs have been patiently waiting for Sims to develop into the player they believed he was, but the incident shows they may not be patient much longer. Sims is still starting alongside Lional Dalton in the middle of the defensive front, but this could be his last chance.

'He's got to produce,' Cunningham said. 'He knows he needs to produce. He came into camp overweight. It's his job to get into shape. He said he was getting into shape. I wanted him in shape when he got here.

'I want him where he was for the Jets opener last year because he looked in good shape and looked like he was going to produce. Right now, he doesn't look that way, so we need him on the fast track.'

In that sense, Sims could be Cunningham's project in much the same way linebacker Kawika Mitchell was last year. Mitchell was another defensive underachiever at this time last year, but after an offseason and training camp spent receiving Cunningham's wrath, he responded with his best NFL season.

Mitchell said the treatment he received from Cunningham - the coach was in the linebacker's face at almost every meeting and practice session - helped revive his career, and he believes it will do the same for Sims.

'He has so much talent,' Mitchell said. 'He's had some injuries and things like that, but sometimes you need something to wake you up a little bit. If there's anybody who can do it, it's Gun. I think he will respond.

'I think it will be good for him. If he just gives that little bit more, puts that extra push into it '

Mitchell is a competitive sort with a different personality than Sims, who is more laid-back. He may respond differently than Mitchell - Cunningham's words may merely roll off his back.

'It doesn't always work with everybody,' Cunningham said. 'But we've got to try.'

For his part, Sims said he doesn't mind getting the treatment from Cunningham.

'You can't take it personally with Gun,' Sims said. 'He wants to see where your heart is. He's one of those guys where if he doesn't say anything to you, then he doesn't like you. If you're just going to sit there and let him say anything he wants to you, he doesn't take that in a positive way. He kind of feels you're feeling sorry for yourself because he's hollering at you. You've got to give it back to him a little bit.

'We've always been on good terms. If anybody's got my back, it's him.'

Sims won't just be hearing it from Cunningham but also coach Herm Edwards and defensive-line coach Tim Krumrie.

Krumrie, who also is an intense coach, pulled Cunningham aside after the recent practice incident involving Sims and asked him to lay off, because getting after Sims was his duty.

'When you talk about building blocks and why things are going to get better, it's not just one guy saying what I said. It's all of us saying that,' Cunningham said. 'I was the most volatile the other day on the field, but I know his position coach and the head coach are also going to be very demanding.'

Copyright © 2006 Kansas City Star, All Rights Reserved.

Deberg_1990
06-20-2006, 04:34 AM
Sims is finished......hes got talent, but no heart and worst of all lazy. He got his $$$$ when he got drafted and coasted....at this point id rather just cut his butt and cut our losses. Good riddance..

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 04:57 AM
Sims is finished......hes got talent, but no heart and worst of all lazy. He got his $$$$ when he got drafted and coasted....at this point id rather just cut his butt and cut our losses. Good riddance..

i sick of sims as well, but we cant cut him now, hes the best we got and whos left on the market thats any better

mikey23545
06-20-2006, 05:36 AM
<b>'You can't take it personally with Gun,' Sims said.</b>

This stupid SOB still doesn't get it, does he?
He thinks that Gun is just "teasing" him...And will probably think that until he starts picking up his unemployment check...

the Talking Can
06-20-2006, 05:36 AM
I hate Sims.

He's a joke and he doesn't care.

Count Alex's Losses
06-20-2006, 05:39 AM
I hope Alex Guerrero and Ron Edwards put him out of a job.

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 05:39 AM
Sims is a product of the Friends Network. If there was never a relationship between Bunting and Vermeil, Sims would have never been a Chief.

StcChief
06-20-2006, 06:15 AM
Sims is a product of the Friends Network. If there was never a relationship between Bunting and Vermeil, Sims would have never been a Chief.

So true....This guy was DV pick for sure. What your friends say is how you pick?

