PDA

View Full Version : Mobile ESPN...

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling this idea is totally takning? I mean they have a commercial every five minutes or so... I just get the impression they're grasping at straws with some of these commercials.

Moooo

JBucc
06-20-2006, 11:44 AM
They shove it down your throat at every update on sportscenter too. Instead of a regular update it's a "mobile update". Makes me not want to buy it.

Bob Dole
06-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Bob Dole couldn't get the damned thing to load last January. Does it actually work now?

Moooo
06-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Bob Dole couldn't get the damned thing to load last January. Does it actually work now?

?

What I'm talking about is an actual phone service. You have to sign up for it, like you would Cingular or something like that.

Moooo

chiefqueen
06-20-2006, 12:45 PM
I think service is with Sprint (I haven't received my first bill). So far, I've had no problems with reception.

The news features/video clips were pretty easy to figure out and I did not read the manual beforehand.

CHENZ A!
06-20-2006, 07:45 PM
I just got a letter in the mail, where they will give me a free phone, and an annual subscription to ESPN the magazine, and ESPN Insider. If I sign up for 2 yrs. I'm with T Mobile right now, and like them pretty well, but my phone is a pos, and I'd like to get all those sports updates and stuff.

chiefqueen- So, you'd say you like ESPN mobile so far/ wasit worth it to switch? How expensive of a monthly plan did you go for? thanks.

chiefqueen
06-20-2006, 09:39 PM
I just got a letter in the mail, where they will give me a free phone, and an annual subscription to ESPN the magazine, and ESPN Insider. If I sign up for 2 yrs. I'm with T Mobile right now, and like them pretty well, but my phone is a pos, and I'd like to get all those sports updates and stuff.

chiefqueen- So, you'd say you like ESPN mobile so far/ wasit worth it to switch? How expensive of a monthly plan did you go for? thanks.

I got my first bill today - not much more than Cingular. I went for the $64/month pla.

I had to drop Cingular because a conductor wire in the charger frayed making recharging the phone impossible. I called Cingular and the said because I had the phone more than a year I could not replace the charger I had to get a new phone. Getting a new phone meant extending the service contract 2 more years, so I was looking for a new service provider.

After I got the phone I called Cingular and tried to cancel. They told me if I cancelled b/f Aug. I would incur a $150 penalty. I told her the phone was not usable because it could not be charged. She said it didn't matter but she was willing to lower me to the cheapest rate.

GEE THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bang:CINGULAR

Cochise
06-20-2006, 10:06 PM
chiefqueen, I had the same thing happen with Sprint. I got a phone and a 2 year agreement with them. I had the phone for about a year and a half, when the phone that I had gotten for free at the start of that turned into crap and wouldn't hold a charge but for a couple of hours. I still had my old phone, so I just called them up and had them turn it back on.

Well, when my 2 years were up, I was going to re-up with Sprint, as long as I could upgrade my phone at the usual discount for extending for 2 more years. But they told me that since I had changed phones during that time - the phone serial number on the account had changed, I hadn't actually gotten another $150 rebate from them or anything - that I couldn't do it, the system wouldn't let them give me a rebate for another year and a half. The only way would have been if I had signed up for their $10 a month equipment replacement guarantee at the start of my plan. So if i had paid them $240 more during my service period I could have saved $150 on a new phone :spock:

So I was like, well, another company will give me a new phone for a 2 year agreement, you guys won't give me anything, so see ya later.

Simplex3
06-20-2006, 10:10 PM
ESPN Mobile is a Sprint spin-off. That service is pretty much a joke within the Sprint group I'm currently working with.

SLAG
06-21-2006, 01:00 PM
ESPN Mobile is a Sprint spin-off. That service is pretty much a joke within the Sprint group I'm currently working with.

Nextel is Much Better

and they are quite Flexable on their upgrade Policy's

jspchief
06-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Why bother with it?

I have Verizon and just added an ESPN and Fox Sports app to the programs.

What does their ESPN Mobile offer beyond that?