For someone wanting to earn his keep, Sims action (inaction) speak louder than words. Just step away from the buffet, Sims.

Inspector
06-20-2006, 06:27 AM
Geez, just cut your losses and get rid of the worthless, lazy sack-o-crap.

Man, that's too bad. He has had a couple of flashes, just enough to give ya some hope, but I think the final straw has already been broken.

I'm expecting Sims to be taking my order at the catfish shack sometime about this September.....

jspchief
06-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Sims is a product of the Friends Network. If there was never a relationship between Bunting and Vermeil, Sims would have never been a Chief.Yea, because when he was drafted, no one else in the league thought he was any good. :rolleyes:

I'm still holding out hope. He came in last year in great shape, and looked like a stud. We need Sims too much to just give up on him. It's not like DT is a position that we have deep talent at.

Hog Farmer
06-20-2006, 07:35 AM
I remember Gun being high on Sims at the end of training camp last year and then he got hurt right away and never had the chance to get going. I predict Sims to be on the team and have a break out year. It's too early to give up on a 6th overall pick and Herm and Gun know that.

Rausch
06-20-2006, 07:39 AM
<b>'You can't take it personally with Gun,' Sims said.</b>

This stupid SOB still doesn't get it, does he?
He thinks that Gun is just "teasing" him...And will probably think that until he starts picking up his unemployment check...

Exactly.

Sims seems to have the "Gun yells at everybody" attitude. What he's forgetting about is Gun yells at players who suck @$$ or are playing like @$$. He probably does yell at damned near everybody because for the last 5 years damned near everybody SUCKED...

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-20-2006, 07:39 AM
What a worthless sack of shit. He knows his job is on the line and he comes into camp sucking wind and overweight. He's a snapshot of everything that is wrong with a professional athlete.

John_Wayne
06-20-2006, 07:48 AM
As much as we dislike Simms, we need him. We can just dump him. We need him to live up to his potential. Without him, we've got little else. I'd hate to see him go for that reason. But I'm as frustrated with him as everyone else is.

BigRedChief
06-20-2006, 07:50 AM
What a worthless sack of shit. He knows his job is on the line and he comes into camp sucking wind and overweight. He's a snapshot of everything that is wrong with a professional athlete.

When I saw him at the Chiefs practice he reminded me of a Queen Latifah. Big ass and slow. Pathetic.

Rausch
06-20-2006, 07:52 AM
As much as we dislike Simms, we need him. We can just dump him. We need him to live up to his potential. Without him, we've got little else. I'd hate to see him go for that reason. But I'm as frustrated with him as everyone else is.

What's the difference? He's always hurt anyway. When he's not he mostly sucks.

Talent isn't the first requirement to play in the NFL, it's the drive and descipline necessary to make it...

morphius
06-20-2006, 07:53 AM
I really want him to not suck, but he sounds a bit to comfortable.

Bootlegged
06-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Hey Hey Hey..

Glad we traded up to get The Human Square.

FAX
06-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Am I remembering things incorrectly, or did Sims not show some promise early last year before his injury?

Did I dream this?

FAX

Chiefnj
06-20-2006, 08:01 AM
There's no excuse for Sims to come into OTA's out of shape.

The only interesting thing in the article was:
"Krumrie, who also is an intense coach, pulled Cunningham aside after the recent practice incident involving Sims and asked him to lay off, because getting after Sims was his duty."

Kerberos
06-20-2006, 08:08 AM

"Krumrie, who also is an intense coach, pulled Cunningham aside after the recent practice incident involving Sims and asked him to lay off, because getting after Sims was his duty."

Yup

Maybe.... JUST MAYBE someone can get under Sims skin and get him to wake the F*** up and fly right.

You would think that in his contract year he would be little more motivated to play his best and be in shape to get that next PHAT contract before he continues his FAT LAZY POS attitude and drops off even further into lessergy!

:shake:

I just don't get it! :banghead:

morphius
06-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Am I remembering things incorrectly, or did Sims not show some promise early last year before his injury?

Did I dream this?

FAX
They say he did, but from the aritcle it also sounded like he came in last year in shape as well, where it seems he has fallen into his old ways.

BigRedChief
06-20-2006, 08:21 AM
and if I'm remembering it correctly he did play good until he got hurt. But when he came back he went back to his old self. and this year he's a big fat slow DT. Those are a dime a dozen in the NFL.

FAX
06-20-2006, 08:25 AM
They say he did, but from the aritcle it also sounded like he came in last year in shape as well, where it seems he has fallen into his old ways.

Well, if that's true, I just don't fathom what's happening to the guy, Mr. morphius. It sounds like he needs an off-season baby sitter or something.

I thought I remembered the radio guys (Holthus and Dawson) commenting on how much better he looked on the field in the first game or two last season.

I suppose I'll never understand what makes guys like this tick. The opportunity of a lifetime in front of him and he prefers building a twinkie belly.

FAX

Lzen
06-20-2006, 08:27 AM

Bull****. If the Chiefs wouldn't have drafted him high, someone else would've. He was projected as a top 10 pick by most of the experts. It just goes to show that the draft can be a crap shoot. I'm with jspchief on this one. I thought he looked good in preseason last year and in the first game until he got hurt. I'm still holding out a sliver of hope. But he definitely has to produce this year.

greg63
06-20-2006, 08:33 AM
I've always questioned his willingness to play for the Chiefs. He really, REALLY needs to get his act together or move on.

Rausch
06-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Bull****. If the Chiefs wouldn't have drafted him high, someone else would've. He was projected as a top 10 pick by most of the experts. It just goes to show that the draft can be a crap shoot. I'm with jspchief on this one. I thought he looked good in preseason last year and in the first game until he got hurt. I'm still holding out a sliver of hope. But he definitely has to produce this year.

Yeah, he looked good for one game. Another reason players get injuries is being fat and out of shape, which he is more often than not.

Seems like DT has finally overtaken CB as the 2nd hardest position to fill...

greg63
06-20-2006, 08:36 AM

Yeah, if the Vikings hadnít been so slow getting to the stand after Dallas let the clock run out on them; he'd be in Minnesota right now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-20-2006, 08:36 AM
I don't know what to think about Krumrie's move. I like that he is willing to rip into Sims on his own, but I don't necessarily like him playing the good cop in this situation. Someone needs to whip Sims' ass, though, and I don't mean on the field, I mean someone needs to literally whip his ass.

unlurking
06-20-2006, 08:39 AM

hahaha

The coaches are falling all over each other to give this guy hell. Not a good sign.

greg63
06-20-2006, 08:40 AM
I don't know what to think about Krumrie's move. I like that he is willing to rip into Sims on his own, but I don't necessarily like him playing the good cop in this situation. Someone needs to whip Sims' ass, though, and I don't mean on the field, I mean someone needs to literally whip his ass.

Are you applying for the job?? :p

FAX
06-20-2006, 08:41 AM
You're totally right on the injury issue, Mr. Rausch. Out of shape players are far more prone to injury.

The thing is that last year's injury wasn't a result of poor fitness. At least I don't remember it that way. I thought it was a foot problem. There's only so many foot excercises one can do.

I do think we have a looming problem between Gun and Krumrie, though. Sounds like they aren't together on who coaches who and when.

FAX

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Yup

Maybe.... JUST MAYBE someone can get under Sims skin and get him to wake the F*** up and fly right.

You would think that in his contract year he would be little more motivated to play his best and be in shape to get that next PHAT contract before he continues his FAT LAZY POS attitude and drops off even further into lessergy!

I just don't get it! :banghead:

It's NOT his contract year.

Coogs
06-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Krumrie, who also is an intense coach, pulled Cunningham aside after the recent practice incident involving Sims and asked him to lay off, because getting after Sims was his duty.

Way to go Krumrine! :toast:

Herm brings Gun the scheme, and a position coaches tells Gun to mind his own business. We may have a defense yet this season.

Coogs
06-20-2006, 09:24 AM
I also heard a blurb on Fox4 last night from Jared Allen. Didn't catch it all, but he said something about how much better the defense was been run this year. I thought he said way fewer meetings and much more time being put in with the position coaches.

Iowanian
06-20-2006, 09:28 AM
There is likely some truth to that, but I think a more appropriate quote at this time would be

Sims is a product of Julius Peppers

I think Sims has the talent, but not the heart.
He was looking good in preseason, and in the first series of the Jets game, but he got hurt early.

CoMoChief
06-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Yeah, if the Vikings hadnít been so slow getting to the stand after Dallas let the clock run out on them; he'd be in Minnesota right now.

Minnesota drafted Kevin Williams instead IIRC right? Last time I checked he is hands down a hell of a lot better than Sims.

FAX
06-20-2006, 09:34 AM
I also heard a blurb on Fox4 last night from Jared Allen. Didn't catch it all, but he said something about how much better the defense was been run this year. I thought he said way fewer meetings and much more time being put in with the position coaches.

That's pretty interesting, Mr. Coogs. Thanks for mentioning this. I was wondering about the internal, operational changes that the Hermilator would bring in.

I've noted that he is big on focusing on "situational football" in the OTAs, as well. What I don't know is if this was also a priority in previous years. Nevertheless, I like the idea very much.

FAX

Chiefnj
06-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Minnesota drafted Kevin Williams instead IIRC right? Last time I checked he is hands down a hell of a lot better than Sims.

They took an OT. It shows that they didn't even have another DT rated nearly as high as they did Sims.

They took Williams the next year, and he has been a very good DT.

In the end they looked foolish at first, but got the better end of the deal.

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 09:40 AM
They took an OT. It shows that they didn't even have another DT rated nearly as high as they did Sims.

They took Williams the next year, and he has been a very good DT.

In the end they looked foolish at first, but got the better end of the deal.

Ironically, many Vike fans speak of Bryant McKinnie (the OT they took after Sims) the same way we speak of Sims...

KCTitus
06-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Vikings took Bryant McKinnie in 2002.

It's the ultimate irony that the Vikings which appeared to have screwed up when they were blocked by the idiots at the Chiefs desk from racing the Sims card up to the commish that KC managed to get stuck with Sims after all and be the biggest bust in the first round of the 2002 draft.

Nice work, Carl.

morphius
06-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Ironically, many Vike fans speak of Bryant McKinnie (the OT they took after Sims) the same way we speak of Sims...
Or is that just more proof that MN really had no idea what they were doing in that draft?

KCTitus
06-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Or is that just more proof that MN really had no idea what they were doing in that draft?

So you're saying that they 'out Carled' Carl... Interesting.

stevieray
06-20-2006, 09:47 AM

This is what pisses me off.

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Yea, because when he was drafted, no one else in the league thought he was any good. :rolleyes:

I'm still holding out hope. He came in last year in great shape, and looked like a stud. We need Sims too much to just give up on him. It's not like DT is a position that we have deep talent at.

I never said no one else thought he wasn't any good when drafted. Thanks, I guess, in a roundabout way putting words in my mouth. I just said he is a product of the Friends Network.

Are you telling me if there was no relationship with the previous HC and Bunting we would have still moved up and drafted Sims?

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 09:57 AM
I never said no one else thought he wasn't any good when drafted. Thanks, I guess, in a roundabout way putting words in my mouth. I just said he is a product of the Friends Network.

Are you telling me if there was no relationship with the previous HC and Bunting we would have still moved up and drafted Sims?

I'm willing to bet we would have. They were adamant about taking a DT and Sims was the concensus best DT in the draft.

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm willing to bet we would have. They were adamant about taking a DT and Sims was the concensus best DT in the draft.

See, I willing to bet that Carl wouldn't have without Vermeils seal of approval considering it was DT rich draft. What were there? 4 or 6 DT's drafted in the 1st that year. I don't really remember. I just remember hating the move then, and still hating it now.

MOhillbilly
06-20-2006, 10:16 AM
-Krumrie, who also is an intense coach, pulled Cunningham aside after the recent practice incident involving Sims and asked him to lay off, because getting after Sims was his duty.-

:hmmm:

KCTitus
06-20-2006, 10:19 AM
See, I willing to bet that Carl wouldn't have without Vermeils seal of approval considering it was DT rich draft. What were there? 4 or 6 DT's drafted in the 1st that year. I don't really remember. I just remember hating the move then, and still hating it now.

Yeah, you're probably right...just like 2003.

Henderson, Bryant and Haynesworth were the other 3 DT's in the first round.

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 10:23 AM
-Krumrie, who also is an intense coach, pulled Cunningham aside after the recent practice incident involving Sims and asked him to lay off, because getting after Sims was his duty.-

:hmmm:

WTF? I would have told Krumrie to do his job and make sure his player doesn't come into OTA's fat and lazy.

MVChiefFan
06-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Sims was by far and away the best DT "on paper" in that draft. All of those other guys had one issue or another where Sims was known as the "sure thing". I remember a big write up in SI about him right before the draft and I was pumped as hell to get him. Unfortunately, we now know the rest of the story. GOOD DAY!

TRR
06-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Sims was by far and away the best DT "on paper" in that draft. All of those other guys had one issue or another where Sims was known as the "sure thing". I remember a big write up in SI about him right before the draft and I was pumped as hell to get him. Unfortunately, we now know the rest of the story. GOOD DAY!

Sims couldn't have held a candle to John Henderson on paper.

Saggysack
06-20-2006, 10:37 AM

That's the thing about paper. It usually crumbles.

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Sims couldn't have held a candle to John Henderson on paper.

He most certainly did. Henderson had significant and legitimate injury concerns coming out of college.

Kerberos
06-20-2006, 10:53 AM
It's NOT his contract year.

For some flipp'n reason I thought Sims signed a 5 year contract and I just read it was a 7 year signing.

Jeezus we have to put up with this :BS: for possibly two more season?

Mr. Laz
06-20-2006, 10:54 AM
have his fat arse run hills at practice everyday until he pukes.

no contract ... doesn't violate union rules :)

tell him he can start practicing with the team as soon as he shows the heart and commitment to EARN practicing with his teammates.

KCTitus
06-20-2006, 10:58 AM
It may not be Sims contract year, but being the 4th year of service in the NFL, starting next year he does get some sort of limited free agency, doesnt he?

Kerberos
06-20-2006, 11:08 AM
It may not be Sims contract year, but being the 4th year of service in the NFL, starting next year he does get some sort of limited free agency, doesnt he?

We can only hope so. But that brings back up the point that if he IS in a situation where they can drop him next season without a huge cap hit (if any at all?) then he is still in the same boat of needing to give a shit about his weight and his conditioning, (which he apparently is NOT).

MOhillbilly
06-20-2006, 11:35 AM
WTF? I would have told Krumrie to do his job and make sure his player doesn't come into OTA's fat and lazy.

on one hand i kinda like it on the other i dont like the media portraying disention in the coaching ranks this early.
Hopefully the new position coaches have the leadership skills to see through the BS.
not sure coach Cunningham has those leadership qualties though.(and by 'not sure' i mean im convinced he doesnt)

PunkinDrublic
06-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Sims deserves all the criticism that comes his way. I hope Gunther can get him to turn it around like he did with Kawika Mitchell. But I think with Kawika it was never an issue with his effort or intensity. I don't think Sims is ever going to turn it around at this point but I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Sims deserves all the criticism that comes his way. I hope Gunther can get him to turn it around like he did with Kawika Mitchell. But I think with Kawika it was never an issue with his effort or intensity. I don't think Sims is ever going to turn it around at this point but I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

I'm with ya. You never want to give up hope on a guy that was the 6th overall pick, a guy that has that much potential.

MOhillbilly
06-20-2006, 11:49 AM
i still think hes going to have a monster year.

MVChiefFan
06-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Sims is weird to me. On one hand he is fat and lazy and doesn't seem to really care if he does anything or not. But, then sometimes you see him on the field and he's goin' nuts. Yelling, jumping around and such. You would think a guy with that much emotion would care if he was looking like a pussy on most plays. I think he's a headcase.

Kerberos
06-20-2006, 11:55 AM
i still think hes going to swallow a Phat Monster Cookie this year.

There I fixed it for ya!

noa
06-20-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm completely pissed by Sims and what he's done to the Chiefs, but I actually like what he says in this article. He understands that Gun is trying to help him. I just don't understand how hard it can be to stay in shape during the offseason when you are a professional athelete.

CoMoChief
06-20-2006, 12:31 PM
i still think hes going to have a monster year.

Funny how people have been saying that since the day he's been drafted. Potential is the scariest word in the NFL.

CoMoChief
06-20-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm completely pissed by Sims and what he's done to the Chiefs, but I actually like what he says in this article. He understands that Gun is trying to help him. I just don't understand how hard it can be to stay in shape during the offseason when you are a professional athelete.

When youre in your early-mid 20's and theres nothing to do in the offseason when you have alot of money (especially with the work ethic he has) youre gonna blow a lot of money on booze, clubs, and food. Another words each offseason instead of training he probably parties his ass off.

mlyonsd
06-20-2006, 12:38 PM
I've always liked Sims and have had great hopes for him. I just thought he couldn't catch a break with all of the injuries he's faced.

But to show up at camp that far out of shape finally makes me start to think he might be a bust.

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 12:49 PM
I have not like the pick from the start. For me to say anything else about Simms, would be repeating myself.

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 01:09 PM
I have not like the pick from the start. For me to say anything else about Simms, would be repeating myself.

Please do stop repeating yourself.

We're getting tired of seeing his name spelled wrong.

alanm
06-20-2006, 01:12 PM
I seem to recall John Henderson was the concensus best DT in that years draft but most everyone was concerned about his back. I guess most were wrong about Henderson. :banghead:

Tribal Warfare
06-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Don't forget Bunting and Vermeil were good friends too :banghead:

Mr. Laz
06-20-2006, 01:37 PM
I seem to recall John Henderson was the concensus best DT in that years draft but most everyone was concerned about his back. I guess most were wrong about Henderson. :banghead:

actually i think there was a whole group of them rating highly

John henderson - best, most productive ... but back problems

albert haynesworth - physically the most dominate, most upside .. but young with boom/bust potiential. attitude?

wendall bryant - "the safe pick"

Ryan Sims - the all-around player (pepper/sims ... who made who better?)

MOhillbilly
06-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Funny how people have been saying that since the day he's been drafted. Potential is the scariest word in the NFL.

ive stated before my thoughts on sims.
And at this point said 'potential' is a small percentage of my opinion on the specualtion of sims upcoming year.

Chiefnj
06-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Henderson had a huge junior season, but regressed a bit and didn't put up great numbers his senior year. He also had ankle and back injury concerns.

The only guy from the top 4 DTs in the draft class to come close to being the player they projected is Henderson. Sims has been a bust, Bryant a bigger bust and Haynesworth is just average.

Although it is too late now, I would have been happy had the Chiefs swapped underachieving tackles with the Saints and gave them Sims and got Sullivan in return. Perhaps a change in scenery is what each of them needs.

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 02:42 PM

Henderson tailed off quite a bit between his junior and senior seasons, and some draftniks had him falling out of round 1 altogether. He had concerns about both back and ankle injuries.

As for hindsight, he plays next to Marcus Stroud. Nobody else in that class of defensive tackles is surrounded by talent that even comes CLOSE to Stroud.

mdstu
06-20-2006, 02:54 PM
I was having a discussion with a friend of mine this year about Sims.
He swore up and down that he looked really good last year before his injury.

I decided to watch the game to see for myself. He tackled the running back on the first play and got carted off the field on the fourth.

I can only shake my head and dream of better days.

ck_IN
06-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Henderson was nicked his senior season which did cut his numbers but for the length of his career he was far and away better then Sims.

And acutually I'm not upset about drafting Sims. The draft is hit and miss. Look at Leaf, Blair Thomas and Heath Schuler to pick three. What truely PO's me about Sims is that we traded up to get him. So the Vikes draft Sims. Fine then we draft Henderson. If they get Henderson then we take Sims. Either way is fine. But trading up when there was no clear reason to is purely idiotic and has DV written all over it.

Sam Hall
06-20-2006, 05:53 PM
If you would've told me a year ago that Sims would be on the team today, I would've been surprised. I thought he was due a big roster bonus after last season. He obviously hasn't earned it. I wonder if he got the benefit of the doubt because of that injury.

milkman
06-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Exactly.

Sims seems to have the "Gun yells at everybody" attitude. What he's forgetting about is Gun yells at players who suck @$$ or are playing like @$$. He probably does yell at damned near everybody because for the last 5 years damned near everybody SUCKED...

I hope to hell when Gunt looks in the mirror, he yells at himself, cause he sucks as much as everyone else on this D.

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Please do stop repeating yourself.

We're getting tired of seeing his name spelled wrong.

We are getting tired? So you speak for everyone now. When he plays well, I will spell his name right. The extra M stands for Mistake!

Looks to be cut from the squad at this point, so he will forever be Simms.

NaptownChief
06-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Another year and another Sims is out of shape story...shocking. Anybody who thinks this lazy POS is going to pull it together is also probably still holding out hope for Al Gore winning a recount in Florida. If there is another warm body on the roster that they can stick in there that cost a lot less money then it is time to do it. Cut this POS and move on. He is slated for 1,567,000 base salary this season plus any roster/workout bonus' he might have. Cut bait and quit wasting money and playing time on a joke.

Chiefnj
06-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Henderson was nicked his senior season which did cut his numbers but for the length of his career he was far and away better then Sims.

And acutually I'm not upset about drafting Sims. The draft is hit and miss. Look at Leaf, Blair Thomas and Heath Schuler to pick three. What truely PO's me about Sims is that we traded up to get him. So the Vikes draft Sims. Fine then we draft Henderson. If they get Henderson then we take Sims. Either way is fine. But trading up when there was no clear reason to is purely idiotic and has DV written all over it.

You are assuming the Chiefs had Henderson as the 2nd rated DT. It could have been Haynesworth.

NaptownChief
06-20-2006, 10:20 PM
You are assuming the Chiefs had Henderson as the 2nd rated DT. It could have been Haynesworth.

Could have been Wendell Bryant also....Speaking of which we need to have the same nut sack as the Cards and cut our bust lose also.

Rausch
06-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Another year and another Sims is out of shape story...shocking. Anybody who thinks this lazy POS is going to pull it together is also probably still holding out hope for Al Gore winning a recount in Florida. If there is another warm body on the roster that they can stick in there that cost a lot less money then it is time to do it. Cut this POS and move on.

Exactly.

Ryan McGlockton can go play with Chester Sims in NY...

Rausch
06-20-2006, 10:36 PM
I hope to hell when Gunt looks in the mirror, he yells at himself, cause he sucks as much as everyone else on this D.

Allen and DJ are already better draft picks than any defensive player we drafted under DV/GROB.

Gun's got all the ingredients, it's time for the ****er to quit burning dinner...